Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: FUCK OFF EA! THEY ARE NOW EAGER TO DEVELOP GAMES FOR SWI

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:$129.95 for an inferior version of Madden confirmed, can't wait!!!
You're better off buying the superior PC version of Madden.

Oh wait.... :t0mby:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DLC DETAILS UNVE

Post by GameHED »

PhoneMonkey wrote:
Jasper wrote:The only reason that one review "got around", was because the reviewer was a click-bait attention whore - who knew that whilst everyone else was giving the game a perfect score, his lonesome review giving it an average score would get massive attention. :roll:

Not just that, but he hates Nintendo with a passion and has been trashing them for ages. His hatred for Nintendo had intensified before his BOTW review, because Nintendo had been flagging his videos on YouTube for copyright infringement. :P
All of Jim's criticisms of Nintendo are valid, that is why it got around. I experienced all of his grievances for myself during my play through and his review is nothing less than a faithful representation of what any gamer can expect, regardless if you pay $60 or $600 to experience Nintendo's sparse open world Magnum Opus.

Here it is: http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-lege ... ld-review/
Hey nobody is saying you can't agree with Jim. Just that he isn't as good at reviewing as the others like Edge and Giant Bomb and other trusted reviewers and critics. The reason it got 10 is that it broke away from the formula. There is still no Zelda-killer on the market out there that I can think of. Why? Because nobody seems to want to make these types of action adventures for some reason. Same problem with Mario. Everyone loves platformers and loves mario games but where are the mario killer titles from other companies? Is it possible that they can't do it better? I think it is time to face up to reality and lok at why games can get 10s. It may have nothing to do with YOU. It just might be the best games in its genre because nobody cares about action adventures or platformers anymore. (in the same way bethesda always got high sores for their open world rpg games because there were not many companies that made them as good as them and so due to lack of competitors they seem to get easy 9-10 just for that reason)

Please name one game better than zelda that is an action adventure title in open world?
(you can include Horizon if you want) and what makes it better than zelda? There are not many games I think that do action adventure gaming better than zelda series. If there is I want to hear about them. (and give reasons why I should care, assuming that zelda is the gold standard being a game series that takes half a decade to create)
If they are better than zelda it needs to be heard about and people should be making appreciation vids on youtube to spread the word about them to others if they want to see zelda rivals get more love.
Last edited by GameHED on 11 May 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The only time there isn't a superior PC version is when there is no PC version it would seem!

Still NFI why Madden isn't on PC considering FIFA is...
GameHED

Re: FORBES: "NINTENDO SWITCH SELLING OUT IN HOURS, NOT DAYS"

Post by GameHED »

Gamma wrote:
t0mby wrote:Can't understand why it's selling so fast with fuck all games to choose from.
Me either, but for what it's worth the PS4 was the same. It has a killer library now, but the console was going off its tits long before there was actually a decent reason to get one.

A new Retro-made Metroid would be a game-changer for me, and probably enough to push me over the line even if the Switch seems destined to be yet another 1st party Nintendo box.
For people who are not big Mario Kart and Splatoon fans, I'd understand this. But those games are triple A games. In the same vein as COD for the other machines and forza on xbox platforms.

You got to look at this from the perspective of fans of the GAMES, not fans of HARDWARE.

What retards like Candy don't understand is that he always looks at this from the perspective of technology and hardware.

"who the fuck would want to buy this underpowered machines when you can buy pc?"

What he doesn't understand is that not everyone gives a shit about the technology driving the game behind it and moreso the game's quality.

One of the reasons I bought a nintendo DS was just so I could play Castlevania games on it and mario kart and then that was it. Anything else I could live without. I wasn't a fan of the touchscreen or gimmicky stuff and if I'm a fan of Castlevania it means I got to buy the bloody underpowered system that plays it. Same deal happened with PS2. The xbox had better technology then sony at that time but it doesn't change the fact that if you liked say Final Fantasy, and you were hardcore fanboy of Final Fantasy you were always going to get the PS2 eventually. Most japanese rpg games appear on the relevent machine with the highest userbase.

The problem with you guys is you are not looking at this from people who don't hang out on gameboards all day arguing about sales and tech specs. You believe that you are the only factor in the wars. But in reality the kid who begs mom to buy him nintendo just so he can play pokemon or the teen who is into the bro shooter who knows his friends like xbox and is peer pressured into buying one, makes decisions based on factors other than things like tech.

Wii U barely got any ads and I can say that without any kind of knowledge about what the fuck it was, only the nintendo fanboys would buy one. Now that switch has the waggle gimmick back maybe it's trendy and hip again. But honestly I think it is more about splatoon and MK8.

MK8 is a sequel to MK8 on wii u. You will not get the good battle mode on the wii u. This is a big deal to people who like mario kart 8 and I think enough reason to upgrade to switch. Just like Monster Hunter being on the 3DS helped it defeat the PS Vita. Everyone knows PC gamers are the retards who expect us to read their posts but the harsh reality is we outnumber the guys and buy things based on games and good gameplay not on the tech driving the software. This is the difference between gamefans in general and gadget freaks and tech nerds.

The tech nerds buy stuff for validation amoungst peers sort of like people who buy new clothes to stay in fashion so they can get attention. It's to show off status. But the vast majority of people play games not systems so nothing these PC tards say will save PC gaming platform. Valve don't make shit anymore, and the staff behind Half Life have all left out of disgust for the lack of anything fun to do. Maybe these guys should work for nintendo who is constantly making 10 out of 10 titles and pissing off Candy for being exclusive to console?

"but games like Zelda have so much open space and that is boring!! Nintendo deserves a 7"

My response? "Go back and play Halo 1 retard! Loads of open space back in that game which allowed you to replay levels in different ways and take alternate paths to experience true sandbox AI and gameplay which makes each replay of the game different. This is the future of good gameplay. Get used to it clueless fuck"

When Halo 2 came out with a more focus level design and more detailed textures and "bubble levels" (levels divided into smaller sections that were not seamlessly connected to previous sections of the level) people immediately noticed the levels were crappy compared to halo 1 which had "lots of empty space to move anywhere they wished" and then realised the importance of open spaces in relation to how you play the game. (bigger spaces means more ways to deal with groups of enemies so you could do thing in any order you wished rather than linear section-by-section sequences.) What happened after Halo 2? They went back to big open empty spaces again for halo 3 and people loved it!! Because the sandbox gave them a sense of control over how they would get to the location and the style of play. If you liked distance fighting and sniping? You could bloody do it. If you want to get close, you could do it. You like stealth? You could sneak up silently. You were not forced to do any one thing because areas were designed on the principle of giving player freedom again. (halo 2 sacrificed freedom for superior graphics and textures)

This is why Zelda gets 10. The same reason Halo 1 did. The problem with you guys is you don't criticise gameplay. You just look at the individiual parts of a game only. "h the graphics are not as smooth as this other game." "the sound isn't as realistic as this other game" It's not just about these individual pieces that make up a game but how the player is able to interact with all the stuff in the game that determines whether the gameplay is fun. It's what differentiates GoldenEye on n64 to say medal of Honor on PS1. GE was a way better game than EA's FPS. Why? Because of the freedom to tackle the mission in the way you liked and do it differently each time. (to shave off seconds or minimise risk of getting hit) One uses CD technology and the other uses old shitty cartridge technology. But the software is what makes GE deserve higher score than Medal of Honor which is running on better medium but just isn't as good in gameplay to GE. I don't care how good the texture is on the wall you fucking idiots. I care about how well the game plays. That's what the normies who don't come to boards notices. Not the pixel wars or tech wars.

The same reason you don't give a shit about the newer sonic games because at the end of the day, you could give the mascot as many polygons and as much smooth frames per second you want by running a crap game on pc, but it won't change whether the game is going to be fun. The original creators of games have to be involved because games are a creative medium, not just about technology alone. I'll take 1 golden eye to 10 Metal Gear Solid 1's on ps1 anyday. Why? Because one has better gameplay and despite not being cinematic and all that shit like MGS, (this is a big deal to people in the industry who care about making games appealing to grown ups) it knows it is a game and not movies.

