Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Re: Project C.A.R.S

Post by Kangawallaby »

Gmg key just delivered. Have friday off to give this a proper crack. Can't wait.
2nd place is the first loser....

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

preloading now. :)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:You sound slightly mad.
Don't give Lepo a hard time, his vocabulary rarely exceeds using words "In" or "Out" so hearing that a multiplatform sim is competing for his precious 19 month old exclusive racer must be hard to swallow. ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

If Eurogamer still gave scores they'd probably give it a 9! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

t0mby wrote:
flipswitch wrote:You sound slightly mad.
Don't give Lepo a hard time, his vocabulary rarely exceeds using words "In" or "Out" so hearing that a multiplatform sim is competing for his precious 19 month old exclusive racer must be hard to swallow. ;)
I was referring to slightly mad as in slightly mad studios dev of project cars. ;)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I know, but I'm an opportunity grabber!!

:t0mby:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Well I couldn't help myself, just pre-ordered it on Wii U. Can't wait til tomorrow morning to pick it up. :up:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Damn you 4xMSAA!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:Image

Damn you 4xMSAA!
The game is gonna become the new Crysis of GPU and CPU bechmarks for sure.

I7-5960X + GTX 980 only getting 48 fps at 1080p with 20 opponents in the rain, and the maximum AA settings aren't even used in those tests. Le Mans in the rain with 55 AI at max settings is gonna cause meltdowns lol.
Lestat on suicide watch! :suicide:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Forza 6 will save us all.

Sucks this thing unlocks in 2 hours, I can't get a quick go in before work.

Breakdown on console version pro/cons

PS4:
+1080P
+More stable frame rate
-less AF
-Ghosting
- no motion blur
+ Higher res shadows

Xbox One
-900P
-Less stable frame rate (especially when there are lots of alpha effects like in the rain)
+Better AF
+No Ghosting
+ proper motion blur
-lower res shadows
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So based on your last 10yrs of posts PS4 > Xbone? Afterall, 1080p and better frame rate. :up:

Think I'll double dip, TOCA and TOCA 2 on the PSone were fucken amazing and an awesome representartion of the sport, something no other licensed racer has quite come close to since.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

If you like racing against ghost cars constantly. :lol:

unbiased performance impressions tonight. :up:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I managed to play 30mins of it. Game is around 20GB with day1 patch.

Quick first impressions.
This is from the play-go file ( play as you download) so there are very limited options and just one race.

Menus are nice and have a premium feel to them complete with 'epic' music.
Load times are average.
Lots of things to customise ( many options have a padlock on them since I'm still downloading the game)

Game:

First impressions.

The visuals are better than I expected to be honest, it's fairly clean. I was impressed.
First thing that struck me was the image quality was very good. Very little aliasing or shimmer. Some minor ghosting but it didn't bother me and I had to look for it to find it. The race I tried was running at around 60fps with minor screen tearing.
Controls felt responsive.

AF is possibly at 4x. I would say it has a little more than drive club but not 100% certain ( still need to play more and see different tracks to be certain)
Car engine sounds are VERY loud. I had to go into options and put it down to 30% to make it sound normal.

When you first start the game you have 3 choices of difficulty.
I chose the middle one ' amateur ' there's also Pro and the easiest options.

Playing using the DS4.
Car handling with no driving assist ( but abs, traction control etc was on) racing line was on.

The driving makes use of the analog buttons ( L2/R2) so it mimics a real car in a way and it feels like it's going to be a big part of racing in this game which will add a lot of depth to it.

I ended up taking off all assists in the options to try out.

I can see myself spending a lot of time with this game, just choosing one car and a track just to learn the new mechanics and build up my skill before even attemptimg the main career mode.

I'll post more impressions as I play more.

Edit: more time spent with it.

AF is indeed poor, few graphical glitches ( shadows flicker in the distance) LOD switch on car during replays is noticable
Visually now that I've played several tracks are not its strong point.
Driving with all assists off including driving line = me ending up in the sand at every corner. Car locks up wheels won't turn in the direction I want. Maybe this game was meant to be played with a wheel. Sometimes it feels like I'm driving a boat :).
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just grabbed mine. Preorder version comes with 8 free cars plus some tracks. In total I spent $110nzd for the console and PC version. :up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

how about for the coffee?

Will you be using a wheel on any version?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'll use the wheel on the PS4 version if SMS have added Logitech support (It's entirely up to the devs regardless of whether the PS4 supports it or not).
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Downloading patch now, thankfully it's only 800mb. Had a quick race, Pro mode (Pfftt, who picks those other ones? :lol: ), with manual and clutch. Done a race at Dubai(?) in the Solo but couldn't choose anything else like tracks or cars etc, they all had locks on them. Not sure if it was because the game is still installing from disc or because I'm not connected to the interwebs due to incoming patch. Either way, what I played was impressive. Soooo many options from controls to weather to time of day, date, real time, I hardly touched any of them really, just had a quick scope.

Man, been dying for a good console sim for years. Don't get me wrong, Forza and GT are great in their own way but this really scratches that Touring Car itch, big time. :up:

*Edit*

Only took an hour for the patch, servers must be getting hammered. Now it's time to test it out further. BOOYAKASHA! :t0mby:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

The rest will become availabe once you complete the download. The Dubai track and Le mans car handle ok, but I tried some different class cars, like the hatchback, lancer, some others and struggled to keep them on the track with all assists and aids off.

I think I'm just going to stick with ABS/traction control and that other one on with the controller. Have you tried playing with the DS4 to see how it compares to the wheel?

Oh crap, just realised the controls are customisable (DS4), Im going try some different input methods.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:Oh crap, just realised the controls are customisable (DS4), Im going try some different input methods.
Good luck with that! ;)

*edit*

Just blew the motor in my go kart on the 4th lap leading a race. GOTY.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Haven't touched career mode. Still learning to drive :). I'm starting to make progress, feeling more comfortable and completing laps. I won't go far without the driving line though, it's the only thing turned on.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Mine is unpacking now. There's a video on YouTube showing some controller settings that work well, I think it's mode 3? I'll try to find it later
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Input 3 is the default profile on console, well ps4.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:Haven't touched career mode. Still learning to drive :). I'm starting to make progress, feeling more comfortable and completing laps. I won't go far without the driving line though, it's the only thing turned on.
I jumped straight in and as much as I wasn't looking forward to the Karts, they're actually a lot of fun. Enjoying them more than that shitty kart racing in GT5.

No driveline here. Good to see Watkins Glen is one of the tracks too. SPeaking of tracks, one of the trophies is "Race at 50 Locations not including Reverse or other Variants". Could that mean 50 different tracks on the disc? :rock:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What happened to your backlog? :D
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It's all in a 30kg storage box (Yes, 30kgs of 1x G27 wheel and the rest games) sitting in a warehouse in Brisbane waiting for me to pick up. :lol: