Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NINTENDO SWITCH "ARMS GLOBAL TESTPUNCH" STARTS TODAY!!!

Post by Candy Arse »

Anyone listen to the Giant Bombcast? The impressions of this waggle fighting game were not particularly good.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I'm surprised, Jasper was pimping this like it was the second coming. How could he be so wrong....

....again? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Amazing previews, right?

Sounds like the waggle controls are shit - they seem to work similar to the waggle mode in USF2 aka "The worst of waggle"

Not encouraging. Think I'll stick to real fighting games.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Babes, why are you trashing Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers? The reviews make it clear that besides the waggle mini-game, the rest of it is actually a great game, just massively overpriced. :|

Are you forgetting that you personally HYPED UP FOR OVER A YEAR the release of Street Fighter V in your very own 20 page thread.... :redface:

http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... ER#p398028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You know, the same Street Fighter V (a massively anticipated brand spanking new & many years in the making SF game) that has a meta-critic score in the same ballpark of Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers (a Nintendo Switch "launch window" port of a DECADES old 2D game).... :lol:

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

:lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

OMFG.....it's dropped down a point!?!?!?!? :roll:

Flipswitch, you must REALLY envy t0mby and the fact that he's "Lard Arse Puppet Bitch No.1", whilst you're "Lard Arse Puppet Bitch No.2". :redface:

Whilst t0mby gets to suck on Candy's dong, you're delegated to having to stick your head between his legs and suck on his balls. :lol:

Nonetheless, nothing changes the fact that a port of a DECADES old 2D game has a meta-critic score in the same ballpark as Street Fighter V (which was a brand new made from scratch SF game that millions of hardcore SF fans like Candy Arse were jacking off over in anticipation for YEARS before it's humiliating flop release). :cry:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

As for ARMS - sorry haters, but y'all lose again! :down:

The gaming press have spoken and they FUCKING LOVE IT!!! :up:
Arms is that rare thing - a motion control game that works

It's been more than a decade since motion control took the world by storm on Wii and it often feels like a distant memory we're more than happy to forget.

Building a fighting game, a genre that's all about precision inputs, might seem overly optimistic, but that's exactly what Nintendo has set out to do with Arms. And you know what? After spending a few hours playing an updated build of the game this week, I can say that it works.

The idea is simple - you hold the two Joy-Con like a pair of joysticks in an upright position. By tilting your hands together, you can move your character around the battlefield. You attack by physically punching outward where each punch responds to a twist of the wrist letting you curve each hit as you please. The R and L buttons allow you to jump and dash, respectively, while the triggers launch into your flurry attack. Turn the Joy-Con sideways and you can block. It seems simple enough on the surface, but there is a lot of hidden depth here - the responsive motion controls enable a level of precision that's a pleasant surprise.

In many ways, the twin-stick design recalls Sega's seminal Virtual On series with its focus on arena-based one-on-one battles. By placing a premium on positioning and timing, the strategy changes dramatically from that of a typical fighting game. Like Virtual On, Arms presents players with left, right and centre attack options which can be customised between each round. Dodging and countering your opponent's attacks feels great and learning to take advantage of each character's unique features brings an extra layer of strategy to the mix. Arms simplifies the formula somewhat by always maintaining a lock on your opponent, but the basic idea of dodging and countering feels satisfying.

The similarities to Virtual On only deepen when you look at Arms' stage design. The first demo upon the reveal in January was limited to a small number of simplistic arenas, but this updated version offers a wide variety of stages filled with elevation changes, barriers and other tricks. In one new stage, Cinema Deux, players are dropped just outside a theatre house and asked to fight on and around a collection of luxury cars littering the street. The cars provide cover from attacks while simultaneously forcing players to utilise movement and jumping abilities. In another, Ribbon Ring, platforms raise and lower throughout the map forcing players to mix up their strategy on the fly. Unlike a typical fighting game, these arenas play a significant role in the experience.

