Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: MARIO KART 8 SWITCH ~ MC SCORE 94 ~ BEST RACER IN 16 YEA

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:I like how the fucker is now supposedly ignoring me, after he was busted yesterday saying I was already on his ignore list...yet he was still replying to my posts. :redface:

This should be fun! Let's see how long he's going to last until he snaps and takes me of his ignore list. I am like a siren from Greek mythology....no man can ignore me forever! :keke:

Candy = the Amy Schumer of gamesranch. Can't say anita sarkesian anymore because she is stopping the tropes series attacking gamers)
GUYS MY PUSSY SMELLLLLSSS SOOOOO BADDD UHHH JUST SMELL THIS THING UGHH LIKE REALLY MY PUSSY IS JUST STINKING UP THE PLACE GOD THIS PUSSY IS JUST SOOOOO BAD UGH SMELL MY PUSSY! rubs pussy UHHH YOU KNOW ME SMELLY PUSSY GAL. MY HUSBAND COULDNT HANDLE MY PUSSY MY HUSBAND WONT EAT MY PUSSY CAUSE IT SMELLS SO BAD RIGHT!? I MEAN I FOUND DEAD RATS IN THAT THING HAHA SO I TOTALLY BET BLACK GUYS WOULD EAT THIS STANKASS PUSSY RIGHT UP RIGHT? FREE PUSSY RIGHT HERE HAHA THATS RIGHT ME AND MY SMELLY PUSSY JUST STINKIN UP THE PLACE. THATS RIGHT PRETTY GROSS HUH? IM NOT LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS. I CAN BE ICKY! I CAN TOTAL NAIL THAT CUTE QUIRKY TOMBOY ACT RIGHT? I'M NOT AFRAID OF MY BODY. I DON'T WASH MY PUSSY AND THATS WHY ITS STINKY! HEHE STINKY PUSSY BY THE WAY IF MY SPECIAL IS A FAILURE ITS TOTALLY THE NAZI TROLLS. THOSE DAMN NAZIS. ITS NOT MY COMEDY THATS BAD, ITS NOT PATHETIC TO BLAME INTERNET GHOST NAZIS FOR MY ONE HOUR MONOLGUE ABOUT MY SMELLY PUSS. BTW HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT HOW BAD MY PUSSY SMELLS!?

Yes he laughs at himself a lot because he can't get enough friends to spar him in fighting games but his routine of "you are on ignore therefore I win. Nya nya nya nya naaa I'm a social justice fag that can chant anything I want while not hearing you speak" just isn't working. You are letting the console machine fans make easy wins because you are trying the same routine and people are still buying console games. :up:

We know you are a SJW who needs safe spaces but it becomes unhealthy for your PC community to ignore victories in the console space.

For instance did you know that MvC Infinite has a retard mode included in the games? Weren't you the one making fun of retard modes for SF2 Ultra Turbo?? Hmmmmmmmm looks like that one backfired on you huh?

As I said when you only have one routine it stops being funny. You are losing credibility because you defended EA so much in the Mass Effect thread and called everyone crazy for underscoring it and giving it 7s even though those were not haters of ME series but fans who are used to high quality products from the Bioware name. It would be the equivalent of a nintendo Triple A title (flagship game) getting only 6-7 scores across the board.

Come on admit it, you are losing the and the console gamers are winning. One day you will admit this when you are drunk at the tournaments you have with the 5 year old xbox live kids and regret this.

-The Switch is selling well.

-Zelda Breath of the Wild is getting 10s across the board (including from your fave reviewer Jeff Gerstmann who you rely on to give 8.8 to any nintendo games that come out)

-Console games sales are amazing (horizon Zero Dawn - proof that weak underpowered console peasant machines can have amazing exclusives forcing you to get off your pc for a change to sample closed platform excellence)

-EA is forced to finally give into the fans demand to fix the product they release (sad day for you because you want to kill the game industry by lowering quality enough to maximise profits nad hire cheap workers that will not perform as well as the expensive ones who will care about the quality and their careers when they have to abandon EA and explain why the game they worked on previously got 7s on metacritic in their next job interview after EA finally kills bioware)