I don't give a fuck about guys like candy arse who like movies and shit controls (admit it witcher has shit controls compared to Zelda). I actually want to play games not read stories or watch films you stupid shits. Go back and play games from the 80s when all they had was 64k of memory on C64. Those were fucking games. Now go play COD. What does COD want to be? A michael bay flick. Play MGS. What does that want to be? A codec conversation with some gameplay bits as the minigame. You see what I'm saying? Zelda knows it's a game and feels like it was made in the 80s but with modern graphics. That's what people want back. They've gone past that "I want games to be grown up and mature and cinematic with shitty controls and stories that make my mother cry so I can feel like I am not a child anymore because I am embarassed to tell girls I still play videogames" And now it's more like"I miss the old days when games were just games with gamey bits and no stories but just let me find out things for myself. Only indies make those but the graphics look like shit. Zelda lets me relive the past when memory was used on important things related to what I do in the environment more than uninteractive shit"

And that's where the anti nintendo guys keep failing. You want nintendo to change for you. But reality is they are the trail blazers in the industry. Not the guys making shit at 4K resolutions just to appease spoilt brats who think cinematics are so edgy and cool when the 90s are over already. Hint: Final Fantasy went open world. Metal Gear Solid went open world. Witcher went open World. Zelda went open world. You know why? Because it's not edgy and cool to use pre-rendered CG anymore dipshit. A game like Final Fantasy 7 would look way better as open world game with lots of empty space where you could look at anything from any angle like Zelda OOT. Pretentious fucks.

Go compare Stafox on SNES to Silpheed on the MegaCD. Gameplay motherfucker. Compare Zelda BOTW to old zelda games which sectioned off areas because you couldn't go there due to lacking the tools. One is a truly open world design and the other FORCES you to do things in specific order. (just like Halo 2 levels where you couldn't do some bits as a stealthy killer if the section was small or forced you to be loud due to levels not being open enough like in real life. Gameplay is more important than story or graphics. Why is far cry fun? Not because it's got amazing graphics compared to Tomb Raider. It's because players can focus on what's important to them at any given time. It's more realistic and if you could only have good gameplay or good story you would go for good gameplay that rewards you for thinking creatively and letting you play creatively. It's how old games used to be before we went through this whole cinematic phase in the 90s when CG was considered cool because "...it's so much like hollywood man!"

Read a book, Watch a film. But don't sacrifice gameplay to put a book or film in my games. It's not cool anymore. It's boring. It's been done so many times and I don't care about NPC more than what I DID in my game. When Fallout 4 went too much into Mass effect style (linear crap) it actually clashed with the nature of what open world gameplay should be. You would go search for your son but do 1000 different things before finding him. Makes no sense does it? Because it wants to be a film. It forgot it's a game. Hopefully Bethesda go back to making proper non-linear open world games again for the next Fallout.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:Well..well, look who's come crawling back after giving Nintendo the flick during the Wii U/3DS generation! :roll:

EA Is Excited About The Nintendo Switch, Looking To Bring More Games To The System

EA’s departure from the Wii U fold signaled and portended a larger exodus of third parties from the Nintendo camp - something from which the Wii U never quite recovered. It is why the prospect of EA actually being on board with the Switch was a little encouraging for the system’s prospects before its launch, when its fate in the market was uncertain.

Of course, its fate is not uncertain anymore - the Switch is out and it is a raging success, and it looks like EA is now more willing to commit to the system fully. Thus far, EA had only announced one game for the system, FIFA 18. However, speaking to investors in a financial call, EA CEO Andrew Wilson noted that the company is now very bullish on the Nintendo Switch, expressing excitement for it bringing an entirely new ecosystem into the fold. He noted that EA is considering bringing more of its games to the system, in addition to the previously announced FIFA 18. He also reiterated EA’s relationship with Nintendo.

http://gamingbolt.com/ea-is-excited-abo ... AeK1tKI.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hurry up and force Respawn to port Titan Fall 2 on switch already FFS. It has the chance to be success because nintendo don't do FPS games themselves. (metroid doesn't count because it's a FP adventure) EA screwed up twice: once for releasing it next to other big titles, and twice when they rushed Mass Effect Andromeda unfinished.

Due to changing from unreal to frostbite engine halfway in development, the game ended up looking worse than the alpha:
I think it is time to get Dragon Age 1(with Awakening expansion) and Dragon Age Inquisition on the machine as quick cash grabs to pad the library while they work on other stuff. Nintendo-only fans need as many western RPG on the system as they can get. With DA, they can tidy up al the graphics a bit and sell it as the ultimate edition which you can take anywhere. They need to tap into older games which would be easy enough to work at decent framerate on the little machine. As a portable machine which uses tiny cartridges, older games are the perfect test. Sony managed to pad PS4 with lots of HD remaster shit in the early days of PS4. If Skyrim can run on it, then Dragon Age should be easy. Nintendo needs more western titles.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

I know nothing about Minecraft, but for some reason people are going crazy over the brand new Switch version (which has just been released). :|

It's Metacritic score is currently 90, which is the highest score any Minecraft game has ever received since the original game's release on PC back in 2009 (which has a Metacritic score of 93). :P

The Nintendo Switch version also includes the "Super Mario Mash-Up Pack"...

Review: 'Minecraft' for Nintendo Switch Is the Best Version Yet

Minecraft is available on the Nintendo Switch eShop for $30 as I type this. Having tooled around with it (versus nearly all of Minecraft's other incarnations), I can say it's arguably the finest iteration of Swedish studio Mojang's magnum opus yet.

To be clear, Minecraft for Switch's allure has more to do with Switch than Minecraft. The Switch, you're probably tiring of hearing (especially if you're still trying to find one), goes wherever you do. Drop it in its dock and Minecraft is on your TV, where it's all but analogous to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions. Pluck it from its cradle and it's in your hands, the experience undifferentiated save for its shift to the Switch's smaller 6.2-inch screen.

The significance of there now being a continuous TV-mobile version of Minecraft can't be overstated. At the risk of offending tablet apologists, Minecraft on smartphones and tablets is a wonderful experience marred by poor controls. This has nothing to do with Mojang or Minecraft. It's the baked-in shortcoming of any 3D first-person 360-degree control scheme yet devised for a multitouch device that lacks discrete buttons and control sticks. What makes Minecraft for smartphones and tablets so compelling is convenience. The console versions have the opposite problem: perfect controls tethered to television boat anchors.

This is what I've been wanting from Minecraft for years. It glides at a silky smooth 60 frames per second in the dock. Shift to split-screen, be it two, three or four-way, and the frame rate remains rock solid.

In handheld mode, the game looks crisp and gorgeous on the Switch's 720p screen.

The argument for Minecraft on Switch comes down to two words: continuous playability. If you prefer gamepad to keyboard/mouse or touchscreen controls (as I very much do), you're stuck with either the Windows 10 or console versions. If you prefer portability, you're stuck with either the smartphone/tablet or (less impressive) PS Vita versions. In both instances, the idea of continuous play is either impossible or involves tradeoffs.

With the Switch, the tradeoffs vanish. Screen real estate aside, you're having the same experience on an airplane, subway, or in a remote wilderness tent as when docked to your TV. Minecraft is already the finest thing I've experienced in this medium, the answer I'd probably give to the one-thing-you'd-want-on-a-deserted-island question. And thanks to Switch, it just got an order of magnitude better.

5/5 (PERFECT)
http://time.com/4775563/minecraft-ninte ... ch-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

This was exactly what the Switch needed, more ports. Thanks Microsoft for your wonderful game that even Jasper is pimping.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

He's pimping Minecraft now? Oh my :lol:
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Well we know how much Jasper loves Microsoft so it's only natural for him to pimp a Microsoft game.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/31/j ... i-u-eshop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's no surprise because Microsoft's Minecraft Wii U was the best selling digital game, overtaking the likes of Splatoon and Super Mario Maker.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Uh...you do know that article is for Japan only - and in Japan, the only way up until just mid last year to purchase Minecraft for Wii U is as a digital game only. :roll:

Of course it's going to sell better than other games on the digital game chart, if as a digital game has been the only way to purchase the game for the vast majority of the time since the game's release (whilst games like Splatoon - has millions of japs rushing over to stores to buy a copy, with only some choosing the less popular option of downloading the game on the eShop instead). :P

But kudos to Microsoft for seeing how incredible the Nintendo Switch is (and what a phenomenal success it has become), and spending more time to develop a better Minecraft game for the Switch, than even their own XBOX gaming systems! :lol:

Even the head of Microsoft's XBOX division (Phil Spencer) is working overtime to promote the Nintendo Switch version! :redface:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XBOTS > :arsekick:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

MICROSOFT'S MINECRAFT - SWITCH VERSION > XB1/360 VERSIONS!

Post by Jasper »

Damn...Microsoft's Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch (which is superior to the XB1/360 and even PS3/PS4 versions) sure is impressing a lot of people... 8)
Minecraft Feels Right At Home On The Nintendo Switch

Good news! The Nintendo Switch gets its own version of Minecraft today, and it's good. In fact, it's made me want to play Minecraft more than I have in a long time.

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition comes out this afternoon on the Nintendo eShop, with a physical version coming "at a later date." Nintendo sent us codes a couple days ago, and I've played a few hours of the game. I've had a great time. I mean, of course I have! It's Minecraft. I like Minecraft on PC, on consoles, and even in virtual reality.

It feels particularly at home on the Switch, however, and I can actually see myself playing more of this version than I have since I first bought the game on PC all those years ago.

For the most part, this version of Minecraft isn't particularly different from other console versions of the game. It runs at 60fps docked and undocked, and both versions look crisp and play well.

It supports online play for up to eight players, and split-screen local play for up to four. It comes with the standard survival mode as well as creative mode, which lets you freely build things without worrying about getting it blown up by a creeper, and minigames like battle mode, where players duke it out for bragging rights.

The Switch version comes with a Mario texture pack, as well as a bunch of Mario character skins. There's also a pretty cool pre-made Mario-themed world you can load up, which you can see in the screenshots up top.

Minecraft has always been a lot of fun in multiplayer, and I love the idea of local Minecraft co-op in particular. Switch split-screen works fine both docked and undocked, at least with two players. I was able to pop the Switch out of its dock and my two-player split-screen game kept going at what looked like a solid 60fps.

Let's put all of those bullet points and feature comparisons down for a minute, though. I really like playing Minecraft on Switch. In fact, I can easily see it becoming one of my most-played Switch games. It's fine on the big screen, and easier to play split-screen that way. That's nothing I haven't seen before. But this game is also fantastic on the go, and the Switch does on-the-go Minecraft better than I've ever seen. Tablet and phone versions don't control in a way I like, unless I want to bring along an external game controller. The Vita version is fine, but doesn't run all that well. The Switch version finally hits a sweet spot between performance, ease of use, and controls. It also looks terrific on the Switch's screen. The fact that you can play split-screen with a friend on the go is just a bonus.

The Wii U got Minecraft too late. It was such an obvious fit for the console, but by the time a port arrived in late 2015, the Wii U was already on life support. Mojang apparently decided not to make the same mistake with the Switch, and I'm glad for it. All they really needed to do here was put a good version of Minecraft on the Switch, and that's what they have done. It's a great game, made much better by the Switch's portability. For the first time in years, I think I'm going to actually sink some time into Minecraft again.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/minec ... do-switch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Minecraft is a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch

You can play Minecraft on just about anything. There are versions of the crafting / survival game on consoles, smartphones, and PC. You can even play it in virtual reality. Each version of the game offers something slightly different; the mobile editions are slimmed down but portable, while on PC and console you have a much bigger, more feature-rich world to explore. But, six years after the game first debuted, Minecraft may have finally found its ideal platform: the Nintendo Switch.

One of the strongest selling points for the Switch is its hybrid nature. You can play it on the TV in your living room, or on the train to work. As I’ve written before, this flexibility makes the Switch ideally suited for a huge range of games. It’s much easier to get through a sprawling open world like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild when you can take it anywhere, and even smaller titles like Puyo Puyo Tetris benefit from the option.

Much like Zelda’s Hyrule, the worlds you can create and explore in Minecraft are vast and filled with secrets. When I first booted up the game on Switch, I spent some time just walking around the pre-built Super Mario world. There are warp pipes to slide down, underground caverns to trek through, and smack in the middle is a towering statue of Mario himself. After that, I hopped in a similarly prefab world based on the game’s Chinese mythology content pack, where I was able to hang out in a lovely garden and get up close with a giant dragon. Before I knew it, several hours had gone by, and I hadn’t crafted a single thing.

Minecraft is a game that works in both short sessions and lengthier ones. Once you get over exploring, you can spend hours (or days or more) creating complex new structures. Or you can spend 15 minutes mining for useful resources. And because of the customized nature of the game — where you and friends can literally build and design the world around you — it’s an experience you get very attached to. When you spend a few weeks perfecting an in-game castle, you’ll want to take it with you.

What makes the Switch work so well — not only for Minecraft, but many other games — is how seamless it is. You aren’t playing the game across devices; you’re using a device that works across a wide range of situations. There’s no fussing around with cloud saves or profile logins. The game is there, and it’s up to you to decide how, or where, you want to play it.

The Switch version also offers something no other platform can. (And I don’t just mean the ability to craft your own Mushroom Kingdom.) It’s a virtual world that fits into your life in the real one.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/11/1561 ... ndo-switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Minecraft On The Nintendo Switch Is Better Than This Plate Of International Cheeses

Minecraft is now available for The Nintendo Switch as a digital download. The already legendary Microsoft property comes to the Nintendo Switch with some tricks buried in stone. Well, one big trick — the Super Mario Mash-Up Pack. It has all that Mario stuff like mushrooms and texture maps and all the characters from the Mario universe to whack with your pick axe.

On the other hand, I have this wonderful plate of international cheeses. Instead of messing with that Nintendo Switch thing, playing Minecraft in the kitchen with up to eight friends online, how about this nice Coeur de Camembert au Calvados? This Norman cheese is delicately scraped off, soaked in Calvados brandy for three to five hours then topped with breadcrumbs and walnuts.

This version of Minecraft adds some of that sweet Mario music along with the 40 game characters. Up to four people can tool around in the world of Mario Minecraft with the same console on the same screen, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare style. Except without being quick-scoped by some kid who has been camping for three hours.

If you don't want to endure that grating Mario music, I just put out a plate of king island cape wickham brie in the kitchen. It's soft and velvety, unlike the world of Minecraft which is very pixelated. No? About this lovely Tasmania Highland Chevre Log? It's made from goats milk and is a bit lemony. It will go well with all the multiplayer mini games that have been ported to this version of Minecraft.

Perhaps like Ollie Barder you lament leaving Dragon Quest Builders behind as you switch to Minecraft. I'll tell you what you won't lament, trying this Fromage a Raclette as it is slowly melted onto your plate.

The Nintendo Switch offers hours upon hours of fun. Years even. Cheese, well, that's more of a momentary taste thing. One area cheese and gaming enthusiast asked me, "can I have two pounds of blue cheese molded into the shape of a Switch?" No, you cannot. You have to choose.

What about this Bavarian Bergkase? It's a hard mountain cheese and, well, never-mind. It's pretty clear that the Nintendo Switch is the way to go here for numerous reasons. The success of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the impressive sales numbers for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and now the addition of Minecraft.

For those that are lactose intolerant, there is a clear advantage to the Nintendo Switch in that it does not cause digestion issues. Says one area gamer with the inability to properly process cheese in his gut, "The Nintendo Switch doesn't make me have to use the toilet but I can use it on the toilet. Obvious win goes to Nintendo."

Especially when you consider the educational benefits to Minecraft, the Nintendo Switch is better than any Crayeux de Roncq or award-winning Shropshire blue I could ever offer you.

Though I feel there is room for both the Nintendo Switch and this fabulous cheese plate — as one area Princess-in-another-castle told me, "I'm a huge fan of Havarti and the Switch. Just got Mario Kart 8 so I can play it when my kid is at school. Were you expecting brie?"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtissilv ... a7b4ee6a72" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flipswitch
que
que

Re: MICROSOFT'S MINECRAFT - SWITCH VERSION > XB1/360 VERSION

Post by flipswitch »

That's the spirit. :thumbsup:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

flipswitch wrote:https://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/31/j ... i-u-eshop/

That's no surprise because Microsoft's Minecraft Wii U was the best selling digital game, overtaking the likes of Splatoon and Super Mario Maker.
Yep! Nintendo fans enjoy Microsoft's Minecraft more than Nintendo games :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Brand new details and hands-on gameplay footage of the Nintendo Switch exclusive - Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (less than 2 weeks to go until release)! :up:

The newest iteration of SFII in nearly 10 years, Ultra Street Fighter II features all of the classic characters, a host of new single player and multiplayer features, as well as two new fighters: Evil Ryu and Violent Ken! Nintendo Switch TV, Tabletop and Handheld modes allow you to play Ultra Street Fighter II at home or on-the-go!

HD Rumble:

Harness the power of incredible special moves with the Joy-Con’s HD rumble feature. Feel the Hadoken shoot across the screen – and across the palm of your hand – or unleash a Shoryuken as you feel it spin up inside the Joy-Con.

Color Editor:

Customise your favourite Street Fighter characters and fight in style with the in-game Color Editor! Create surprising new looks for iconic fighters and stand out from the crowd with your own signature colour combinations.

Exclusive Art Gallery:

Browse through 30 years of Street Fighter history with a stunning digital art book, featuring more than 1,400 high-resolution images from the series’ illustrious past. With over 250 pages packed full of incredible illustrations from the out-of-print Street Fighter Artworks: Supremacy collection, it’s essential viewing for any Street Fighter fan.

Multiplayer and Modes:

ULTRA STREET FIGHTER II: The Final Challengers on Nintendo Switch makes it easy to play with others. With a number of co-operative and competitive modes, as well as seamless drop-in/drop-out functionality, it’s the perfect pick-up-and-play fighter.

Arcade:

In this single-player mode, travel around the globe and defeat legendary characters in succession to emerge victorious. It’s the mode that made Street Fighter II a worldwide phenomenon.

Versus:

Grab a friend and go head-to-head in classic Street Fighter action. Choose your favourite character, show off your skills and vie for supremacy (and the bragging rights!).

Buddy Battle:

Put your differences aside and team up against the CPU for co-operative clashes in the all-new Buddy Battle mode. Come together and throw down new two-player combos as you take on the enemy from both sides.

Online:

Struggling to find a sparring partner? Hop online* to fight against friends and foes the world over in Ranked or Casual matches. Show your prowess with online leaderboards* that track both your overall Player Points and character-specific Battle Points.

Way of the Hado:

Use the motion-sensing capabilities of the Joy-Con to fight against the Shadaloo army in an all-new first-person action mode. Feel what it’s like to be Ryu as you pull off signature moves like Hadokens and Shoryukens.

Training:

Sharpen your skills or simply refresh your memory in the Training mode. Practise special combos to your heart’s content, ingrain those button sequences into your muscle memory and reach your peak fighting power.

Fight Requests:

Forge new rivalries with Fight Requests! If you enable Fight Requests in the menu, nearby and online* players can challenge you to battle when you’re playing in Arcade mode – should you accept, they’ll jump seamlessly into your game, just like they joined you at the arcade cabinet!

Replays:

Relive your greatest (and most gruelling) moments by saving your replays and watching them back at your leisure. You can skip through rounds during playback, too, so you can find that super combo finisher more easily!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Oh Bandai Namco...we love you too! :)
Bandai Namco Reiterates Support For Nintendo Switch In Financial Report

Support for the Nintendo Switch doesn’t show any signs of slowing and Bandai Namco have now chimed in and reiterated their support for the new console. Coming from the company’s financial report which was released earlier today, we can still expect three titles from the publisher by April next year.
+

An Unannounced "Tales of" Game Appears To Be Headed To Switch In Japan In 2017

Bandai Namco recently released its financial results for the fiscal year ended on March 31, 2017, where they shared some business moves they have planned for the year, including a "Tales of" release on Switch.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Fingers crossed for Tales of Soul Calibur VI.
t0mby
Cheats

Re: MICROSOFT'S MINECRAFT - OUTSELLS NINTENDO DIGITAL GAMES

Post by t0mby »

HD Rumble. Lol, so it's just rumble with some "in word" tacked on? Oh Nitnedon, what have you become? :lol:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

4k rumble attachment coming soon
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

$4000 Rumble attachment for the Switch?
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

:lol: :lol: gold!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

t0mby wrote:HD Rumble
Yes... HD Rumble! You got a problem with that? :?

The HD Rumble is fucking awesome!!!! :up:

In a game like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, things like collecting coins...boosting...drifting...etc...all really do show off Nintendo's brand new rumble technology and how much better it is than standard rumble.

Even small things like driving over grass, or pebbles, or dirt etc...the superior HD Rumble is very noticeable. :up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Speaking of the Nintendo Switch HD Rumble...

The very popular in Japan Senran Kagura franchise is coming to Switch, and the game's developer has revealed that the Switch Joy-Cons HD Rumble can "simulate the softness of boobs". There are also further experiments with HD Rumble to see what else can be implemented into the game.

The developer demonstrates how so below using the Joy-Cons and breast implants... :lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:
t0mby wrote:HD Rumble
Yes... HD Rumble! You got a problem with that? :?

The HD Rumble is fucking awesome!!!! :up:

In a game like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, things like collecting coins...boosting...drifting...etc...all really do show off Nintendo's brand new rumble technology and how much better it is than standard rumble.

Even small things like driving over grass, or pebbles, or dirt etc...the superior HD Rumble is very noticeable. :up:
Sounds like the Xbone controller to me, that has pretty awesome rumbling features as well. Nintendo have been copying a few things in recent years that you've been touting as new and awesome. :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

The prestigious New York Times crying about just how incredibly popular the Nintendo Switch is - and how almost impossible it is to snag one before they sell out... :cry:
The Nintendo Switch of My Dreams

I am a 34-year-old woman who is obsessed with the Switch — Nintendo’s newest and best gaming console, which came out in March. Small problem: The thing is hard to get.

Some 2.7 million people rushed to buy the Switch, with its hybrid controllers and portable screen, when it was released, and demand outstripped supply. Now many retailers have been out of stock for weeks, and others have marked up the precious console by hundreds of dollars.

Each morning, I look at the news and want to flush my head down the toilet. Lucky jerks around the nation are meanwhile firing up their Nintendo Switches. Facebook is full of photos snapped by annoyed spouses: prone adults on couches with controllers in their hands, home on the weekends playing Switch, on a break from the real world.

I have an online shopping alert set to notify me the second the new Nintendo Switch stock arrives (retail price $299.99).

I’m at a point in my life when a lot of big decisions need to be made. My partner, Michael, annoyingly wants to talk about them. I want the opiate release of a Nintendo Switch.

I’ve dropped Michael many hints to this effect. I’ve signed him up for the notification, too. If he is the one who actually buys it, then I am absolved of responsibility, and my life of lying on the couch absorbed in escapist gameplay can begin.

“You know, people are selling Switches on eBay for a couple hundred dollars more than the retail price!” I say, leaving my computer open to the purchase page, as I conveniently disappear to “get some air.” But my hints fall on (sensible) deaf ears.

And yet. Whenever a package arrives, I lose my mind. I clutch it to my chest as I run back up to the apartment. I tear the packaging with my keys because I can’t waste time procuring a better implement. But it’s dog poop bags. It’s always dog poop bags.

The new stock of Nintendo Switches should be hitting the shelves any minute now. I’ll just be sitting here, stewing. Unless someone — and I don’t really mind who it is — gets one for me.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1373739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;