Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

"SUPER NINTENDO MINI" ANNOUNCED! (SOLD OUT WITHIN 24 HOURS!)

Post by Jasper »

EB Games have now completely SOLD OUT of the SNES Mini! :cry:

This is incredible considering EB Games would have gotten the largest amount of stock of any retailer in Australia - and they completely sold out within 24 hours. Also the NeoGAF SNES Mini thread has gone insane (it's grown to almost 200 PAGES in just one day - with people bitching about missing out, as it's now mostly sold out globally). :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you want one (either for yourself, or to make some fast money by selling it on eBay for at least three times the amount), you better pre-order ASAP through JB Hi-Fi, because apparently they are also super close to selling out and will stop taking pre-orders sometime today. :P
EB GAMES HAS SOLD OUT OF NINTENDO CLASSIC MINI: SNES CONSOLES ALREADY

Well, that didn’t take long at all. EB Games has sold out of the Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES already. No doubt EB Games would be getting the biggest allocation of systems, so that’s a lot of SNES Mini that is pre-sold out.

Luckily at the time of writing both JB Hi-Fi and The Gamesmen are taking orders. Our sources have told us that some JB Hi-Fi stores are reaching allocation levels and will probably stop taking orders later today.

http://www.vooks.net/eb-games-sold-nint ... s-already/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Re: "SUPER NINTENDO MINI" ANNOUNCED! (SOLD OUT WITHIN 24 HOU

Post by Jasper »

Too late! :wink:

JB Hi-Fi just SOLD OUT! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

And now Retropie sales will go through the roof :lol:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Have 2 ordered and have the NES mini. Now I have to decide which mini I will pull apart and use the case to mod the retropie. Retropie cases are so damn ugly, so jamming a retropie in one of these cases will look way better.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

The real question is whether the SNES Mini will outsell the Xbox One X? :lol:
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Two preordered.

One destined for eBay. Still annoyed I missed out on the NES Classic. I was like Homer wanting to meet Mr T.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

INSANITY! THOUSANDS OF JAPS STILL LINING UP TO BUY A SWITCH!

Post by Jasper »

Those poor Japs.... :cry:

Even months after launch, literally THOUSANDS line up in Japan WEEK AFTER WEEK to try and purchase a Nintendo Switch! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Stores are still having to resort to a lottery system. The way it works is stores will announce that they received a new shipment of Switch units, then people have to line up outside the store - and each person is given a strap to wrap around their wrist (the straps each have an individual raffle number).

Later in the day, the people who had their raffle number drawn will be contacted and are lucky enough to return to the store to purchase a Nintendo Switch.

JESUS CHRIST...just wait until Splatoon 2 launches in about 3 weeks. It's going to be absolutely MAYHEM!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Re: INSANITY! THOUSANDS OF JAPS STILL LINING UP TO BUY A SWI

Post by MiNiStRy »

Jb still have the mini up for pre order.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/453353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flipswitch
que
que

INSANITY! THOUSANDS OF JAPS STILL LINING UP TO BUY A SWITCH!

Post by flipswitch »

Cheers for that. Just ordered the Butter Chicken. :thumbsup:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NINTENDO ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE "SUPER NINTENDO MI

Post by Candy Arse »

emptyvessel wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:I won't be buying one. I own the real thing and a great collection of mint CIB games inc. most of this list :)
I've got every game on this list, 90% of them CIB, and I'll still be buying it. SNES is life.
You know what, you're right. One of the top....3? Consoles ever released.

Just pre-ordered through JB and will be a nice little brother for the real thing in my soon-to-be-complete setup :up:
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I pre-ordered but haven't decided if I'm in or not. If I back out, its a clean $100 profit, minimum, to add to my real retro game collection, when I sell it.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

EB Games / JB Hi-Fi / The Gamesmen all SOLD OUT!!! :cry:

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

ITT people who complained about the xbox one X are willing to pay $120 for a >2 decades old machine with a limited games library.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Most of the games in this limited library are literally better than every XBONE game ever released.

SNES also has nostalgic value. XBONE is the shittest console in 20+ years :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

People can spend their money however way they want. I just find it odd that value-conscious people are buying these.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Madmya wrote:I just find it odd that value-conscious people are buying these.
To be honest, it does seem a few here are buying it - simply to then sell on eBay for at least three times the RRP price. :wink:

It's basically a guaranteed $200 to $300 minimum profit for very little effort. The damn thing was just announced, and it's already popping up on eBay for hundreds of dollars more than the RRP. :P

After it's released and discontinued, they will easily go for half a grand or more - just like the NES Mini is now selling for on eBay... :shock:

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY WINS GAME CRITICS AWARDS E3 BEST OF SHOW

Post by Jasper »

CONGRATULATIONS NINTENDO!!! :up: :up: :up:

ImageImage
ImageImage

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY just won the Game Critics Awards E3 2017 BEST OF SHOW!!! :up:

Note that the Game Critics Awards is the most prestigious E3 awards of any of the E3 awards (e.g. IGN, Eurogamer). Furthermore, this is the second year in a row that Nintendo have won the Game Critics Awards Best of Show (last year's winner was The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild). :)

In addition to Super Mario Odyssey winning GAME OF THE SHOW, it also won BEST CONSOLE GAME and BEST ACTION ADVENTURE GAME.

Also Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle won BEST ORIGINAL GAME and BEST STRATEGY GAME, whilst Metroid: Samus Returns won BEST HANDHELD GAME.

In all, Nintendo won more awards than any other game developer/publisher! :P

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY WINS GAME CRITICS AWARDS E3 BEST OF

Post by Candy Arse »

Mario Odyssey - that's the one that runs at 720p, sub-60fps with graphical glitches all over the place that the gaming public doesn't like as much as Sony's Spider-Man, right?
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Madmya wrote:ITT people who complained about the xbox one X are willing to pay $120 for a >2 decades old machine with a limited games library.
Madmya wrote:People can spend their money however way they want. I just find it odd that value-conscious people are buying these.
Yeah, I can't flog a One X for massive profits on eBay.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Madmya wrote:People can spend their money however way they want. I just find it odd that value-conscious people are buying these.

In free market system things are just worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/freemarket.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I have an old second hand N64 and it's been used and you have a N64 mini which is brand new n64 that has all the games in tiny form you could argue that having lots of amazing games on tiny thing is worth more than the original second hand machine which is used and requires you place big chunks of plastic into the slot which wears it out everytime you change the game and takes up more space. :)

Comic books have this problem too.

If you have the first print, then your version is seen as worth more because it's the older edition. (it was the ORIGINAL) The newer reprinted version is somehow not seen as good even though it is likely better condition version of the old comic.

If people think something is worth a lot of money, and willing to pay for it and accept it for value, then it IS worth that money.

When you buy illegal stuff it's not considered the REAL THING. I can buy bootleg transformers masterpiece toys right now which are almost the same quality as the original hasbro stuff. But if you tried to sell that to a hardcore transformer collector he would instantly recognises that as a knock-off and it would not be worth the same as the Hasbro/Takra original even though in some bootlegs the copy has more printed detail on it. It's not THE ORIGINAL.

We live in strange world. BTW I love high quality bootleg toys, and think they are worth as much in terms of quality as the originals if you remove the moral argument that you are hurting the original creators. But if I were a collector, I would never offer the same amount since it wouldn't count as having complete collection however. It doesn't mean someone ELSE wouldn't see value in the bootleg. And this is people go crazy over the original vs fake. They feel like you were there for the creators at the time when they needed your fan money. If you bought the fake one, you were a fake fan. Perhaps that is the reason people line up for this stuff? I see it as just nostalgia. If SNES and NEO GEO gave them happy memories as a kid, then seeing it again also provides happiness. You can't put price on that. It's OFFICIAL, ITS ORIGINAL. The bootleg might even be better than the originals (see below) but it's not the REAL THING according to fans.

I think the advantage of owning them is to not wear out the originals and keep the originals safe and in good condition. These little things allow fans to give nintendo new money while enjoying some convenience (especially if you don't want to buy a homeconsole to play them on the shop) Maybe nintendo starts a new program where they release sequels to these old games using SNES graphics?

And Jasper what is the likelyhood of us getting secret of mana 1-3 on the local eshop? Only the first one released to europe which is a shame. Back then JRPG were still a niche in the west and companies thought the JRPG would fail if brought over. That has changed a lot since the 16-bit days. All the great games that didn't get a release outside japan need to be considered for localisation.

Related:
example of a high quality bootleg actually beating (but without trailer) the original masterpiece Optimus Prime collector's toy. This poses the question: Does this make them worth more?:
[youtube][/youtube]
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Switch Tax is a thing.

Post by t0mby »

Maybe Jasper can tell us why Switch versions of multiplatform games are more expensive on the Switch.

Battle Chasers - Switch $39.99

Battle Chasers - PS4 $29.99

:lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:
Madmya wrote:I just find it odd that value-conscious people are buying these.
To be honest, it does seem a few here are buying it - simply to then sell on eBay for at least three times the RRP price. :wink:

It's basically a guaranteed $200 to $300 minimum profit for very little effort. The damn thing was just announced, and it's already popping up on eBay for hundreds of dollars more than the RRP. :P

After it's released and discontinued, they will easily go for half a grand or more - just like the NES Mini is now selling for on eBay... :shock:

Tell nintendo to put Star Fox 2 on Switch and Secret of Mana 1-3 on Switch please.

You are one of the executives . And tell nintendo to please add chrono trigger to SNES Mini if you want to make loads of money. SNES Mini type B needs to be made with different games on it. There are simply too many amazing SNES games to just do one SNES Mini imo
Last edited by GameHED on 29 Jun 2017 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

t0mby wrote:Maybe Jasper can tell us why Switch versions of multiplatform games are more expensive on the Switch.

Battle Chasers - Switch $39.99

Battle Chasers - PS4 $29.99

:lol:
An extra $20 here in Australia.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

So i suss out ebay, thinking about selling my Mini NES. I checkout the price that they are ACTUALLY selling for and to my surprise not $600 more like around $150-$300. The higher selling ones are hacked consoles with more games on it. So i guess there is a HUGE difference on ebay when people talk about asking price and selling for. So yeah its not really worth selling the mini
Last edited by guttermouth on 29 Jun 2017 01:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Compiled is a list of games I would like to see if they do a SNES Mini second release:

Super Street Fighter II
Megaman X 2
Megaman X 3
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Final Fight 3
Ninja Turtles (konami beat em up)
Chrono Trigger
Pilot Wings
Super Double Dragon (one of the best in the double dragon series imo)
AxeLay (Konami vertically scrolling shooter)
Super R-Type
Super Smash TV (the twin stick shooter that happens to work quite well with SNES pads and only 4 face buttons)
Super Bomberman (even without multi-tap it's fun)
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Ninja Warriors
Saturday Night Slam Masters (capcom wrestling game featuring Mike Haggar)
UN Squadron
Breath of Fire 1
Breath of Fire 2

Some other games to consider other than these:
King of Dragons, Demon's Crest, Sunset Riders, Super Turrican, The Lost Vikings (blizzard classic) The Lost Vikings 2, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (konami's answer to gauntlet with survival horror style gameplay) Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken (mech shooting game by konami) Earthworm Jim, Super Gradius (swap ninja turtles with this if you can't have the Ninja Turtles license)

So many games to add that probably wounldn't get on there but fans of SNES would love to see added. Would be interesting to see if one day nintendo makes a dedicated retro system that is not as expensive as switch or 3DS but only plays retro games from the past and you just buy the roms like you do with amiibos. The time has come to think about this. (how it would work is something akin to the way the neogeo X Gold worked where they have these volumes and each volume has a few games on it so you can add to the library of games on the mini if you want to boost the total that came with it. All the people that couldn't buy a mini would jump right on this.

SNES was the era of almost-perfect arcade conversions:
the most addictive SNES game I owned:
Game with the best title screen music: (almost as good as Commando on the C64. Makes for an excellent ringtone because it's short)