Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE "SUPER NINTENDO MINI"

Post by Jasper »

Nintendo have announced the SNES MINI (comes with two SNES controllers)... :)

The following games are included (note the NEVER BEFORE RELEASED - Starfox 2)... :up:

· Contra III: The Alien Wars

· Donkey Kong Country

· EarthBound

· Final Fantasy III

· F-ZERO

· Kirby Super Star

· Kirby’s Dream Course

· The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

· Mega Man X

· Secret of Mana

· Star Fox

· Star Fox 2

· Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

· Super Castlevania IV

· Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts

· Super Mario Kart

· Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

· Super Mario World

· Super Metroid

· Super Punch-Out!!

· Yoshi’s Island

For those unaware, the SNES MINI is a follow up to the NES MINI that Nintendo released last year. It went on to sell like hot cakes (globally every new shipment sold out instantly, and people were even paying over $300 US dollars on eBay to snag one). :wink:

Here in Australia - some sneaky fucker got his hands on a bunch of them and he's selling them for $650 EACH!!!...and he's already sold over 30 of them at that crazy price! :shock:

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: NINTENDO ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE "SUPER NINTENDO MI

Post by t0mby »

Is Super Street Fight 2 Hyper Fighting better or worse than the Switch Street Fighter?

Asking for a friend.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Have been playing NES and Super NES games the last 6 months on my retropie. Every single game available and scanline filters enabled for the true retro experience. All while playing with an xbox controller.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:Is Super Street Fight 2 Hyper Fighting better or worse than the Switch Street Fighter?

Asking for a friend.
Depends on if you prefer Hyper Fighting or Super Turbo.

Both are outstanding and the two best versions of SF2.

I'd get the Switch version in preference if I owned one.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

guttermouth wrote:Have been playing NES and Super NES games the last 6 months on my retropie. Every single game available and scanline filters enabled for the true retro experience. All while playing with an xbox controller.
Where did you get yours?

Also just throwing this out there for Jasper - I own boxed copies of most of that SNES mini list including Mario RPG and Starfox 2.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Hopefully I can pick one of these up before they sell out.

Then sell it on eBay.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Candy Arse wrote:
guttermouth wrote:Have been playing NES and Super NES games the last 6 months on my retropie. Every single game available and scanline filters enabled for the true retro experience. All while playing with an xbox controller.
Where did you get yours?
Got the pi of ebay for about $120 came with 2 SNES controllers. Very easy to setup, running multiple emulators and 1000s of roms loaded.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Now available for pre-order at EB Games with a confirmed aussie release date of September 30th...(https://ebgames.com.au/loot-217392-Nint ... ystem-Loot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Note it's strictly only 1 per customer.

Also i'm really liking the Japanese box-art for the SNES MINI. The Japanese version includes Panel de Pon, Fire Emblem 3, Legend of Mystical Ninja, Super Soccer, and Super Street Fighter II.

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Every time I see the US SNES I can't help but think it is surely one of the ugliest consoles ever released :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

If you plan to purchase one, BE FAST!!! This thing is massively limited (Nintendo are only manufacturing them for the next few months and intend to then discontinue further manufacture....similar to how it went down with the NES Mini). :)

It's already selling for 3 times the price on eBay, and the thing isn't even released yet! :shock:
SNES CLASSIC EDITION ALREADY POPPING UP ON EBAY

In a totally not surprising move, eBay in Europe is already being flooded with SNES Classic Edition purchases. As you can guess, these preorders are being sold for double, if not triple what the retail price is. Sad to see, but hopefully people hold out and grab one at retail price.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/283828-sn ... up-on-ebay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I won't be buying one. I own the real thing and a great collection of mint CIB games inc. most of this list :)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:
t0mby wrote:Is Super Street Fight 2 Hyper Fighting better or worse than the Switch Street Fighter?

Asking for a friend.
Depends on if you prefer Hyper Fighting or Super Turbo.

Both are outstanding and the two best versions of SF2.

I'd get the Switch version in preference if I owned one.
SNES never got Super Turbo. :(

Only Super.

The one on Switch is the arcade game. The SNES one is a port of the arcade game. (missing walking backwards animations and so you are better off buying the capcom classic collection reloaded and capcom classic collection remixed on the PS Vita or PSP from the digital sony PS E store which are ports of the arcade games)

I love the SNES port, but Switch lets you play it anywhere. Candy is biased as usual. If you don't own a Vita I suggest buying the Switch version. Get the SNES mini for nostalgia reasons. It will remind you of how much nintendo were in the day when they focused on power and all the JRPG titles were on their side. (megadrive didn't stand a chance against 16-bit era nintendo on this front thanks to squaresoft)

Tomby: As the resident Sony executive you should check out the Capcom Classic Collection version of Hyper Fighting and see how that goes control wise. The fact that you have full sized snes controllers is a big plus on SNES Mini though. But the Vita control pad is awesome. And you have arcade perfect version of Hyper Fighting. (SNES port was bloody good but not perfect)

