Choppy Xbox 360 video playback...

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ben
Southpoor

Choppy Xbox 360 video playback...

Post by Ben »

Yo, I've had this problem for a while, and initially I didn't care too much because it was just like a blip in a video somewhere, wasn't anything annoying. But after downloading some recent vids from TGS that have some length to them I can conclude that it is FUCKING ANNOYING THE SHIT OUT OF ME. Every 10 second block or something it fucks around and it's driving me mental.

Anyway, anyone else had this problem? Know how to fix it? I tried a friends HDD on my 360, and his played fine.. so it means it's probably something to do with my HDD... something I didn't want to be true as it means if I want to get it fixed MS's way, it'll probably mean give us your HDD, you get a new one and lose all your saves... fuck that.

I've tried doing the cache clearing both ways, downloading videos again, playing them back without the net connected, without being signed in, etc all that crap and nothing fixes it so far :(

I feel like I've made a post about this before but I can't seem to find anything so yeah, anyway it's a piss off and just wondering if anyone else has had problems? For me it's been occurring since just after the update that added KB support, FF/RW options in trailer etc, the last big one basically.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Send it in to M$...they're great :up:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

haha, something I want to avoid doing if I can :(

btw this doesn't happen for video playback from discs, ie the intro for N3 plays fine.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I get the same thing since that update, and I know of others that have mentioned it too. I reckon MS has just done something a bit stupid somewhere and will hopefully correct it again with the next update.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I see.. I had heard about it before, something like they introduced a new codec, and bungie released a new trailer for Halo 3 because it fucked with it or something? but a new codec would have made me think it'd universally affect all 360 profiles.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Yeah it was because of Halo 3. People were complaining that it didn't play right. It stuttered a lot. So they released a new codec which stuffed some vids for others. I'm one of those people. All video game vids play fine, anything like movie trailers, music vids and RvB eps will stutter now and then for me. YAY! It was all fine before MS! Even the bloody Halo 3 trailer...
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I think just about all of my stuff is choppy now :( but some a lot more than others.