Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Re: Best Skyrim Mods Thread

Post by Burnzoire »

GameHED wrote:Why care about how pissed off another guy is about skyrim?
Because it is trashing every thread about skyrim. Everyone else here who wants to just talk about the game they are enjoying can't do so because 3/4 of the posts in the threads are of you whining about every little problem you find on the web about the game. You created a thread about bugs and can't even stick to that one. Does it bother you that everyone else here is really enjoying themselves with this game? Would you prefer we were all miserable about it?
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Best Skyrim Mods Thread

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

GH is a total tool ATM.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, the last few months he's gotten worser and worserer. He's probably frustrated his Jasper account has been banned.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Best Skyrim Mods Thread

He is a lame-o. Skyrim is the coolest and Zelda sucks, deal with it.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Curved!
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Swords!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

t0mby wrote:He's probably frustrated his Jasper account has been banned.
Rocco can no longer post here until he's back on my 3DS "friend list". No more pimping Nitnedno until I'm quite sure he actually owns a 3DS.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote:
Rocco can no longer post here until he's back on my 3DS "friend list". No more pimping Nitnedno until I'm quite sure he actually owns a 3DS.
And we will expect irrefutable evidence as well. Like a photo, or some of Nicoles underwear.
Yoshi Sonic

Best Skyrim Mods Thread

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

Hey what platform are you playing Skyrim on, Gamey?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

t0mby wrote:
Cletus wrote:
And we will expect irrefutable evidence as well. Like a photo, or some of Nicoles underwear.
I'll wear her underwear for the photo.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

gross.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Dude, I'll do the tuck. I'm not a barbarian.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Sounds alright as long as you promise to tie your hair back so we can see those womanly cheeks and jaw line of yours.

Here's a list of the mods I've added to my game. Basically last night I went though the skyrimnexus site and selected to view the highest recommended mods then just went through and picked up what I wanted. I only grabbed about 8 or so, rest I've added since I discovered them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Here is a mod that makes skyrim (which only got a 9 from edge magazine) a bit closer to being a 10 (like zelda which got a 10 from edge magazine so it will be worth 11 when it is ported to WiiU later)

3. QD Inventory

Frustrated with Skyrim’s inventory interface? Annoyed at excessive scrolling? Wish you could see the stats of your items without selecting them? QD Inventory is the answer to your problems. The mod replaces the default interface with a very different one, categories are arranged at the top of the screen while the armour, damage, weight and value of your items is displayed along the side. Creator Roltak describes this as a ‘quick and dirty’ solution to the interface problems, better interfaces will likely come in future, but for now this is streets ahead of the original Bethesda UI.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/25/skyri ... st-so-far/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an example of why this is needed:
bigtruck says:
07:02pm November 25 2011
All I want is a mod that groups my potions/apparel according to some recognizable logic. I want to cry every time I open up the list and have scroll alphabetically between "Philter of invigorated healing" and "Extreme healing potion," or "Ring of enhanced stamina" and "Bathsheba's stamina amulet." *
* Names in example are made up because I can't actually remember any of the real ones, which is the problem.
Rate Up (17)Rate Down (0)
Spam (0)Reply
Steed says:
08:36pm November 25 2011
If only you, or someone with common sense had been a dev! I know it's hard getting things done, especially after reading that article about game devvery the other day, but how hard could it be to make a decent menu?
Don't be tools like bruce and trash this thread with crap. Post the best mods. Not complaints about complainers (me) who have genuine issues with this game and think it needs fixing. (mages who reach level 35-40 getting weaker the more they level up as monsters get stronger but they don't lol)

You guys have become the new scullibundo and skyrim is your avatar. The game is not perfect and is not the deepest RPG ever made you idiots. Get out of the fucking cave and play other rpg games in your spare time to broaden your experiences so you know why you could have better things.

Here is a youtube video to make you all angrier(video explaining how the game sucks with a rap song:
Going to skip the part where I say "yeah" a bunch of times
Get straight the the Lyrics Forge, craft some fucking rhymes
And if it's anything like smithing in Elder Scrolls Five
Then I'll exploit this motherfucker up to level ninety-nine.

You make an iron dagger, you enchant that shit too
No more iron ingots? Run that bitch through!
I don't fuck around in caves like some retard fucking Dwemer
Get away from my grindstone! I'll break your fucking femur!

I've been waiting for Skyrim since I turned thirty-nine
Extended adolescence suits me just fine
Don't worry about child support when you're a dragon lord
I just trapped your soul in my motherfucking sword.

Graphics in this shit looks like art by Helen Keller
I want a wife so real you can motherfucking smell her
But these people all look like Perfect Dark 64
Motherfucker teleports when he opens up the door.

Start the game as a prisoner, for Azura's fucking sake
Redguard can never catch a motherfucking break
Sean Connery's brother saves your neck from division
Repaying him with murder's now your number one mission.

I'm a destruction mage and I'm wearing full dragons
No penalty for that shit, come at me bandit faggots!
Not that you even get to choose a fucking class
How's this even armour? It's made of fucking glass!

To pick a fucking lock, you turn it left and right
To pick a fucking wife, you keep your dick in sight
To kill a fucking dragon, you just shout at the clouds
And to get mad rep, you wolf out in crowds.

Two days out of jail, I'm the master of every guild
No one seems to mind all the villagers I've killed
They dumbed this series down, should've called it "Retard Heaven"
There's only 18 skills, Morrowind had 27.

I can't tell you've been playing by the radius of your stink
Beard on your throat and the cheese on your dink
Quit your fucking job just to work in a game
So sit on your throne, as the Prince of the Lame.

Mess with the best, get beat down and undressed
I know you did this too, your jerk rags confessed
What a great feature: Bunch of shouts that do nothing
I'll clear the skies, motherfucker! You know I'm not bluffing!

Ghosts in this shit just want to be bros
Even underground it still fucking snows
Three dragons at once? That shit's fucking fair
I just made a potion out of salt and pubic hair.

How original! Skeletons and wizards and ants
I see that shit every time I take off my pants
Wow, and since Oblivion the voice cast got bigger!
Three more people and one of them's Tigger.

Wrong! Discovered Solitude when I was 15
Master of One-Handed with my daily routine
[Formula for defining a comoving distance]
Cool fucking dragon language! Mine's sweet too.

Game's so fucking short, you're done as soon as you begin it
Skyrim is shit but at least there's sewers in it.
someone stole your sweet roll. Tomby's mother's shares go down in value. People annoyed I am not banned. So what do they do? wreck threads with crap. One line comments with nothing to contribute. People get pissed when I mention horses in RDR are better than the horses in skyrim (even though it is true). Others thinking its ok to respond to posts I make when they should be using ignore instead of complaining about how negative the tone of the comments are. All sorts of damage control posters expecting us to think this is a GOTY 2011 game when zelda already beat it. People not realising the combat for melee in this isnt even more deep than daggerfall since in that you could choose what direction you could swing your weapon in..etc
So much retardedness at this place honestly.. :lol:

You all sound like sheogorath expecting fans to automatically love anything bethesda makes with no complaints trying to ban anyone who says anything negative. You are not getting free sweet rolls just because the hype for the game was big. In time people realise the loss of features hurts the franchise overall. As it get dumbed down it means less complexity.
Last edited by GameHED on 02 Dec 2011 07:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Hopefully this is no longer a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway

TAPATALK

IS

PANTS

Spoiler!
If you give Lydia a load of weapons, she uses them (including their superpowers), and she also seems to alternate weapons of her own volition. I noticed ghost wolves and so on jumping into battles, but for a couple of days I didn't see where they were coming from.

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Shit, check out this massive improvement to ground textures.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jesus
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Dling now!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Some people have too much time on their hands yo.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:Some people have too much time on their hands yo.
I know. He could've been making Arnold movies! :run:
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Exactly.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Awesome mod! I love PC gaming :)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

OK so my internet has been un-fucked in terms of download cap, and I've increased it from 60gig to 200gig. Skyrim mods en masse here I come.

tomby, what do I want first and foremost?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The new one looks sharper in detail but the ugly one looks more varied. Like they have been sitting on the ground for a while and not so healthy/fake/artificial
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:OK so my internet has been un-fucked in terms of download cap, and I've increased it from 60gig to 200gig. Skyrim mods en masse here I come.

tomby, what do I want first and foremost?
Man, it's hard to say where to start with so many options available.

First register to the site in one of the links below. That is a priority. I explained later why.

If you've had any problems with crashing to desktop at all then you should start here. This little program utilizes your installed Ram, otherwise the game only uses about 1gb. Extract anywhere but in your Skyrim folder. Steam must be running, just open the folder where you unzipped the files and double click the Skyrim 4gb.exe to start the game. Prior to installing I was getting about a doz crashes when in Whiterun. Since installing I've had one CTD in the last 40hrs. You will still need to Start Skyrim from Steam if you want to adjust any graphic options or enable any of the mods in the 'Data' option.

Next I suppose you could use this to keep track of all mods installed and if there are updates available. It was released well after I started modding so didn't bother but since you're starting fresh it will be easier for you in the long run especially since you need to put in the URL of the files from skyrimnexus.com or any other site.

Then just pick anything you want from this Top 100 list. I've installed 2gb of files from that list, some are around 200mb, others are quite small. You will need to register in order to download anything over 4mb.

Doing a quick scan through, heres quite a few I've installed.

FXAA Post Process Injector (Double Click, choose your option and it will paste all required files into the game automatically. Do thios after you've set all your Advanced Graphic options to your desire. You can redo/undo this at any time by clicking the .exe again)
Realistic Water Textures 1.5
Enhanced Night Skyrim
Skyrim HD 2.0
Glowing Ore Veins
Physics (Can't remember the exact name but this makes a massive improvement)
Detailed Faces
Also get the trees, the bark, the HD weapons, food, tables, HD clothes etc etc.....

Shit, just go through the list and pick what you want. Honestly, your game will look like something you could never imagine compared to Vanilla install. I have not installed any cheating ones like infinite running or the like. Only thing I've changed really in the gameplay side is horse is 1.5 times faster when sprinting (Still suffers from lack of stamina though) and more gold found in chests and urns. This was only cos I was sick of finding a chest with an expert or master lock and after all the trouble I found like 6 gold. Fuck that. No one sticks 6 gold in a chest ffs. Now I find like 100. :D

All files are easy to install. I unzipped mine into a Mod folder and then copied what I needed. Usually All files are in a Data Folder (Paste Data Folder in Skyrim Folder) or the files are in a Textures Folder (Paste Textures Folder in Data Folder). Some files you download will give you the option of 1 of 6 or 1 of 25 (25 moons to choose from) but you can only install one of those. Usually files are accompanied with a jpg showing the variations.

Your Skyrim Folder is in Steam > Common Apps > Name of Game.

Might want to back up your Data folder first, I didn't but I've also been lucky and had no problems.

Any other files just scan through this thread. Quite afew have been posted, couple are old now like the Water 1.2 etc. Get the Enhanced Blood, the Snow one is fucking wicked too.

Keep in mind too Candy that these mods over ride the Advanced Graphics setting afaik. I'm running mine only in High with medium shadows. All reflections in water, adjusted fading blah blah blah and I get a stable 60fps. Shadows can hinder the performance unless you got quite a new gaming rig.

Snow_Browny.jpg
GameHED wrote:The new one looks sharper in detail but the ugly one looks more varied. Like they have been sitting on the ground for a while and not so healthy/fake/artificial
I've said this many times including when new screens of games are shown for the first time. You're noticing that because you are studying it. When playing that game I didn't even think they were installed till I zoomed in and looked at the ground. In third person they look varied. That pic is only a heavy part, there are less leaves the further from the trees you get.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by t0mby on 07 Dec 2011 05:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.