Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ben
Southpoor

Re: Nintendo Discussion Thread

Post by Ben »

Oh shit, looks like Platinum's reveal might be The Wonderful 102!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

They seem to be having a good relationship with Nintendo at the moment.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I thought Wonderful 101 wasn't all that great and above average that didn't sell particularly well?
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I fucking loved it myself, if it is a sequel I'd be just as surprised though, thought it only did OK.

Nintendo announced Hyrule Warriors is heading to 3DS, with two characters from Celda, which you can transfer to the WiiU version apparently.

HW was OK, not great but if you enjoyed it there was a plethora of content. I'm surprised that they can manage it on 3DS actually even the WiiU version struggled at times. I don't really know if it's worth buying again for 3DS if you've played the WiiU one, but if the content is different who knows. I don't think I see myself getting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyF8fNw51RQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

splatoon has hentai artwork made for it:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sick japanese kids. (great ad for the game though)

Hopefully after w102 they can work on bayonetta 3 or a port of scalebound so i don't need to buy a bone. Still not convinced bone is essential this gen.

W 101 was one of the few titles to make use of tablet in interesting ways. Kirby also does a good job but it neglects the big screen.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Ryu from Street Fighter for Smash Bros leaked before e3... oops
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Heh, I'd heard rumblings since when the Mewtwo stuff dropped people did data mining and found some files titled ryu etc that seemed to suggest they would be implement in future. Interesting to see they were actually right!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

The other character is Roy... bfd... There are so many fire emblem characters.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Shit tonne of new amiibo on the way.

New smash stuff is out. Roy, Lucas, Ryu, some outfits including a virtua fighter outfit, and stages. Miiverse stage is free. Enjoy the misery...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Look at the monster you guys have created.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

New game called Blast Ball played at the Nintendo World Championship. Basically soccer with giant mechs and guns.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Super Mario Maker looks amazing.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

This looks like my next 3ds eshop purchase:
this is my next wii u eshop purchase:
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Nintendo Treehouse Starfox footage:
Part 1
Part 2
I sat back and watch this on wii u browser. Much better than presentation by ms and sony at e3 where all you got to see was cg footage and no gameplay or interviews with the makers about the games.

Hello jasper. Why the fuck are you not covering this stuff now that you are unbanned? Starfox is the one series that has been utterly neglected in favour of marios. Ready to sell wii U so early for NX? Why am I doing your job for you?

Nintendo Treehouse Super Mario Maker footage:
part 1
part 2
part 3

Mario Maker was probably the boldest move for nintendo. It lets everyone create their own content. That means DLC for mario games is going to have to compete with free DLC made by nintendo fans. Little Big Planet is doomed.

Metroid Prime Federation Force: (looks cool. Finally a FPS to make usage of dual analogue features of the new nintendo 3ds)
Fire Emblem Fates: (looking forward to this!)
there will be two versions of the game based on choice you make? Does that mean we have to buy it twice? someone explain that to me..

non e3 related:

Xenoblade (still hasn't released to europe)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Uh oh...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... d_emotions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even the Nintendo rep doesn't seem excited.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The controls are harder than previos game but offer more flexibility. There is gyro involved in aiming to hit weak points. It's still early days. The switching modes seems to be the major gimmick in this. I think the advantage of gunner mode means if someone shoots swarms of homing missiles you can fly in straight line and shoot them down by concentrating all your effort mowing them down instead of just avoiding them.

In space sims when a swarm is coming your way one strategy is shoot down one and send a chain reaction of explosions as the first missile blows up and causes others to blow up with it. But staying still is needed otherwise the missiles won't follow your trail of explosions. This is a tactic against homing enemies. Traditionally in tar fox you are only shooting forward but in space the biggest threat are homing weapons because they come from any direction, not so much shots from lasers. The problem I see with star fox is it is arcadey shooter where there is definite up and down, and not a sim where there is no up or down where enemies can approach from many directions instead of just front and back.

I have a feeling they are going to push co-op for this as one guy flies the other shoots. If they made starfox an open world (or open space) game this feature would make more sense. But it's on on-rails arcadey shooter in the same mould as afterburner which is why I think Star Fox needs to change as we play games for longer than 40 mis these days. You should be able to fly upside down and rightside up and the should be taking an ace combat approach to the franchise now. But fans still want sf64 instead of thinking big so they are pressured to just repeat the old games instead of doing ambitious things with the series.

For instnce one thing I would like to see is changing weapons. You can switch from your default blaster to unguided rockets/bombs if you need to do things which involve heavy targets which move slowly. Fighting is not just flying but knowing enemy weaknesses and strengths and saving time using the appropriate weapon for the apropriate situation. Bangaio-o sprits is a great example here where the type of weapon can act like the key to puzzle. "should i take out rows of enemies using narrow focused beam of death which can kill multiple enemies on one shot?" or "spam laser to kill one at a time" or "use explosive rounds to create chain kills which spread damage out in big circles so that my enemies own missiles blow up right in front of them"?
Your enemies movement can determine which is the best weapon. The small guys are best with charged shot, but what about heavy fighter which hide behind cover and surprises you? You need accurate foused beam which hits with precision and does huge one hit kill damage. How can you be accurate when you can't guide the beam? This is where precise shooting comes into play with cockpit view. You may not need fancy flying in open space where there is lots of place to fly, but in narrow canyon you want less speed and more accurate shooting. Avoiding obstacles may not be as important as killing enemies within time limit.

In Sypheed the reason mission critical task are there is a way to prevent enemies from dsmaging other people, not just saving yourself. There could be a mission where a enemy ship has main cannon and aiming it at base, but you have to scramble there and drop rockets/bombs on certain points to reduce the damage they do and disabling the ship's ability to fire. You won't be using anti aircraft weaons to do that as its too slow. You have to crack the nut/shell to reveal the jiucy bits using heavy antiship rockets. Then finish with laser weapon to kill enemy fighters who are defnding the ship, then avoid massive core reactor explosion by flying out of there so you don't get caught in the blast like Kakizaki in SDF macross. With so many buttons they coud do this. Zelda games have lot of puzzle-combat like that where you constantly adjust to weaknesses with different tools. No reason why star fox can't do that too.

One thing I would like to see in star fox is rogue squadron's high speed mode. Your wings change shape and you push button to flee an area very fast. As long as star fox is just a arcadey rail shooter though its stuck and can't evolve. It's like an old light gun game in a ship.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The one other game besides Xenoblade and star fox that caugt my eye was Yoshi
Apart from that I didn't see much that Interest me enough. The 3ds stuff seems to be where its at. (fire embem)

Yarn yoshi > sackboy
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

They had a fairly big e3 last year so it was going to be hard to beat. They're also going through a transitional period with whatever NX is.

It was just all kinds of weird and they didn't have a lot to show. Basically some new Zelda footage would have been nice, like a progress update, and I think it would have quelled a lot of fanboys.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yeah the wii u has no third parties so I think that without Zelda open world game, they let fans down. I don't want to buy an nx to play zelda. Zelda needs to be wii u game. Then they do NX enhanced version as launch title for nx to give people something to play when they unbox thier shiny new console.

Overall the wii u has done well. Mk 8 smash bros, xenoblade, bayonetta etc These are quality games imo. But nintedo should poll fans ad ask us wether we want zelda for wii u. Let that be the last big title before killing it off.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

More footage of starfox: walker mode looks cool.
The jumping around in chicken mode reminds me of jumpig flash on ps1. Cockpit view can be pushe to main screen so you can play it as fps.
Last edited by GameHED on 18 Jun 2015 03:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Super Mario Maker looks awesome, the interface is really impressive. Starfox looks great too, I'm not a huge fan of the series but the gameplay vids looked really fun.

Should I watch the Metroid footage or will it just piss me off?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It'll piss you off unless the idea of a 3DS multiplayer Metroid game not featuring Samus appeals to you.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It's not really metroid just a co-op shooter with metroid in the name. Looks ike nintendo's answer to borderlands on 3ds heh

here is something that might interest fans of the lost vikings or trine:
good mix of action with puzzle solving. if you don't have friends you can switch betwwen characters to play alone to beat the game solo similar to trine. No need to buy R.O.B.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

No voice chat in online multi though...
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

That can be a good thing. Screaming kids are annoying. Why do you need to talk? Why is it necessary? Just play the game.

One of the reasons all the big budget zelda games suck is because people want game developers to major in the minors Things like voice acting, having high quality textures, the ability to have map markers and characters that speak to you. The need to look like an adult. The need to change ypur sex or fuck any npc and make a baby. Things that only add small tiny things you will just take for granted and won't care about. They forgot the fundamentals of good game design: mystery.

Keep people wondering. Newer next gen games don't have this. They tell you what to do like a bossy bitch never letting ou learn through doing and feel like a game of simon says, never letting you experience a bit of chaos and play with chaos.

Good youtube video explais this here:
Games have become less and less gamey and more about production value. " The more flashy the better."
This is why game deskgn sucks now. It's why metroid fusion isn't better than super metroid. Everyone wants game development to be about the technology and features these days. Not the core experience.

Monster hunter games don't need voice chat. Diablo 1 didn't need voicechat. PSO didn't need voicechat. Symbols were better because if the dude was japanese he can understand you without knowing english.

And this uses symbols and drawings. It's possible to team up with foreigners. The core gameplay is what matters. Major in the majors, not the minors. I don't need screeching kid telling me what to do. I would prefer they concentrate on the task at hand and just play the game. Chat after we have achieved the goal. Speak with actions.
Last edited by GameHED on 18 Jun 2015 05:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.