Clover Studios Goneburger - MOTHERFUCKING PAL STILL ON!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat

Clover Studios Goneburger - MOTHERFUCKING PAL STILL ON!

Post by Pat »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/news/html/061012a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okami chances of PAL port take a beating :(

Noone likes good games apparently. Fucktards.
Last edited by Pat on 15 Oct 2006 04:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Well, that's what they get for making good games! :down:
Hopefully they finish up sending around their games to other regions, I want an english God Hand!
Pat

Post by Pat »

I want PAL Okami. I dont want to have to import.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Re: Clover Studios Goneburger.

Post by Talez »

Pat wrote:Nobody in PAL territories likes good games apparently. Fucktards.
Fixed.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

It's probably related to next gen development, capcom are now heavily pushing a single engine approach to development now, Dead Rising/Lost Planet/DMC4 all use the same engine. Unlike last gen capcom titles which reinvented the wheel for just about every game.

So probably a lot of resources in that studio aren't needed anymore because of the new engine being forced company wide. The rest that are still useful will be moved into the rest of capcoms main studios I'm guessing.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Lestat, I don't think the two facts are related really.

Okami sold like SHIT, as with every other Clover game, despite being one of the prettiest, most polished, and fun games I have ever played, this is the only reason the studio is closing.

Capcom took a gamble and let one of their studios make awesome games, the Japanese gaming market told them to fuckoff cos it wasn't a shitty non game on the DS, and the western market told them to fuckoff cos it wasn't a sports game or fps or known IP.

Makes me really angry that someone can make Okami and get disolved while EA increase their sales of Madden every single year.

I look forward to Zelda coming out and being worse than Okami but selling 500000000000 copies.
Pat

Post by Pat »

3 questions.

I have a slimline PS2. Original version. I also have swap magic 3 and that magic switch/978597 plastic bits that you need to fool it into thinking the lid is closed.

1. Is Okami on a dual layer DVD?
2. Has anyone played it using swap magic?
3. Where do I import it from? (Thinking dvdbo)
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

I can only answer #3.

If you use DVD BO be aware that if your order isn't shipped in the first ~2 weeks after ordering, it will probably take 2 years to ship.

I recieved a copy of Chrono Cross (PS1 game) from them half way through the PS2's life.

Also, I want to take a moment of silence here for other studios who have suffered the same fate in recent years:

SMILEBIT - These guys ruled, JSRF/PDO are ASTOUNDING games with some of the worst sales ever.. After Sega disolved them the way Capcom is disolving Clover, the studio merged with some other people from Sega and has since only worked on shitty games that sell like "Lets make a pro baseball team!!!!".

Gamers hate good games, it's the only logical conclusion.
Pat

Post by Pat »

So in all honesty, what do people think the chances are of a PAL release now?
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

It's doubtfull Clover was going to do the conversion themselves so probably the same as the chances were yesterday?

It and God Hand still have a "spring 2007" release according to people on GAF.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Fuck. I think Ill wait and see. :(
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

nnnnnnooooo!!!!1 I so want God Hand!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Pat pimps Okami, the developer goes under.

The curse grows.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

It's not a curse that causes people like you to buy EA sports games and not Okami.

The blame lies not with Pat.
Last edited by Sonic Jam on 12 Oct 2006 08:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat

Post by Pat »

<focuses all his energy on pimping EA>
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

was only a matter of time pat, they are dishing out some crap these days... and you're a blowfly :D
Pat

Post by Pat »

I dont need to remind you of how much longer you played R6 Letdown than everyone, do I?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sonic Jam wrote:It's not a curse that causes people like you to buy EA sports games and not Okami.

But I'm actually planning on buying Okami. Next. :fight
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Pat wrote:I dont need to remind you of how much longer you played R6 Letdown than everyone, do I?
I was prepared to give it a good run because RS3 was maybe the best XBL title to come out, and I played it more than any other game.
yeah it sucked, but at least I admit that fact aftwards.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Jizz: Yep, and I have no need to backpedal since I only pick good games.

Candy: the curse has been disproven already. Especially since you managed to pick madden 07, gimped fucking shit edition over PES6. :fight
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Candy Arse wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:It's not a curse that causes people like you to buy EA sports games and not Okami.

Only out of Guilt, you made your choice to buy Madden this year and now Clover is dead.

But you should still buy Okami now, it might help you sleep at night.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Such is the way with unique titles, they could be a monumental hit or a massive flop, there is no inbetween for those sorts of games in the current industry.

It's only going to get worse for next gen too, where games are costing 10-20 mil to develop so a flop can do a lot of damage and will be much harder to absorb by publishers. This is why a lot of japanese developers are gonna have problems with next gen.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sonic Jam wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:

Only out of Guilt, you made your choice to buy Madden this year and now Clover is dead.

But you should still buy Okami now, it might help you sleep at night.
I told Pat weeks ago that had he not picked Okami for his pimp challenge, I would have. Next. :fight
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Candy Arse wrote:Pat pimps Okami, the developer goes under.

The curse grows.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

POTM (only month, not year)
lestat wrote:It's only going to get worse for next gen too, where games are costing 10-20 mil to develop so a flop can do a lot of damage and will be much harder to absorb by publishers. This is why a lot of japanese developers are gonna have problems with next gen.
If only there were some major platform holder attempting to take a low-cost approach to developing games...perhaps with some other plan for the overall development of games, away from the resource-heavy "better graphics means everything" path they're headed down now...wow, if only there were some console about to come out with appeal in the japanese market that could fulfil all these incredible dilemmas...
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

But graphics are one of the main reasons Clover games ruled, so unique.

I can't even begin to imagine how amazing a next gen Okami could be...

Also, there's zero proof that a retarded control scheme is a good alternative to the evolution of computer graphics in terms of advancing gaming, and worse yet there are no examples of Wii games so far that are really new experiences beyond replacing a button press with a hand gesture. Infact having a console as underpowered as the Wii seems like a complete mismatch for an advanced control scheme - how do you interact properly with a virtual world if the machine can't power stuff like physics etc?