The silent majority has spoken Candy.
I know it must be hard for you because we are winning. But its time you accept the red pill and awakened. You want the Switch to fail. You want EA to buy nintendo so you can play zelda officially on pc. You want EB games to shut down so you have to buy everything from Origin or whatever service you support. It's not happening because the public knows you are bad for gaming biz. We want the seal of quality. We want finished games on release. We want Switch to sell well. We think closed platforms have benefits. (Horizon Zero Dawn is exclusive to sony closed platform machines, which means you can't throw out consoles like you wish you could. Consoles are winning and the used game biz continues on so poor kids can trade in their old EA games to buy nintendo ones. Must suck to be EA nuthugger like you are..

related:
MvC can be played by utter retards (which means it's a good things for the normies who want to play fighters but expect story and arcade and tutorials to teach them the game like any other arcade fighter in modern day)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... essibility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^
why is this relevent? Because candy arse made fun of Super Street Fighter 4 on the 3DS for having shortcuts to do special moves in the past. Now that shortcuts are in MvC infinite, why is he so silent about that? Because it's not coming to the fucking Switch. Fucking hypocrite. No wonder Boomy disagree with him and think Witcher 3 is overrated. (he is thinking for himself which shows the mind control has worn off) Candy Arse is slowly losing support. His PC community is also angry that secretly he plays Zelda Breath of the Wild on the bus when they are not looking. (forcing him to be a closet nintendo fag because he ackownledges how good it is but for political reasons must never say it or he will anger his buddies who hate nintendo and want to pirate the games due to being too poor to buy games.) By putting me on ignore it shows to them he is not listening to us but in reality he secretly has to. (there is not enough activity on the boards to make it possible to ignore active users here unlike the popular boards with hundreds of contributors) He is pretending to uignore for political reasons to not make his PC elite community abandon him for liking console titles that are exclusive to cloased machines. Sneaky traitor..
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

If you have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, you have got to give it a go playing it in docked mode with just the joy-cons. :shock:

The HD Rumble is fucking awesome!!!! :up:

Things like collecting coins...boosting...drifting...etc...it all really does show off Nintendo's brand new rumble technology and how much better it is than standard rumble.

Even small things like driving over grass, or pebbles, or dirt etc...the superior "HD Rumble" is very noticeable. :)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Think I'll wait for the superior 4K PC version.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Ignore him Jasper he is a closet nintendo fag pretending he is for the PC master race cause.

Think of it like Starscream in transformers.
Megatron = PC master race.
Candy is Starscream who betrays them by contributing to nintendo discussions and pretending he is ignoring us.
One day the Master race will find out he is a closet nintendo fanboy and kick him out of the club. They keep him around out of fear of not knowing what he is planning and conspiring to do in secret.

I figured out that is why he isn't ignoring you. It took a long time but I think I get it. This must be why he seems a bit schizophrenic in his behavior. One hand he is praising Zelda, then on another hand he is saying it only is worth a 7. But then you wonder why the fuck did he buy the fucking game? He could have played it on PC free!!! But nooo he bought it. That shows he loves nintendo more than you and is jealous that you are working there while he is working at EA as their PR guy on these boards. It totally makes sense. He is a traitor to his own bloody race.
By careful of him he wants you to be stabbed at the next meeting he has with you. Do NOT attend any tournaments or he may try to take you out of the picture like Starscream trying to backstab Megatron for power.

Very sneaky. He once told me that he was ignoring me then I found out he followed me into the conrpiacy thread minutes after I had entered. Ready to follow me wherever I go. Never trust what he says. Maybe just take the bits you can prove are true and then that is it. Throw out the rest. You are the nintendo Ad. He is the EA ad. He wantss to be both Nintendo ad and EA ad so he can get money from both. Very greedy...I like to solve these mysteries about his weird behavior. What might look like he wants to fuck you in the butthole, by meeting you in person could be a set up to get you killed so he can take your job on games ranch of telling us about nintendo news. (like the old guy in Robocop who invented the ED-209 and felt threatened by the rival project made by the younger guy who seemed to have the favour of the boss of OCP ie Omni Consumer Products.) Don't let him censor the news. It keeps the thread at the top and competes with news about EA games which sink everytime you post something new. Keep up the reporting.
Last edited by GameHED on 30 Apr 2017 02:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Candy Arse wrote:Think I'll wait for the superior 4K PC version.
Jesus Christ...you need some new material. :redface:

