Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: XENOBLADE 2 (JRPG DEVELOPED BY NINTENDO) - 3 DAYS TO GO!

Post by lestat »

Nintendo's latest desperate attempt to appeal to kids. :lol:

http://www.cerealously.net/rumor-mill-k ... io-cereal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Yeah, I think I’ll just stick to my two minute noodles.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Good to see some co-op scrolling beat em ups on switch.
We need a sequel to mighty final fight imo

Review of ps4 version:
not a review of pc inferior version:
BTW don't be deceived by the repetitive look of the game. Thier is fighting game depth to it as it gets harder. IE button mashing is punished when facing up against non-trash mob enemies. Guardian Heroes and Code of Princess fans will like this as it takes the ideas from these titles but uses 8-bit style colour pallete and pixel art.
Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and X-men Arcdae breatl em up? This has 4 player co-op. Multiple difficulties to extend the replay value.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

lestat wrote: http://www.cerealously.net/rumor-mill-k ... io-cereal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If these taste like Lucky Charms I'd buy some sometimes. Lucky Charms are ace.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

GameHED wrote:Good to see some co-op scrolling beat em ups on switch.
Dude, this is a five year-old Xbox 360 game. I remember buying it for 800 Microsoft moon bucks.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Far out, I liked the 360 era of gaming but I hope the Switch doesn't become a dump for rehashed Xbox Live games.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Some brand new hands-on impressions of Xenoblade Chronicles 2... :up:

IGN Closing Comments:

So far I see the great strength of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as being the way it skillfully combines all these exploration based elements with a story I'm eager to see through to the end. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks like yet another hit for Nintendo in what's become an almost supernaturally good year for the company.

Eurogamer Closing Comments:

I love it, in short, and having been initially sceptical that Monolith Soft could pull it off I'm now relishing another 60 hours unearthing the strange sights of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This was always going to be a harder sell than Breath of the Wild - whether that's in its divisive character designs or its occasional lunges towards anime excess - but there's something just as intoxicating to be found here.

It's another epic that displays some exquisite craft, and provides the second of two substantial bookends to the Switch's incredible first year.

Attack of the Fanboy Closing Comments:

So far my trip into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has went about as expected. I’m confused, bewildered, and intrigued, and I’m enjoying every minute of it.

If you were worried about diving into the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 without any past experience, my recommendation is to do like Rex looking for treasure under the Cloud Sea, and just jump in head first.

DualShockers Closing Comments:

Everything about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is turning out to be a testament to the fans. Every scene between this new cast of characters during their time on Gormott shows that Monolith Soft knows how to tell an engaging story. We can now experience a depth of emotion with the cast; humor, anger, determination, it’s all there for the fans that loved the powerful narrative of the original Xenoblade Chronicles.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is attempting to balance story with a profoundly customizable battle experience. So far it’s working for me and I’m eagerly pushing on through unknown areas while facing unknown enemies. However, with characters like Rex and Pyra leading the charge, I don’t think anything can stand in the way of the adventure that lies ahead.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Image

IGN Closing Comments:

So far I see the great strength of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as being the way it skillfully combines all these exploration based elements with a story I'm eager to see through to the end. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks like yet another hit for Nintendo in what's become an almost supernaturally good year for the company.

I love it, in short, and having been initially sceptical that Monolith Soft could pull it off I'm now relishing another 60 hours unearthing the strange sights of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This was always going to be a harder sell than Breath of the Wild - whether that's in its divisive character designs or its occasional lunges towards anime excess - but there's something just as intoxicating to be found here.

It's another epic that displays some exquisite craft, and provides the second of two substantial bookends to the Switch's incredible first year.

So far my trip into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has went about as expected. I’m confused, bewildered, and intrigued, and I’m enjoying every minute of it.

If you were worried about diving into the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 without any past experience, my recommendation is to do like Rex looking for treasure under the Cloud Sea, and just jump in head first.

Everything about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is turning out to be a testament to the fans. Every scene between this new cast of characters during their time on Gormott shows that Monolith Soft knows how to tell an engaging story. We can now experience a depth of emotion with the cast; humor, anger, determination, it’s all there for the fans that loved the powerful narrative of the original Xenoblade Chronicles.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is attempting to balance story with a profoundly customizable battle experience. So far it’s working for me and I’m eagerly pushing on through unknown areas while facing unknown enemies. However, with characters like Rex and Pyra leading the charge, I don’t think anything can stand in the way of the adventure that lies ahead.
Do we think this might be too hard for you like Xenoblade Chronicles X?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Nintendo Switch in it's first year alone is on track to outsell Wii U's entire lifetime sales... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nintendo Switch Will Only Need One Year to Outsell Wii U

Nintendo’s latest console is making its last one look awfully bad in comparison.

In an earnings release on Monday, Nintendo revealed that it will sell 14 million Wii U units by the end of its fiscal year in March. Those sales, coupled with the nearly 3 million units the company sold in March 2017 after its Switch hit store shelves, will bring total Switch sales in just a year to 17 million units.

In comparison, Nintendo sold just 13.6 million Wii U units in the more than four years that console was available between 2012 and 2017.

Nintendo (NTDOY, +1.69%) released the Switch in March, offering games the opportunity to play both at home and on the go. The Switch can be plugged into a dock for playing games on the television, or removed from the dock to play while mobile with its touchscreen. The console quickly took off after its release and sold through available units in no time. Demand still remains heavy and Nintendo has said that it’s working to get enough supply to customers. Heading into the holiday season, however, Switch might still be hard to find on store shelves.

The Switch’s success stands in stark contrast to the Wii U, which suffered from the outset. The console failed to attract players and in turn, developers ignored the console to save resources for more popular consoles, like those from Sony (SNE, +0.23%) and Microsoft (MSFT, +0.74%). Unable to overcome those challenges, Nintendo’s hardware division started to slip, and investors called on the company to make a big move. It responded with Switch.

With another hit on its hands, Nintendo’s financial performance is soaring. The company reported 374 billion yen ($3.3 billion) in sales in the six-month period ended September 30, a 173.4% jump over the same period in 2016. Nintendo also nabbed a 51 billion yen ($450 million) profit during the period, which was up 34.5% year-over-year.

Looking ahead, Nintendo anticipates even more success, and forecasts fiscal year sales will jump 96.3%.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Candy Arse wrote:

IGN Closing Comments:

Do we think this might be too hard for you like Xenoblade Chronicles X?
:)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Do I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be too hard? :?

Well i'm definitely purchasing it on Friday, so we shall all find out then when I post my :unbiased: of the game! :keke:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Nintendo's hauntingly beautiful official music video for the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 theme song - "Shadow of the Lowlands".... :shock:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Nintendo Switch in it's first year alone is on track to outsell Wii U's entire lifetime sales... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nintendo Switch Will Only Need One Year to Outsell Wii U

Nintendo’s latest console is making its last one look awfully bad in comparison.

In an earnings release on Monday, Nintendo revealed that it will sell 14 million Wii U units by the end of its fiscal year in March. Those sales, coupled with the nearly 3 million units the company sold in March 2017 after its Switch hit store shelves, will bring total Switch sales in just a year to 17 million units.

In comparison, Nintendo sold just 13.6 million Wii U units in the more than four years that console was available between 2012 and 2017.

Nintendo (NTDOY, +1.69%) released the Switch in March, offering games the opportunity to play both at home and on the go. The Switch can be plugged into a dock for playing games on the television, or removed from the dock to play while mobile with its touchscreen. The console quickly took off after its release and sold through available units in no time. Demand still remains heavy and Nintendo has said that it’s working to get enough supply to customers. Heading into the holiday season, however, Switch might still be hard to find on store shelves.

The Switch’s success stands in stark contrast to the Wii U, which suffered from the outset. The console failed to attract players and in turn, developers ignored the console to save resources for more popular consoles, like those from Sony (SNE, +0.23%) and Microsoft (MSFT, +0.74%). Unable to overcome those challenges, Nintendo’s hardware division started to slip, and investors called on the company to make a big move. It responded with Switch.

With another hit on its hands, Nintendo’s financial performance is soaring. The company reported 374 billion yen ($3.3 billion) in sales in the six-month period ended September 30, a 173.4% jump over the same period in 2016. Nintendo also nabbed a 51 billion yen ($450 million) profit during the period, which was up 34.5% year-over-year.

Looking ahead, Nintendo anticipates even more success, and forecasts fiscal year sales will jump 96.3%.
That's not hard, the Dreamcast outsold the Wii U, bit then again the DC has one of the highest percentages of quality over shovelware.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Megaman wrote:
GameHED wrote:Good to see some co-op scrolling beat em ups on switch.
Dude, this is a five year-old Xbox 360 game. I remember buying it for 800 Microsoft moon bucks.
So? Got something against the old games? Skyrim is also half a decade old and still a great walking sim.

Not to mention all those twin stick shooters that flood the market which seem to sell like crack even to this day. Remember Stardust on ps3? Amiga 500 had that shit in 1993!
Good gameplay is good gameplay. Maybe by pointing out how old things are you think you can bash the quality of classic titles coming to the system. It's not going to work because people who are late to the party see them as new if they never had a chance to play them. Which is why I think it is time MS ported Halo games from the last gens to Switch. Cash in on the platforms success. Stop pretending you give a shit about first party when you let bungie go and killed Rare and cancelled scalebound FFS. lol

Look I get why some of you feel unexcited about portable gaming but we don't care. We want to take this shit with us on trips. The old games are a perfect fit because they had lower res textures than current gen games which are designed to be on massive tv screens with higher resolutions. But older games need less memory and the switch is great for indie titles and last gen classic games. (it needs a loot game right now such as PSO2 or Borderlands or something to fil in the genre gap. Would love to play a game like Dragon's Crown on the Switch. Yes there is a vita version but now that switch is selling well it is an opportunity for them to port the old stuff to the platform like MS have with Minecraft which is on every system known to man. ) 5year old games? No problem with me. Battery life on portable works well with action games: Arcade beat em ups, twin stick shooters, platform games, arcadey racers etc..

Things that are 5 years old do not suddenly suck jjust because they look old. In fact retro gaming is never going away since many of the smaller companies prefer the pixel art of the past. Latest Wayforward game looks like an upresed GBA title:
These guys and inti creates seem to be the only guys I know of that tend to favour the 16-bit look more. Lot of indie are stuck with 8-bit pixel art as if megamn X, revenge of shinobi, streets of rage never existed. Enough 8 bit sprites and colour pallete. There is so much of that. Give us the amiga 500, megadrive and SNES pixel art look now. Why has there not been a turrican clone all this time?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Re: XENOBLADE 2 ("ONE OF THE BEST JRPG'S EVER MADE") OUT FRI

Post by Jasper »

This is just fucking insane. Nintendo Switch is absolutely MURDERING Playstation 4 in Japan. Here's just an example of last week's sales in the motherland... :shock:

Last edited by Jasper on 30 Nov 2017 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

nintablet outsells 4 year old console
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Actually in just 8 MEASLY MONTHS...Nintendo have sold almost 2.4 million Switch's in Japan (and that's even with MASSIVE stock shortages in the motherland). This means Nintendo Switch has almost reached 50% of PS4's Japanese lifetime sales since launching almost 4 years ago. :shock:

That is fucking impressive! :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Shreier posts some quick Xenoblade Chronicles 2 impressions
My review will be up Friday, but my preview impressions are that it's tedious, clunky, and horrendous at explaining itself. You'll want to screenshot each tutorial (or keep a guide nearby) because there are hundreds of systems to learn, and you can't revisit tutorials once you've already seen them. Basic actions like bonding with new Blades and using "aux cores" to upgrade your Blades take way longer than they should, and the map is just awful. One of Xenoblade 1's greatest innovations was that you wouldn't have to return to a quest-giver once you'd finished a quest, and Xenoblade 2 inexplicably reverses this, making you backtrack constantly just to turn in fetch quests. The menu UI is a mess, the game asks you to sort and keep track of thousands of items with little explanation as to which ones are worth keeping, and the story really hasn't done much for me. Tora, just like Ricky in XB1, is the worst.

The music is spectacular, though.
Looking very rough undocked.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Reviews come out at 12AM AEDT.

http://opencritic.com/game/4952/xenoblade-chronicles-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Looks great for a Wii game.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:This is just fucking insane. Nintendo Switch is absolutely MURDERING Playstation 4 in Japan. Here's just an example of last week's sales in the motherland... :shock:

Congrats Nitnedno!

PlayStation 4 Total Sales: 62,930,402

Xbox One Total Sales: 30,894,186

Switch Total Sales: 7,630,000

iPhone - over 1 billion
Switch - 7,630,000

If the Switch keeps selling at this rate, it'll catch up to the PS4 in 2022 provided the PS4 sells 0 units between now and then!

If the Switch keeps selling at this rate, it'll catch up to the iPhone in 2093 provided the iPhone sells 0 units between now and then!

The Switch is MURDERING the competition! :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

We've been through that before. Iphone and pc are not dedicated game systems. When a new console comes out it resets to 0.

Nintendo have been in the game industry longer than the others and have blizzard styled devoted fanbase. mobile gaming is for non-gamers who can't afford to buy proper games. Much like pirates on pc who just get shit for free and therefore can't seem to get open world titles like witcher 3 without the console 'peasants' help. That is they are peasants but they are paying customers, which means big budget games are possible.

Old arguments candy. The world does not revolve around non-gamers and pc games. When Star Citizen finally comes out maybe pc gaming will change how we game but all pc does is try to infiltrate the console space by trying to replace it. Not going to happen because nintendo has exlcusives and as mentioned above the nintendo fans are devoted customers. Mario Odyssey, Zelda are examples of low spec games with good design. Compare this to Lucky's Tale and Sonic Forces. It's all about the quality and making the flagship games polished as shit to ensure casual and hardcore gamers have something they can play and be safe knowing it won't be shit when paying full price.

