Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Mario vs DK 2 - IMPRESSIONS!

Post by Talez »

So I got this one delivered about 20 minutes ago.

THIS GAME OWNS!

First of all. The graphics. The graphics are utterly exquisite being rich and colourful. The minis are detailed. The non-mini sprites are detailed, fluid and look like a cartoon. Video intros abound, the interface is clean and never confuses you.

The music is funky. Nothing to write home about but it shouldn't get on your nerves very quickly. Standard cartoony sound effects and little yips compliment a decent soundtrack

The puzzle elements are insane and even if you've never played this game before (like me) you'll pick up most of the elements almost immediately. You'll be playing levels over and over to get the coverted gold star on each one.

The level making mode is AWESOME. It feels right and you can do almost anything you want in the level. The game works out all the score levels for you based on difficulty and how many minis you place in.

There is no VS mode per sé. You basically challenge your friends to levels you create. When on WFC you can upload a level for all of your friends to download at their leisure. You can have up to 10 levels uploaded at once and these will be exactly the ones you have on your cart.

A really good buy for the strategy puzzle alone. WFC makes it the cream of the crop. I recommend every DS puzzler go out and grab this from dvdcrave or when the game is release locally.

In short this game freaking rocks.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

excellent :up:
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Great stuff! lemmings and chu chu, nintnedo style. I love these sorts of puzzlers till they get insanely hard, wonder if this one will being a nintendo game. Stylus control is perfect. Good FMV's too.

Love it. :up:
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

BOOMY wrote:I love these sorts of puzzlers till they get insanely hard
yeah, that's the point i put them down, never to return...
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I'd agree but I've had fun playing 'fun' and 'tricky' levels of lemmings 1 many times since its release despite getting stuck further on.

I really just wanted to have a fanboy rave bout the stylus control some more. Fuck its great, rather than having to return to a set of buttons and selecting your abilitiy you just gesture what you want the minimarios to do. Your moves/abilities arent as vast as a lemmings game but the gameplay isn't as fiddley and feels a bit more 'actiony'. As mentioned, lemmings and chu chu fans should not miss out!