Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Games you have completed this year

Post by t0mby »

What games have you complete so far this year? Im focusing on storywise here since some games require so called '100%' outside of the story. You can even choose Madden if you finished an entire season! ;)

My most recent completion was Amped 3. I had to say initially I wasnt even thinking of getting this game having thrashed the first two to death but after reading an article in Edge a few months ago about humour in games I decided to keep an eye out for Amped 3. I have to say that its one of the funniest games I have played in a long time, quite a few times I actually laughed out loud. Colonitronic Arts and Emag Live ftw!

Other than that there hasnt been too much in the new games for me to have completed. Finished PGR3 on all Silvers in the Gotham Career mode, Advance Wars DS 3x this year, New Super Mario Bros, Tony Hawk American Wasteland (DS, and in one sitting. Boring!) ummm, Brain Training I reached a brain age of 20 after two weeks so I dont know if you can count that.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

'sif you stuck with tony hawk that long to finish it in one go. I was put off the second a decent song came on and the game suddenly drops to 5fps - how can the music affect a game so terribly. From what I remember dead kennedy's california uber alles was the best song included but sadly was also the worst culprit of this.

As for finished games I have hardly completed anything. New mario i have completed all levels but am slowly plodding thru getting all the coins, i regretfully didn't do that as i went. Sonic rush stuck on last level cuz often turn off after first game over. Half way thru princess peach. Got warcraft 3 this year and am only half way thru the night elf campaign. Viewtiful joe 2 i am at last chapter. In fact the only thing I have really completed is DK JB(can be done in an afternoon), pretty dismal. Tho after a long break in gaming I am finally getting back into my DS discovering Mario vs DK 2, tenchu and 42 classic games. I have been thrashing tenchu - its simplistic PSone style fun that would be better on a PSP but it just gripped me with its generic 'kill every guy to finish the level' so called "missions" - looking like it'll be the only game i finish before the end of the year. Mario vs DK 2 has also grabbed a hold of me and as long as i dont take a break from it, i'll stick with it without losing interest.
Last edited by BOOMY on 08 Oct 2006 05:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I dont recal any frame issues in the DS version.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Interesting, perhaps it was my raggedy ol' pirate ship that caused the problem. But it was clearly only when certain songs were playing, turning off the music or changing tracks fixed the problem and boosted fps back to normal. And it wasnt like a chugging kind of slowdown, it was like literal SLOWDOWN of fps - similar effect to taking the pill powerup in GTA, you could cheat if you wanted by playing a song that makes it slow then having lots of trick time to perfect a score.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

PGR3, COD2, Oblivion, Fifa World Cup 2006.

Real close to adding Dead Rising to the list.

*FINISHING a game: Completing the main objectives or storyline and seeing the ending/credits. Eg: 70 stars in Mario64, or all silver in PGR, main story of Oblivion.
*COMPLETING a game: Completing all objectives. Eg: 120 stars in Mario64, or all platinum in PGR.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

BOOMY wrote:Interesting, perhaps it was my raggedy ol' pirate ship that caused the problem. But it was clearly only when certain songs were playing, turning off the music or changing tracks fixed the problem and boosted fps back to normal. And it wasnt like a chugging kind of slowdown, it was like literal SLOWDOWN of fps - similar effect to taking the pill powerup in GTA, you could cheat if you wanted by playing a song that makes it slow then having lots of trick time to perfect a score.
Yeah, it's a known problem with all cards that it's slow... pierat! :D
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

PGR3,COD2,FN3,GRAW,Saints Row,Hitman: Bloodmoney,Table Tennis,PD0,DOA4.

Currently churning through TDU,Just Cause, Dead Rising, oblivion every now and then.

I've hardly touched motogp/burnout revenge and Ridge Racer6 just doing the special stages every now and then.

I've tried to be a bit more disciplined this time around but i can see this chrissy slipping a little where the number of titles start overwhelming my free time to finish em.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Hey lestat how is JC?? i have heard mixed things :( im just waiting on my copy from playasia.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

Finished: PGR3 (all silvers), Guitar Hero (every song passed on expert), New Super Mario (literally 100% complete), Prey, NFS:MW.

I'm going to complete dead rising if it kills me :)
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

I haven't finished anything this year, I get bored too quickly. After around 10% I seem to not play much more. Perhaps I should try to spend more time gaming.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

So far,nothing.

It would be my laziest gaming year to date.
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

A whole bunch of 'easy' games- Kameo, Condemned, Amped 3, Prey, Phoenix Wright, Kirby. Almost finished PGR3. Have also got full gamerscore in a few arcade games, so I count them as complete too.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

My most recent completion was Amped 3. I had to say initially I wasnt even thinking of getting this game having thrashed the first two to death but after reading an article in Edge a few months ago about humour in games I decided to keep an eye out for Amped 3. I have to say that its one of the funniest games I have played in a long time, quite a few times I actually laughed out loud. Colonitronic Arts and Emag Live ftw!
Only game I've gotten 1000 points for, soooooooo awesome. Just wish the graphics were a bit better and the video quality had been better.

I've finished Kameo, HL2: Ep 1, Amped 3, DOA4, and a few other bits and pieces, but bought way more games than I finished :(
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
Enter the Matrix (PS2)

I'm up to what I believe is the last story mission in Liberty City Stories (PSP) (damn helicopter keeps owning me), and pretty close to the end of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (PC), Knights of the Old Republic (PC), Command and Conquer Renegade (PC) and the original Max Payne (PC).

Also reasonably close to the end of The Simpsons: Hit and Run (Xbox).

Every time I get close to the end of a game, uni starts up again and I stop playing, forget where I'm up to, and start again. And again. And again. :redface: :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Oh,I did finish playing WoW this year after soloing Rag.

Post by offline »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
I'm up to what I believe is the last story mission in Liberty City Stories (PSP) (damn helicopter keeps owning me)
You too? I tried that so many times and it just wouldn't stop either glitching or getting me killed. It was that mission that made me sell my PSP.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I finished Kirby Canvas Curse, New Super Mario Bros, Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts (without cheating!), and Shadows of the Colossus about five times. I really put some hours into unlocking everything in Kirby, but haven't quite made it yet. Two stars to go in Mario because I'm lazy.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

If beating Ragnaros counts, then I will add Wow.

Forgot about handhelds - Add on Castlevania and Phoenix Wright for me.

When Phoenix had to cross-examine the parrot. I almost pissed myself laughing. The straights on the train must have thought I was insane.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

offline wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
I'm up to what I believe is the last story mission in Liberty City Stories (PSP) (damn helicopter keeps owning me)
You too? I tried that so many times and it just wouldn't stop either glitching or getting me killed. It was that mission that made me sell my PSP.
Yeah, that mission has glitched for me too, stupid Salvatore took the boat up onto the jetty and it wouldn't move off of it, and no matter how many times I blasted him in the head he wouldn't die: reset :(

But yeah, the helicopter :evil: I can get up to it with full health and armour but then get owned in less than half a second once the little cutscene ends :evil:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Amped 3 was great, I'm glad I played it through to the end even if the last few mountains were pretty dull. The story is great though, it's one of the funniest games I've played and it's a shame more people aren't giving it a chance.

I've finished Amped 3, Saints Row and PGR3 and that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm pretty bad at going back and completing games. The rest of my 360 games would be around 80% done, it's just hard to go back to some of them.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm kind of interested in playing Amped 3.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Ram
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INTERNET 1.1

Post by Ram »

PGR3(all platnum),Oblivion,COD2.
I spent the first half of the year playing BF2 online till i got the 360.
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

I've finished PGR3, PDZ, Farcry & FN3 so far on the 360. Plus I finished NS:MW on the Xbox1

Still a few 360 games to finish off, Almost there with SAints Row & I starting to put more time into TD:U
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Finised - PGR3 (all gold), Oblivion, PDZ, COD2, Saints Row, Prey

In progress - The Godfather
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Post by offline »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:that mission has glitched for me too, stupid Salvatore took the boat up onto the jetty and it wouldn't move off of it, and no matter how many times I blasted him in the head he wouldn't die: reset :(
That sounds exactly the same as what I had but I also had a problem where I got to the top of the lighthouse and glitched into the water a few times. Overall I would say it glitched (enough to have to restart) around six times and the rest were from the chopper killing me either during (???) or slightly after the cut scene. Let's hope that VCS is better.