Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

FORBES: "NINTENDO SWITCH SELLING OUT IN HOURS, NOT DAYS"

Post by Jasper »

This is fucking insanity! Congratulations Nintendo! :shock: :up:
Nintendo Switch Selling Out In Hours, Not Days

Nintendo's new hybrid living room/portable console started flying off of store shelves on day one, and it shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. It's good news for Nintendo, a company that badly needed a win with its core console business after the tepid response to the Wii U and good news for the Nintendo fans that have managed to get their hands on one of the things.

The biggest problem right now: these things are not easy to obtain. While there have been reports that Nintendo has been expanding production, at this point the machine remains an elusive beast. I talked to Eric Bright, GameStop's Senior Director of Merchandising, who said that the Switch continues to outsell predictions and that anyone hoping to grab one from a physical store is going to have to be quick.

"It's exceeding our expectations," he said. "We knew it would be a high-demand product, but our Switch allocations are selling out not in days, but in hours...the demand is so high that consumers have to react quickly to be able to get their hands on them."

And while specific predictions about future supply or demand are tough to come by, nobody seems to be banking on supply stabilizing any time soon. At this point, demand still seems to be riding a launch window peak where machines are selling out immediately, at least for all intents and purposes.

"Right now we're not seeing sales going down at all, and I would expect that to continue for quite some time," said Bright.

In the meantime, we'll keep an eye on supply and wait for that moment when a machine stays on store shelves for a full 24 hours.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier ... 2bff3e5251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

& Nintendo has had to resort to delivering Switch units using planes and not the usual delivery method (via sea) because demand has been so incredibly high... :shock: :up:
NINTENDO SENT SWITCH SYSTEMS BY AIR TO MEET DEMAND

Nintendo skipped the seas and sent some Switch systems by air in March to meet high demand.

The Wall Street Journal says the company opted for the costlier shipping method because initial interest for Switch was higher than expected. Nintendo originally planned to sell 2 million systems in March, but in the end 2.74 million Switch consoles were sold worldwide in its first month.

"We carried some of the Switches by plane in March to serve our customers more promptly," a Nintendo spokesperson told The Wall Street Journal.

Now it's not just the system selling well. Nintendo also announced that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold over 459,000 copies on launch day in the U.S., making it the fastest-selling entry in the franchise ever.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/05/01/n ... eet-demand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: FORBES: "NINTENDO SWITCH SELLING OUT IN HOURS, NOT DAYS"

Post by Candy Arse »

Any actual games coming out soon? As in original games that won't be better on my PC?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Can't understand why it's selling so fast with fuck all games to choose from. So far it sounds like the Zelda Entertainment System, and even that sounds overrated.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Have the fire sales started already?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Nope. The Nintendo Switch is too much of a phenomenal success to need a "fire sale"! :up:

Which means you're going to be paying full RRP for a Nintendo Switch in about 5 months when Super Mario Odyssey (aka the first REAL 3D Mario platformer since Super Mario Sunshine over 15 years ago) is released... :keke:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

No I won't be. This original hardware has been proven to be defective. Will cop one in a fire sale, second-hand or just wait for the revision's fire sale later on.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Defective? :?

Babes...the left joy-con issue that was a problem for a small number of people from the very first batch of Switch units, has been completely resolved. Post-launch, this issue no longer exists (it all came down to a tiny piece of conductive foam missing from some first batch left joy-cons). :)

You poor thing...you're desperately looking for excuses to NOT purchase a Nintendo Switch. :cry:

BITCH....you know that you will NOT be able to resist the urge to run your fat arse over to an EB Games and purchase a shiny new Switch, once Super Mario Odyssey hits store shelves in a few months from now. :wink:

Are you forgetting it's EAD Tokyo who are developing the game? (and have been developing the game for well over 3 years). This is the same EAD Tokyo who have NEVER disappointed us, and always develop fucking incredible Mario games (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World). :P

I'm sooo pumped to play this game!!! Doesn't "New Donk City" look oh so incredible? :shock:

ImageImage
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Oh my...what's going on over here? :?

Acclaimed composer Alexander Brandon (composer for Deus Ex & Unreal) is now composing for Retro Studios on a yet to be announced game. He's an absolute MASSIVE Metroid fan...and rumour of course is Retro are working on a new Metroid and are set to unveil the game next month at E3. :wink:
Alexander Brandon is working on an unnamed project for Retro Studios

Alexander Brandon – composer, audio director, voice actor and more – recently posted about his projects for 2017 on his Facebook page. One interesting tidbit was about the fan favorite Nintendo game dev, Retro Studios.

“I’m currently working with Retro Studios here in Austin. As much as I’d like to say more (except the work is incredibly exciting and the team is awesome), I can’t.”

Yes, Retro Studios. The lack of a title name drop coupled with the fact that Alexander is a Metroid fan… Let’s just say those fanboy and girl heart strings are getting tugged hard. The chance of it being Metroid? It would be lovely to see Retro Studios return to the franchise, but given that it’s 2017 and the Nintendo Switch is building its library up, maybe a sequel for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is in the works?

For a bit of background, Alexander Brandon worked on music for the likes of Vigilante 8, Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament and more.

Time to place your bets and hopes to where this may lead. A Metroid game with the sound stylings of Deus Ex would be fantastic – do you agree?

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/05/0 ... o-studios/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

New Donk City looks like Sonic Adventure 2.

A new Metroid on the other hand...
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Can you tell me where its sold out here in Australia? I can go into any store over here and purchase the over rated console with the only a handful of games.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Candy Arse wrote:Have the fire sales started already?
I missed out a few weeks ago where Dicksmith online through their Ebay account where hocking them for $383. I think Dicks online is now owned by Kogan. The following week Targets Ebay site was selling them for $385 and missed out again.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

There's more to come so once there are games worth playing we can grab a fire sale package
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

MiNiStRy wrote:Can you tell me where its sold out here in Australia? I can go into any store over here and purchase the over rated console with the only a handful of games.
Believe it or not, the world does not revolve around our globally insignificant nobody nation. In regards to the global video-game market, Australia is borderline worthless - compared to other countries around the world. :roll:

The Forbes article I posted above, is about the Nintendo Switch and it's incredible success in the USA. Even now, the Nintendo Switch is so in demand that it's hard to get your hands on one. :wink:

This is as of today... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Switch at GameStop (America's largest video-game chain of stores)...SOLD OUT! (http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch ... con/141820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Switch at Best Buy (America's largest chain of stores for electronic goods)...SOLD OUT! (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-sw ... Id=5670003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Switch at Target (One of America's largest department stores)...SOLD OUT! (http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-sw ... A-52189185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Switch at K-Mart (One of America's largest department stores)...SOLD OUT! (http://www.kmart.com/search=nintendo%20switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Switch at Toys R Us (America's largest kids store)...SOLD OUT! (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=family" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Switch at Walmart (America's largest department store)...IN STOCK AT THE JACKED UP PRICE OF ALMOST 700 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS. You read correctly...even though the Switch's RRP in the USA is $299, Walmart are selling it at 500 US dollars because the Switch is so popular and high in demand (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Swi ... A/55449981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). :shock:

Also remember...the official numbers are in, and the NINTENDO SWITCH WAS THE FASTEST SELLING NINTENDO GAMING SYSTEM IN HISTORY!!! :up: :up: :up:
Nintendo Shares Jump After Switch Sets U.S. Sales Records

Nintendo Co. shares jumped as much as 4 percent after the company said its new Switch console is off to a record-setting pace in the U.S. since its March 3 debut.

The new device sold 906,000 units in North America during March, according to industry researcher NPD Group. That means the gaming machine “sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history,” according to Nintendo.

The Switch has received praise for its console-tablet hybrid design that lets gamers play both in the living room and outside the house, and demand has consistently outstripped supply during the first six weeks of sales. That’s buoyed investors who think the Switch is on track to become a bigger hit than the Wii, the company’s best-selling home console of all-time.

The stock, which has climbed about 12 percent since the beginning of March, was up 3 percent at 26,005 yen at 10:31 a.m. in Tokyo.

Atul Goyal, an analyst at Jefferies Group, estimates that 2.5 to 3 million units were sold globally in March, outpacing Nintendo’s target of 2 million. Nintendo is scheduled to report full quarterly figures on April 27, including sales forecasts for the coming fiscal year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... es-records" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

guttermouth wrote: I missed out a few weeks ago where Dicksmith online through their Ebay account where hocking them for $383. I think Dicks online is now owned by Kogan. The following week Targets Ebay site was selling them for $385 and missed out again.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your povo arse missing out on using an Ebay coupon code to try and snag a Nintendo Switch at a lower price...does not equal a "fire sale". :thefinger:

Oh, and...
NINTENDO SWITCH IS NOW NINTENDO’S BIGGEST LAUNCH IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND EVER

Nintendo Australia has announced that the Nintendo Switch has sold more in Australia and New Zealand than any other Nintendo hardware in history. Yes, including the Wii.

Breath of the Wild has also sold through more copies than Wii Sports, that of course was bundled with the Wii which makes it even more impressive.

Here’s the official statement from Nintendo;

We can confirm that, across Australia and New Zealand combined, Nintendo Switch sold more in its launch weekend than any other Nintendo hardware in history.

Launch title The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has not only been bestowed with some of the highest review scores in gaming history, in Australia and New Zealand combined it’s had the best launch weekend sales in the Zelda series’ 30-year history. Not only that, it’s the biggest-selling Nintendo hardware launch title ever in this region, even outselling Wii Sports – previously the biggest-selling Nintendo launch title ever in this region – in terms of first weekend sales.

And all this in March, traditionally a quiet time for the games industry.
http://www.vooks.net/nintendo-switch-bi ... alia-ever/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Speaking of Australia...
‘Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’ races to the top of weekly charts in Australia and New Zealand

After a successful launch in the U.S. last week, “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe” seems to have no plans of hitting the brakes.

According to IGEA, Nintendo’s newest racing game for Switch zoomed to the top of the charts in Australia and New Zealand for the week that ended on April 30. The game’s dominance covered all platforms for the two countries.

After its worldwide release last April 28, “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe” set a franchise record for Nintendo in the U.S. The game sold a combined 490,000 digital and physical copies. This eclipsed the previous record of “Mario Kart Wii” of 433,900 units sold in 2008. With the feat, the game also became Nintendo’s fastest-selling title in franchise history.

The year 2017 has, so far, been good to Nintendo. Apart from the success of “Mario Kart,” “Breath of the Wild” continues to soar in terms of sales. Just for the month of March, the game has sold 925,000 units in the U.S. alone. It also sold 2.76 million copies globally.
https://www.vinereport.com/article/mari ... 112301.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice to see Australia is keeping the momentum of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Nintendo Switch being the fastest selling Mario Kart in the franchise's history... :up:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sets record as fastest-selling game in the franchise

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold nearly half a million copies stateside when it went on sale last Friday, making it the fastest-selling Mario Kart title ever.

Nintendo announced that the game beat out Mario Kart Wii as the series’ fastest seller, with a little more than 459,000 copies sold in the U.S. on launch day alone. (The Switch has moved 2.7 million units worldwide since launch, for context.) Mario Kart Wii, which went on to be the best-selling entry of the Mario Kart series — and second-biggest Mario game ever — moved just under 434,000 copies at launch in 2008.

Nearly half of those with a Switch already have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, two months after the console’s launch. That’s a remarkable attach rate, even considering The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Switch has sold more copies than consoles shipped.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/1/155022 ... ndo-switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So in one post he talks about Australia being insignificant, then spends the next TWO posts pimping the Switch's success...in Australia.

That is some CrackHED-quality posting.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Actually the only reason I went on a tangent, is because one of your lying povo minions tried to make it out as if Target and Kogan were "hocking" out Nintendo Switch's in a "fire sale". :roll:

What guttercunt didn't say (and tried to keep a secret) was that any reduction on the Switch's price came from using an eBay coupon code! :redface:

Me posting the info about the Switch's success in Australia, was to further demonstrate what a fucking moron guttercunt is, in trying to make it out that the Switch is a failure in Australia - when in fact it had the best launch of any Nintendo hardware in Australian history (even the fucking Wii!), and Switch games are reaching number one spot in weekly software sold charts. :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Aren't you the same person who challenged me to a USF2 match face-to-face, and then ran away?

Like anyone takes what you say seriously! :lol:

I feel bad for guttermouth missing out on one of the Switch fire sales.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

t0mby wrote:Can't understand why it's selling so fast with fuck all games to choose from.
Me either, but for what it's worth the PS4 was the same. It has a killer library now, but the console was going off its tits long before there was actually a decent reason to get one.

A new Retro-made Metroid would be a game-changer for me, and probably enough to push me over the line even if the Switch seems destined to be yet another 1st party Nintendo box.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I'm in the same boat...Want to play Zelda badly, but no way is this console worth 460 bucks, especially for one game. Hopefully they show some shit at E3 and shit that aint 2 years away or more Wii U ports. On principle alone this underpowered console isn't worth paying more for than a bone or PS4.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

FUCK OFF EA! THEY ARE NOW EAGER TO DEVELOP GAMES FOR SWITCH!

