Game file sizes could soon be 70% smaller, bluray am cry.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Pep dont give Pet any encouragement, especially when I have him on the back foot... :D
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

You cant mention Amiga 500 without mentioning Cinemaware.

Rocket Ranger, Wings -completed all 240 odd missions with diskswapping after every mission, It Came from the Desert, Defender of the Crown, Lords of the Rising Sun,TV Sports Franchise..... which were probably a lot less buggier than the crap EA produces.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Defender of the Crown was awesome :up:

And dont mention disk-swapping "once per level" until youve played Final Fight on Amiga 500. 14 times per checkpoint :laugh:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Tapes you tech whore. Such a NES fanboy bias!
The c64 had some cartridge games too. Didn't really play those much though.

I've said before in a post on PN a while ago though, that I think non-console platforms generally sucked for arcade games around about the 16 bit era. Some of my fave games like strider, final fight, r-type (well it was super when snes was just out) etc etc were just much more fun playing on a console. (things like AI were done properly, and generally controllers were better. Finally no more bullshit pressing up to jump.)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

Sonic Jam wrote:My personal take on this whole thing is it's a god send for the ridiculous size restrictions MS have to use cos they fucked up and splintered the userbase.
How have they splintered the userbase? If it's in regards to the HD-DVD add-on then they haven't. All that does is give people the ability to by a cheap HD-DVD player that utilises the power of the 360, nothing to do with games.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

David Carney wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:My personal take on this whole thing is it's a god send for the ridiculous size restrictions MS have to use cos they fucked up and splintered the userbase.
How have they splintered the userbase? If it's in regards to the HD-DVD add-on then they haven't. All that does is give people the ability to by a cheap HD-DVD player that utilises the power of the 360, nothing to do with games.
No hard drive on tard packs means all XBLA games gave to fit well within a 64MB memory card limit.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

or as it appears this dev has said, 50MB limit Talez.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Hence "well within 64MB".