Top Spin 2k25

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Top Spin 2k25

Post by Froggy »

It feels like it's been a long time since we had a Tennis game? I know we had the abysmal AO which turned into some other Tennis game but was a completely unfinished shitshow killing it on release as is Big Ants way these days (Hi AFL 23). It feels like it has gone under the radar a bit but I am genuinely a little excited about what we might have here based on the hours I spent on the old Top Spin games.

Here is your no doubt pay to play preview on Ign:
https://www.ign.com/articles/top-spin-2 ... im-returns

Looking at the previews, it looks decidedly last gen in the cut scenes but the game play looks great. What has changed dramatically since the last go around of tennis games is internet speeds and online and this is where I am excited to see what they offer here. Like NBA 2k etc, I'm thinking your MyPlayer will go into online tournaments and careers, maybe even down the line have the equivalent tennis "district" to run around being yelled at by angry AI tennis dads etc. I'll be disappointed if it starts out like NBA 2K and it's just forcing you to buy virtual coins to improve your player by making it impossible to get anywhere with your player in the next 12 months without them.

The only thing that is killing me on release here is the price, it seems astronomical for what doesn't look like that deep a game. Big W has it at 99, jb at 99 so I'm gonna assume it'll be 99 on the online stores too. Considering one of the pre-order bonuses is you get to play at night time at the grand slams.. not sure there's much extra content to justify that price. *

* possibly being able to play mixed doubles with Steffi Graf
Vzzzbx, you lose again!