Post by Jasper »

Well..well, look who's come crawling back after giving Nintendo the flick during the Wii U/3DS generation! :roll:

EA Is Excited About The Nintendo Switch, Looking To Bring More Games To The System

EA’s departure from the Wii U fold signaled and portended a larger exodus of third parties from the Nintendo camp - something from which the Wii U never quite recovered. It is why the prospect of EA actually being on board with the Switch was a little encouraging for the system’s prospects before its launch, when its fate in the market was uncertain.

Of course, its fate is not uncertain anymore - the Switch is out and it is a raging success, and it looks like EA is now more willing to commit to the system fully. Thus far, EA had only announced one game for the system, FIFA 18. However, speaking to investors in a financial call, EA CEO Andrew Wilson noted that the company is now very bullish on the Nintendo Switch, expressing excitement for it bringing an entirely new ecosystem into the fold. He noted that EA is considering bringing more of its games to the system, in addition to the previously announced FIFA 18. He also reiterated EA’s relationship with Nintendo.

http://gamingbolt.com/ea-is-excited-abo ... AeK1tKI.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flipswitch
que
que

Re: FUCK OFF EA! THEY ARE NOW EAGER TO DEVELOP GAMES FOR SWI

Post by flipswitch »

Minecraft Story Mode costs an extra $30 AUD.

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

$129.95 for an inferior version of Madden confirmed, can't wait!!!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yep. I couldn't give a shit about EA's crap. They literally have nothing I'm interested in in the first place. And if it's like the god-awful half arsed Wii ports - even less interest (if that's possible).

Good for the system though I guess. Maybe.
Plants V Zombies (& GW) is probably the best fit.
Obviously Fifa/Madden.
Still, if Nintendo put out Mario Strikers 2 or Mario Quarterback, I'd be more likely to buy them anyhow.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Re: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DLC DETAILS UNVE

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:The only reason that one review "got around", was because the reviewer was a click-bait attention whore - who knew that whilst everyone else was giving the game a perfect score, his lonesome review giving it an average score would get massive attention. :roll:

Not just that, but he hates Nintendo with a passion and has been trashing them for ages. His hatred for Nintendo had intensified before his BOTW review, because Nintendo had been flagging his videos on YouTube for copyright infringement. :P

He's just pissed that EA's game (not praised universally and disapointing to fans) sold like crap (Bioware Montreal getting downsized and used as a support group now lol. Candy's SJW friends need to find a new job flipping burgers at maccas now to pay the rent):
If nntendo had the ME franchise they would force the programmers and animators and people in charge of dialogue to fix everything before it ever touched the shelf - not make last minute fixes once they went on holidays early and took customer's money already. This is why nintendo gets 10s. The seal of Quality. Notice how he can't ignore you? Because he is a masochist and loves the pain of getting beaten on the boards.

Only a matter of time nintendo get a 'Ultimate' version of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. This will drive candy insane. He can't accuse the game of being dumbed down for nintendo gamers if it happens because the game will already have casual gamer friendly options in it. (the elitists are going to have to face up to the fact that to survive you must be nice to noobs whose money is needed to sustain the existence of future fighting game franchises or you will end up killing it like sega did with VF games. As long as the option exists to turn easy modes off, then it shouldn't matter to you.

There is a possibility that Apple is going to buy up all the videogame companies. Vzzbx wins the future.
I told you the videogame industry was doomed. Once americans dominate videogames they will crash it again like Atari did with ET on the 2600. Mass Effect Andromeda is the canary in the coalmine - rushed to market and causing fear and uncertainty in the public who lose trust in buying videogames and who may use that money on other hobbies if they get ripped off too many times and lose faith in the greedy businesses that skimp on quality. Customers are getting smarter now and they can't get away with ripping people off anymore. Delaying games so that they are smooth on release is what we prefer, not rushed to market nonsense which scares the public into waiting for it to go on sale after all the patches are done. (EA is only shooting themselves in the foot when they treat triple A franchises like normal titles. Anything with a big fanbase needs 110% effort because the fanbase has much higher expectation. Let that be a lesson when they buy up new company and don't respect the franchise enough)

Nintendo will have to save the console gaming scene again while all the nerdy dickheads who only play shitty pc text adventures play on PC and think they are more important than us who actually pay for our games instead of pirating them.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto