Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Nintendo Discussion Thread

Post by GameHED »

A game I am interested in:

50min of final fantasy explorers on 3DS (square enix answer to monster hunter/fantasy life?):
<--- (sounds like they stole the music from Vega's Stage in street fighter 2)
"handsome fighters never lose"

wouldn't mind this one localised. Probably wont have time after Fantasy life and MH4U out/coming out.

But more life sim/open world jrpg games can never be a bad thing.

What Vita needs is PSO2 ported for nonjapan territories. If they can finally get it done it may help vita sales. Now that 3ds finally has a camera stick of its own vita is losing the one advantage it had over 3ds.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Youtube Kids making money on videos about nintendo games, you need to listen to this guy and fight the game giant if you like freedom:
the nintendo creators program thing is stupid. If nintendo wants to make lots of money they should stop taxing the community and pay the community to talk about the games (this will increase its quality) not have them pay you to advertise your games.

This way you have happy people. Happy people seen playing your games = free ads. Free ads = more kids wanting to play and talk about your games and that encourages others to play together with their buddies.

The only exception to this would be spoilers for puzzle games and story based games which can spoil the experience for those who haven't got far into the game yet but even then it's up to those guys to not look at footage if they want to experience it without spoilers. (what's wrong? don't want to lose money selling game guides? lol)

Greedy corporations need to value customer's relationship more than the $ they get by putting a tax on video producers.

Those who value money more than freedom, you guys are fucked in the mind and one day people will turn against you by encouraging people to boycott nintendo shit. Capcom has the right idea by letting the community cover their games. Why can't nintendo be more like them?

Remember this isn't just about nintendo but overall for the future generation of youtubers. You see if nintendo can get away with censoring vids and being the one to decide if something is acceptable in your vdieo (like if you say something negative about a nitnendo game) other companies will use and abuse that kind of power too. It's less about your ability to make money and more to do with keeping the internet as free as we can.

"It's just videogames. Who cares? There are bigger problems".

Yes but in the future big corporations will eventually own your soul. They want to turn you into robocop and own your body and even have rights over DNA. (look at what monsanto has doen with food and corner the market to try to monopolise bioenergy) Better to fight the cancer now than deal with this stuff in the future when your own ideas are sold to others as if you didn't create them or own it. Start the resistence small and grow. Being a pussy now means abuse for you later.

If you video is genuine criticism of a game, that is where the value lies. Not in the footage of nintendo games.
I think the reason people feel let's play videos is bad is due to the fact that its nothing more than some dude playing the game and it offers no value from the critic. The critic is merely making money on footage of nintendo games not on working hard by supplying genuine commentary that informs people about the game itself.
Playing a game and making money off it disgusts the hardworking people because it sounds like you are making money from someone else and they like the idea that you pay a tax to help the creator of the actual game. (they wish to see you lazy people suffer because they had to make money he hard way lol)

Fair enough, but is that as important as having the freedom to express yourself and react to things? (much of the youtube vids is people reacting to something and that is what people go there originally not for game news)

The money issue isn't as big a deal to me as the freedom to see people's reactions. There is value in seeing for instance a person screw up in a hard game after just making through a long section and then having to repeat it over again. It is sort of like when people watch a game show and the contestant guesses wrong and loses lots of money and the tension before that moment forms part of the entertainment. ie watching what happens next.

Eg Too guys may make a bet for $1000 that they can beat the other guy's score and you genuinely want to watch who wins in the contest and its on youtube as a game show type thing with footage of the two people playing. The reactions people have to losing the money is part of the entertainment value of the video because you want to see his face and the events that lead up to his defeat. There is no commentary about the game, it's just two people playing a game, but its providing some value to those who see it as entertainment more than information about the game. But the game footage is not where the value lies, it's reactions to winning and losing that is why people are viewing it. Do bicycle manufacturers have a right to claim money from footage of two people racing their bicycles in a race up a mountain? No. The value of the video is in the competition between people not images of the bicycles. The sweat of the rider as he grits his teeth in determination to win that money. The trash talking between the two competitors as they try to break the other guy's spirit and make him lose his focus. The final outcome between the competitors who are close to equal in fitness and the celebration of one brand of product over the other. (people may associate the victory of the race with the brand of the bicycle being used, more than who was riding it and the circumstances that lead to the win/fail during the race)

This has some value to viewers because reactions and people are the focus of this as much as the things being used. In many games there are random things that can happen to make victory and defeat unpredictable and people can be happy one minute and angry the next because they thought they were going to kick butt and made a fool of themselves at the last minute costing them the glory and bragging rights. Nintendo wants to own that but the participants are the ones who produced the video and their expressions are part of the value which is where I tend to side with the creators of the videos more than nintendo. In many co-op videogames you may need to record what went wrong and the video isn't supposed to entertain but show others what not to do and help the community understand how to play something better. So even if there is no commentary the footage gives viewers value because it informs them what is going to happen in a game if they let a situation go from bad to worse and can be used as training tool. The effort to make the video is still of value as sharing that experience gives the other guys a chance to learn from mistake. (especially in unforgiving games)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Can anyone recommend a good pouch for the regular new 3ds? My old 3ds case is slightly too small for it so figured I'd see if anyone has picked one up yet. At the moment I've just been slipping it back in its original thin packing material and then that in sunglasses bag. Works pretty well but would like something like the pack-in PSP pouch, no extra storage or bells and whistles, just something to snugly protect it.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Ben wrote:There's a Codename Steam demo out on 3DS eshop. Only had a quick go, kind of makes me think of Gears of War / Advance Wars hybrid.
Over six and a half hours on the demo, and I think I'm done now. So awesome. A long, agonizing wait until May, particularly when the yanks will have it next month. :(
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Wow, gotta say that Metroid Prime controls really nice with the wiimote. I switched to advanced lock controls immediately on the recommendation of folk on reddit and definitely seems like it is the way to go.

Also managed to find a game save that has all of the Nintendo connect 24 stuff unlocked, but nothing actually done other than that. Basically tokens you would have unlocked from online functionality that is now defunct, green tokens that unlock extra artwork et al. I'll post up the link when I find it again, might be useful for any completionists on here planning to unlock everything.

Edit: Here Is that link with explanation on where to get and place the save file.

I forgot to mention that you need an SD card to do it though.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Preordered my limited edition monster hunter 4U New 3DS XL.

Whoa hopefully someone can port duke nukem 64 on the new 3DS so we can play some FPS games on it now.
call it Duke Nukem 64...3D. Because its in 3D now. Not the fake 3D of original game.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Watching a Youtube video of a Nitnedno game is bad for the industry. They recently set up an affiliate program for anyone who wants to use specifically listed approved games to review or discuss on YT. They take 30 to 40 percent of the fifty percent of advertising revenue left after Google take their cut. No other gaming company does that. Thankfully I don't play Nitnedno games anyway so there's no need for me to encourage their greed.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yes that is why I think piracy exists. When you try to help the companies by buying thier games and playing them and freely advertising them by showing people your game vids, they tax your behavior. The poor kids shrug thier shoulders and say "what's the point" and then just cover other games. (make more youtube money that way)

It seems like only the big companies do mean things but the less known ones don't care since they need exposure.

This is why we can't allow big guys to bully small people and take rights away. It's not the money, its the principle. When you let one corporation do it and get away with it they all copy that behavior and this kills incentive to participate because you have to jump through so many hoops. That's why I don't like social networking sites now as the personalities will have to censor thier opinions and behavior to make enough money. It should be nintendo PAYS to have the people put videos up not the other way around. The dinosaurs think footage off you playing a game and competing is stealing money. That is like saying wearing a pair of nike shoes and tracksuit is stealing from nike because you have logo on the clothing when jogging and people showing footage of you jogging in the morning is stealing their property.

In the future the government will jump in and tax internet. And then everyone will have to find a new escape again as behavior is monitored for violations of some code and money is taken off the poor man to keep him down. (probably virtual reality)

I told you in the "feminism is killing gaming" thread that there are rich people who are constantly devising ways to rob people of wealth by getting them hooked on drugs dependent on government for welfare (it means you give up freedom and rights in exchange for protection or control by dictator) so that they have less overall people in the world to compete with.

The blacks had it done to them and now its being done to whites and done globally (making you poorer means more resources for the elites/nwo who eventually want to depopulate the world after they have robbed you)
Big Business (corner the market, have monpoly over an industry then raise cost of living to increase profits) plus Big Government (keep making government bigger to make it hard to run business by making us jump through hoops using bureaucracy and unjust laws to raise money to keep it growing regardless of value) are in cahoots to kill off the freedoms of ordinary people. That's why you need to hold on to guns because when there is not enough wealth to feed everyone, people start getting violent and you need to have weapon for self defence.

If you dare try to escape the control, you will have either bullying you back into conformity or stealing your shit to keep the bully/beast fed so it can grow stronger. If you solve this problem, you will have less need to region lock 3ds, police what you can show on youtube, the need to give half your money to gold digging people, having to pirate a game to escapee drm in pc games etc. The kinect is one such device designed to control us as it can see us in our homes and monitor what we say:
why do these companies invent this shit? Control of your behavior. Cops will eventually be armed with tech that lets them see through walls. The need to remove privacy and freedom is needed to grow power. Pedophiles will eventually work at these companies and use the tech to kidnap your children. Future generations of gamers are already pussified enough. Controlling our behavior is one way to further pussify gamers. Best way is to avoid using the share services. (for instance I don't use mario kart recording feature because it rewards nintendo for doing nothing and you could be sued for stealing in future if you made money off it) It's like lord of the rings: the more power you have, the more others wish to take it off you for themselves to enslave you. Throw their powerful stuff away. Why do we need so many fucking updates for games? Why does everything need to phone home to servers? The system is spying on you to see if you are there in order to keep you in touch constantly nagging you for attention. "You didn't update the last time you turned the console on. Are you busy playing a rival game console instead of me? Huh?" This reminds you that if you are not always connected to thier control mechanism you are treated as suspicious and that is why they put all this spy shit in there. To keep you under their controls. You won't be able to mention how great Sony's "clone of smash bros" is during a smash bros session or nintendo will get mad and remove that video from youtube. You see where this is headed? Total policing of thoughts. When you are playing street fighter if you dare mention King of Fighters, capcom knows you are an ad for rival game companies. Then they act mean and remove the audio of your videos preventing you earning money off youtube.

Nintendo is setting the trend. That's why I tell people to fight that shit. Love the games they make but they are getting free money for doing nothing.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yep, Nitnedno are the absolute worst.

Boycotted.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Yep, making money off someone else's work... How dare the intellectual rights holder get angry at that! They are monsters!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

You, probably rocco and Nitnedno see it one way, the rest of society see it another way.

Edit: as mentioned, these reviews never concern me but the upside is now the most popular, talented and entertaining Youtube reviewers won't touch Nintendo while they try to sting honest people for fair use. Less crap for me to ignore.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

We all have to understand that the internet in general has become more broken as it got more and more 'commercial'.

It's ruined gaming and now companies deliberately release buggy shit on purpose with the belief that it's ok to fix it later after taking your money off you.

and now websites are dumbing down reviews with rating system that makes it hard to tell good games from great games and flawless games that change how we view gaming.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... iew-scores" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they are just doing this to not offend advertisers. 8 was the 'safe' number to not get them angry. By making us read the text of a review it means people inside the comments section can't argue about who got moneyhats and which titles were over-hyped titles that don't deserve the scores they got after intense deep analysis. The scores are just opinions now so its pointless to argue.... argh To them arguing over which game is best is like arguing over your fave color and saying one color is superior to the other.

the "feminism is good for gaming" shit is the straw that will break the camel's back as most of the funnest games involve being macho MGTOW who escapes responsibility to a female gold digging attention seeking woman who wants to be strong by acting male and copying his behavior. (no need for mario to save princess peach in future mario games because she cut her hair short like a boy, doesn't want to bake the cake, and wants power money control over others and not actual equality for everyone regardless of sex. (power for women, less power for men = destruction of society as humans compete against themselves instead of getting along and being productive)

Kids of the future are fucked. Diablo 4 will be drm ridden POS that requires steam. Your xbox 2 will spy at you through the wall-penetrating x ray vision, and bug your house to extract information about your family and tell the illuminati where the hidden stash of guns gold and ammo is kept so its easy to steal before the collapse. Loot the population by finding the secrets then its safe to kill once information is secretly collected about you..

This is what happens when you let the masses try to make hobby like games mainstream and accessible for retarded people. Maps with GPS tracking in rpg set in primitive times, women who want to skip the gameplay and only have story, games that play themselves (final fantasy 13 battles). Fuck the lizards.

The best way to save gaming is vote with wallets. Remember when resident started to suck, and capcom sold out to COD retard crowd to make more money? And how they learned the lesson and now re-releasing re1 which was a proper survival game? That's what we need to do for everything. The money is the only language they understand.
Whining doesn't do shit.

As games became too big budget, they have to listen to minority groups and more politically correct in order to be sold and in the process lost their souls. Artists can't freely express themselves since its all corporate and you can't offend anyone. If you want to bash up women in gta and then have sex with a female you punched, its bad. As if females need men to protect them from men. Females can shoot guns too donchaknow. But if you are a sex worker you can't mix violence with sex, so equality (where its ok to run over hookers as well as men) is no go. Girls are weak and delicate doncha see? Females need privileges but men don't. Hating men is ok ad running over them is fine since they are evil.

You punch chics in fighting games, and if you play as rogue in x-men fighting game, you can kiss them while raping them of energy by absorbing their powers and nobody gets labeled as rapist..

Society please admit you're fucked in the mind due to brainwashing and apologise already. Games need to be free of brainwashing. Games that get low scores because reviewers don't like over-sexualised characters is ridiculous since nobody buys things for that. The games that are good should get good scores for being fun period.

If we allow reviewers to give perfectly good games like bayonetta 2 low scores just because of non-gaming related reasons there is no reason to play games. But this is what feminists and non-gamers want: to confuse kids about what games are. Websites on the internet have been set up to go along with it so that your games have political messages snuck inside them much like movies have subtle messages to influence thinking.

american sniper is perfect example:
its full of junk info

You want games to do this? Also lets not forget certain figures (tom clancy) murdered by the lizards when they thought the message gets too close to truth.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Cletus wrote:Yep, Nitnedno are the absolute worst.

Boycotted.
You're not missing out on much.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Got my Link Between Worlds soundtrack from Club Nintendo yesterday :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Upgrading to new 3ds xl.

Majoras mask ad Monster hunter 4u is out together today.

I heard that the graphics are slightly upgraded on new 3ds xl for games like Monster Hunter 4. Is this true or BS?

here is where I heard this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-m ... e/71215218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Better textures, better color, better draw distance, better frame rate."

they should advertise that on the back of mh4u boxes to get people upgrading to the twin stick 3ds. Nintendo is retarded for not having two sticks right from the beginning.

edit:
more discussion on this here
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-m ... e/71201884" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so many bullshitters on the net so its hard to know what is true.

some evidence of graphic enhancement:
new
old

new
old

new
old

just looks like the brightness was set too high on one of them...
other comparisons:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Finally transferred all my shit from the old XL to the new XL.
My impressions of new 3DS XL:

Buttons on the shoulders feels nice but they are more noisy than the older shoulder buttons which didn't make such a loud clicky sound. new XL is heavier. The headtracking is perfect for any game where 3D became useless on a bumpy ride.

The nub isn't as good as proper analogue sticks like we see on the sony Vita but given the more portable nature of the nintendo 3DS you can forgive that.

The cartridge slot being on the bottom instead of the top is a bit of an odd design decision as is the location of the power buttons. I much prefer a power button that sits inside the machine tucked neatly away from accidental presses. (perhaps they did it on purpose so that we have a reason to upgrade yet again for the next 3DS :roll:)

Loading times are obviously better so that's a good thing. Especially if you change titles a lot.

The monster hunter case looks really nice and slick. Not cheap looking but to be honest I just got it because I like the logo more than the colour of the thing. It looks unique and the fact that it is a limited edition makes it more special.

Bought monster hunter and majora's mask today for $48 each (price matched with target) so I will be a busy man.

Checked the eshop and noticed Shantae Pirate's Curse is out now finally on Oz Eshop.

review is positive:
http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/11/shantae-a ... t-5058836/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you like 2d sprite art, and metroidvania style games, show support for more of these types of games so we can see more like this by buying that. Looks great in 3D.

This and steamworld heist are going to be must owns.

Now that monster hunter 4u is out I think capcom should start porting Street Fighter IV Ultra on N3DS. It seems like companies are port crazy these days by taking old shit and putting them out on new machines. (GTA V, Resident Evil 1 HD, Majora's Mask 3D etc) What's the harm in putting a new edition of SF on New 3DS?

Also saw that Gear of War clone Ironfall is out on eshop too:
looks pretty cool. You can buy just the campaign or just the multiplayer portion of the game. ($13 each) Kinda reminds me a bit of Binary Domain. More shooters are needed imo. Something that clones Golden Eye would be nice!
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Rayman is rumoured to be Smash Bros DLC, there's been a video that surfaced of someone hovering ovee the character select screen with Mewtwo and Rayman in the line up. Some folks reckon it's fake but it looks pretty genuine.

I'm hoping this means there is hope for the likes of Bayonetta and Wonder Red!

Video

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&sour ... A3f57T8sMw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eshop icon on the main screen.

More screens and link to article.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Rayman would be awesome.

Alex Kidd would kick his butt though. Him and Psycho Fox are needed in these games.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Streets of Rage 2 coming to eshop as 3D Classics:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... -3ds-eshop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the best beat em ups of the 16 bit days. It's so strange that nintendo won't let us play snes titles on 3ds though.

Imagine final fight 3 in 3D. But we get snes and gba shit on the wii u.

I think the gba stuff would be better on small screen.. It's a fucking mess. Double Dragon Advance should come to 3ds eshop along with SOR 2 imo. Put it in 3D and I would buy it.
you can't play gba games on the bus using 3ds. (need to bring your DS with you) But if they released this as a 3d classic it would fit right alongside Streets of Rage 2.

After this, give us a 2d sequel to streets of rage already geez...
sonic boom sales were shit as expected:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... 000-copies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that's punishment for not releasing pso 2 for vita.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Looks like the Rayman leak was just an elaborate hoax haha.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I feel like an idiot. I've only just realised that it's Xenoblade Chronicles they are porting to 3DS, not X :-P this pleases me as I never bought/played it for Wii.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Amiibo had a 90% sell through rate in Australia which is a fantastic figure. Nintendo Australia have now reached out to other regions and started importing figurines. You should be able to get Jap versions at Target. EB has wave one figurines in stock.

There are world wide shortages but Australia has a very different taste in figurines it seems, so we could pick up what other regions don't want.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

There's a sale on the 3DS eshop at the moment for some sega 3d classics. Most of them are about $3! Picked up Shinobi III and Space Harrier, but there's some stuff like Ecco and Streets of Rage too :up:

Also, check out this awesome theme they got in Japan!
https://youtu.be/yNh_phH91DI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: vmu no battery beep, noisy arse disc read and loud fans. Haha, was pretty neat hearing the dreamcast selection tone swapped in too.

Friend of mine just recently convinced me to get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, pretty awesome so far. Only a couple of hours in though, looking forward to playing some with my mate. Hopefully phone tether will be stable enough for some coop :)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Definitely going to check out the sale. Recently bought 32gb card to fit more games.

Senran Kagura 2 is coming to 3ds woohoo
euro release will be both digital and physical:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... s_promised" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Preorder bonus should be used school girl panties imo Give this as a joke gift to your friend to embarass him. And call in swat team to raid the house by reporting a pedophile is loose in the area then film it for youtube to raise money to buy more copies of the game which will anger fake feminist reviewers who want to see it fail despite the game being fun.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Didn't realize Kokuga had come out (a few years ago :-P ). I think dI rector of Ikaruga. . looks cool, for $20 I might give it a go on past efforts alone.