Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Re: NINTENDO SWITCH CROWNED TIME MAGAZINE'S GADGET OF THE YE

Post by Mavy »

The switch is now $369 at BIGW. Got HN to price match so it now cost $269 (AMEX cashback). Getting closer to the magic $199!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I can’t believe how expensive the joycons cost, like $99.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Yeah or $69 each. You can actually buy them separately! Must be expecting a lot of failures or misplacements.

I think the only thing you can't buy separately is the screen part of the console.

$99 for the pro controller too. Nintendo and Apple must have graduated from the same evil villain academy.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Going to either Target or BigW to buy the Pro Controller. That way I can have my joycons always attached to the Switch and use the pro controller when Switch is docked, then remove docked switch afterwards with controllers atrached and continue on.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Good idea. The joycons are harder to detach than I expected they would be.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I have grown accustomed to the joycons.. I think I'd like the buttons bigger and I guess that is what the pro controller is all about.. I don't play it enough or notice that it's an issue enough to warrant another purchase.

Was disappointed that Nintendo had no sales for Black Friday
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Do you use them in each hand or using the grip?
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

When I was travelling I did the one in each hand and it was pretty good.. though the little kick stand for the Switch is fucking woeful.

Atm I am using the controller grip thing..
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

I only ever play the Nintendo Switch in split Joy-Con mode (a Joy-Con in each hand) whether i'm playing in docked or undocked mode. I honestly have no idea how anyone can go back to a traditional controller - where your hands and wrists are uncomfortably locked into a single position for hours on end during a gameplay session. :?

That jap who was the presenter at the Nintendo Switch unveiling event did a pretty good job of demonstrating how great it feels to just lay back in your sofa and play with both arms in any position you like... :lol:

GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

That I will agree on.. though for stability, the standard controller feels better.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Well Black Friday madness has obviously ended in America, and the Nintendo Switch was the top selling product. This is actually incredible considering Nintendo did not discount the Switch whatsoever, unlike Microsoft and Sony who both had massive Black Friday price drops for PS4/XB1... :up:

One Of The Most Popular Black Friday Items Has No Discount

Though Black Friday events are usually all about the deals, sometimes it’s even better to get a hard-to-find item.

The Nintendo Switch is one such example this Black Friday.

The highly sought-after video-game console has struggled to remain in stock since its debut earlier this year, and there was speculation that there wouldn’t be enough to last through the holiday season.

Part of the issue, as a Nintendo executive has acknowledged, is that the company did not anticipate the widespread popularity of the console.

That means that all that retailers had to do was advertise that they had the new console to get them to fly off shelves. Both Target and Walmart included the Switch in their Black Friday circulars. The item stood out because there was no discount attached to it – just its $US300 price tag.

Because it’s a new console, it wasn’t expected to have discounts on Black Friday. Retailers saw enough demand for it, however, that they decided to include it in their advertising anyway.

It seems to have worked.

Target called the Switch one of its best-selling items in its sales on Thanksgiving Day. Data from Adobe Analytics also showed that the Switch was the top console on Black Friday.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I can't believe it beat Hatchimals and Colleggtibles. Well done to Nintendo!!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

*From Online retailers only.

And,
Zedark, post: 1390996, member: 3005 wrote:It should be prefaced that this is an AI algorithm based only on online purchase behaviour. It's not a good predictor for the general sales.

So it’s from Artificial Intelligence. Artificial means fake/not real right?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yes.

Jasper is posting fake news.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

:roll:

The analysis was prepared by world leader Adobe Digital Insights, which many of the world's leading business news publications & networks (e.g. CNBC, Bloomberg) source when publishing & airing articles/segments...
Welcome to our holiday showcase. Try these numbers on for size: 4,500 retail websites, 55 million SKUs, and more than one trillion visits. Through Adobe Experience Cloud, we analyze billions of datapoints up-to-the-minute and deliver the most comprehensive and accurate retail insights in the industry.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I have my Switch Pro controller. Feels pretty good as expected, just charging it at the moment, which apparently takes 6hrs and last 40hrs. Build quality is very good surprisingly.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

4 DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE RELEASE OF XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 (A PHENOMENALLY EPIC OPEN WORLD JAPANESE RPG DEVELOPED BY NINTENDO)

BEWARE...this niche game will be VERY divisive, as it won't be everyone's cup of tea. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is categorically for HARDCORE GAMERS ONLY!!! 8)

It will likely take you hundreds of hours to complete Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so you MUST be a JRPG connoisseur (like myself of course) to be worthy of experiencing such an engrossing saga as expected of the celebrated Xenoblade series. :wink:

If you're a casual/amateur rookie gamer like Candy Arse...this enormously epic game is most certainly NOT for you. In fact, don't even attempt to play this game...Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is way out of your league!!! :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Jasper wrote:
It will likely take you hundreds of hours to complete Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so you MUST be a JRPG connoisseur (like myself of course)
I cannot be bothered looking it up but I'm pretty sure you DIDN'T buy Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU because you weren't enough of a gamer and were too scared to play it.. You're shit at telling lies and even worse at keeping track of your lies.
Ben
Southpoor

Re: XENOBLADE 2 (JRPG DEVELOPED BY NINTENDO) - 4 DAYS TO GO!

Post by Ben »

I'm still playing Splatoon 2/Mario Odyssey/Monster Huntet XX in pretty high rotation so I was happy to wait for delivery on Xenoblade 2 - ordered from Ozgameshop for $60 as had a $5 voucher. RRP seems at the slightly higher price point of some switch games being $89.95 so wasn't really keen to stop full retail.

BigW will apparently have the pink/green joycons for $99 on release too for those seeking another pair. Glad to finally have them available here, really liked the colours to match with Splatoon 2 so was disappointed we didn't get bundled initially. I already preordered for $105 from gamesmen ebay, can't be bothered canceling and refunding for $5 difference in this case though, will be shipped to my door so I'll call it a postage cost.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Xenoblade 2 could win GOTY2017 award.
Zelda BOTW imo deserves it the most. It's as drastic a change to existing zelda games (removing item-gating and making exploration fun again) as MK8 was to MK7.

Too many open world games feel like 'complete the tasks on the to do checklist' titles these days and made exploring boring. BOTW is nintendo's morrowind.(you could argue the Daggerfall because morrowind took out the climbing skill, but dagger was too massive a map to say that)

Ypu know how people say it's boring and empty? They never played Elite which made you feel isolated due to the scope of the title forcing you to use your imagination a little. But that's the scary part about exploring: you are by yourself. We need more games like that. Just give us things to do that are not repetitious like MMO fetch quest and players won't care because they are having too much fun. The things that people thought were boring were fun for me. Games in the past (like old 80s games) were not about completing it to see an ending. They were places that things happened inside them and those things took on more importance than the story. But since we have turned to story-driven experiences ever since the 90s, we forgot about open-ended game design where things you do are the story for the player. (the designer takes a back seat to what you the player do in-game like the pen and paper rpgs)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm beginning to think he was telling lies about the conversion now.
Jasper wrote:OMG... :shock:

This game is absolutely gorgeous (and the music is spectacular) but Xenoblade Chronicles X is far too difficult for me. :cry:

As a "girl gamer", i'm just not hardcore enough to play these kinds of brutally challenging games any longer since my transition (remember, i'm pumping myself daily with antiandrogen, estrogen and progestogen, and therefore no longer have the hormones of a male).

Thus my experience with Xenoblade Chronicles X consists of me sitting very quietly on the edge of the sofa (i'm not allowed to talk without permission), and watching my man play this game like only a man could (and with me giving him the occasional foot-job during cutscenes, or me running back and forth between the lounge room and kitchen to get my man nacho cheese doritos and mountain dew whenever he screams "bitch, get me some snacks!")..... :(

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

/dead

:rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Thread closed.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I notice the guy in the picture is playing Xenoblade on the Dolphin with a 360 controller so he's not forced to use waggle. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed in him right now.