Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: BOTW PATCH RELEASED (FRAME RATE ISSUES FOR SWITCH RESOLV

Post by Jasper »

Why so angry, Candy? If you purchase a Nintendo Switch, even peasants like yourself can enjoy BotW all the way back in Economy class... :lol:

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

PHOTO OF ME FLYING FIRST CLASS & PLAYING ZELDA ON MY SWITCH!

Post by Jasper »

Anyways babes, the flight attendant just advised me I have to turn airplane mode on now. The plane's about to take off and i'm all snugged up in my First Class Suite and ready to start playing BotW... :keke:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: PHOTO OF ME FLYING FIRST CLASS & PLAYING ZELDA ON MY SWI

Post by Candy Arse »

I know what you did there you fraud :lol:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Has the Zelda patch hit for Wiiu yet? I looked a couple of hours ago but didn't get prompted to download anything. Tried backing out and going in a couple of times so that it picked up I'm online but still nothing.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Uh-oh, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) have taken aim at Nintendo, this time for not showing the cruelty that involves the milking of a cow (there's a cow milking mini game in "1-2 Switch").
Image.

This isn't the first time PETA have been out for Nintendo's blood. They have many times before demanded Nintendo make changes to their games to make them more animal friendly. As Nintendo have refused, PETA has gone on to steal Nintendo's IP and create their own anti-Nintendo video games including Super Tanooki Skin and Pokemon: Gotta Free Them All...

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Jasper wrote:Anyways babes, the flight attendant just advised me I have to turn airplane mode on now. The plane's about to take off and i'm all snugged up in my First Class Suite and ready to start playing BotW... :keke:

What shitty airline serves you beer in a plastic cup in first class?

Also - http://wildluxe.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 00x733.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - which one is you?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

Destroyed
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

This thread represents far better value than the Switch. :lol:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

:lol: :fight: :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Heh, brutal ownage.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Patch appeared for me on WiiU shortly after my last post haven't really noticed much difference myself but was probs only 15-20hrs in at that point. Enjoying it a lot so far.

Still badly want to buy a switch, got my fund set aside for switch plus game but after getting Zelda for Wiiu need something else compelling before I jump on board. Thinking maybs if there is a Splatoon 2 bundle but might keep on waiting.. still crank out my 3DS and Monster Gunter pretty often so that hits the spot for my portable gaming at the moment.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

"OPEN-WORLD ZELDA WILL BE THE STANDARD FROM NOW ON"

Post by Jasper »

Fucking awesome news! :up:

Eiji Aonuma (developer of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild) has stated that going forward, an open world Zelda will be the standard for the franchise. :)

Cannot wait....even though I think we're only going to have to wait 2 or 3 years max for a follow up to BOTW on the Switch. My gut instinct is Nintendo are going to replicate the Ocarina of Time and the Majora's Mask pattern akin to the Nintendo 64 - and release a continuation to BOTW much sooner than normal. :wink:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/277343-ao ... d-from-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: "OPEN-WORLD ZELDA WILL BE THE STANDARD FROM NOW ON"

Post by Candy Arse »

Excellent, 20 years of the same game re-released.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

RIP The Legend of Zelda, 1986-2011.
:aussie:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Sorry old farts of Games Ranch... BUT YOUR TIME IS UP!!! :cry:

Research shows the millennial "Generation Z" (18 to 24 year olds) of gamers are loving the likes of Zelda and Pokemon and don't give a flying fuck about the likes of Halo, Uncharted, Forza... :P

Out with the old... :down:

In with the new... :up:

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

That does appear to be solid research, they even used four different typefaces. Well cited memes. Case closed boys.

There's no shortage of good games to play, it's just that less and less of them seem to be made by Nintendo as time goes on. That's the real shame. :cry:

Given enough time I think it will follow the same trajectory as Mario. The first few 3D Mario games were a huge departure from 2D Mario titles, eventually Nintendo realised there's a huge market for what made the old games so good, then we got the best of both worlds with Super Mario 3D Land/World. Zelda was of course already 3D but the change to open-world is just as significant a difference in terms of how it impacts the experience.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Digital Foundry have now released the results of their BOTW 1.11 patch frame rate test. :)

It confirms a significant frame rate improvement for the Switch version, but the Wii U version is basically the same with no improvements in frame rate. :wink:

It's pretty awesome to see Nintendo still working away to make an already spectacular game just that little bit better. Nintendo are still developing plenty of BOTW DLC (more dungeons, quests, etc) to be released throughout 2017....so it makes sense that they would want to fine tune the game to be even more spectacular - considering unlike most games, BOTW is a VERY special game that's going to be played by millions for many years to come. :D
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

The next zelda will probably blow this Zelda out of the water because it will be true Switch game not a port.

What if nintendo release a Switch Pro? The New 3DS gave us exclusives like Xenoblade port on the small screen. What if they did a New Switch? This would be an interesting thing to think about because 3DS has had multiple iterations already. I predict people will automatically upgrade like they did with 3DS instead of whine and complain. Unlike the Vita nintendo is putting their A team developers to make games on switch so it won't suffer from the problems of the Vita which Sony ignored after a time to focus on home console only.

We are slowly moving away from the idea of longer console cycles now. And the budget gamer is probably going to be forced to play his games in 720P to maintain framerates rather than leave it in 1080P.
The complainers who want to see 1080P without framerate sacrifices will be the first to upgrade being nintendo whores. (I know I did when New 3DS came out)

It reminds me of the RAM pack thing when the n64 had exclusive titles that required it. Now that sony set the trend to giving people mid-gen upgrade, I am almost certain that nintendo will follow. Nobody seems to be worried about this trend of having two tiers of gamers. Will companies purposely abandon the povo guy who didn't upgrade?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Digital Foundry have now released the results of their BOTW 1.11 patch frame rate test. :)

It confirms a significant frame rate improvement for the Switch version, but the Wii U version is basically the same with no improvements in frame rate. :wink:

It's pretty awesome to see Nintendo still working away to make an already spectacular game just that little bit better. Nintendo are still developing plenty of BOTW DLC (more dungeons, quests, etc) to be released throughout 2017....so it makes sense that they would want to fine tune the game to be even more spectacular - considering unlike most games, BOTW is a VERY special game that's going to be played by millions for many years to come. :D
PC version is going to be something special :up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

New screenshots & details for Capcom's Nintendo Switch exclusive...Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers. :up:

I'm really looking forward to heading down to sleepy Melbourne next month and meeting up with Candy Arse at the Southern Cross Station public toilets for a round or two in "tabletop mode", so that I can show Candy how I can whoop his fucking fat arse at Street Fighter! :lol:

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers takes players back to where it all began, and with a host of new control options, multiple game modes, and online play.

When the Nintendo Switch console is docked and by simply removing both Joy-Con controllers from the console, friends can fight for glory from the comfort of their living room, or put their differences aside and team up against the CPU in Buddy Battle.

Also the Nintendo Switch console can be carried anywhere, empowering warriors to test their might in cafes, at train stations, and any other location to battle all-comers, simply by standing the console upright using the stand and handing a Joy-Con to an opponent.

On top of the 17 classic characters returning to compete in the second World Warrior tournament, powerful new additions Violent Ken and Evil Ryu both join the roster. Violent Ken, who has been brainwashed by M. Bison, and Evil Ryu, the form Ryu takes after succumbing to darkness, are perfect for those that like a highly aggressive playing style.

Once players have selected their preferred fighter, they can enjoy a number of modes:

* In Arcade mode, a single player must defeat 12 warriors on the path to becoming the World Warrior champion.

* Prepare for intense co-op battles as two friends can team up in Buddy Battle to throw down new two-player combos and attack their opponents from both sides.

* Fight locally against a friend or against the CPU in Versus mode.

* Go online and fight against the best players across the mode in either ranked or casual matches.

* Brush up on old skills – or learn new ones – in the training mode before taking on new challenger.

* In the brand new mode called Way of the Hado, players can play a unique first-person mode.

* The game also supports the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, available separately.

Regardless of their experience level, all players can fight in style by using the Colour Editor to customise the colour scheme of their favourite character, giving them their ideal look. Enter the style settings and select between new high-definition visuals for a modern look, or select classic graphics and witness Street Fighter II just as it was in the arcades. Fight fans can relive their favourite local matches and show off their best combos to impressed passers-by with the replay feature. Take a break from brawling and visit the gallery, which includes over 1,400 highly detailed illustrations from throughout the Street Fighter series, taken from the out-of-print Street Fighter Artworks: Supremacy book.

Rekindle your fighting spirit at home or on the go when Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers arrives on Nintendo Switch on 26th May.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

SQUARE ENIX "WE'RE MORE FOCUSED ON SWITCH THAN SCORPIO & PC"

Post by Jasper »

Bummer for xbots and PC gamers... :cry:

The CEO of Square Enix (Yosuke Matsuda) has stated in an interview with "The Nikkei" that Square Enix's focus is on the Nintendo Switch, rather than Scorpio and PC.

Makes sense about the lack of interest in Scorpio, considering it's obvious Square-Enix don't give a shit about XBOX. There are only two Square-Enix XB1 games in development (and both are mere ports). :redface:

He also confirmed there are multiple Square Enix games in development for the Nintendo Switch, and are also in the planning stages for further games. :up:
Last edited by Jasper on 06 Apr 2017 09:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: SQUARE ENIX "WE'RE MORE FOCUSED ON SWITCH THAN SCORPIO &

Post by Rorschach »

What games? Probably re-hashed Final Fantasy games from the SNES era
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Square Enix not focused on PC?

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?s ... quare+enix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Yosuke Matsuda (CEO of Square Enix) was speaking about plans going forward. You do know there's only two future Square-Enix games that have been announced for PC? :?

Putting aside the fact that he confirmed they are in the planning stages for starting development on multiple new Switch games....of the already formally announced future Square Enix games for release, they have announced more for Switch than both PC & XB1 (and fuck all for Scorpio..cause the CEO made it clear that Square Enix don't give a shit about Scorpio). :cry:

Is it really all that shocking to see that Square Enix wants to focus on Switch? Note that Switch sales in Japan are outpacing the PS4, and Sony have already stated they have ceased all Vita software development and don't have any intention of releasing a successor to Vita. This fact alone (Sony's exit from the portable gaming industry) leaves Nintendo in the position of now having a 100% monopoly on the dedicated gaming handheld industry (and guess what type of game sells more in Japan for example than any other type of game....Nintendo 3DS games!). :wink:

Japan goes bonkers over Nintendo home console games like Splatoon/Mario Kart/Smash Bros, and they also go bonkers over Nintendo handheld games like Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Animal Crossing. With Nintendo now merging their home & handheld interests into the one hybrid device, the Switch is going to dominate Japan akin to the FAMICOM era. :D

Of course Square Enix is going to want to jump on board the Nintendo Switch...ESPECIALLY with Japanese-centric game franchises like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasty, Mana Series, Star Ocean, SaGA Series, etc. :up:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Kingdom Hearts 3 potentially and ports. Great.