The sad thing is I know everybody else here (well, except for your puppet t0mby) is thinking the exact same thing (just how grossly unfunny & predictable you've become), but for some reason everyone except for me is too afraid to tell you. :?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

As long as he is buying nintendo games, he is showing that he loves nintendo. You can't take Zelda PC pirate edition with you on the street or sneak it into work while the boss isn't watching you. The PC version is too bulky. You need to remind him of this shit. That is why it's selling so well. Yes you will probably see emulators of these games but nobody is going to chose that when travelling. I still remember he predicted it would fail. His prediction didn't come true. So the forum is slowly losing faith in him as a unbiased influencer. Games that were once PC exclusive series like Elder scrolls now appear on consoles. And now for the first time you can see Skyrim on Switch. That is amazing change in atittude to consoles as little kids machines. PC gamers hate that shit. It means they wasted all their money on expensive graphics cards when they could have played console exclusive and now consoles are getting once-PC-Exclusive series to console machines. This frightens the shit out of him because he is the member of PC master race club. You got to remember that when games like Red Dead Redemption are not available on PC, it messes with his mind. "Why the fuck are these peasants getting all the 10 out of 10 games!>!>!> ARRRgh My brain can't take it! I spent lots of money buying a new graphics card"

:lol:

Witcher 3 being made into an open world title and admitted by CD Projekt Red as only possible because it was made for console platforms and not PC only, was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was the thing that I think drove him insane so now all he does is repeat: "Looking forward to playing on PC"

That's all he has left. When he should be worried that consoles shouldn't be getting these PC titles on them. But yet they ARE!! And that is the thing I have been warning him about for ages: If the PC platform is too open, it means easy to pirate games right? If PC games make less money than console games, why would triple A big budget shit go there exclusively when closed platforms like consoles can make more money overall due to people being less dishonest and actually paying for games. (whether it second hand or first hand)

This is important to consider because consoles can do a lot of things PC used to do exclusively. That's why they feel so threatened by us and how he now needs to create a safe space by puting us on ignore. But all we are doing is telling the truth. He can't handle the truth. We like PC too but the fact is peasants are growing and outnumbered PC guys which is leading to a revolution. (ie more mature gritty adult games go to consoles now unlike in the past when it was always about mascots and platform games only)
Last edited by GameHED on 30 Apr 2017 02:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

GameHED wrote:Ignore him Jasper he is a closet fag pretending he is for the PC master race cause.

Candy Arse is a "closet fag"...BAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol:

Well i'll be off Games Ranch for the rest of the day, busy telling everyone Candy's dirty little secret... :keke:

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only have each other to talk to now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Why is everything overpriced on eshop? We know games cost more to manufacture on cartridge, but what's the excuse for digital?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Protect bricks and mortar shops unfortunately. If they priced games like Steam or GOG the shops would go under.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

They seem to have thought of everything except how to party up and then go online with randoms. It's the first thing my son and I tried to do. I don't think it can be done. If anyone knows a way, please let me know.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Has anyone else's Switch fan go crazy when you first put on the device? It goes at full speed for about 5 minutes or so.

I'm also getting the faulty battery indicator bug. Battery percentage doesn't display correctly. It could drain really fast in portable mode, put it back away , turn it on the next day and the battery would be another percentage. Or charge it for hours and go to check it and nothing has charged.

See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... +indicator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might be a firmware bug so it could be fixed, hopefully.

Official Nintendo forum thread on it. Lots of people experiencing it.

https://goo.gl/v9ziU0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

YES!!!...YES!!!...YES!!!

It's finally here! :up:

Every year, UNIQLO pick a major franchise and create a themed t-shirt collection. Previous years have included the likes of Disney, Star Wars, etc...and 2017 is the year of NINTENDO! :D

The following t-shirts will go on sale soon at UNIQLO stores globally. :up:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think more people are concerned with their defective hardware than they are effeminate t-shirts they wouldn't be seen wearing in public.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You're just fucking furious that Nintendo collaborated with Uniqlo - a Japanese clothing giant who don't make clothing for people as beefy as you. :redface:

Sorry babes, but Uniqlo is for the slim & slenders of the world only. No "WELCOME TO UNIQLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" store greeting for you... :cry:

Though i'm sure if Nintendo had collaborated with Lowes instead, you would be singing a different tune.... :lol:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: IT'S THE YEAR OF NINTENDO AT UNIQLO (NINTENDO T-SHIRT'S!

Post by Candy Arse »

Never heard of them - but if they're making clothes designed specifically for potato-shaped Nintendo pedobears, it's probably for the best :lol:

Nice attempt at distracting from the Switch hardware defects, by the way!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You have got to be fucking kidding me. You've never heard of Uniqlo? :shock:

Uniqlo is a multi-billion dollar empire - being one of the world's largest fashion brands, with over 30,000 employees and almost 1000 Uniqlo stores across the world (including Australia). How the fuck can somebody not have heard of Uniqlo? :?

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Do they make that foundation that Suzanne Paul sells on the infomercial channel?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:You have got to be fucking kidding me. You've never heard of Uniqlo? :shock:

Uniqlo is a multi-billion dollar empire - being one of the world's largest fashion brands, with over 30,000 employees and almost 1000 Uniqlo stores across the world (including Australia). How the fuck can somebody not have heard of Uniqlo? :?

They make clothes for out-of-shape Nintendo spuds like yourself, not muscular "I don't skip leg day" alpha males like me.

A simple rule I live by - if a Nintendo pedobear wears it, I do not.

When do we expect Nintendo to do a recall due to these defective units, btw?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DLC DETAILS UNVEILED

Post by Jasper »

Firstly starting today, a dual audio option update is available for BOTW. :up:

This means you can choose your preferred audio language [Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian and Russian], and even have the option of simultaneously having a different language used for on-screen text (for example play the game with Japanese audio, but English text). :)

Now for the details for DLC PACK 1 which is due for release soon (note though that PACK 2 which is due for release later this year, is the major DLC pack featuring a brand new dungeon, new original story, etc..) :shock:

DLC PACK 1...
Trial of the Sword
When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.

Hero's Path Mode
This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

Hard Mode
In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

Travel Medallion
Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.

More Armor
There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.

Korok Mask
The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. While wearing this mask, it shakes whenever Link is near a hidden Korok location. There are 900 Koroks hiding in Hyrule, so this should help you discover quite a few of them.

Additional Masks/Costumes...

Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Re: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DLC DETAILS UNVE

Post by Hercy »

I haven't played Zelda in over a month. God this game was overrated.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

:orly:

IGN: 10/10

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a masterclass in open-world design and a watershed game that reinvents a 30-year-old franchise. It presents a wonderful sandbox full of mystery, dangling dozens upon dozens of tantalizing things in front of you that just beg to be explored. I’ve had so many adventures in Breath of the Wild, and each one has a unique story behind what led me to them, making them stories on top of stories. And even after I’ve spent more than 50 hours searching the far reaches of Hyrule, I still manage to come across things I haven’t seen before. I’ll easily spend 50 to 100 more trying to track down its fascinating moments.

DigitalChumps: 10/10

This is it, folks. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Nintendo’s Magnum Opus. It’s not only the best Zelda game ever created, it’s also one of the very best videogames in the history of the art. Games like this are so rare that it would be impossible to classify it as anything other than a masterpiece. Experience it at all costs.

EDGE: 10/10

The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven't felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place.

GameSpot: 10/10

No matter how gorgeous its environments are, how clever its enemies are, and how tricky its puzzles get, the fact that Breath of the Wild continues to surprise you with newfound rules and possibilities after dozens of hours is by far its most valuable quality. It's a game that allows you to feel gradually more and more empowered yet simultaneously manages to retain a sense of challenge and mystery-which, together, creates a steady, consistent feeling of gratification throughout the entire experience. Breath of the Wild is a defining moment for The Legend of Zelda series, and the most impressive game Nintendo has ever created.

Eurogamer: Essential

All that has been either swept aside or remade from first principles. It's hard to overstate the courage and conviction with which producer Eiji Aonuma, director Hidemaro Fujibayashi and their team have rewritten their own work, and the size of the risk Nintendo has taken with a beloved property. Breath of the Wild isn't just the most radical departure from the Zelda tradition in its 30-year history, it's the first Nintendo game that feels like it was made in a world where Half-Life 2, Halo, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Skyrim happened. It's inspired by those greats and others, but it doesn't ape them any more than it rests on its own laurels. And if we're talking inspirations, we have to recognise one game above all others, an uncompromising adventure from 1986 that dared to take gaming off the rails, that put a whole world beyond the TV screen and invited the player to explore it: the original Legend of Zelda.

GiantBomb: 5/5

Nintendo may have changed so many long-standing traditions of the Zelda franchise, but the spirit of discovery is as strong as it’s ever been no matter your age. I didn’t think I’d feel the Zelda magic this strongly ever again, but I couldn't be happier to be proven wrong.

GamesRadar: 5/5

The series has always had something of a fairytale quality to it - its grand landscapes and worlds suggestive of so much more. The sight of dawn over a shimmering lake. The rolling plains of Hyrule Field stretched out beneath you. It speaks to our imaginations, calling us on to adventure. What a familiar feeling to look across Hyrule Field at Death Mountain, wondering what it would be like to climb it. What a profound thrill to make that journey in its entirety. It has taken 18 years, but Nintendo has done it again: this is the adventure game to beat.

Polygon: 10/10

I guess, in the end, it’s not just that Breath of the Wild signals that Zelda has finally evolved and moved beyond the structure it’s leaned on for so long. It’s that the evolution in question has required Nintendo to finally treat its audience like intelligent people. That newfound respect has led to something big, and different, and exciting. But in an open world full of big changes, Breath of the Wild also almost always feels like a Zelda game — and establishes itself as the first current, vital-feeling Zelda in almost 20 years.

God is a Geek: 10/10

I do not say this lightly: Breath of the Wild is an absolute masterpiece, and may well be the best The Legend of Zelda game ever made. Having grown up playing those first games as a child on a system I remember fondly, it feels extra special to be playing a new Zelda on a new console and this is everything I wanted it to be and more. I won’t forget Breath of the Wild for a long time, because it’s a memorable, beautiful, stunner of a game.

Kotaku: Open-World Perfection

And as you talk about Breath of the Wild with your friends, there’s one word that will rarely if ever come up: “can’t.” Stories about the new Zelda will instead revolve around what you can do. How you climbed all the way to the top of the Temple of Time just for kicks, or how you parachuted down to the lowest point of Hyrule to see what kind of secrets you’d find there. How you found a brilliant method to brute-force your way through the freezing, snowy mountains, or how you set a forest on fire just to see if you could.

Or, how you tried something as ridiculous as flipping over a maze so you wouldn’t have to solve it, and the game somehow let you finish the puzzle anyway. Breath of the Wild is the best Zelda game to date, and it accomplishes that simply by saying yes.

US Gamer: 5/5

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an amazing game. As someone who loves open-world games, this is one of the best out there. As someone who enjoys the Zelda series, I honestly think I can say the same thing again. Nintendo has brought together a number of different ideas and mechanics, but integrated them into something that stands on its own. It's the kind of game where I don't want Nintendo to do something completely different for the next Zelda. I want more of this.

Destructoid: 10/10

This isn't your typical boiler plate open world cash grab, rife with to-do lists and busywork. Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an evolution of the formula for both eastern and western philosophies alike, and a new blueprint.

The Verge: No Score

This new direction, and shaking up of the age-old formula that has come to define the series, helps Breath of the Wild return to what made Zelda so beloved in the first place. More so than just about any game series, Zelda’s heart lies in exploration, that moment of seeing a towering mountain in the distance and realizing that eventually you’ll be able to reach the top. Breath of the Wild takes this idea, cuts out the fluff, and expands upon it. It pulls ideas from other games, like crafting or survival, yet makes them feel perfectly at home in its beloved universe. It’s exactly the Zelda game I’ve been waiting for.

Game Revolution: 5/5

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is orders of magnitude larger than any Zelda game before it, presenting more things to do within its world than ever before. This is the sort of game that captures your interest for more than a month, temporarily making you forget about any other game you were previously interested in.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild isn’t just good, it’s the best launch title I’ve ever played. It will single-handedly validate the purchase of the Switch for many people, and given the device's $299 price tag that's a huge accomplishment.

Congratulations Nintendo, you just earned my first ever perfect score.

Trusted Reviews: 5/5

If there’s a better game out there than Breath of the Wild, I haven’t played it. Nintendo has created, for me, the greatest game of all time. It’s everything I want from a game and one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had.

With the incredible variety of gameplay on offer, it’s understandable why Nintendo cleared the Switch launch schedule for Zelda. There’s a good chance you’ll be absorbed in everything it has to offer all the way up until the release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

For me, there isn’t a better experience to be found on the Switch or anywhere else.

Dual Shockers: 10/10

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is no mere Zelda game — it is a return to form for the decades-old series, showing that Nintendo still very much understands how to handle their property. Breath of the Wild rivals Super Mario 64 for the best launch game ever shipped with any console. With no exception, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a masterclass in game design and creativity, unprecedented from even Nintendo.

GameInformer: 10/10

Breath of the Wild is an achievement in the design of a living world. Hyrule is massive, with multiple environmental systems layered on top of a grand adventure. Despite the massive scope of the game, Breath of the Wild retains Nintendo’s knack for polish without any major technical hiccups to disrupt the experience. I was entranced by this version of Hyrule, and it surprised me at nearly every turn, from its wealth of discoveries to the way it shuns the established tropes of previous Zelda games. It represents a profound new direction for one of gaming’s best franchises and a new high point for open-world interactive experiences.

VentureBeat: 100/100

Nintendo has made a special video game in Breath of the Wild. As the name suggests, it is a breathing wilderness that Nintendo brought to life by abandoning the structured, predictable Zelda formula. At the same time, it feels like the ultimate culmination of the ideas we encountered in the first Zelda in 1987. And I think the result of all of its interlocking systems is a game that wants to slam you with moments of epiphanies. For me, my experience with Link’s Awakening was about getting that one major flash of insight and then using that to understand the rest of the game and then the rest of the Zelda series. For Breath of the Wild, Nintendo made a game that could replicate that moment over and over.

TIME: 5/5

Though in the end, most of what drives Breath of Wild to soar the highest this series ever has, comes down to quintessential Nintendo: daring to zig where others zag, crafting a sublime experience that's also a virtuoso commentary on the yin-yang of freedom and constraint. That an odyssey this beguiling and capacious happens to also be playable on planes, trains and, yes, the toilet, is almost beside the point.

WIRED: No score

I haven’t finished Breath of the Wild yet. It’s scale is unprecedented for a Zelda game, and it encourages you to move slowly. I want to honor that. And while I fear that the sheer breadth of the experience might ultimately push some players away, I’m relishing my time spent in this hushed, half-dead Hyrule. After thirty years of The Legend of Zelda, I’m delighted that the series has finally lost its way again.

VG247: No Score

Polished to a ludicrous degree, this is a different kind of game but still one that gives Ocarina of Time a run for its money. After Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, which I found formulaic and awful in turn, it’s quite a stunning change. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is, without a doubt, one of the best games of the last decade. Taming that legacy seemed an impossible task, but they’ve done it.

Gaming Trend: 10/10

I’ve mentioned Ocarina of Time a few times, and there’s a reason – it is the benchmark by which all other Zelda games are tested. Somehow, and beyond all of my expectations, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild exceeds that mark. I can confidently declare that Breath of the Wild is the best Zelda game ever made.

Telegraph: 5/5

And that is Breath of the Wild all over. I went back to transport that flame before finishing this review, you know. What I expected to be a brief milk run turned into a gauntlet against a troop of rangy Moblins, a battle with the elements and even included a neat variation on the classic Zelda fire-arrow puzzle. How apt. Brilliance found in every corner.

Pockelint: No Score

It’s an old cliché that each console generation starts with a game that sells the hardware on its own. It’s also pretty much a lie. Neither the PS4 nor Xbox One launched with must-have games – they followed down the line.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is such a game, however. It has been crafted with so much love, care and attention that you feel just as involved when playing. The sandbox you are given to play in is enormous and the game will eat time like a Sutton United goalkeeper eats pies.

We need Nintendo. You need Breath of the Wild.

Forbes: 10/10

I give the game a resounding Buy on my Buy/Hold/Sell scale. It's one of the best video games I've ever played, and is sure to keep you busy for many hours, days and weeks, exploring this vast, beautiful, unexpected world. I can't speak to the Wii U version, but I'm sure either version will delight and inspire. Don't miss this one, even if you're not a fan of older Zelda games. New fans and old fans alike will find so much to love in this game.

Cubed3: 10/10

This is the pinnacle of adventuring, Zelda style. It takes the core elements that fans know and love from Nintendo's long-standing series, and mixes it smoothly in with gorgeous open-world exploration, to craft something so breath-taking and absorbing that hours upon hours will pass by without notice, and barely any progress will have actually been made in the main story because there were so many other aspects to take in and play around with, as well as sub-missions that fit so naturally into the core quest. Nintendo has outdone itself with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - absolutely sublime work.

Press Start: 10/10

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will go down as one of the best launch titles of all time. It perfectly compliments the Nintendo Switch and highlights why it has the potential to be such a great console. Many have doubted Nintendo’s ability to bring this series into the modern gaming age, but they’ve done that and taken it one step further in creating one of the best open-world action-adventure games ever made.

Stevivor: 10/10

Breath of the Wild is The Legend of Zelda game I didn’t know I always wanted until I starting playing. It’s a disservice to simply label it spectacular, and “must buy” as a Switch launch title is merely a formality. Nintendo promised a lot and left us hanging delay after delay, culminating in a cross-gen switch, but it’s delivered in every sense of the word.

The Guardian: 5/5

But the shrine is a fast travel point, offering you the ability to divert from the trek and easily resume it at a later date. And now you’ve got a hundred rupees, you can entice a Great Fairy out of her hiding place. So you head over there, and chat to her, discovering that she’ll enhance your armour. But you need a few more Hightail Lizards to do so – and so you put the trip to Zora’s Domain on hold again, just for a few more minutes …

You look up, and it’s five hours later, and you don’t care.

App Trigger: 10/10

The Nintendo Switch bursts out of the starting gate with a title like Breath of the Wild. It’s beautiful, emotional, full of surprises and nostalgia, and just flat-out enjoyable to play at every moment. While I have played open world titles before, Breath of the Wild gave me a new sense of control over how my adventure played out, offering me a steady flow of chosen objectives and paths to them without overwhelming me with unnecessary information or bogging me down in sidequests. Mechanically sound, aesthetically pleasing (often breathtaking), challenging but rewarding, Breath of the Wild is a joyous journey you won’t want to put down, just so you can see what’s on the other side of each new hill.

RPG Site: 10/10

This is the most special game Nintendo has made in years - especially for the core game playing audience. It's certainly the most important, interesting and exciting Zelda since OoT and LttP. It is a new all-time classic.

So here we are. How do you deal with a legacy like The Legend of Zelda? Turn it inside out. Borrow from others. Make something mad. And new. And old. And brilliant. I don't know how they did it either - but they did, and it works.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Everything you posted is just proof of it being overrated.

I reckon that in 12 months' time a lot of the mainstream gaming sites will be running articles wondering if their first impressions of the game were overly generous, like with GTA IV.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Let's be honest, your posting history here at Games Ranch shows you don't even like Nintendo. Whenever you have something to say about Nintendo, it's negative. :roll:

BOTW is NOT overrated (the world's leading gaming publications/websites clearly disagree with you - and have collectively crowned BOTW as being one of the best video-games ever made). :)

ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD SETS METACRITIC RECORD FOR MOST AMOUNT OF PERFECT SCORES

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a monumental achievement for Nintendo and video games in general. Critic agree, as the Metacritic data for the game just broke a record.

Breath of the Wild is now the game with the most perfect scores for a single game.

You simply just don't like Nintendo, and are looking for yet another reason to bash them as you always do. :down:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Hercy wrote:I haven't played Zelda in over a month. God this game was overrated.
Yep I dropped it and haven't gone back, don't feel compelled to either.

The only accurate review I've read has been the 7/10 score that got around.