Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY SWITCH BUNDLE (PLUS BRAND NEW TRAILE

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Fantastic 3rd party support! 30fps versions of games that run 4k 60fps on PC :lol: :up: :lol:
Obviously a troll post, but be realistic- a $2000+ PC could outdo ANYTHING ANY console could produce. The only way consoles stay viable is they're cheap and have some amazing exclusives. You'd be hard pressed to argue that both Zelda and Mario in the same year is not a huge achievement. Especially considering Zelda is getting called (in some quarters) possibly the best Zelda game ever made. Fair effort for an underpowered console/portable.

As for Jeff Gertsman and his comments on Mario/Rabbids- I'd expect nothing less from him. Stopped listening to his podcast a while ago after their extremely unenthusiastic response to almost every fucking game released! Christ almighty Jeff, it's ok to like a few fucking games instead of thinking every game is ok... so excuse me if I don't take much of what he says as the gospel.

And after letting my younglings have daddy's Switch, I've decided to pre order that sexy Mario Odyssey Switch bundle! Love the look of it and I'm just dying to play another 3D Mario platformer.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

lestat wrote:A lot of support seems to be indy games and games with low system requirements.

Nintendo still haven't caught on with the fact they need to offer systems with more power to attract the bulk of 3rd party.

I know switch being a portable limits that, but still they could have offered a more powerful docked chip solution.
3rd parties seem to be coming to the Switch though. Admittedly it will never get the bigger console versions of COD/Batefield etc, but it seems most of us owners know it's a brilliant device used in conjunction with another console! Power isn't everything and proof of that is the fact the Switch is selling like fucking crazy!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

flipswitch wrote:That's pretty damn impressive though and probably one of the reasons we're seeing more third-party support. But I thought the Switch was hard to find in the US?
It's still very supply constrained across America. Gamestop (America's equivalent to EB Games) are raking in the money, as they only sell the Nintendo Switch as a bundle with games/accessories.

Walmart (America's largest department store) are selling the Nintendo Switch for almost 50 US dollars more than the RRP! :shock:

Every other large store in America (e.g. Toys R Us, Target, K-Mart) is selling out of Switch's once it hits the store shelves. They are now back to having no stock to sell and waiting for a new shipment.

We don't even need to talk about Japan...still thousands upon thousands line up every single week to enter a lottery for the chance to purchase a Nintendo Switch. :cry:
lestat wrote:A lot of support seems to be indy games and games with low system requirements.

Nintendo still haven't caught on with the fact they need to offer systems with more power to attract the bulk of 3rd party.

I know switch being a portable limits that, but still they could have offered a more powerful docked chip solution.
Nvidia have commented their contract with Nintendo is likely going to last two decades. I fully expect Nintendo to stick to having a hybrid gaming system, with Nvidia working away to continue developing newer & more powerful versions of their Tegra processor.

As for Nintendo needing to attract 3rd party developers? Nope - it's Nintendo games that are the reason why the Nintendo Switch is such a global phenomenon. Still I can see a lot of 3rd party games performing well - due to the convenience of playing traditionally console only games (e.g. DOOM, NBA 2K18, Skyrim) in portable mode when out and about (away from home on vacation, whilst on public transport, time off during a business trip ,etc). :)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

DOOM on Nintendo Switch vs. Playstation 4 (note the Switch screenshots were merely captured from a YouTube live feed of yesterday's Nintendo Direct presentation, whilst the PS4 screenshots were professionally direct-feed captured from a PS4 version of the game).

Nonetheless, is there a difference?...of course! But sometimes you people make it seem as if Nintendo Switch games look like Atari games from 1977 when compared to PS4/XB1. :roll:

Give Nintendo some fucking credit. They in conjunction with Nvidia have managed to design a very impressive gaming system in a very compact shell. :up:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:DOOM on Nintendo Switch vs. Playstation 4 (note the Switch screenshots were merely captured from a YouTube live feed of yesterday's Nintendo Direct presentation, whilst the PS4 screenshots were professionally direct-feed captured from a PS4 version of the game).

Nonetheless, is there a difference?...of course! But sometimes you people make it seem as if Nintendo Switch games look like Atari games from 1977 when compared to PS4/XB1. :roll:

Give Nintendo some fucking credit. They in conjunction with Nvidia have managed to design a very impressive gaming system in a very compact shell. :up:

Looks like a PS2 game
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

If it wasn't bad enough that thousands of people across Japan are still lining up every week to try and snag a Nintendo Switch...now they have stated lining up to pre-order the SNES Mini. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know this may sound crazy but i'm going to make a prediction....mark my words the SNES Mini WILL outsell the Xbox One X as both hit store shelves about one month apart from each other. Xbox One X is going to have a fucking humiliating disaster of a launch...you just wait and see! :lol: :lol: :lol:
OVER 800 PEOPLE LINING UP FOR SUPER FAMICOM CLASSIC MINI PRE-ORDERS IN JAPAN

Today is the day Super Famicom Classic Mini pre-orders open in Japan, and no surprise, the lines have returned too.

200 people were up as early as 6 in the morning, lining up outside Yodobashi Akiba for a chance to get their hands on a Super Famicom Classic Mini pre-order.

The number rose to over 800 people when pre-orders started at 9 in the morning.

With over 800 people outside the retailer, the lines have started to flow outside the building itself.

Over at other locations such as Yodobashi Ueno, reports indicate there were hundreds of people lining up in the early hours of the morning too.
Last edited by Jasper on 16 Sep 2017 04:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What do you have left to trade in to be able to afford a SNES Mini, Jasper?

My order was confirmed from JB a few days ago :up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

I still have that millionaire sugar daddy who keeps bringing over his teenage son's Xbox and Playstation games (literally boxes full of games). :shock:

Somehow the son got my number and has called repeatedly begging me to return them back to him, but I just laugh and hang up on his face every time he calls. :lol:

Too bad for the little shit I already traded in all his precious games at EB and now have just over $800 in store credit. 8)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So if you're so loaded why did you trade your Wii U in for a Switch, and why do you own a small ghetto-level gaming monitor?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ghetto-level monitor. I clapped. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Jasper wrote: I know this may sound crazy but i'm going to make a prediction....mark my words the SNES Mini WILL outsell the Xbox One X as both hit store shelves about one month apart from each other. Xbox One X is going to have a fucking humiliating disaster of a launch...you just wait and see! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I agree. An overpriced retro $100 "console" will probably outsell a $700 console.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Fuck, I'd predict that too. One is tailored to gamers, the other is tailored to the gimmick crowd.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Vince wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Fantastic 3rd party support! 30fps versions of games that run 4k 60fps on PC :lol: :up: :lol:
Obviously a troll post, but be realistic- a $2000+ PC could outdo ANYTHING ANY console could produce. The only way consoles stay viable is they're cheap and have some amazing exclusives. You'd be hard pressed to argue that both Zelda and Mario in the same year is not a huge achievement. Especially considering Zelda is getting called (in some quarters) possibly the best Zelda game ever made. Fair effort for an underpowered console/portable.

As for Jeff Gertsman and his comments on Mario/Rabbids- I'd expect nothing less from him. Stopped listening to his podcast a while ago after their extremely unenthusiastic response to almost every fucking game released! Christ almighty Jeff, it's ok to like a few fucking games instead of thinking every game is ok... so excuse me if I don't take much of what he says as the gospel.

And after letting my younglings have daddy's Switch, I've decided to pre order that sexy Mario Odyssey Switch bundle! Love the look of it and I'm just dying to play another 3D Mario platformer.
He was the guy that gave zelda Twilight Princess only a 8.8 when he was at gamespot. Ever since then he is candy's fave reviewer.

You can tell Candy is a closet nintendo fanboy because he wouldn't put this much energy into pretending he hates them so much. Instead he would ignore this whole thread like I do the fake mainstream media.

I think at the end of the day he is just pissed he can't play nintendo games officially on a pc the way he can sega games and frustrated that he has to go through emulation scene to play it.

This is the feeling of many pc gamers who have high spec machines that feel they wasted their money upgrading their machines only to wonder where all the great triple A developers are to support high spec game systems.

What this idiot doesn't get is that developers are greeedy just like any other business and need to actually make a fucking profit so that is why they focus on console which pleases me. It's the reason we can get big games like Witcher 3 because console gamers are less likely to be pirates. Now I love pc myself, but lets face it: the console scene means they can reach a bigger audience by designing a game around a lower spec system as the base, and then prettying it up for pc later. It happened with Rockstar's GTA5 game, and I think it will happen with all future games that rake in big bucks.

Here's the interesting thing:

Would it be possible to see if they can give rockstar a moneyhat to put a port of Red Dead Redemption 1 on the Switch?
I think nintendo would benefit from that stuff on portable device now that the sequel to it is coming and there is demand for people to go back to last gen games and play them again. (as we see with Crash bandicoot and many HD remaster titles on PS4 these days)

The last gen was full of great titles that would suit the switch perfectly to pad the library. Imagine all the borderlands games, Bioshock games, Dead Rising, Dead Island, Dragon's Dogma games on the Switch on tiny cartridge?

Nintendo needs to start paying for ports of these on the small screen. I have said it before: the appeal of playing big games on a small portable is there NOW because we finally have big enough analogue sticks on portable to make controls good enough to justify putting them there.

Previous portables had tiny nubs to move cameras and these never felt as good to aim your guns and move around comfortably. The western gamer has huge hands and the japanese has small hands. What stopped ports of home games to portable succeeding in the past was the poorer controls of portables which cramped your muscles in your hand too much.

I think it is time nintendo reconsidered how they present the Switch. Not as this Wii U port machine, but as a portable that lets you play your older games on cartridges on the go. Red Dead Redemption and GTA 3/SA/VC all on the switch would be great to see on the system now that it is confirmed to be comfortable to use the controls compared to previous portable machines.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing EA revisit Dragon Age Origins and port this classic to the system. (the best one in the series. Try to make it as polished as they can now that skyrim is coming) Sega announced they are putting Phantasy Star Online 2 on switch but not bringing that to western regions. Is this a money thing? Nintendo needs a diablo-style co-op game imo. MH is one such game, but how about nintendo just make one using the Xenoblade universe? (make it the side game the way PSO was to Phantasy Star)
Last edited by GameHED on 16 Sep 2017 08:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

GameHED wrote:You can tell Candy is a closet nintendo fanboy because he wouldn't put this much energy into pretending he hates them so much.

I think at the end of the day he is just pissed he can't play nintendo games on a pc.
:lol: :up:

Candy Arse's blood is absolutely boiling at the fact that he know's he will NEVER, EVER experience the "Nintendo Magic" again! :cry:

Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Yoshi, Zelda, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, etc...are all DEAD to Candy Arse, NOW & FOREVER unless he runs into an EB Games store in four weeks and snags himself this incredible bundle... :P

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Or I can wait until one of the following happens -

$200 rrp

System is cracked wide open

Emulator on PC

- until then it's pretty clear I'm not missing anything. 3DS is getting better support :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

3DS is getting better support? :?

BITCH....Nintendo doesn't even have a single 3DS game in development. The four Nintendo IP games left for release on 3DS are being outsourced developed by some random game studios and NOT Nintendo.

Instead, every single Nintendo development team across the world is working away on creating incredible Nintendo Switch games...all of which you will NEVER have the opportunity to play! :up:
Last edited by Jasper on 16 Sep 2017 09:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's hilarious how the 3DS is the only must-own Nintendo platform right now.

Maybe you should sell your Switch and ghetto-level monitor to buy a 3DS, Jasper? :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Babes...are you beginning to realise you are NEVER going to play another Super Mario or Metroid Prime or Legend of Zelda or Donkey Kong or Mario Kart or Fire Emblem ever again? :wink:

Consider your hardcore gamer status REVOKED! You are now nothing but a "casual gamer" no different to a middle-aged woman hula hoop dancing on their Wii Fit board... :lol:

Image[/b]
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: Like it matters what you think, you don't even play games.

I'm glad I kept my 3DS - the only Nintendo platform that matters according to Nintendo themselves :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The 3DS not being dead = a good thing. Certain titles like Animal Crossing are perfectly fine on the older legacy portable and probably wouldn't need high spec machine to run it.

Candy did you know that minecraft is now coming to the 3DS finally? New 3DS is powerful machine and can let you play microsoft games. One of their most popular ones is Minecraft. Nintendo is keeping the poor guys happy while you are worried about all the once-pc-exclusives like Pillars of Eternity coming to the console because you have nothing to feel special about anymore as poor people can play your pc games on console now.

By killing of legacy machines you show lack of understanding on how develpers can rake in easy money from the masses of poorer guys who are happy with legacy machines still.
Notice how games like Persona 5 have amazing ratings on review sites when it is just a PS3 game? Notice how Zelda BOTW gets perfect 10s when realy at its heart it is just a Wii U title?

People are still playing legacy machines and when they finaly upgrade to Switch to play BOTW again (like witcher 3 on ps4 pro when the high detail texture upgrade is out) nintendo will have effectively been able to double dip on profits on a single title.

If nintendo are profiting and pc isn't, then it stands to reason all the best developers will eventually bring your precious pc titles to console too to get easy money. (Path of Exhile is coming to the Bone for instance)

PC elitists must get used to the fact that there are more poor guys than people with high spec machines. To make a profit as a developer you must put the triple A dev teams working on older machines to get your game out there if you want to stay afloat. Got it? You pc pirates are nothing more than our taste testers or guinea pigs who will encounter all the bugs for us so that when they are finally ready to come out to console polished up, we can justify paying money for the game which doesn't break itself through normal playthrough. (games like elder scrolls or obsidian games generally have bugs and stuff in them. Compared to Zelda BOTW which is polished with no bugs, console gamers know that you pay money AFTER the product is finished and not BEFORE. hehehe we are the Master Race not you exploited slave workers who must fix the games for us with mods because the game developers didn't have their own version of the nintendo seal of quality in place)

When Skyrim on Switch comes out it will be the definitive version because you can play it on the bus. Something you forgot you can't do on the desktop pc version which doesn't let you meet hot girls at airports and invite them to come with you on your holidays to play mario kart together on the planes, which is something you little kids locked in your moms basement can't do because your dads pc needs to stay in one spot so he can do his taxes and flirt with camwhores on chatterbate all day when he gets home from work and kicks you out of the house to relax in peace and which forces you to play pokemon go and other crappy mobile games (which are just spyware apps disguised as games) on the street rather than real nintendo games. Now that you can play Phantasy Star Online 2 on Switch why the fuck do you need PC? Only a matter of time before sega localises it to the west in time for nintendo gamers to have something to play in place of Monster Hunter World which is obviously only exclusive because sony is too scared to let nintendo also have it to compete with the ps4 version which wouldn't allow you to play on the bus. (giving the Switch version an advantage over bone and ps4 if it had been available to nintendo. They are scared of nintendo now. Sony made a clever move. )
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Vince wrote:Especially considering Zelda is getting called (in some quarters) possibly the best Zelda game ever made. Fair effort for an underpowered console/portable.
Have you actually played it? Here are Zelda games I consider better than BoTW -

Link to the past
Ocarina
Link between worlds
Wind Waker

BoTW is a very good game, but dramatically overrated.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Skyrim, DOOM, Wolfenstein II...Bethesda sure does have a boner for the Nintendo Switch! :keke:

To be able to now play these PC/console only games on a portable when you're away from home and out & about must be awesome for fans of these massively popular franchises. :wink:

The fact that Rockstar are also bringing LA Noire & NBA 2K18 to Nintendo Switch makes me think they may also be planning to bring over Grand Theft Auto. To be able to play a fully fledged GTA on a handheld?...insanity! :run:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-5 ... 0-6447689/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

So now you like R* and Bethesda? My how you've changed your spots so quick. :lol: Typical Nintendo fan, lapping up whatever you can.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You are such an illiterate cocksucker! :roll:

Where did I ever say that I personally wanted to buy any of these games? :?

I clearly said for fans of these gaming franchises, it much be great to be able to finally play them on a handheld...you filthy little cum bucket. :down:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Why would you want to play these on a handheld?

It's not like the first time we've had home ~console console quality in portable form, yet people still play them mostly in their living rooms or PC.

If you're a fan of these games, you want to play it in the best way possible with the best fidelity. That doesn't equal portable gaming.

I've yet to see the abundance of people dragging their switches onto trains like I have seen over the years with DS/vita/psp etc. I think I've seen one person with a switch and it looked very big and awkward to use on public transport.