Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: Nintendo Discussion Thread

Post by GreyWizzard »

In Triforce... where you play with 2 other friends. Triforce has no multiplayer chat online. I guess I'll use something else to talk to my friends when we are trying to work together to solve a puzzle.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

You can solve it without chatting. Just like solving dungeon puzzles in diablo.

Or figuring out shortcuts in mariokart by watching what others do. That's part of the mystery of playing puzzle games: you use your cognitive ability to come up with solutions on the fly. Watch the bit about ALTTP. Why is that better than 3d zeldas? Because it forces you to use grey matter not ask your mom, your older brother, or a guidebook for the answer. You must work to get the reward. And the working IS the fun, not the reward you recieve. Same in Monster hunter. You don't know weaknesses of monsters until you trying absolutely everything and then you get your reward. (in the form of faster hunt times; making grinding more quick and saving time. (no different to shaving seconds on lap in racing game to get better starting grid position) The fun is in the figuring out, not the reward. If you just got the reward it wouldn't mean anything.

If you chat they hear spoilers. You all have to figure it out by playing a long time single mode if needed so you don't hold others back by being lazy. Same concept in diablo. Nobody knows what touching the shrine might do. It's random. The levels are random on replay so you can't spoil it by knowing where everything is without taking risk to explore. Zelda is an adventure. Stop talking. Just DO. You shouldn't be talking, you should already be doing things or thinking about what to do. Chatting about solution means you didn't put the effort in to think. But the thinking is where the fun of playing puzzle games lies. I don't want to chat when I could be doing. MH, Diablo, PSO are all co-op multi games nt requiring chat. And that's a good thing. Everyone should work hard to use thier brain (not just one guy) or its not worth playing. Imagine if you enter a dungeon and there is nt one trap? No mystery, no surprise, no need to think befkre you act. You just go through the motions. What's the point then if you already know everything and there is no need to experiment with things by trying different things out? It's no longer riddle. There is no longer a puzzle to solve. You just follow orders. Exactly the problem in mdern game design in big budget games where everyone around you is an instructor and just tells you what to do or bosses you aroundvlike you are a dumb guy born yesterday who can't figure anything out for himself.

Adventures are all about making new discoveries and solving mysteries not regurgitating old information. Without mystery and wonder there is no fun exploring or thinking or going on journeys. Older games had this. New games don't because it means more profits to dumb games down. You are a robot told what to do by the npc and the game is just a series of boring tasks that isn't you going out by yourself to discover things and make you say "hey i didn't expect that would happen.. what if i try x on y and see if I can get a different result that isn't z?" Games used to inspire you to use creativity and imagination.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Something that went under the radar:
new earthbound game in the works! Unlike shenmue this will not need kickstarter money.. :up:
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

It's the nes game Mother.

But it does mean there is a greater chance for Mother 3 to come out. Maybe Nintendo should kickstart it.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Nes game was never released in eng though right? This is new to us. Yes you have illegal means but this is new to the vc shop.

Please yes just do 3 as well. The VC needs more stuff like that. If they don't like game historian allowing old games to be freely accessible, then make the game available so people can play it and own legit copy. No sympathy from me if pirates give it away, when it's not even available in legit form.
Writer and copywriter Shigesato Itoi pitched the game concept to Shigeru Miyamoto while visiting Nintendo's headquarters for other business. Though Miyamoto denied the proposal at first, he eventually gave Itoi a development team. The game was released in Japan on July 27, 1989. A North American version was localized into English, but was abandoned as commercially unviable. A copy of this prototype was later found and circulated on the Internet under the unofficial, fan-created title EarthBound Zero. The game has officially been localized and released worldwide as EarthBound Beginnings for the Wii U Virtual Console on June 14, 2015.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_(video_game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

This is the legit "pay me for my fucking work you bum" edition :p real fans show love by owning legit versions when available for sale.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

It's great to see it translated but I doubt I'll get it. I've got Earthbound I don't see the need to go backwards unless it's a truly amazing game.