In that sense, Arms occupies a space shared by the likes of Super Smash Brothers and Capcom's dearly missed Power Stone series - both fighting games with a focus on movement and stage design. Like them, Arms features a power-up system with large metal orbs often dropping onto the stage mid-battle. Slam one of these orbs and you'll trigger anything from an explosive bomb to a water bottle full of healing energy.

There's also a huge selection of Arms available for each character. While I only had access to the three defaults for each one, it was interesting to see how, say, Min Min's Dragon lasers interacted with Byte & Barq's closer range Bubb fists. Add all these these elements together and you wind up with a slick motion controlled game which does not reward waggle - flailing your arms around will lead to failure.

As impressive as the motion controls are it's also possible to play Arms using a standard controller. In this configuration, you move your player using the left analog stick while attacking with the ZR and ZL or A and B buttons. The X and Y buttons allow you to jump and dash while your flurry attack is unleashed using L and R. Blocking is assigned to a click of the left stick. It works well enough but feels less engaging than the dual stick motion control setup. There is a sense of granularity available when punching using the motion controls that is difficult to replicate using the analog stick. Curving punches feels less natural and the game just isn't as engaging in this mode. Still, it's great to have the option and it's likely that different players will find their own preference.

All of this is combined with a slick audio visual package. Bright, colourful characters dance around the screen at a rock solid 60 frames per second while catchy tunes, sometimes with backing vocals, blast through the speakers. The presentation grabs you the second you pick up the controller and draws you into its world. It's a beautiful game.

There's more to Arms than the standard one-on-one battles as well. While this is key to any fighting game, Arms offers a variety of additional modes and options. We didn't get a chance to play the full single player experience just yet but we did take a crack at the 'one versus one hundred' mode. It's basically a survival mode that pits you against increasingly difficult AI opponents. The twist here is that several of these enemies can appear in the arena at once forcing you to deal with multiple fists flying your way at any point.

There's also a set of mini-games here playable with multiple people including Hoops and V-Ball. Hoops asks players to focus on grab attacks allowing you to dunk or shoot them into a nearby basketball hoop for points. V-Ball, then, is basically Volleyball where the ball is replaced with a bomb. Lovely. Lastly there's Skillshot which places each player on either side of a court with pop-up targets appearing in the middle. The player that shatters the most targets wins. All simple stuff but still a lot of fun.

Perhaps the mode that will garner the most attention, though, are the four player battles. You can opt to play in four player split-screen on a single Switch console or link up multiple Switches together so everyone can enjoy their own screen. The mode I played tethered each player to a team-mate forcing us to work together to take down the enemy. The rope mechanic prevents you from straying too far from your partner - at least until they're defeated then you're given free range of movement. It's incredibly chaotic but a lot of fun.

That a game released in 2017 with a focus on motion controls could feel this responsive is a feat in itself, but it's the generosity of features, the abundance of characters and the sheer amount of style that push this over the top. It's a deeper game than you might have expected, and with Splatoon already demonstrating Nintendo's ability to put a twist on a popular genre, Arms looks set to pull the same trick for fighting games.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... that-works" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Motion Controls That Work

Arms builds a fighting game around a simple-to-execute motion control scheme, but I quickly learned it wasn’t a reason for concern. Before you run off screaming about the unreliability of gyro-sensor-based controls let me explain how Arms leverages these controls in smart ways. General movement, punches, throws, and blocking are tied to the simple gestures that don’t require a lot of effort to pull off, but equally important features like jumping and dodging are mapped to the L and R buttons. This balanced setup helps Arms find an accessible middle ground where you can leap, dodge and weave past a foe's punches until you find the right opportunity to strike.

Once I wrapped my brains around how the controls work, I never felt like they hindered my ability to throw a punch. This is not Wii Sports Boxing. In fact, carelessly throwing lots of punches more often than not leads to failing in Arms. It’s important to note though that I didn’t get to play using the buttons-based control scheme supported by Switch’s handheld mode. That means I can’t tell you how they compare, but I can tell you that what I played felt good. It doesn’t require a lot of motion to play and the controls were better than I expected.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/a ... -and-modes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nintendo's 'Arms' has all the depth the 'Wii Sports' games lacked

For many, the Switch represents the Nintendo's return to form. It's the console that sheds both the name and the gimmicky motion controls that defined the Wii era of gaming. With traditional games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe leading the way, motion controls seem to be all but a thing of the past. Or they did, until Nintendo announced Arms -- a gesture-based boxing game for the Switch that seems to lean heavily on Wii Sports' legacy. It seems like a bizarre step backward, but don't worry: It turns out that Arms isn't repeating the mistakes of the Wii; it's showing how Nintendo has learned from them.

In fact, distancing Arms from Wii Sports Boxing seemed to be the entire point of the game's spring preview event. The company is proud of the game's motion controls but stresses that it's different from the simple waggle mechanic that defined the Wii's minigame showcase. In Arms, the boxers' telescopic limbs can be guided throughout the entire motion of a punch, allowing players to steer an attack as they extend toward the enemy. This means that to be effective, players need to follow through with their attacks, like in real life. It also allows the punches you throw to change direction halfway through their animation -- creating a more nuanced experience than Wii Sports boxing ever could have offered.

Even so, Nintendo is finding the association with the Wii's motion controls hard to shake. "I see this a lot," Nintendo Product Marketing Manager JC Rodrigo told Engadget, mimicking the short wrist-flick motions that defined Wii Sports Boxing. "When it comes to flailing and kind of doing this, your arms take time to leave your body and travel across. If your opponent's moving, and you just flick and don't do anything, your hand will just go wherever." It's most players' first guess at how to play the game, but Rodrigo says it's a tactic that doesn't work. "You will lose. Fast."

There's a lot more to the game than punching too. Players will need to learn specific gestures to block attacks and execute grabs and will have to master the art of controlling their character's movement by leaning the Joy-Con controllers in just the right direction. It sounds complicated, but after weeks of testing each control scheme, Rodrigo said he's found it to be the most versatile way to play. Even so, it's not the only way to play. "There are button controls," he said. "So there are controls for all different types."

The core of the game is based around one-on-one arm-extending combat, but today Nintendo announced a few additional game modes. All of them play off of the game's boxing mechanics in a slightly different way. Skillshot challenges players to knock down more targets than their opponent in a carnival-style shooting gallery, and the game's Hoops mode only lets players score points by executing a successful grab move on their opponent to slam dunk them into a basketball hoop. There's also a new four-player battle mode called Team Fight that pits two teams against each other while simultaneously handicapping both by tying each player to her teammate. Basically, if your partner gets thrown by an opponent, you do too -- forcing players to work together to succeed.

As our time with Arms wound down, I left feeling a little nostalgic -- not for the Wii Sports Boxing experience Nintendo is worried Arms will be mistaken for but for the original Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo 64. Like Smash, Arms is a lighthearted, competition-focused brawler with endearing characters, unique stages and excellently balanced gameplay. The game is easy to pick up, and it's the perfect local multiplayer experience to share with friends -- but it also seems difficult to master, which may lend it enough complexity to keep competitive gamers engaged. It's this depth that sets it apart from Wii Sports Boxing and what will make the game a worthy addition to the Switch library of those who can see past the superficial similarities of Arms' gesture-based control scheme.

Arms will likely wind up being a game very much like Splatoon -- a fun, imaginative ideal for competitive multiplayer that doesn't completely make sense until you try it for yourself. Fortunately, Nintendo seems to understand this: Nintendo Switch owners will be able to try Arms for free during Global Test Punch events, during the last weekend of May and the first weekend of June. If the free taste gets you hooked, you won't have to wait long for the full game either: Arms launches for Nintendo Switch on June 16th.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/17/dnp ... rts-games/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:Babes, why are you trashing Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers? The reviews make it clear that besides the waggle mini-game, the rest of it is actually a great game, just massively overpriced. :|