If you want to play both games get Switch for Super Turbo and Vita version of hyper fighting by checking out capcom classic collection. I have capcom classic collection reloaded and Remixed. One to play Final Fight on the small screen and Knights of the Round and Street Fighter on the other collection. Really these two collections should be one big collection. They need to do a HD remake of Street Fighter 3 for HD machines already.
El fuerte playing Final Fight:
other titles fighting fans should buy on digital store to keep capcom from going bankrpt:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX (port of the game for PSP but also downloadable and playable on PS Vita) :
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (port of the arcade to PS1 but playable on PSP and PS Vita) :
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Ambrose Burnside

Preordered. Not missing out like last time.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Don't worry if you miss out you can always grab a retropie off Ebay and have access to every SNES game made. Along with every game released on the NES, Master System, Mega Drive, MAME Arcade, Atari2600, Atari Jaguar, PC Engine, C64, NeoGeo, PS1, Gameboy, 3DO, Amiga, Sega Saturn, Sega CD, Lynx and many more. Thats like over 10,000 games ready to play all for the same price as the Mini SNES.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Take your thievery elsewhere! :down:

Retropie is merely a junk emulator that requires you to search the internet and ILLEGALLY download and STEAL ROMS, unlike the NES Mini or SNES Mini. :roll:
Downloading and installing a ROM on Retropie is illegal. That's why we're not going to actively tell you to go and download classic SNES, NES, Mega Drive or other console games from the past.

Also unlike retropie, the NES/SNES Mini are highly sought after limited edition collectibles that APPRECIATE in value...and by HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of dollars!!! 8)

Now excuse me, I have to go. I have to report a CRIMINAL who's bragging about ILLEGALLY downloading and stealing ROMS! :down:

Hmm, shall I or shall I not proceed to STEP 2...that is the question! :?

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Now up for pre-order at JB Hi-Fi and The Gamesmen. Again, strictly only 1 SNES Mini per customer just like every other store.

Last edited by Jasper on 27 Jun 2017 03:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

The company has confirmed to Fairfax that the versions of the games included with the mini SNES are the US versions, which means a couple of them will have different names than you may remember. More importantly, this means they'll run at a full 60Hz versus the 50Hz that Australian gamers experienced back in the day.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/games/ ... wz3oo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just like the NES Mini! :up:

For anyone who's played the NES Mini, you would know what a fucking fantastic job Nintendo did, as the games all run perfectly - plus with multiple options (e.g. "Pixel Perfect Mode" - uses square pixels to make the picture pin-sharp and detailed, "CRT Filer Mode" artificially adds scanlines to make it feel like you're playing on an old television, "‘4:3 Mode" smooths out the the harsher edges, etc). :)
Ambrose Burnside

Classic Nintendo shitcuntery not including an AC Adaptor though.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You do understand that you don't need an AC adapter to use the thing? :?

It comes bundled with both an HDMI and USB cable. You are supposed to plug one side of the USB cable into the SNES Mini and the other side directly into your television's USB port to power on the SNES Mini. :wink:

Just like the NES Mini....

PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

So let me gets this right. 119 schmeckles for a locked down Nintendo branded emulator limited to 25 games or 50 for an Android box from Deal Extreme and play the whole SNES library, it its entirety. That's a tough choice :lol:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE

Post by Rorschach »

What a massive rip off. $120 for a piece of official plastic? Pass.
Last edited by Rorschach on 27 Jun 2017 06:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I literally cannot wait for the Switch to be cracked wide open. I'll go out and buy a second one immediately.
It will be the greatest emulator machine ever. Yes, even better than RetroPi. Mark my words.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

It all actually makes sense now, why Nintendo are waiting until next year to launch their Netflix-like retro gaming service for the Nintendo Switch. :wink:

For those unaware, next year "Nintendo Switch Online" will launch. It's a paid membership service (30 bucks for a full year, plus members are also offered discounted pricing and deals on digital game purchases).

It will include Nintendo's "Classic Game Selection" service. It's a Netflix-like service where as long as you have an active account, you can enjoy access to a library of classic Nintendo games with added online play (you can play as many of the games as you want, and as often as you like). :shock:

emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Candy Arse wrote:I won't be buying one. I own the real thing and a great collection of mint CIB games inc. most of this list :)
I've got every game on this list, 90% of them CIB, and I'll still be buying it. SNES is life.
Yoshi Sonic

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE "SUPER NINTENDO MINI"

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

I'm down for one.

It's an excellent selection of games. I also own most of them in hardcopy and again on the Wii. But the lack of a widescreen filling mode in the NES mini makes me consider that the Retropie will continue to be my preferred HDMI emulator.

Afterall letterboxing was such a feature of PAL SNES gaming that 4:3 modes on a widescreen seems unnatural to me now. Fill my screen damnit!

So I'll probably keep the SNES mini boxed/unused. Oh just like my NES mini!

But shut up and take my money Nintendo.