pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Heatseeker (Wii) pics - impressive

Post by pilonv1 »

http://wii.ign.com/articles/737/737295p1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't wait to pay $400 for last gen hardware if the games look THIS GOOD!! :drool:
Pat

Post by Pat »

For $400 you could get the PSP version and better graphics.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

why are there so many wii games that fail to even look cube-good?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Pat

Post by Pat »

selfish wrote:why are there so many wii games that fail to even look cube-good?
Nintendo.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

1997 never looked so good.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

:lol:
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Its not that the Wii cannot achieve anything graphically superior to the Gamecube, its just that most third party developers are lazy and especially wanting to rush titles into the Wii’s launch window (with all the analyst and media buzz about the potential success of the system).

Just take a look at for instance Super Mario Galaxy, Pokemon Battle Revolution & Sonic and the Secret Rings. As we transition into 2007 and Nintendo and devoted third parties begin to show off their newer in development titles like Super Smash Brawl, Donkey Kong Blast, Heroes, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Final Fantasy CC 2 etc, games will obviously begin to surpass GC/Xbox levels and look much better, but of course not meet PS3/360 standards as expected.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Rocco wrote:Its not that the Wii cannot achieve anything graphically superior to the Gamecube, its just that most third party developers are lazy and especially wanting to rush titles into the Wii’s launch window
I think everyone here understands this. A higher clocked Gamecube will obviously atleast match a standard clocked Cube.
Rocco wrote:games will obviously begin to surpass GC/Xbox levels and look much better, but of course not meet PS3/360 standards as expected.
Much better? Probably not, but it's not out of the question to expect Cube/Xbox games as the minimum.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I very, VERY much doubt the Wii will ever *clearly* (as in, so much so that it looks like a different platform) surpass XBox games such as Ninja Gaiden.

It just doesn't have the power.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rocco wrote:Its not that the Wii cannot achieve anything graphically superior to the Gamecube, its just that most third party developers are lazy and especially wanting to rush titles into the Wii’s launch window (with all the analyst and media buzz about the potential success of the system).

Just take a look at for instance Super Mario Galaxy, Pokemon Battle Revolution & Sonic and the Secret Rings. As we transition into 2007 and Nintendo and devoted third parties begin to show off their newer in development titles like Super Smash Brawl, Donkey Kong Blast, Heroes, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Final Fantasy CC 2 etc, games will obviously begin to surpass GC/Xbox levels and look much better, but of course not meet PS3/360 standards as expected.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i tried clicking your link to find out about who on earth is making a game that bad - it's been pulled.

search reveals it to be a codemasters ps2 port. straw man?

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Hahahaha no fucking wonder this looks familiar, it's IR Gurus, they'll be using Michael (from 4BG's) code still from the PS2 game Heroes of the Pacific :up:

Oh and I think those are PS2 screens, only 1 Wii shot's been released so far:

http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/heat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... wii_01.jpg