Are you forgetting that you personally HYPED UP FOR OVER A YEAR the release of Street Fighter V in your very own 20 page thread.... :redface:

http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... ER#p398028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You know, the same Street Fighter V (a massively anticipated brand spanking new & many years in the making SF game) that has a meta-critic score in the same ballpark of Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers (a Nintendo Switch "launch window" port of a DECADES old 2D game).... :lol:

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Street Fighter but somehow this game doesn't seem like a pure capcom game imo.
When Sony had the exclusive I felt like it was a disservice to fighting fans around the world. I would have preferred if this was only a timed exclusive so that it can be ported to the other systems. Capcom obviously suffered as a result of only committing to just PC and PS4. I hope for no.6 they go back to being multiplatform again.

And don't listen to Candy Arse about fighting games. He probably bellieves that casual gamers money is not real money and therefore capcom should just ignore them. The harsh reality is fighting games have always been a niche because of their arcadey nature. Much like 2d shmups were around the time 3D games were the shit in the PS1 days.

Because capcom listens to these hardcore fans of their games rather than asks the gener hardcore gamers, what you saw was a split between those who play fighting games in general from many companies,....and those SF-only fanatics that feel like only the competitive fighting scene matters and esports is the most important part of fighting games. But many older gamers don't have time to comit to one game only and want the casual modes in there because it adds value to the overall product. It would be like if Activision took out the single player campaign from the Call of Duty games. Sure the ones that ONLY play multi for competitive gaming will not give a shit. But by taking it out, you piss off the ones that like the single player modes and lessen your total sales.

I hope capcom has learned their lesson: we want finished games on release. Then if you wish to expand on the game like nintendo did with Mario Kart and Smash Bros, then you can start charging extra money. (they must be big fans of the pay-to-win business model where the richer you are, the easier it will be to win as capcom can easily deliberately make the new characters overpowered in order to encourage you to spend more money to use them to win more matches. And if you don't have enough money, you can't access the newer overpowered and unbalanced characters they are selling you lol) But give us all the modes on day 1. Don't be like EA.

The capcom of today is a shadow of its former self now. But SF luckily has maintained high quality despite these anti-consumer practices. It's good to see them mining the older ip like Dragon's Dogma and re-releasing it for ps4 and Bone for those who missed out on these games last gen. I hope they make a sequel to this series. Yes it's generic fantasy and that might be a turn off for many RPG gamers, but it is capcom's first open world rpg game. Cut them some slack. It has arcadey responsive controls of an action game with open world RPG to run around in. Similar to Darksiders, you will have fun playing it because of the action and can forgive the generic world. At the time of release there was not that many japanese companies doing the open world thing.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: USF2 review average DROPPING

:suicide: Jasper :suicide:

Think I'll just ignore Jasper's selected pro-ARMS articles. Giant Bomb, who I trust, said the waggle controls are an issue.

Can't wait for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Jasper wrote:
Arms is that rare thing - a motion control game that works

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... that-works" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Motion Controls That Really Work
Yep, that doesn't sound like more nintentard review/"criticism" collusion
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Totally busy this weekend. The only chance I'll get to have a look at Arms will be the 10pm tonight one.
Maybe I'll have better luck with the timings next weekend.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:OMFG.....it's dropped down a point!?!?!?!? :roll:

Flipswitch, you must REALLY envy t0mby and the fact that he's "Lard Arse Puppet Bitch No.1", whilst you're "Lard Arse Puppet Bitch No.2". :redface:

Whilst t0mby gets to suck on Candy's dong, you're delegated to having to stick your head between his legs and suck on his balls. :lol:

Nonetheless, nothing changes the fact that a port of a DECADES old 2D game has a meta-critic score in the same ballpark as Street Fighter V (which was a brand new made from scratch SF game that millions of hardcore SF fans like Candy Arse were jacking off over in anticipation for YEARS before it's humiliating flop release). :cry:
So Horizon: Zero Dawn has a Metacritic average in the same ballpark as Zelda then by your logic. We already know which is the better game.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Five minutes to go until the 10PM ARMS global testpunch session (I missed the first session earlier this morning). :?

I'll be sure to post my :unbiased: of the game after the session ends! :keke:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

NINTENDO SWITCH "ARMS GLOBAL TESTPUNCH" HAS BEGUN!

Post by Jasper »

ImageImage

OK, so here is my :unbiased: of ARMS following my testpunch session...

It's absolutely FUNFUCKINGTASTIC!!!! :up: :up: :up:

Firstly, I must say that the visuals and art direction of the game is STUNNING. It is so strikingly lush & colourful just like Mario Kart 8 (the MK8 development team also developed ARMS). I should also add the game sounds great (the music, sound effects, when characters speak, etc). The game's overall presentation is so slick and oozing the "Nintendo Magic" polish.

I tried both motion controls and traditional controls, and I actually preferred the motion controls because it worked flawlessly. Some people seem to be under the assumption that you're supposed to waggle & shake your joy-cons like a mad man, when instead you only need to make minor movements and very slight flicks of the wrist.

When I payed with traditional controls, I did so in handheld mode and it controls just like any other traditional control fighter would. I will say that for anyone looking for a highly addictive game to play when you're out and about or on long commutes, this is definitely the game for you!!! The game is so bright and colourful (it really pops out at you on the Switch's huge screen) and it's the sort of game that will captivate you and keep you happily distracted for a long time if you're commuting on a plane/bus/train/etc.

I played mostly as Min Min, and she was fantastic (her arm can transform into a dragon)!!!

There really are soooo many arms to choose from when playing, and some of the arms are beyond bizarre but in a good way (Nintendo really have a crazy imagination).

This game truly is so FUN but yet also has a lot of depth. You can go from playing super seriously & competitively in say a 1 on 1 match, to then playing for shits and giggles in a clusterfuck 2 on 2 match. I in fact tried out this mode (4 random people thrown into an arena and fighting each-other at the same exact time) and it was so fucking hilarious and fun (it had me laughing the entire time).

Oh...and the "HD Rumble" in this game feels incredible and absolutely adds to the gameplay experience (after playing this game, you will really feel for yourself how superior this brand new & modern force feedback technology is compared to the plain old outdated rumble in PS4/XB1).

I hope y'all enjoyed my :unbiased: of ARMS :).
t0mby
Cheats

Re: NINTENDO SWITCH "ARMS GLOBAL TESTPUNCH" HAS BEGUN!

Post by t0mby »

I was going to say about 6hrs ago I bet that Jasper would praise the waggle and publish a PR post after everyone had posted gifs for him to source but I fell asleep with my phone in my hand. Looks like I was right, reads like a Nintendo magazine preview.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Jasper wrote:it really pops out at you on the Switch's huge screen
:lol: :lol: ...huge screen
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Image

ImageImage

OK, so here is my :unbiased: of ARMS following my testpunch session...

It's absolutely FUNFUCKINGTASTIC!!!! :up: :up: :up:

Firstly, I must say that the visuals and art direction of the game is STUNNING. It is so strikingly lush & colourful just like Mario Kart 8 (the MK8 development team also developed ARMS). I should also add the game sounds great (the music, sound effects, when characters speak, etc). The game's overall presentation is so slick and oozing the "Nintendo Magic" polish.

I tried both motion controls and traditional controls, and I actually preferred the motion controls because it worked flawlessly. Some people seem to be under the assumption that you're supposed to waggle & shake your joy-cons like a mad man, when instead you only need to make minor movements and very slight flicks of the wrist.

When I payed with traditional controls, I did so in handheld mode and it controls just like any other traditional control fighter would. I will say that for anyone looking for a highly addictive game to play when you're out and about or on long commutes, this is definitely the game for you!!! The game is so bright and colourful (it really pops out at you on the Switch's huge screen) and it's the sort of game that will captivate you and keep you happily distracted for a long time if you're commuting on a plane/bus/train/etc.

I played mostly as Min Min, and she was fantastic (her arm can transform into a dragon)!!!

There really are soooo many arms to choose from when playing, and some of the arms are beyond bizarre but in a good way (Nintendo really have a crazy imagination).

This game truly is so FUN but yet also has a lot of depth. You can go from playing super seriously & competitively in say a 1 on 1 match, to then playing for shits and giggles in a clusterfuck 2 on 2 match. I in fact tried out this mode (4 random people thrown into an arena and fighting each-other at the same exact time) and it was so fucking hilarious and fun (it had me laughing the entire time).

Oh...and the "HD Rumble" in this game feels incredible and absolutely adds to the gameplay experience (after playing this game, you will really feel for yourself how superior this brand new & modern force feedback technology is compared to the plain old outdated rumble in PS4/XB1).

I hope y'all enjoyed my :unbiased: of ARMS :).
This post says a lot while saying very little.

There's talk about this waggle fighting game being aimed at the FGC.

So how about actual impressions vs real fighting games like SF5, GG Xrd, Tekken 7 etc?

"OMG IT'S FUN I CAN WAGGLE" doesn't say much.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

So I had a crack on the 10pm session last night. I did enjoy it. Played as Master Mummy the whole time, and got a lot of games in.
Started with motion controls, and they work very well. I must admit, it is the first time I felt that motion controls worked well enough that they are viable as a control method. BUT after 10 minutes, I was done and reached for the pro controller. Ahhh, that's better.

Swapped out the spike balls on Master Mummys hands for the triple spread attack arm on the right, and the homing arm on the left. Once I wrapped my head around the controls, I was really starting to smash the crap out of people. The rotation of events on the test fire were cool. I liked the volleyball. On the triple threat matches, I was consciously watching the health of both opponents, but I was able to usually beat the crap out of the identified 'better player', then turn around and beat the crap out of the weaker player.

All said and done, I needed to get to bed, so wrapped it up around 10.45. It is good, it is colourful, and it is fun.
I'm not convinced enough to plonk down and buy this though, and I think I'd take Tekken7 over this.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote:I'm not convinced enough to plonk down and buy this though, and I think I'd take Tekken7 over this.
I don't think I've played a Tekken game since #4, that could've been the last one I bought, might've been #3. To choose Tekken over Arms though, that says a lot. ;)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The verdict from serious gamers is that this is a waggle "fighting game" for kids.

Think I'll pass.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You are such a clown! :redface:

Both "serious gamers" and "casual gamers" are raving about this game. EDGE Magazine even wrote a cover story worthy multi-page article about their hands-on time with ARMS, and just how much they love the game!!! :)

Plus if you don't want to play in "waggle" control mode, then just play in traditional control mode. You keep bitching about something (as if you're forced to play the game with motion controls) when it simply isn't true - and in fact you have the option to play just like any other traditional fighting game either using the joy-con grip, pro controller, or handheld mode.

Last edited by Jasper on 28 May 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Alex Valle, US SF legend, talking about USF2.

"It's made for casuals"

:lol:

Casual fighting "gamers" are spoiled for choice on Switch!

A version of SF2 for babies or a waggle fighting game that's "fun" :lol:

:suicide: Jasper :suicide:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE THEME SONG!!!! :up: :up: :up:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:You are such a clown! :redface:

Both "serious gamers" and "casual gamers" are raving about this game. EDGE Magazine even wrote a cover story worthy multi-page article about their hands-on time with ARMS, and just how much they love the game!!! :)
There is a certain etiquette writers use when writing previews and that is not to focus on the negatives as there is a chance that can be improved. Wait until the final score.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Edge aren't part of the FGC, so when we talk about serious gamers in relation to fighting games, we talk about the active FGC.

Everything I've heard from the FGC about ARMS is that it's a kids waggle fighting game.

I doubt it'll even make inroads into the pedobear Nintendo-fan Smash Bros community, let alone people like myself who play real fighting games.

But that's ok, ARMS is FUN!!!!!!!