But like I said, this really does pave the way for Mother3.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

more Xenoblade day 2
day 2 fire emblem:
maariage and children optional

mario maker day 2
please make sequels to this involving 3d marios nintendo..

little battlers experience (new level 5 game)
edit: interview with level 5 on lbx here:

mail order monsters meets virtual On. Will check that out. Might have to watch the toon since i like robot shows. :up: looks like the gran turismo of mechas games

day 3 yoshi woolie world
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Bravely Second:
3ds is kicking arse. Vita is doomed unless sony pay sega to get PSO 2 localised faster.

Starfox zero day 3
Miyamoto plus platinum design = wii u goty

I think they need to add a secret third mode to the arwing: VTOL. Your thrusters point downwards (just like the ship in raiden when you fight bosses) and you can use these in certan sections after you beat the game and shoot below the cockpit using the guncamera to focus on small targets . These are VIPs that change the outcome of the fights. They contain information to mod fighters that boost performance. You kill them and the enemy forces are weakened giving you better chances to win by killing thier spies. These spies are trying to escape and take information and sell it to bad guys for money. What you get is access to mods for your arwing, (sort of like unlocking the parts in mario kart to change the specs to your liking)

day 3 mario maker (most important new game by nintendo imo.)
day 3 xenoblade continued:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

steamworld heist day 3:
It's a turn based shooter this time. No chance based stats. Just player skill to determine damage to targets.
3ds versions releases first. Dig is one of my fave games. They should put these characters in smash bros.

metroid federration forces
looks meh. But there are no fps games on 3ds so its plugging a gap in the library. Buy killzone on vita.

zelda single player mode explained:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnQl8A2vx4k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

basically you have all content available from multi in solo mode, and you swap characters using touchscreen. Download play lets you play with others who don't own the game. Only 1 person needs to own the game and two others can play with you without owning it.

Greywiz, you need to get out in the sun and play with people in your neighborhood. Not ask for voicechat. They can talk in person like people used to do in the old days instead of become antisocial idiots who never leave the house. Whats the point of owning a portable? Kids of today need to get sun or they'll die of vitamin D deficiency. These portable multi games encourage them to meet people in person. The house is for home consoles and pc tards who are too fat to move thier bodies. People develop bonds with others who they can actually punch in the face. Playing random strangers online give dickheads protection from screwing up the experience because they are too far away to hit which prevents them from learning. Voicechat is for non-gamers who sit back and make everyone else do the work while they refuse to pull thier own weight and need helping/rescuing all the time so they can scream like little girls into peoples speakers to annoy people if they are bad at the game.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm happy in my dewbeast cave scoffing my roulette Doritos damn you!!!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I think Mario Maker was the Nintendo highlight for me this E3. I really like stuff like that- I picked up LBP3 a while back and it's excellent, but in a way it gives you too much control. Feature creep is real, and any effort to quickly bash a level out slows to a crawl for me because I know the tools allow everything to be done properly and feel compelled to use them.

Mario Maker draws on a palette of objects that are so familiar to everyone that one glance tells you how it's going to behave. The way you just drag and drop a mushroom power-up to enlarge things is brilliant, there's a lot to be said for the gamey elements they've included in the editor. It's simpler than LBP overall, but I expect it'll be much quicker and easier to pump out fun levels.
Candy Arse wrote:It'll piss you off unless the idea of a 3DS multiplayer Metroid game not featuring Samus appeals to you.
Thank you sir.

