Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY SWITCH BUNDLE (PLUS BRAND NEW TRAILE

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:If you're a fan of these games, you want to play it in the best way possible with the best fidelity.
Said the radical xbot who's about to drop $650 on a mid-cycle hardware revision with absolutely NO exclusive games and thus planning to play the INFERIOR YET MORE EXPENSIVE version of every must have Xbox One X game - instead of the SUPERIOR YET CHEAPER version available on PC. :roll:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:Why would you want to play these on a handheld?

It's not like the first time we've had home ~console console quality in portable form, yet people still play them mostly in their living rooms or PC.

If you're a fan of these games, you want to play it in the best way possible with the best fidelity. That doesn't equal portable gaming.

I've yet to see the abundance of people dragging their switches onto trains like I have seen over the years with DS/vita/psp etc. I think I've seen one person with a switch and it looked very big and awkward to use on public transport.
Are planes considered public transport? :lol:
Jasper wrote:You are such an illiterate cocksucker! :roll:

Where did I ever say that I personally wanted to buy any of these games? :?
Where did I say you wanted to buy them? I think you got someone's arse hair in your eyes.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Can't wait to play these games with dramatically reduced detail at 30fps!

Oh wait...yes I can. Back to 4k 60fps Master Race :lol:
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

lestat wrote:I've yet to see the abundance of people dragging their switches onto trains like I have seen over the years with DS/vita/psp etc. I think I've seen one person with a switch and it looked very big and awkward to use on public transport.
It's because the Switch is too big for the standard sized pocket in a Pikachu onesie.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That and Nintendo fans already have their hands full with teddy bears and oversized anime dolls.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:You are such an illiterate cocksucker! :roll:

Where did I ever say that I personally wanted to buy any of these games? :?

I clearly said for fans of these gaming franchises, it much be great to be able to finally play them on a handheld...you filthy little cum bucket. :down:
I'm not the first person to notice your excitement over third party announcements of games you previously had no interest in....
Madmya wrote:
Jasper wrote:BAYONETTA 2 ANNOUNCED!!!!! Wii U EXCLUSIVE!!!!!
:lol: Have you even played the original? You're all excited about all these games now that they're on a Nintendo console, what a joke!
:rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It's not like the first time we've had home ~console console quality in portable form, yet people still play them mostly in their living rooms or PC.
If you're a fan of these games, you want to play it in the best way possible with the best fidelity. That doesn't equal portable gaming.
I've yet to see the abundance of people dragging their switches onto trains like I have seen over the years with DS/vita/psp etc. I think I've seen one person with a switch and it looked very big and awkward to use on public transport.
This is an interesting post lestat, and didn't deserve to be lost at the bottom of the last page.
I play my Switch on the train sometimes. It certainly hasn't taken over my commute like the 3DS did though, or the DS before it.
Mario+Rabbids was ok - no quick save though, and some of the missions were lengthy, so it wasn't super-suited to handheld like I was expecting.
MK8D was ok in handheld.
Zelda BotW was one of the better commute games, and Sonic Mania was freakin' awesome. Puyo Puyo Tetris is absolute magic.

Splatoon2 single player was terrible to play on the commute, and I really put it down to controls. Using the shoulder buttons/triggers regularly for twitch play just flatout doesn't work for me. It really highlighted one aspect of failure in the Switch design for me anyway.
Therefore, as much as I'd like to play through Doom again, I really don't think I'd do it on the Switch, just because of the controls. And if I'm playing it at home, I may aswell just play my Bone version of it.
Skyrim will be interesting. I think that'll work for me.

Just going back to MK8D, one of my TV's died this week (An LG, again....fuck buying an LG TV again). Anyhow, I picked up a 55" Samsung UHD, and holy shit do MK8D and Splatoon2 look fucking sensational on it. (As do SFV and Horizon).
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

CANDY OWNED! POKKEN TOURNAMENT DX > MARVEL V CAPCOM INFINITE

Post by Jasper »

Poor Candy Arse....you lose AGAIN!!! 8)

Pokkén Tournament DX (aka the SUPERIOR fighter) will be released on Nintendo Switch on Friday! :up:

For those unaware, Pokkén Tournament DX is a fighting game developed by Bandai Namco (specifically the Tekken development team - with Pokkén Tournament DX being headed by Katsuhiro Harada who is director/producer of the Tekken franchise). The game combines gameplay elements from the Tekken series with characters/environments from the Pokémon franchise. :)

Pokkén Tournament DX will include brand new content including new characters, new online modes (e.g. ranked mode/friendly mode/group match mode), etc. :up:

ImageImage

t0mby
Cheats

Re: CANDY OWNED! POKKEN TOURNAMENT DX > MARVEL V CAPCOM INFI

Post by t0mby »

So it's better than that shit that is ARMS then? Another Nintendo BOMBA!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... tradiction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is still a fighting game too shallow and too flawed for the hardcore, and a Pokémon game too narrow in its scope for that fanbase.
Another kiddy waggle fighting game :lol:

:suicide: Jasper :suicide:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Most of the people here do not like portable gaming I can tell that. But a lot of japanese games traditionally have been fine in portable machines.

I think it is just that historically the western gamer likes home console more because of the past portable machines having bad controls.

But I think this attitude is changing as Switch shows. It's not for everyone but personally I have gotten used to playing things on small screen now. I wish Persona 5 was on Vita. I get that people who play their titles on big screen don't see a purpose for the small screen but for a lot of people the open world genre is under-represented on the smaller portable machines so to get the chance to play them with good control is sorely needed for those who have busy life.
In the past peple had only looked to portables for JRPGs, life simulators, platformers, arcadey games etc. But as portable gets ore powerful it won't be strange anymore to see last gen open world stuff on the tiny screen on carts anymore.
It was mostly a limitation of previous machines that prevented this. I think there is a great opportunity for third parties to capitalise on older titles like Borderlands and older games series on the switch now that the tech is advanced enough to do it.

The vita had ports of MGS games and Final Fantasy. It is only natural now for Switch to see if it can handle older last gen re-makes of 360 titles which will make them slightly more valuable in the fact that you don't need a tv. There were so many great games last gen. Nintendo needs to pad its library, and the older titles need reintroduction to newer younger gamers who never got to play them since they were nintendo gamers. (note that many xbox360 games were also on ps3 but third parties ignored nintendo for most of that gen so this is an opportunity to reel in new fans who only buy nintendo consoles and missed the games on the other two systems)

The time is ripe to rake in easy cash. Bethesda should attempt to port oblivion and Morrowind to Switch. Skyrim just uses a more recent engine of the one used in the previous games. They can think of it as remakes with added effects.
I think you guys underestimate portable gaming and the desire for dedicated game machines. Yes lots and lots of people have mobile phones. But the same can be said of people who own PC and most of the best games are still on console and what popular pc games there are get ported to console anyway. The portable scene is the same deal. Lots of old classics like Red Dead Redemption are worth being remade just to get people ready for the sequel soon. Portables are not just for playing turn based JRPG anymore guys. Get with the fucking times.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Fighting game fans should save up for Dragonball Fighter Z. :P

That will be the fighting game GOTY. (probably easier for non-fighting game experts to get into and using the DBZ license means loads of fans of fighting animes will just buy it for the name alone)

Watching dragonball z tv series all over again and then dragonball super after that just to get myself in the mood.

Also Samurai shodown 5 recently got added to Vita library.
Fans of neogeo fighting games and who own a vita should purchase that to show support for more old school fighters ported to portables where they belong :up: ...on the BUS!
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Re: SAMURAI SHODOWN SPECIAL VITA CONFIRMED

Post by t0mby »

Excellent news GH. Good to see the best handheld of the '10s is still getting some love.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote:
lestat wrote:If you're a fan of these games, you want to play it in the best way possible with the best fidelity.
Said the radical xbot who's about to drop $650 on a mid-cycle hardware revision with absolutely NO exclusive games and thus planning to play the INFERIOR YET MORE EXPENSIVE version of every must have Xbox One X game - instead of the SUPERIOR YET CHEAPER version available on PC. :roll:
PC versions lack HDR right now, HDR is horribly busted on PC, so right now if you want to enjoy 4k HDR it's done better on consoles. Stuff like Tomb raider on XOX is getting better assets than the PC build.

I wouldn't call myself a radical xbot, loving my PS4 pro right now, HDR is Yummy. :D

I wonder when nintendo will do HDR? 2022 maybe? :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

If MS decides to leave the console game biz, nintendo might go back to the old philosophy of high powered game machine as there will be a gap left by them for nintendo to fill. Right now XB brand is the high end console, PS4 is for the japanese game fans who want Xbox level specs, and nintendo is the machine you buy just to play nintendo exclusive first party games.

I think if Xbox X fails, nintendo might go back to being like the company they were when they battled sega in the 16 bit days. MS lost hardcore game fans this gen when they decided to change the focus away from the 360 hardcore game crowd and more of a casual crowd. This was probably due to the Wii being a fluke so they felt they could just aim for generic people and not the hardcore. A lot of this has to do with the fact that many third party game developers don't upgrade their engines enough times to require higher spec machines to run the engines. Call of Duty games all look the bloody same for instance and when was the last time Bethesda updated the creation engine for elder scrolls?

See what I mean? It was a victim of its own success so that is why current consoles are underpowered. Greedy third parties know they can rake in easy money by appealing to the casual gamer crowd that is ok playing games on legacy machines because by making games for the lowest common denominator, they can sell more games which equals more profit. Gameboy also suffered this problem where so many people owned one, that nobody cared if the Atari Lynx had better graphics and nintendo could keep the underpowered machine alive for so long because people were stuck playing the old legacy games on the old system rather than new ones with fewer games. (think of the Gameboy Color as the stopgap between generations like the PS4 and Xbox One. With Gameboy Advance as the true sequel to gameboy. )

MS needs to pay attnetion to the timing of release of things and not piss off third parties by making too many stop gap machines but not stay stuck in the past by relying too much on legacy systems the way nintendo did with gameboy. New IPs need to be made that requires the highest spec console to play them to ensure there is a reason to upgrade to new console. Make sure it is console exclusive too. Then port to PC later. (timing! so that way people will buy your console) The same way PC titles like Diablo 3 came out on PC first and later got released to console secondly. The content drives sales of hardware. That's why nintendo is alive: most people buy it for the games, not tech/gadget collection reasons. If the original Halo that came out on the first xbox console were not exclusive and was also available on pc, would halo on console have been enough of a reason to buy a Xbox? Of course not, because people can just play it on pc. MS need to balance things so that content drives people to buy a console, and worry about casual gamers secondly. They failed this gen because Sony thought of the hardcore guys first and the casuals second. The days when you could just make an underpowered Wii console are over for now. (it seems only nintendo can get away with it due to a strong fan following in much the same way SNK can get away with ugly 3D graphics for their fighting games because there is enough fans who played their older games in 2D. With nintendo it has more to do with characters not needing to go past the toyetic CG look of pixar movies)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I saw a piece of black plastic next to me while playing my switch, and it turns out it's from my switch. So part of it has been broken off but I don't know how since I've never dropped it.

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Awesome build quality :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

That's what happens when you play the Nintendo Switch whilst on the toilet, and accidently drop it onto the bathroom tiled floor... :wink:

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I don't know what's worse, playing on the toilet or Jasper taking photos of them. :?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... ming_near/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And no I didn't drop it or play in the toilet. Not happy about it. Nintendo seal of quality?

Bought a case from eBay.
Last edited by flipswitch on 20 Sep 2017 03:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

NINTENDO SHARE PRICE AT HIGHEST IN ALMOST A DECADE!!!

Post by Jasper »

Bravo Nintendo! :up:

And to think most of you dopey fuckers have been foolishly predicting since back at PlayNOW! that Nintendo will go bankrupt or become a third party developer for Xbox and PlayStation! :lol:
Nintendo Share Price Hits A 9-Year High

Nintendo share price is currently trading at over $46 per share, the highest it’s been in 9 years and the heyday of the Wii.

Shares have doubled in value this year, mainly thanks to the Switch and the continued success of Pokemon Go.

This is important because it proves that it’s not just gamers who see the Switch as a big success — the businessmen on Wall Street and on the Japanese Nikkei stock market are also seeing big potential in the console.

Yesterday, Credit Suisse raised the outlook on Nintendo shares from “Neutral” to “Outperform”, which sent lots of buyers snatching up shares, hence the increase in price over the past 24 hours.

+
Nintendo Stock Rating Lifted At Credit Suisse, Sees Switch Sales Doubling

Shares of Nintendo were rising in Monday morning trading after Credit Suisse boosted its rating on the electronics and video game firm to "Outperform" from "Neutral," predicated on a boost in sales of the company's Switch game console.

Credit Suisse sees Nintendo almost doubling the number of Switch consoles sold to 130 million units through 2022, up from Wall Street's projected 70 million.

Analyst Keiichi Yoneshima believes sales will be powered by consumer's desire to own the console based on its portable and handheld characteristics.

The analyst upped his estimates for peak year unit shipments to 31 million from 25 million.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NINTENDO SHARE PRICE AT HIGHEST IN ALMOST A DECADE!!!

Post by Candy Arse »

Soooooo...any chance of some games worth playing or just more 3DS releases and inferior 3rd party games?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Look how low it was during the Wii U era. :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yeah flip, the crack looks to be from the screw over tightened and causing stress cracks. Clearly a manufacturing defect, warranty ACL time!

Thanks jasper for confirming the last 10 years Nintendo has been irrelevant as proven by their stock price. :lol:
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

lestat wrote:Thanks jasper for confirming the last 10 years Nintendo has been irrelevant as proven by their stock price. :lol:
:lol: :fight: