Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: Wii U - Nov 30th @ $349 In Oz! Bayonetta 2 Wii U EXCLUSI

Post by Jasper »

Poor Cardsy, you truly are out of luck.

After spending years here at Games-Ranch boasting about stealing Nintendo software, now you either have to pay up to Nintendo or completely miss out!

Wii U/3DS Generation - Where you gotta pay if you wanna play! 8)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Xbots/SDF out of fucking control.................

Suck on that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Jasper on 14 Sep 2012 03:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Twit wrote:Cloud - this is not the troll thread. Please keep this one for genuine discussion of the Wii U.

So I understand that the Wii U is backwards compatible, but does anyone know if Wii titles are going to be automatically up-scaled with faster framerates and better texture detail or will they stay locked at the original 320p or whatever they were? Also, since I plan on buying the white version I’m wondering if there will be any cheap 3rd-party GamePad stands available or if I’ll need to instead lean it up against a toaster until I can afford the official one?
I'm interested to find out about the backwards compatible info as well, I bought an NTSC Wii so if they run and look verbatim to what they did on the Wii I probably won't bother importing again. Then again if the Virtual Console for WiiU will be offering the PAL games as they originally were (17.5% slowdown, poor 50hz conversions etc) it might be worth it to import if you plan on buying and playing them any great amount.

I don't even understand all the backlash about Bayonetta 2 being WiiU exclusive.. would the preference be no sequel at all? Is it becase they have to buy a new console for it, or just that it was multiplatform before and now is single console exclusive? Though I do have my reservations as to whether or not that will remain exclusive.

Socco always on about the ranch stealing, nevermind all the copyright violations you post of magazine scans.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Kinda confused which thread now, but if playing a Wii game on the Wii U, can you use the controller/half a DS thing or would you have to go buy a Wiimote?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

One of the big selling points of the GamePad for me is how it can work in multiplayer games by having an entirely different experience for the person using the pad compared to everyone else using standard controllers. So for example all my friends could be racing around a track on the TV using their regular controllers, while I can be on the pad looking at a map and creating blocks for them to jump on. Or they could all be fighting a boss battle in a platform game while I'm using the pad to help them by creating blocks for them to jump on. It will be interesting to see how developers incorporate more block mechanics into their gameplay.

I also like how it can add to the regular single player experience. So if I'm playing Call of Duty I can simply look down from the TV at the GamePad and see a map of the area where I just got killed because I wasn't looking. And then I can create a block to jump on. On the Nintendo site they also mention being able to hold the pad vertically, though as far as I can tell there's absolutely no point to it. Still, you can.

It's funny seeing all those poor Xbots/SDFers butt hurt about Bayonetta up there, but I don't think anyone should be condoning kicking dolphins in the vagina like that. Someone needs to get twitter under control. #stopthedolphinvaginakickers

Edit - I just looked it up and apparently dolphins sometimes have an octopus hanging out of their vagina, so maybe kicking 'em there isn't as bad as I first thought:

Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Wasn't a massive wii fan or DS fan to be honest. Loved the cube and everything before that that Nintendo made. 3ds has reignited my love of Nintendo and I'm super excited for wiiU. I'll be getting the black 32 gig model with Mario, Rayman and zombiu at launch.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

It really is a stupid move to have Bayonetta 2 on Wii U though, unless it is just a money grabber for the Japanese market and they'll release a true sequel on 720/PS4. Nintendo just doesn't support the core gamer anymore and Bayonetta screams core gamer.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Take a hint Madmya, you're not going to be able play Bayonetta 2, ever!!!

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It'll probably bomb anyway.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Oh look, you can connect a whopping 3TB hard drive to Wii U....

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/13/wii- ... -tivo-dvr/

Guess because of the Nintendo eShop and Nintendo Tvii, they want to make sure people never run out of storage for downloaded games, recorded tv shows etc.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

I want one for Rayman.....mmmmm....is it a launch title?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

The only reason Bayonetta is on Wii U is that Sega refused to spend any more money on it and Nintendo rescued it from it's grave.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Rayman Legends is a day 1 Wii U launch title.

And pronto about Nintendo rescuing Bayonetta 2 from it's grave because of broke arse Sega. If it weren't for Nintendo's money, there wouldn't even be a Bayonetta 2.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: Wii U Thread - Nov 30th @ $349 In Oz! Bayonetta 2 Wii U

Post by GreyWizzard »

It's a typical shitty Nintendo launch line up... nothing i really want day 1.

I wish LCU was day 1.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm surprised there's a Bayonetta 2 to begin with. It'll bomb regardless of what platform it's released on. Still, I'm gonna buy it. The original is best in genre IMO.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You just bought a Nintendo 3DS XL.

And now you're also getting a Nintendo Wii U?

[Click to see hidden content]
Nintendo Slut! :keke:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I probably own more Nintendo gear than you do Socco. Unlike you I don't sell my stuff to get pocket money.
Cardsy

Wii U Thread - Nov 30th @ $349 In Oz! Bayonetta 2 Wii U Only

Post by Cardsy »

:rollin:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Wii to Wii U Transfer Details -
Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems. Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer. The process is very similar to transferring content from Nintendo DS to Nintendo 3DS or from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS XL; which has been received positively by consumers.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

New Tidbit -

ZombiU runs in full 1080p HD. This game truly shows of how spectacular it's going to be playing with the GamePad. It's also a day 1 Wii U launch title.

Apparently both Assassin's Creed III & Rayman Legends (also from Ubisoft) are also 1080p. :up:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Wow, 1080p! Doesn't the Dolphi9n do that with purchased Wii software from the second hand section?

Suddenly Socco is all excited about HD gaming even though it's been available for years. Wonder if his parents finally bought a new telly and that's why?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Games I'm interested in:
-Bayonetta 2
-Rayman
-Zombi U
-The xenoblade guy's game
-Monster Hunter (hopefully I won't have to pay subscription. But if capcom are smart they should release Monster Hunter Frontier for 360 in the west)
-Pikmin 3

Really nintendo should be applauded for going back to the attitude they had back when the game cube came out and you saw stuff like Eternal Darkness, pikmin, and zelda wind waker and each new game had something fresh about it. What happened when they went with wii was they got obsessed with casual gaming a bit too much and almost alienated the hardcore. (towards the end they changed a bit) Wii Sports is not the equivalent of a new zelda at launch or a survival horror game aimed at a older audience.

And for all those claiming porting things over is stupid, you idiots (not necessarily the people here just the community angry at sega in general) have no idea about third party companies. There is no HONOR and RESPECT when we are talking about publishers that want to make as much money as possible by releasing their games on every system that is possible. Otherwise you wouldn't see RE4 Wii which I was glad to see. The key thing is for these third parties to be FORCED to implement new cool features that take advantage of the console hardware. In the case of RE4 Wii for instance it was the aiming with the wiimote which was like playing a different game because pointing is more accurate. Lazy ports that are rushed are what we should be angry about. As long as these 3rd parties can release the ports with new things and give us a discounted price I am happy.

I think nintendo should work towards getting capcom to put some fighters like SSF4 Arcade edition, for all those people who only owned a wii and still didn't get a chance to play this. By the time it releases to wii u it will be an old game so it won't be a threat to Xbox and ps3 sales of the same game. In exchange capcom should release a HD Tatsunoko vs Capcom to the xbox360/ps3 and then both fanboys of either platform have nothing to cry about. At the end of the day capcom wins because they get their games played on all the 3 major console manufacturer's systems.

It will be interesting to see how long nintendo's console gen lasts. I believe they might try to go for a 5 year gen. Then make each new console BC. This could allow 1 major first party sequel per platform. (the older gen will continue to co-exist with the newer one as a budget console much like ps2 still exists now) And MS and Sony go for a 10 year gen, but make the console upgradable like pc.

The only thing nintendo still doesn't have: the western RPG crowd. I think they should give capcom a moneyhat to get a Dragon's Dogma game ported to it like with monster hunter. Since there are already so many open world titles for xbox and ps3 and virtually none on nintendo, it will plug a gap in their library imo. You won't see a game like GTA, Saint's Row, that kind of thing on nintendo. Maybe they should work on a clone of that? Or just hire some western company to make a high quality clones of these? (something that can't be ported to the other systems and integrates the tablet feature like that lego cop game?)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Jasper wrote:The Xbots/SDF are having a meltdown over at NeoGAF over Bayonetta 2's exclusivity to Wii U! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like literally going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite so far.....

Sega just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for WiiU, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Bayonetta for WiiU or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a GAF meme you dick, started when Final Fantasy was announced for the 360.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Oh and if monster hunter manages to sell well they could do a similar sequel to monster hunter frontier for WiiU.

Put a virtual keyboard thing on the tablet so you can type or draw pics(let us play with people in other countries like PSO) to communicate with foreigners.

Do a proper tv show of monster hunter to promote the franchise so people can stop complaining that the games are never released in the west. (ie MHF on X360)
(not actually a real monster hunter anime)

Have it be like the dungeons and dragon's cartoon (less emphasis on nerds, more on the creatures, people fighting/hunting to survive):
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Jasper wrote:ZombiU runs in full 1080p HD.
Wow, Zombies! Games in 1080p!
It's like Kyle finally getting a Chinpokomon doll when everyone else has already moved on to the video game.

Also that video makes it looks like the new controller causes RSI (until the end) :lol: