Miyamoto: "(Wii)...is basically a GAMECUBE NINTENDO

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Miyamoto: "(Wii)...is basically a GAMECUBE NINTENDO

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/shiggy/miy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 205086.php
The hardware is basically a GC. We've upgraded our development tools to new versions but, you can still use GC programs as they are. With that in mind, I thought we could remake GC titles for the Wii and modify them to work with the Wii remote so that they're more fun to play.
Not like it's a shock. All you have to do is look at the games to draw this conclusion, but it brings up the price issue once more. Where is the value again? Why not just release the magic wand for the GAMECUBE NINTENDO?
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rip off the handle, stand the GAMECUBE NINTENDO on its back and put a flap over the controller ports and you have a Wii.

And $300 extra in your bank account.
Rocco

Re: Miyamoto: "(Wii)...is basically a GAMECUBE NINTENDO

Post by Rocco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good try Candy, but Miyamoto NEVER said that. The real quote from Nintendo Dream magazine has been altered & distorted.

Here is what you posted:
Candy Arse wrote:"The hardware is basically a GC. We've upgraded our development tools to new versions but, you can still use GC programs as they are. With that in mind, I thought we could remake GC titles for the Wii and modify them to work with the Wii remote so that they're more fun to play."

Here is what Miyamoto really said:
"The machine is based on GC. We'll be upgrading the development tools, but GameCube code can be used for the most part as is. In that sense, I believe that it would be good to remake GameCube games for Wii, and that some titles would become better with the change to the Wii remote controller."
Here is a list of websites reporting the real and unaltered quote from Miyamoto’s full interview with Nintendo Dream Magazine.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726749p1.html

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/unions/rea ... ion_id=367

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=13576

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=10551

8)
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

People I know who make games for the thing have told me for months that it's a Gamecube with a bit of extra clock speed and ram. Aswell as the various reports from IGN etc stating the specs of the machine, plus the pictures of any game released so far back that up

If you expect visuals beyond XBOX on the thing you're "special". Heck it might not even attain that since it still uses GC class video hardware.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Wow check out Rocco's damage control.
"The machine is based on GC.
Yes. This means it's a GAMECUBE NINTENDO in a Wii case. Great value!
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Wow, so now the Wii cannot even output Xbox 1 equivalent visuals? :roll:

People need to just shut up and check out Super Mario Galaxy in particular. Of course its not PS3/360 equivalent (duh!), but people who view that footage and then call it crap or nothing better then Gamecube quality are simply retarded :redface:.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Wow, so now the Wii cannot even output Xbox 1 equivalent visuals?
No it can't. Xbox can pump out up to 1080i. Wii can pump out up to 480p.

Xbox > Wii.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Pfft, you’ll be there on launch day, waiting in line to pick up your Wii and a copy of Zelda.

You’ll also probably spend half the evening creating your Mii character, and then the remainder of the night playing him in Wii Sports.

8)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

No I won't be. I'm trying to con members of my family into getting me one as my b'day and $mas fall within a month of each other. Nintendo aren't getting a red cent from me on launch day. I'm using that money for something worthwhile - a PS3.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Rocco wrote:Wow, so now the Wii cannot even output Xbox 1 equivalent visuals? :roll:

People need to just shut up and check out Super Mario Galaxy in particular. Of course its not PS3/360 equivalent (duh!), but people who view that footage and then call it crap or nothing better then Gamecube quality are simply retarded :redface:.
While it's a slightly faster machine in terms of clock speeds from what I've read/been told doesn't it still have the same feature set as the Cube? ie slightly below that of the XBOX?

If there was an Anti Rocco i'm sure he could spin the wii hardware into being worse than the XBOX, even though it's faster, just look at the astounding spin you do in every Wii thread and imagine the opposite.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

The CPU+GPU in the Wii are almost identical to the Gamecube, hence the backwards compatibility, lack of hi-def support, etc.

Why get all defensive over it Rocco? I remember you having a meltdown when people posted Wii specs which basically confirmed this too. The proof is in the pudding and the games all look like Gamecube games, maybe slightly better. Nintendo's strategy with the DS (substandard hardware with a unique control that makes them bucketloads of profit per unit) worked for them and they're trying to make it work again, why do you give such a shit? We already know how underpowered the machine is; that's not the point of the Wii...

But Candy has a point, we'd be getting almost the same experience with a Gamecube and a Wii-mote.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Careful mech, he'll hunt you down and lunge at you with a diseased riddled syringe for trying to talk sense to him.

RUN FOR THE HILLS (do not stop for a breather in any Planet Hollywoods)
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Froggy, what is it with the way you almost always make a jibe against me within virtually every recent thread I am active in, generally one to three posts down following me and my contribution to the topic.

How humiliating and what a sad loser you must be! :redface: Did you really believe you’re recently developed freakshow obsession with me is subtle or non-blatant, or do I have to post your recent Games Ranch forum activity history, which showcases and confirms how fucked in the head you are? :?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Unless someone else can show me otherwise, i was under the impression it was using the same register combiner based gpu feature set that was present in GC. It has support for dot3 bump maps, but it doesn't allow you run full pixel shader programs like the dx8.1 based xbox.
mech

Post by mech »

Dude, he's joking, get over it.

I don't know if you're cut out to hang out on forums Rocco.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Rocco wrote:How humiliating and what a sad loser you must be! :redface: Did you really believe you’re recently developed freakshow obsession with me is subtle or non-blatant, or do I have to post your recent Games Ranch forum activity history, which showcases and confirms how fucked in the head you are? :?
Please do! :lol: :up:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Oy Rocco cunt!!!

If your trying to pose as me on IRC, I'm gonna kick your fucking ass. Sad little fucking boy you are. Shut the fuck up about Nintendo too, you're actually making everybody hate it.

FUCK OFF YOU DUMB LITTLE FUCKING FUCK FUCK!!!!
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Yea rocco do us all a favor :suicide:
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Can't we all just get along? [/Mr. Hankey]
Pat

Post by Pat »

mech wrote:The CPU+GPU in the Wii are almost identical to the Gamecube, hence the backwards compatibility, lack of hi-def support, etc.
The proof is in the pudding and the games all look like Gamecube games, maybe slightly better. Nintendo's strategy with the DS (substandard hardware with a unique control that makes them bucketloads of profit per unit) worked for them and they're trying to make it work again... We already know how underpowered the machine is; that's not the point of the Wii...

But Candy has a point, we'd be getting almost the same experience with a Gamecube and a Wii-mote.
(Edited out the bits aimed at Rocco)

Mech - from what I know youre basically right - the CPU and GPU in Wii are the much same, plus a few improvements.

I'm going to disagree with you on a couple of points though, but then you knew this was coming anyway. :D

1. DS "underpowered" - I wouldnt say underpowered, as far as handhelds go. Sure, you have the PSP, but the power of that and the memory capacity of an optical medium comes at the expense of battery life. Further, it makes me worry about how long the drives will hold up (like minidisc players, mechanism will wear and tear). Ideally, a next gen handheld would have the power of a PSP in terms of graphics, and a flash memory/storeage solution like DS but with UMD capacity.

But that's software aside, which is a personal preference issue anyway.

2. Nintendo selling Wiimotes as GAMECUBE NINTENO add-ons.

I personally dont think this is quite fair - the Wii does have some nice extras like wifi, onboard storeage (512MB!) and the channels. That would be hard to do with a GC in practice - let alone in a method that would encourage sales!

The graphics in general are quite nice in the better games- ie Mario, Metroid, Zelda (water effects) and we all know Cube had the power to do some very nice effects in general. Games like Mario Sunshine, Rogue Leader and RE4 most notably.

Taking a queue from another thread - I think the 70% compression universal answer one - the WiiCube has the advantage of some very talented dev teams working with it. Instead of devoting large amounts of resources at making higher res textures and whatnot, a talented developer could instead focus on great art style, like Okami, Rez and Wind Waker for example. In 10 years time, my money is on those three games still looking great, probably ageing much more gracefully than technically better games such as Just Cause, Dead Rising, Halo 2 etc due entirely to their art style. Good art doesnt age.

If WiiCube devs work on quality art styles, they should be able to produce great looking titles and sidestep somewhat the tech war of the real next gen machines. That said - I still think there will be some great looking titles, that will still look good next to the 360/PS3 killer apps. Just not as detailed. After all, even XBox games still look good in many cases.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

AgOnNy wrote:Oy Rocco cunt!!!

If your trying to pose as me on IRC, I'm gonna kick your fucking ass. Sad little fucking boy you are. Shut the fuck up about Nintendo too, you're actually making everybody hate it.

Silly Rabbit!

After I noticed you having a go at me from out of the blue within one of the other threads, I instantly logged into IRC and attempted my best impression of you for a chuckle...and guess what you butt ugly fuckwit, everybody bought into it with that attention whore Talez even creating a thread, congratulating me (aka you! :wink: ) for a quality ownage against another member.

I was so damn good, that even you yourself when viewing the logs, were not able to tell if you in fact had been the one chatting in IRC, demonstrating what a predictable, monotonous and humdrum character you must really be.

:fight

Quite the neve you have to cry like a little bitch about it. When you go around attacking other members out of nowhere just for the sake of it, you better realise that things like this will indeed happen to you, and I suggest you learn to suck it up when somebody strikes back and retaliates to your instigating attacks...cunt!

:up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I saw no mention of blowing a load into someone's hair. I never for one second believed it to be agonny.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'll explain the fuckwittedness of your actions for you again rocco...

Impostering AgonNy,though it may have been effective actually was an attack on the members you fooled and not AgonNy.In a very short period,it's obvious that he didn't say whatever it was that upset/owned others,you did.And as someone else.

It makes you look like a cockbite again.Like getting offended that everyone is laughing at your sexuality then claiming those same people love the cock.Your contradictions spasticate you.

Had it been me you tried to impersonate,then you'd have to be pretty clever for a start and if you actually pulled it off,you'd only manage to upset those you attack while pretending to be me.I'm not hurt by your actions at all.

Clearly it's the same for AgonNy...all you've done is upset people other than AgonNY at your own expense.

Again.

Typical sexually confused bicurious little metrobashbait. :run: You react to things and spite people like only a woman could do.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Rocco wrote:
AgOnNy wrote:Oy Rocco cunt!!!

Silly Rabbit!

After I noticed you having a go at me from out of the blue within one of the other threads, I instantly logged into IRC and attempted my best impression of you for a chuckle...and guess what you butt ugly fuckwit, everybody bought into it with that attention whore Talez even creating a . thread, congratulating me (aka you! :wink: ) for a quality ownage against another member.

I was so damn good, that even you yourself when viewing the logs, were not able to tell if you in fact had been the one chatting in IRC, demonstrating what a predictable, monotonous and humdrum character you must really be.

:fight

Quite the neve you have to cry like a little bitch about it. When you go around attacking other members out of nowhere just for the sake of it, you better realise that things like this will indeed happen to you, and I suggest you learn to suck it up when somebody strikes back and retaliates to your instigating attacks...cunt!

:up:
I knew it was not me, as i rarely go onto IRC. And i was not intoxicated that nite so i know that i definately didnt go on, hence me asking if an old convo was showing for some reason.
Please point out where i attacked you too. Im really interested as i must of done a pretty good job for you to want to impersonate me... "imitation is the greatest form of flattery".

I also like how you say character... sorry little cuntlet (heres to you Juzz :up: ) but i dont come here pretending. Im sure you like playing dressup with all your little friends whilst spanking each other on the arse and inserting objects which are far too big into various orfaces on your body, but please keep it to your little 'cuntless' fetish group.
Anyhow, as said by me earlier, you're a sad little boy, you really need help you dumb little fucking cunt.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Poor fragile AgOnNy feeling flushed and deluded? :lol: :lol: :lol:

AgOnNy wrote:"imitation is the greatest form of flattery"