Also as mentioned before Steam is doomed if they don't have quality checkers to deal with the flood of trash and shovelware. How are good indie developers ever going to get noticed without a steam equivalent of the nintendo seal of quality? If you want the game industry to be about 100000000 $1 games flooding the digital stores that are clone of some other game, then that is fine with me but the rest of us want proper games made by established vets that know what they are doing and worth $80-$100. We are not competing because it's like comparing no-name brand to premium brand. The only thing that will get nintendo to go high tech again is if sega makes a comeback and eats into their share of the market like they were able to in the 16-bit days.

People who buy the higher end machines already have pc. They only buy them to play the exclusives. But if sega were to challenge nintendo again then maybe nintendo would see a reason to make something that isn't underpowered. But the japanese like underpowered game system. Not much you can do about this. MS can't beat them there. And sony exclusives are not quite on the same level of polish as nintendo exclusives. (not their fault they haven't had a chance to gain as devoted a fanbase as nintendo yet which is reaping the rewards of giving fans what they want more of by updating old franchises to keep them happy rather than killing them like EA :P

I think nintendo makes stuff affordable to anyone and this strategy pisses off artists and developers because they want power, but it keeps nintendo afloat because they can undercut competition by being the cheaper alternative (face it nobody cares how many hairs you can make out on mario's 'stache) so can sell their cartoony IP from sales of the platform. Since nintendo don't make realistic game environments, they are the only guys who can get away with this. If MS try to muscle in on nintendo's territory with cartoony stuff they get owned. Because MS is a brand for the heavy metal crowd who wants depressing and hyper violent games with dark tone to them. Sony is all about jack of all trades and master of none. They will do the platformer but it might not be as good as nintendo ones, and they might dabble in shooters but they are playing catch up with MS since it is a PC-like brand where FPS emerged out of. Sony main strength is they have decent presence in both japan and other places, unlike MS which has to rely on western developers mostly which may turn off the weeaboo crowd and furries who love catgirls which don't exist in reality so making graphics too realistic will just destroy the fantasy.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:
Jasper wrote:This is just fucking insane. Nintendo Switch is absolutely MURDERING Playstation 4 in Japan. Here's just an example of last week's sales in the motherland... :shock:

Congrats Nitnedno!

PlayStation 4 Total Sales: 62,930,402

Xbox One Total Sales: 30,894,186

Switch Total Sales: 7,630,000

iPhone - over 1 billion
Switch - 7,630,000

If the Switch keeps selling at this rate, it'll catch up to the PS4 in 2022 provided the PS4 sells 0 units between now and then!

If the Switch keeps selling at this rate, it'll catch up to the iPhone in 2093 provided the iPhone sells 0 units between now and then!

The Switch is MURDERING the competition! :lol:

You should pm Jasper this info, it's important. Sometimes you have to try sending it about a dozen times in case there is a network error.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

WOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brand new Business Insider article about the Nintendo Switch being Black Friday's "hottest product"... :up:

The Nintendo Switch Was The Hottest Product On Black Friday & Cyber Monday — And It Wasn't Even On Sale

* Nintendo's Switch game console was the #1 best-selling product online on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, according to Adobe Analytics.

* The Switch has enjoyed a record-breaking year since its launch, Jefferies Analyst Atul Goyal said.

* Strong sales now will help Nintendo in the future, as Switch owners will keep buying new games over the next several years, Goyal said.

Nintendo dominated online sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday thanks to the company's wildly popular Switch game console, Jefferies analyst Atul Goyal said in a note to clients.

The Switch was the best-selling product online across all product categories among online retailers on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, according to Adobe's Digital Insights Initiatives. Nintendo offered no discounts during that time, although the console was already priced below $300.

Nintendo saw record sales in the Switch's launch month. The new console has also had several successful games, such as "Zelda," "Mario Kart," "Splatoon 2," and "Super Mario Odyssey," Goyal said.

"Even we had not expected such a record-breaking streak," Goyal wrote in a note. "This strong sales is going to create a robust installed base, which is where games software will monetize over the next 5-7 years."

Nintendo's Switch has performed better than any other competitor in its first few months, Goyal said. Rival Sony announced the PlayStation had its best ever Black Friday with the most sales in the console's 22-year history. Goyal noted that, unlike Nintendo, Sony offered steep discounts on its consoles.

Even though the PS4 is breaking company records, it was not enough to make it on the top of the charts with Nintendo. Goyal predicts that the Switch's popularity will not slow down anytime soon.

Nintendo's stock is trading at $414.50 (or 46,417.40 yen) and is up 88.85% for the year.
http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... 1009935119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Old news. This week it's about EA.