TBH that Hunters game on the DS Phat was pretty cool for what it was, but what it was was not a Metroid game. I want to see a 2D style Metroid for the 3DS and/or a Prime style Metroid for the Wii U. Actually, the ultimate would be a 2D style Metroid on the Wii U, but that's a fairly unreasonable expectation.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

That's why I think some indie company should make a metroid clone which comes with an editor to design 2d worlds by copying this mario maker thing. Remember nintendo never made any metroid on ds or 3ds that were like normal metroid games. Castlevania filled that void. But I think a competent indie company could do it. Treasure included a cool level editor in bangai-o spirits. Greatest usage of ds touch pad I saw. How often do you ever get that stylus out? Never. But I used it a lot for that to make stuff.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Watched an episode of little battlers experience:
looks pretty cool. Reminds me of G Gundam but with tiny mechs. The japanese are teaching kids to be drone pilots of the future for the military I see...

ep2:
toys in the 2050s are fucking awesome
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm thinking federation force is going to be like Gotham City Impostors. It's that game no one thinks they want until they play it. It does look like it could be a cool multiplayer team shooter. You have Metroidesque weapons. Basically the federation has come up with gear based on Samus' suit. That's cool.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Splatoon passes 1mil sales world wide, announced on their japanese twitter account.
From GAF
That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.
Pretty impressive for a new IP on a system not selling too well. I hope Nintendo continue with this, love to see it turn into a franchise.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

YOSHI'S WOOLLY WORLD (INCLUDES PLUSH YOSHI AMIIBO) OUT NOW!

Post by Jasper »

YOSHI'S WOOLLY WORLD - OUT NOW!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

I just bought the Yoshi's Woolly World Special Edition Bundle (Game + Yarn Yoshi Amiibo) for 69 Bucks @ Target! :up:

+ tapping any Amiibo will transfer Yoshi into a half-breed of Yoshi and the Amiibo character you're tapping into the game... :lol:

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: YOSHI'S WOOLLY WORLD (INCLUDES PLUSH YOSHI AMIIBO) OUT N

Post by Madmya »

God I hate amiibos.

The game wasn't even recommended by eurogamer.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

So the Gold Amiibo at Target sold out quickly this morning. Lines and tickets... Online was what... A minute after 8 it was gone. Craziness...
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Madmya wrote:God I hate amiibos.

The game wasn't even recommended by eurogamer.
Reviews are lacking (most available reviews are from France, Germany, Spain, etc) because this game is coming out in Europe and Australia today, whilst the rest of the world has to wait (America has to wait until late October). Most of the reviewers comment that the game is fun, looks fantastic and has wonderful controls, but that it borrows most of it's ideas from other Nintendo platformers (which for Nintendo fans, isn't actually a bad thing :P ).

For some reason, most Nintendo 2D platformers in recent years don't score super high scores. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze for instance is probably the best 2D platformer I have ever played, yet it was scored mostly 6's and 7's from the likes of Eurogamer, Gamespot, etc.

Some Game Tidbits...

* Over 50 levels + a shitload of collectibles/secrets, etc.

* You can play the game using the Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote (sideways), Wii Pro/Classic Controller.

* There are two game modes. Classic Mode (more challenging) and Mellow Mode (a mode where Yoshi is granted a pair of wings so he can fly around freely). You can switch between modes at anytime throughout the game.

* In co-op, the players control two Yoshi's - Green Yoshi and Red Yoshi. A Yoshi is able to eat their partner and either swallow them to use them as a yarn ball or spit them out to destroy obstacles. A Yoshi is also able to jump onto another Yoshi and use it as a platform.

* Yoshi has the ability to transform into umbrellas, a motorbike, a giant Yoshi, a Mermaid, a mole and many, many more transformations.

:up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

GreyWizzard wrote:So the Gold Amiibo at Target sold out quickly this morning. Lines and tickets... Online was what... A minute after 8 it was gone. Craziness...
Amiibo's really have been an incredible success. :)

Almost 11 million have been sold already, and just in the last 30 days in America alone - over 1 million were sold.

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2015/06/amii ... t-30-days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those unaware, every Amiibo includes "Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics Highlights"....

Basically you tap the Amiibo to your Wii U Gamepad, and a completely random playable demo of a NES or SNES game is available to play (and if you so choose, to ultimately download the full game).
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Anybody here purchased the Splatoon Amiibo Pack? (it supposedly includes bonus challenges/gear when you tap the Amiibo whilst playing Splatoon). :?

It's great to see Splatoon doing so damn well! The game really has legs, and continues to perform incredibly. In Japan, it just sold another 45K copies in the last 7 days (not including eShop downloads). Almost half a million copies have been sold in Japan alone in just over 3 weeks, and for a brand new IP on an underperforming system - that's wonderful news (and encouraging to Nintendo - to continue developing new IP's.).

There's also been a leak that new Splatoon DLC is on the way (not the DLC Nintendo have already announced, but even more)... :up:

http://www.vooks.net/new-unreleased-con ... d-on-disc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

WTF??? GAY MARRIAGE & GAY PARENTING COMING TO FIRE EMBLEM!!!
Fire Emblem Fates will include same-sex marriage, Nintendo confirms
Nintendo's new Fire Emblem will introduce same-sex marriage to the strategy role-playing game series, Nintendo confirmed to Polygon today.

"We can confirm that Fire Emblem Fates for Nintendo 3DS, which launches in Japan on June 25, 2015, and is coming to the U.S. and Europe in 2016, includes the possibility for a same-sex marriage to take place between the main character created by the gamer and another character in the game," Nintendo said in a statement.

In previous Fire Emblem titles, like 2012's Fire Emblem Awakening, players could marry characters of the opposite sex if they bonded closely through conversations. If relationships reached S-rank status in Fire Emblem Awakening, characters could have children, creating new playable characters. Fire Emblem Fates will feature an A+ ranking for characters of the same sex who form a strong bond.

In a statement, Nintendo explained how same-sex relationships will work in the two editions of Fire Emblem Fates.

"Fire Emblem Fates comes in two different versions, called the Conquest and Birthright editions," Nintendo said. "In the U.S., Conquest and Birthright will both be sold separately, as is already the case in Japan. For those who have purchased either the Conquest or Birthright edition, a third edition will be made available as downloadable content at a later stage. Details on how the three storylines will be made available in other regions will be announced at a later date.

"In the Conquest edition of the game, there is a male character that the game's player may have his/her male main character marry after they bond in battle. Similarly, the Birthright edition features a female character that a female main character may marry after bonding in battle. Both of the aforementioned characters can be encountered in the third edition of the game."

In other words, if players want to have a relationship between two male characters, they'll need to either purchase the Conquest edition or download the third storyline. If players want to pursue a relationship between two female characters, they'll need the Birthright version (or, again, download the third storyline).

Nintendo has been criticized in the past for restricting same-sex relationship options in its games, notably in Nintendo 3DS life simulation game Tomodachi Life. That game did not include the option for same-sex relationships because it was not part of the game's design, the developer said. At the time, Nintendo said it "never intended to make any form of social commentary" regarding gay and lesbian relationships in Tomodachi Life, and fans responded with campaigns voicing their support for same-sex gameplay considerations.

In the company's statement today, Nintendo explained why it's including same-sex relationship options for the new Fire Emblem.

"We believe that our gameplay experiences should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and, at the same time, we will always design the game specifications of each title by considering a variety of factors, such as the game's scenario and the nature of the game play," Nintendo said. "In the end of course, the game should be fun to play. We feel that Fire Emblem Fates is indeed enjoyable to play and we hope fans like the game."
[/i]
Last edited by Jasper on 25 Jun 2015 03:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I can't wait for my kid to want every stupid bloody amiibo under the sun. I think on that alone I'm going to ban Nintendo.

I'm with you though Jasper, I hate games getting punished in reviews for following known formulae. If it's good, it's good and that's all that matters. The game's visuals are really nice, and I'm always partial to a 2D platformer. It'll be the price that stops me from getting it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Aren't Wii U titles usually around $59 on launch. It's cheaper than everything else.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Really? That's good news!