Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: SWITCH IN JUST 9 MONTHS HAS SURPASSED WII U'S LIFETIME S

Post by Jasper »

New trailer below for Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition. :)

Most of you never purchased a Wii U, so you would have missed out on the phenomenal Bayonetta 2...so be sure to pick it up when it releases on the Nintendo Switch in two weeks. :up:

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

So some brand new hands-on impressions of Nintendo Labo have been released, and they are absolutely fantastic! :shock:

I truly believe Labo is going to be a global phenomenon - and am still so impressed by how technically innovative all these cardboard toys are. Nintendo have found a way to utilise all of the Switch's technology (touch screen, speakers, motion sensors, force/haptic feedback, IR camera, bluetooth, NFC chip, etc) and to merge them with cardboard to make fun & innovative toys. :P

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I don’t think this will be safe for kids ( its target audience)

Just imagine the headlines, “ 6yo suffers multiple cuts using a box cutter”.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:It's official! :up:

The Nintendo Switch (in just 9 measly months) has sold more units than the number of Wii U's sold since launching over half a decade ago! :shock: :shock: :shock:

THE NINTENDO SWITCH HAS ECLIPSED THE WII U’S LIFETIME HARDWARE SALES

Nintendo has sold 14.86 million units of the Nintendo Switch in its current fiscal year, according to the company’s own numbers, with 52.57 million units of software sold alongside the system through Dec. 31, 2017.

That’s an amazing accomplishment for a console that’s less than a year old, and it already beats the Wii U’s lifetime sales of 13.56 million units of hardware. The Switch launched worldwide in early March 2017.

The Nintendo Switch (in just 9 measly months) has sold more units than the number of Wii U's sold since launching over half a decade ago! :shock: :shock: :shock:
We told you the WiiU was DOA but you wouldn't believe us. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

All that WiiU pimping for nothing Rocco, he's just trolling himself these days.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

flipswitch wrote:I don’t think this will be safe for kids ( its target audience)

Just imagine the headlines, “ 6yo suffers multiple cuts using a box cutter”.
You actually don't need a box cutter. The shapes are all pre-cut and you just need to push it out of the flat packed cardboard....

And check this out. It's the first time we have ever seen the Joycon's camera in action. The camera also offers "night vision" view and "heat vision" view...

Last edited by Jasper on 02 Feb 2018 05:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Even more Nintendo Labo impressions - again all fantastic. Interesting how all the journalists have the same opinion that the children they brought along to the event absolutely LOVED Nintendo Labo, and enjoyed the process of both making the toys and playing with the toys. :up:

This is going to be fucking HUGE and the Nintendo Switch is again going to have a phenomenal year - with Labo releasing in the first half of 2018, and Pokemon releasing in the second half of 2018! :shock:

With the likes of Mario Kart Deluxe/Zelda BOTW/Mario Kingdom Battle/Splatoon 2/Mario Odyssey already out for Switch, and Switch game releases for this year including Labo/Kirby/Yoshi/Donkey Kong Country/Pokemon...and you're a father who still hasn't bought their child a Nintendo Switch...you can just FUCK OFF YOU DEADBEAT DAD!!! :down:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Re: SWITCH OUTSOLD PS4 & XB1 DURING AMERICA'S HOLIDAY SEASON

Post by Gamma »

Ben wrote:Picked up Celeste on Switch, pretty great fun. Been some tough bits so far but looking forward to more challenges. Surprising amount of heart and charm to the story so far. About 5 stages in and maybs 3hrs or so.

Possibly a little exxy, but I guess I paid the same for Thumper and I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of both.
Celeste is $30 yeah? I still haven't been arsed to get my Switch online but I think this is the tipping point. It appears to be the best version of what by all accounts is a great game. IGN gave it a 10, which is largely unheard of for a 16-bit style game.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Isn’t 30 a bit too expansive? It turned me off when I was doing some research on the game, went to eshop and saw the price. I would most likely suck at it so there’s that.
Ben
Southpoor

Re: SWITCH OUTSOLD PS4 & XB1 DURING AMERICA'S HOLIDAY SEASON

Post by Ben »

Gamma wrote:
Ben wrote:Picked up Celeste on Switch, pretty great fun. Been some tough bits so far but looking forward to more challenges. Surprising amount of heart and charm to the story so far. About 5 stages in and maybs 3hrs or so.

Possibly a little exxy, but I guess I paid the same for Thumper and I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of both.
Celeste is $30 yeah? I still haven't been arsed to get my Switch online but I think this is the tipping point. It appears to be the best version of what by all accounts is a great game. IGN gave it a 10, which is largely unheard of for a 16-bit style game.
Yeah it's $30, I was hoping it was going to be cheaper but having just finished up the main story (looks like a lot of content to go still though) I think it's definitely worth it. Took me about 8hrs to get to the end credits and I wasn't great that's for sure.

Apparently about 20 hrs of content if you want to go through all the extra stuff. If you reckon you'd be done after the main story though (getting to the summit) then maybe wait for a sale. If you enjoy speed running and no death runs I'm sure the amount of time you could get out of it would be greatly expanded.

I'd been on tipping point for something in the pixel-art-twitch-platforming-wall-jumping genre for the switch for a bit now. Tried the slime-San demo which was not bad and a lot cheaper comparitively (about $15), and then with The End is Nigh and Super Meat Boy hitting recently I was just trying to decide which to pull the trigger on.

Outta no-where for me comes Celeste and rave reviews and 10/10s, checked out some videos and then the decision was pretty much made. Looking forward to hunting down the collectibles I've missed and seeing some of the really tough stages.

Also on one final note, the music is absolutely awesome. Not entirely chip tune with some piano and real drums I think but yeah , really liked it. Up there with Fez I reckon.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018- ... -milestone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS4 has surpassed 75 million units sold! Congrats Sony!!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Thanks for the impressions Ben. $30 didn't strike me as expensive, it's a new release game afterall and I had a lot of fun with TowerFall so the developer has earned some goodwill. 8 hours sounds decent, I can see myself getting into the B-Sides and all the rest of it.

Setting up a Nintendo Account was not the shitshow I expected, they're improving!
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah I guess for some reason, maybs the glut of games in pixel art style hampering my opinion here that I thought it would be 15-20 range. I had about $10 of forgotten eshop credit which was cool and made it that price anyhow but that's just luck of my situation. Like I said though having played it to credits so far, and knowing roughly what's ahead $30 is fine.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I think I just had a quick go of the Beyonetta demo on 360 all those years ago and didn’t end up buying it.

Despite my huge backlog of games, I will pick this up digital on eshop. I think this will be great to play in portable mode, and a completely new experience as I have never played them before . I’m enjoying expanding my Switch library, but we need some cloud saves already or a way to backup our saves.

I may not buy anything now because the eshop prices are insane.

$69.95 for one and $49.95 for the other. They should be bundled together for that price.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I think Bayonetta works like the WiiU versions on eshop, I'm not sure what the split is this time since I could have sworn it was $80 rrp on WiiU but Switch seems like it is $90.

Anyways, basically if ya bought B1 on eshop then B2 price will drop down to $30. If you buy B2 first then B1 drops down to like $10. Either way it worked out to be combined cost of $80 which is what the 2pack cost retail.

Like I said though rrp on the switch one is $90 (quickly looking at EB anyways) so I'm not sure if the combined cost will work out to $80 or $90 but there is definitely a discount for buying both digitally.

I'm wondering whether or not eshop code redemption games count as "purchased" or not. You may be able to buy the retail pack, redeem the eshop code for the first game and then hopefully enable the digital discount for the second game. Sell the retail copy to get enough change to buy the second game on discount on eshop and probs some left over :-P
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Oh look...I remembered lestat once mentioned the type of games his children enjoy playing... 8)

lestat wrote:My kids like games with crafting and building

I was reminded of it because a CNET reporter (who doesn't own a Switch) was sent to the Nintendo Labo event...and he brought along his son. :)

After he and his son created and played with Labo...the reporter has decided that Labo ALONE is reason enough to purchase a Nintendo Switch. :up:

It's wonderful to see a father love his child enough to want to make them happy and experience the magic of Nintendo, unlike a certain administrator here at GR (who's kids would absolutely LOVE Nintendo Labo...not to mention love to play phenomenal current and future Switch games like BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Donkey Kong Country, Pokemon, etc). :cry:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I am hardly the greatest but totally stoked to have hit level 50 in Splatoon 2 :D Not sure if I'll be able to make it to 99 and prestige but I'll keep chipping away, still having a lot of fun.

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote:Oh look...I remembered lestat once mentioned the type of games his children enjoy playing... 8)

lestat wrote:My kids like games with crafting and building

I was reminded of it because a CNET reporter (who doesn't own a Switch) was sent to the Nintendo Labo event...and he brought along his son. :)

After he and his son created and played with Labo...the reporter has decided that Labo ALONE is reason enough to purchase a Nintendo Switch. :up:

It's wonderful to see a father love his child enough to want to make them happy and experience the magic of Nintendo, unlike a certain administrator here at GR (who's kids would absolutely LOVE Nintendo Labo...not to mention love to play phenomenal current and future Switch games like BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Donkey Kong Country, Pokemon, etc). :cry:
Yeah I'm sure he really "bought" one. :lol:

As fake as they come.

I'll wait for feedback from real parents/users once it's finally available. He even begrudgingly brings up the durability concerns like I did before. It's a lot of money for cardboard and the games looks very simple tied to it.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

That motorbike game and the piano looks the best to me.

Fans of papercraft will be into that. I remember as a kid I made my own cardboard mechas.
modern example of MK II Monster from macross:

battlestar galactica:

Ultra realistic bike (Yamaha MT-10):

Samus Aran:
Nintendo should create a line of papercraft toys that are not Switch related:

Eg make papercraft Arwing from Starfox along with enemy fighters and see how they sell. What papercraft is good for is to act as diorama for figures. So you have high detail figure in the foreground with papercraft background.
They need to raise funds for the remake of Daggerfall to the Switch.

Link to make your own stuff: (program converts the cg3d model to papercraft which you can then build up)
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/p ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Re: UNIVERSAL PICTURES IS DEVELOPING A SUPER MARIO BROS MOVI

Post by Jasper »

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! :up:

Nintendo & Universal Pictures have officially announced a Super Mario Bros. big budget animated movie is in development by the same studio behind some of the highest grossing animated movie franchises in history, including Despicable Me and Minions. :shock:

Note this is the second Nintendo & Universal Pictures movie in development, with a big budget live action Pokémon movie starring Ryan Reynolds currently filming. Legendary Pictures (Jurassic World, Godzilla, The Dark Knight Rises) are producing the movie, Rob Letterman is the director (Monsters vs. Aliens, Shark Tale) and Nicole Perlman has written the screenplay (Guardians of the Galaxy).

It also makes perfect sense that Nintendo is partnering with Universal Pictures, considering that Super Nintendo World is now under construction at Universal Studios Tokyo, Orlando, and Hollywood.

Super Nintendo World will include Nintendo themed rides, interactive areas, cafes & restaurants, merchandise retail stores, etc. :up:

Universal Studios is actually spending MORE money to develop this theme park, than even the Harry Potter World at Universal Studios (and Super Nintendo World is also going to be BIGGER in size than Harry Potter). :shock:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

GameHED wrote:
battlestar galactica:

I need to find a template and do this.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Fuck that looks awesome for cardboard. This new Labo stuff looks the business!! :o
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah, that Viper has kind of turned me around a bit. I just wonder how it interacts with the Switch.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Who needs a Battlestar Galactica Viper when you can make Nintendo Labo RC cars that can do this... 8)

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

....who indeed.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.