Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Re: MICROSOFT'S MINECRAFT - SWITCH VERSION > XB1/360 VERSION

Post by MiNiStRy »

Jasper wrote:
t0mby wrote:Yeah, in America. We can get one easily in countries that matter
You think Australia is a country that matters when it comes to video games? :?

You are an absolute fucking moron! America's yearly video game market revenue is over 25 BILLION DOLLARS compared to Australia which struggles to make one billion dollars. Borderline bankrupt counties like Spain and Italy who are in economic turmoil...and even a fucking third world country like Mexico are more important than Australia when it comes to the global video game market. :redface:

In fact we are so behind, that we don't even make the fucking top ten for video game revenue compared to the rest of the world... :roll:

So bad at no 14?
Not bad for such a small population compared to the rest of the world.

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/to ... -revenues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: NINTENDO SWITCH FOR $309 IF YOU TRADE YOUR WII U @ EB GA

Post by GameHED »

Switch is doing amazing: :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... cond-month" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Tom Phillips Published 17/05/2017

The numbers are in, and Nintendo Switch was April's best-selling games console in the US.

It's the second month running which Nintendo has taken the country's sales crown.

More than 280k Switch consoles were sold during the month, along with another 69k units of the 3DS.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold 460k physical units in just two days (it launched in the US on 28th April, and US numbers company NPD's cut-off date was 29th April).

Factoring in digital sales, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe actually sold more than 550k in total.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has had a strong start in the UK as well, where it topped the charts for two weeks running, even against the launch week of multiplatform release Prey.
Candy Arse is full of shit. He predicted switch was going to flop.

No wonder he wants to ignore the whole forum and nobody is listening to him. He should be banned from these boards for all the bullshit that he spews.. LOL

Sorry Candy I won't put you on ignore. I prefer to correct you and point out all your shit predictions which don't come true :P

You can ignore me if you want. Because you are a SJW that needs the safe space and I can't imagine what would happen if you were to riot in the streets and get beaten up by nintendo fans for pirating the roms and selling them in hopes EA can one day buy them after they go the way of Sega and need money and sell their soul to western companies who purchase their way to success rather than creating anything themselves. I wonder why you never mention the review of Horizon Zero Dawn that eurogamer did but love to mention the review of Zelda BOTW that Jim Sterling did?

Hmmmm must be a biased cunt. Jasper keep up the good work of destroying him. :up: Now he has had to call in peppermint lounge someone who doesn't contribute to the forums at all. These guys must be pissed that you are making fools of them. More money to nintendo means less money to PC and Sony. (the company that basically killed its own portable device by stopping it from getting new games)

And to think the reason it's doing well is ports of Mario 8 which is an old game. :shock:

Many have predicted the gaming industry is due for a crash due to the anti-consumer practices that big publishers are trying to pull...
but I think as long as nintendo can keep people interested in gaming by innovating and making gaming affordable and fun rather than trying to make mid gen machines all the bloody time, consumer confidence can grow.
The problem with the other companies is they see gaming as a tech field only not fun.

Nintendo takes a view that games are entertainment and fun first and tech second which is why people are happy to buy the underpowered machines they release. If Zelda BOTW can get 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 across all the relevent reviewers (Jim doesn't count he isn't known for doing reviews but is more about comedy) and that game is based on old Wii U hardware running behind it, while a much better looking and more-hi-tech game like Horizon only gets 9s then it sends a message to the developers that no matter how much money you throw behind the hardware, if the game itself is generic (eurogamer's words not mine ok?) then it means sweet fuck all.

Whether it be shit controls (witcher 3) poor optimisation (most third party companies which forget to delay to polish the game on release because they can't wait to get money) or the online component sucking (pay to win BS) you need to hear valid criticism and address them or you won't survive. Horizon should be killing Zelda because of the better tech behind it. But people are playing the nintendo masterpiece and enjoying it much more because it isn't just following the same formula the other open world games do. If you are angry at nintendo because they succeed it is time to learn WHY they win. Rather than come to GR to try to ruin the nintendo threads which is where serious discussion of games takes place. (admit it: the reason you come here is because nobody goes to your platform wars threads. It's boring as fuck to people like me who own all the platforms :roll: )

I think it's only a matter of time before Respawn says sorry and ports Titanfall 2 to Switch. What nintendo needs is more western titles. The US is biggest market and nintendo is already strong in their homeland. You got to focus on the things the westaboos like which is guns titties and blood.

And remember people: Candy is the guy that actually tried to do damage control for Mass Effect Andromeda which is universally seen as the weakest game (ME3 being the second baddest for the ending) and having poor quality control on release.
Perhaps we are heading towards a time where like comic books, the industry is going to see a drop in the quality due to the SJWs taking control of all entertainment mediums but only a handful of brave companies will fight against the cultural marxism to stay true to the original fans of games? (that is to say it will be harder to find games that are not politically correct in future as millenials start to get jobs working at these companies and make demands to push their ideology rather than caring about what the buyers want?)
Something to think about while crapping on the pooper. Never trust Candy. He is basically Anita Sarkesian of the boards and everyone should expose his BS.

If you want good games to profit, you need to think for yourself and form your own opinions through experience playing games. Not worrying what platform the game is running on. Games like Demons Souls got to popularity through word of mouth as did Mario Kart and they don't have cutting edge visuals and From isn't considered technical coding wizards. Stop being platform whores and play the games not the systems. (Persona 5 and Zelda are both last gen titles and interestingly they get near perfect scores FFS)
Last edited by GameHED on 18 May 2017 01:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Why should Candy trade in his Wii U Premium plus one game for a Switch with no games?

The Wii U (flop console) has more value.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

He shouldn't. The Switch isn't backward compatiable.

The Wii U doubles as a Wii games player so he can still play Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Wii U.

What he should do is sell the pc to get Switch since there are no good pc games out. Games like Elite are getting ported to console now so there is no reason to play on pc anymore. Popular franchises like Microsoft Minecraft are on the Switch now. So that means he can play this in his prison cell as he is taking it up the bum by Big Bubba who can watch him lose in mario kart 8 deluxe and fantasise about playing as the squid from splatoon in MK game.

I would do this if I were Candy. The Wii U although it didn't sell amazingly, still lets you play older Wii games on it.
Keep it, sell the 4k Monitor and PC and buy Switch with games you will play. Consoles are more stable with less cheating on them for online due to being closed platforms. It's time he grew up and stop trying to impress people by obsessing over specs which in the end don't matter as the best titles are games which run on low spec machines. (most power will go to waste as the big greedy publishers always do their triple A games as multiplatform code which doesn't make use of the ability of the platforms in special ways. It's why the second parties and first party in house stuff looks good as they design around the limits of the machines from the start)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

GameHED wrote:Candy Arse is full of shit. He predicted switch was going to flop.

Sorry Candy I won't put you on ignore. I prefer to correct you and point out all your shit predictions which don't come true :P

Jasper keep up the good work of destroying him. :up: Now he has had to call in peppermint lounge someone who doesn't contribute to the forums at all. These guys must be pissed that you are making fools of them.

Never trust Candy. He is basically Anita Sarkesian of the boards and everyone should expose his BS.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're so right GameHED (AS ALWAYS!!!). I have totally made Candy Arse my freckly little beta bitch boi, haven't I? :keke:

As for this "Peppermint Lounge" you speak of... :?

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

flipswitch wrote:Why should Candy trade in his Wii U Premium plus one game for a Switch with no games?

The Wii U (flop console) has more value.
Beyond that, only povo 9-5 office monkeys like Jasper need to trade systems and games in to be able to "afford" the new one :lol:

If I want a Switch I could go and buy a bootload of them...but I won't. Will cop one second-hand so Nintendo doesn't get my money or wait for the fire sales.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

There was a new Direct out today focusing on Arms. There is also a short Splatoon2 trailer at the end.
I'm still on the fence on Arms, but it doesn't look too bad.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Looks like more waggle shit. Will wait for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It definitely looks like it. I'm assured that it is fully playable on pro controllers though.

Tekken 7 is around the same time too. As a lapsed Tekken fan, Namco definitely did the right thing by putting TTT2 on XBL Gold a few months back, as it's reminded me how much I enjoy Tekken.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Well shit, Splatoon 2 bundles announced, for UK and Japan only? I was holding out for a Splatoon 2 bundle, but only Japan gets one with the slick new pink/green joycon, UK gets one with the bog standard red/blue joycon and Nintendo Australia announces that we get..... The Splatoon 2 accessories.... at a $10 premium over the regular ones for your trouble :rolleyes:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

The brand new ARMS Nintendo Direct was wonderful! :up:

New details...

COMBAT CUSTOMISATION:
After selecting a character, players will have the opportunity to equip two ARMS, one on the right and one on the left. These ARMS range from standard fists to things like boomerangs and missiles, offering a wide variety of close - and long-range attacks, as well as offensive and defensive options:

Types – Dozens of ARMS can be selected in the game, each with its own special power and handling ability. Different types range from the Toaster, which unleashes a flaming punch, to the Tribolt, which shoots three bolts horizontally. Some ARMS even boost defence, like the Guardian, which can be used as a shield.

Attributes – There are seven different ARMS attributes in the game, each with its own specialty: Fire, Electricity, Wind, Ice, Stun, Explosion and Blind. Different ARMS have different attributes, so it’s a good idea to mix and match for massive strategic advantage.

Weight – When equipping the many different types of ARMS, weight is an important factor in determining performance. Weight affects momentum, so players have to keep this in mind when selecting ARMS. Stronger ARMS are more powerful but slower, while multi-hit ARMS are quick but have lower individual power. Punches can even run into each other while fighting, with the heavier ARMS knocking the lighter one away.

Upgrade ARMS – As players fight through ARMS, they'll rack up hard-earned in-game currency for use at the ARM Getter, where players can use their skills to earn new ARMS and the ability to upgrade previously owned ones.

VERSUS MODE: ARMS is filled to the brim with fun modes that offer a variety of ways to challenge other fighters:

Fight – In this main multiplayer mode, two fighters battle against each other one-on-one to claim victory. During the fight, bombs and other healing items drop in, adding some strategic options to the proceedings.

Team Fight – In this mode, two players are attached by strings and must team up to battle another team of two. Attacks can hit allies, so watch out for friendly punches!

V-Ball – Similar to volleyball, V-Ball is a sport that involves knocking an explosive ball into the opponent’s court.

Hoops – Grab opponents and shoot them into the net (or even dunk them for extra satisfaction) in this hardcore game of ARMS-style basketball.

Skillshot – Break as many targets as possible using the versatile powers of ARMS.

1-on-100 – Defeat 100 enemies in a row, one at a time, in this progressive battle mode.

ARMS Test & Training – In ARMS Test, players can try out randomised ARMS combinations, while Training lets them practise a number of varied drills.

MULTIPLAYER GAMING: Playing with friends, either locally or online, is easy when using one of the various multiplayer modes in ARMS:

Grand Prix – Win 10 straight matches in Grand Prix and players will face a final opponent to be crowned the ARMS champion. (This mode is played locally with one or two players.)

Party Match – By connecting their Nintendo Switch console to the internet, players can battle with up to three other ARMS players at a time who are in the same lobby as them. One lobby can hold up to 10 consoles, and with up to two players per consoles, 20 players can potentially get together in the same lobby.

Ranked Match – In this time-honoured coliseum, players compete online in 1-v-1 battles. By winning a match, a player’s rank goes up, while conversely, losing will make that rank go down. While waiting to play a Ranked Match online, players can participate in any other mode to pass the time (and tighten up their skills).

Local Wireless mode - When playing in Local Wireless mode, up to eight players with eight separate consoles in the same room can gather in an in-game lobby and battle up to three other players at a time, like in Party Match.

ARMS UPDATES: In the future, multiple free software updates will add new fighters, stages and ARMS to the game. These free updates will occur after the game launches, so watch for additional details!

CHARACTERS: During the presentation, the 10 key playable fighters and their standard ARMS were revealed. These standard ARMS are not exclusive to each character, but are recommended to amplify a character’s strengths. The dozens of ARMS available in the game can be used with any character.

Spring Man – This passionate fighter’s bouncy hairstyle might look fake, but his passion for fighting is definitely real.

Ninjara – Using his nimble movements and ancient ninjutsu, Ninjara can disappear and warp somewhere else even in mid-air or when guarding.

Master Mummy – As the only character that can restore health while guarding, Master Mummy is a force to be reckoned with.

Min Min – With her ramen noodle arms, Min Min’s spin kick and throws are deliciously powerful.

Kid Cobra – A fan of selfie sticks and livestreaming, this hip fighter pounces on opponents with a charged-up dash.

Ribbon Girl – Possessing next-level jumping skills, Ribbon Girl overcomes the laws of physics with her unbeatable power.

Helix – Who is Helix? He’s an experiment gone wrong, that’s who. His springy body lets him move in unpredictable ways.

Mechanica – This mechanical genius dons a homemade power suit that can hover above the competition.

Byte & Barq – Two fighters in one! This robot fighter and his robot canine companion battle together to unleash devastating combo attacks.

Twintelle – As an A-list actress, Twintelle uses her celebrity status to render her opponents utterly star struck as she walks the red carpet to victory.

I'm loving the newly revealed playable character - Twintelle... :keke:

Last edited by Jasper on 19 May 2017 01:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Just like the Splatoon 2 global testfire, there will be an ARMS global testpunch, allowing Switch owners to download a demo of ARMS and play against others in multiplayer mode...

The Australian time and dates for the global testpunch are...

27/05 10:00 AEST
27/05 22:00 AEST
28/05 04:00 AEST
28/05 10:00 AEST
28/05 22:00 AEST
29/05 04:00 AEST
03/06 10:00 AEST
03/06 22:00 AEST
04/06 04:00 AEST
04/06 10:00 AEST
04/06 22:00 AEST
05/06 04:00 AEST
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

OMG...brand new hands on impressions of ARMS are coming in from gaming publications and websites, and everyone is RAVING about how fantastic it is!!! :shock:

Eurogamer are LOVING the motion controls. Fucking idiots like Candy Arse seem to forget the motion control technology within the Nintendo Switch joy-cons boast more modern & superior motion control technology compared to the Wiimote. :roll:
Arms is that rare thing - a motion control game that works

It's been more than a decade since motion control took the world by storm on Wii and it often feels like a distant memory we're more than happy to forget.

Building a fighting game, a genre that's all about precision inputs, might seem overly optimistic, but that's exactly what Nintendo has set out to do with Arms. And you know what? After spending a few hours playing an updated build of the game this week, I can say that it works.

The idea is simple - you hold the two Joy-Con like a pair of joysticks in an upright position. By tilting your hands together, you can move your character around the battlefield. You attack by physically punching outward where each punch responds to a twist of the wrist letting you curve each hit as you please. The R and L buttons allow you to jump and dash, respectively, while the triggers launch into your flurry attack. Turn the Joy-Con sideways and you can block. It seems simple enough on the surface, but there is a lot of hidden depth here - the responsive motion controls enable a level of precision that's a pleasant surprise.

In many ways, the twin-stick design recalls Sega's seminal Virtual On series with its focus on arena-based one-on-one battles. By placing a premium on positioning and timing, the strategy changes dramatically from that of a typical fighting game. Like Virtual On, Arms presents players with left, right and centre attack options which can be customised between each round. Dodging and countering your opponent's attacks feels great and learning to take advantage of each character's unique features brings an extra layer of strategy to the mix. Arms simplifies the formula somewhat by always maintaining a lock on your opponent, but the basic idea of dodging and countering feels satisfying.

The similarities to Virtual On only deepen when you look at Arms' stage design. The first demo upon the reveal in January was limited to a small number of simplistic arenas, but this updated version offers a wide variety of stages filled with elevation changes, barriers and other tricks. In one new stage, Cinema Deux, players are dropped just outside a theatre house and asked to fight on and around a collection of luxury cars littering the street. The cars provide cover from attacks while simultaneously forcing players to utilise movement and jumping abilities. In another, Ribbon Ring, platforms raise and lower throughout the map forcing players to mix up their strategy on the fly. Unlike a typical fighting game, these arenas play a significant role in the experience.

In that sense, Arms occupies a space shared by the likes of Super Smash Brothers and Capcom's dearly missed Power Stone series - both fighting games with a focus on movement and stage design. Like them, Arms features a power-up system with large metal orbs often dropping onto the stage mid-battle. Slam one of these orbs and you'll trigger anything from an explosive bomb to a water bottle full of healing energy.

There's also a huge selection of Arms available for each character. While I only had access to the three defaults for each one, it was interesting to see how, say, Min Min's Dragon lasers interacted with Byte & Barq's closer range Bubb fists. Add all these these elements together and you wind up with a slick motion controlled game which does not reward waggle - flailing your arms around will lead to failure.

As impressive as the motion controls are it's also possible to play Arms using a standard controller. In this configuration, you move your player using the left analog stick while attacking with the ZR and ZL or A and B buttons. The X and Y buttons allow you to jump and dash while your flurry attack is unleashed using L and R. Blocking is assigned to a click of the left stick. It works well enough but feels less engaging than the dual stick motion control setup. There is a sense of granularity available when punching using the motion controls that is difficult to replicate using the analog stick. Curving punches feels less natural and the game just isn't as engaging in this mode. Still, it's great to have the option and it's likely that different players will find their own preference.

All of this is combined with a slick audio visual package. Bright, colourful characters dance around the screen at a rock solid 60 frames per second while catchy tunes, sometimes with backing vocals, blast through the speakers. The presentation grabs you the second you pick up the controller and draws you into its world. It's a beautiful game.

There's more to Arms than the standard one-on-one battles as well. While this is key to any fighting game, Arms offers a variety of additional modes and options. We didn't get a chance to play the full single player experience just yet but we did take a crack at the 'one versus one hundred' mode. It's basically a survival mode that pits you against increasingly difficult AI opponents. The twist here is that several of these enemies can appear in the arena at once forcing you to deal with multiple fists flying your way at any point.

There's also a set of mini-games here playable with multiple people including Hoops and V-Ball. Hoops asks players to focus on grab attacks allowing you to dunk or shoot them into a nearby basketball hoop for points. V-Ball, then, is basically Volleyball where the ball is replaced with a bomb. Lovely. Lastly there's Skillshot which places each player on either side of a court with pop-up targets appearing in the middle. The player that shatters the most targets wins. All simple stuff but still a lot of fun.

Perhaps the mode that will garner the most attention, though, are the four player battles. You can opt to play in four player split-screen on a single Switch console or link up multiple Switches together so everyone can enjoy their own screen. The mode I played tethered each player to a team-mate forcing us to work together to take down the enemy. The rope mechanic prevents you from straying too far from your partner - at least until they're defeated then you're given free range of movement. It's incredibly chaotic but a lot of fun.

That a game released in 2017 with a focus on motion controls could feel this responsive is a feat in itself, but it's the generosity of features, the abundance of characters and the sheer amount of style that push this over the top. It's a deeper game than you might have expected, and with Splatoon already demonstrating Nintendo's ability to put a twist on a popular genre, Arms looks set to pull the same trick for fighting games.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... that-works" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You fuckers actually thought Nintendo's Mario Kart development team (who are developing ARMS) would fail us? :?

Digital Foundry impressions of ARMS in below video. They FUCKING LOVED IT...ESPECIALLY THE MOTION CONTROLS!!! :up: :up: :up:

Oh, and it's 1080p at a LOCKED 60FPS! :up: :up: :up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Re: EUROGAMER "ARMS IS A RARE THING - MOTION CONTROLS THAT W

Post by Jasper »

Oh look... IGN & Engadget are also LOVING the motion controls!!! :)
Motion Controls That Work

Arms builds a fighting game around a simple-to-execute motion control scheme, but I quickly learned it wasn’t a reason for concern. Before you run off screaming about the unreliability of gyro-sensor-based controls let me explain how Arms leverages these controls in smart ways. General movement, punches, throws, and blocking are tied to the simple gestures that don’t require a lot of effort to pull off, but equally important features like jumping and dodging are mapped to the L and R buttons. This balanced setup helps Arms find an accessible middle ground where you can leap, dodge and weave past a foe's punches until you find the right opportunity to strike.

Once I wrapped my brains around how the controls work, I never felt like they hindered my ability to throw a punch. This is not Wii Sports Boxing. In fact, carelessly throwing lots of punches more often than not leads to failing in Arms. It’s important to note though that I didn’t get to play using the buttons-based control scheme supported by Switch’s handheld mode. That means I can’t tell you how they compare, but I can tell you that what I played felt good. It doesn’t require a lot of motion to play and the controls were better than I expected.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/a ... -and-modes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nintendo's 'Arms' has all the depth the 'Wii Sports' games lacked

For many, the Switch represents the Nintendo's return to form. It's the console that sheds both the name and the gimmicky motion controls that defined the Wii era of gaming. With traditional games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe leading the way, motion controls seem to be all but a thing of the past. Or they did, until Nintendo announced Arms -- a gesture-based boxing game for the Switch that seems to lean heavily on Wii Sports' legacy. It seems like a bizarre step backward, but don't worry: It turns out that Arms isn't repeating the mistakes of the Wii; it's showing how Nintendo has learned from them.

In fact, distancing Arms from Wii Sports Boxing seemed to be the entire point of the game's spring preview event. The company is proud of the game's motion controls but stresses that it's different from the simple waggle mechanic that defined the Wii's minigame showcase. In Arms, the boxers' telescopic limbs can be guided throughout the entire motion of a punch, allowing players to steer an attack as they extend toward the enemy. This means that to be effective, players need to follow through with their attacks, like in real life. It also allows the punches you throw to change direction halfway through their animation -- creating a more nuanced experience than Wii Sports boxing ever could have offered.

Even so, Nintendo is finding the association with the Wii's motion controls hard to shake. "I see this a lot," Nintendo Product Marketing Manager JC Rodrigo told Engadget, mimicking the short wrist-flick motions that defined Wii Sports Boxing. "When it comes to flailing and kind of doing this, your arms take time to leave your body and travel across. If your opponent's moving, and you just flick and don't do anything, your hand will just go wherever." It's most players' first guess at how to play the game, but Rodrigo says it's a tactic that doesn't work. "You will lose. Fast."

There's a lot more to the game than punching too. Players will need to learn specific gestures to block attacks and execute grabs and will have to master the art of controlling their character's movement by leaning the Joy-Con controllers in just the right direction. It sounds complicated, but after weeks of testing each control scheme, Rodrigo said he's found it to be the most versatile way to play. Even so, it's not the only way to play. "There are button controls," he said. "So there are controls for all different types."

The core of the game is based around one-on-one arm-extending combat, but today Nintendo announced a few additional game modes. All of them play off of the game's boxing mechanics in a slightly different way. Skillshot challenges players to knock down more targets than their opponent in a carnival-style shooting gallery, and the game's Hoops mode only lets players score points by executing a successful grab move on their opponent to slam dunk them into a basketball hoop. There's also a new four-player battle mode called Team Fight that pits two teams against each other while simultaneously handicapping both by tying each player to her teammate. Basically, if your partner gets thrown by an opponent, you do too -- forcing players to work together to succeed.

As our time with Arms wound down, I left feeling a little nostalgic -- not for the Wii Sports Boxing experience Nintendo is worried Arms will be mistaken for but for the original Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo 64. Like Smash, Arms is a lighthearted, competition-focused brawler with endearing characters, unique stages and excellently balanced gameplay. The game is easy to pick up, and it's the perfect local multiplayer experience to share with friends -- but it also seems difficult to master, which may lend it enough complexity to keep competitive gamers engaged. It's this depth that sets it apart from Wii Sports Boxing and what will make the game a worthy addition to the Switch library of those who can see past the superficial similarities of Arms' gesture-based control scheme.

Arms will likely wind up being a game very much like Splatoon -- a fun, imaginative ideal for competitive multiplayer that doesn't completely make sense until you try it for yourself. Fortunately, Nintendo seems to understand this: Nintendo Switch owners will be able to try Arms for free during Global Test Punch events, during the last weekend of May and the first weekend of June. If the free taste gets you hooked, you won't have to wait long for the full game either: Arms launches for Nintendo Switch on June 16th.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/17/dnp ... rts-games/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

+

Even though the motion control scheme is fantastic...for those bitching about "waggle", just play the fucking game with non-motion traditional controls which is fully supported within the game... :roll:

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yawn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: Waggle "fighting" games :lol:

Will wait for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and continue playing SF5 :up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

These ARMS playable characters just keep getting more and more fucking insane. :lol:

Introducing Byte & Barq. A robot who competes with a companion robot dog to help co-attack enemies...
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

A MUST SEE brand new trailer for Splatoon 2... :shock:
Japan is sooo fucking hyped for Splatoon 2, that Nintendo's online store has now run out of stock of the Nintendo Switch. Also the newly announced Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch bundle completely sold out within SECONDS on Amazon Japan, and newly announced Splatoon 2 amiibo's & accessories are all dominating Japan's Amazon best sellers list... :D
JAPAN - MY NINTENDO STORE SELLS OUT OF SWITCH SHIPMENTS IN MINUTES

The My Nintendo store had another Switch restock in Japan, and as most would expect, the restocks sold out in minutes. The daytime restock saw the shipments disappear in about 20 minutes, while the nighttime restock was sold out in about 10. The next restock is scheduled for May 25th.

JAPAN - SPLATOON 2 SWITCH BUNDLE HITS AMAZON, SELLS OUT IN SECONDS

Here's something that will shock no one. Japan has snatched up the first wave of Splatoon 2 Switch bundles crazy-fast. The preorders went live on Amazon, and almost instantly, they were all spoken for. No word on when more will be added for purchase.

AMAZON JAPAN'S TOP 10 BEST-SELLING GAME ITEMS LIST IS BEING DOMINATED BY SPLATOON 2

Splatoon 2 insanity has officially hit Japan. The first game was a big hit in Japan, and the second could blast the Switch into the stratusphere. As of right now, 9 of the top 10 items on Amazon's best-sellers list for gaming are Splatoon 2 related. The game, the bundle, the amiibo, the controllers and cases...you name it. If it has Splatoon 2 branding on it, Japan wants it!

+

A better look at the new Splatoon 2 themed accessories...

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Even with massive shortages, the Nintendo Switch has dominated America for the second month in a row. :up:
Nintendo Switch Leads US Hardware Sales Again In April

Ahead of tomorrow's release of the NPD Group sales report for April in the US, Nintendo has shared some of the big news regarding Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Citing NPD data, Nintendo said that Switch sales topped 280,000 units in the US during April, making it the month's No. 1 system. It's the second month in a row that's been the case, as it was also the top seller during its debut month of March. Sales would likely be even higher if Switch weren't facing supply issues, which GameStop has previously said may last for the entire year.

On the software side, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was the month's top-selling game, with over 460,000 physical copies sold. Bear in mind, the game only launched on April 28, and the NPD's report for April only tracked sales through April 29. Combined with digital sales, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe topped 550,000 units sold.

1-2-Switch and Snipperclips enjoyed "strong" sales in April, while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Switch was the month's No. 3 best-seller

In fact people are soooo desperate to get their hands on Nintendo'S newest gaming system (and most in America cannot because it's so damn popular), that some are deciding to purchase Nintendo's NES CLASSIC (an official Nintendo miniature replica of the NES, that includes 30 built-in games from the NES software library).

IN FACT...THE NES CLASSIC IS NOW OUTSELLING XB1/PS4/PS4 PRO IN AMERICA... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NES Classic Edition outsold PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in April

Spring is a time for renewal. Just ask Nintendo’s bank account.

The publisher revealed earlier this week that it had the No. 1 best-selling console in the United States last month with the Switch. But actually had the top two spots, according to industry-tracking firm The NPD group.

“Nintendo owned the top 2 platforms in unit sales for the month, with the Nintendo Switch at No. 1, followed by NES Classic,” NPD analyst Mat Piscatella.

The company’s throwback retro miniconsole, the NES Classic Edition, landed just behind the Switch. That means that it outsold both Microsoft’s Xbox One and Sony’s PlayStation 4.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: NINTENDO SWITCH OUTSELLS XB1 & PS4 TWO MONTHS IN A ROW!

Post by t0mby »

I don't understand how a console with fuck all to play is outselling consoles with heaps of games worthy of playing. Either..

A: Most people that want a PS4 have one and anyone else is waiting for the Scorpio.

B: Nintendo fans are retarded.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

t0mby wrote:I don't understand how a console with fuck all to play is outselling consoles with heaps of games worthy of playing. Either..

A: Most people that want a PS4 have one and anyone else is waiting for the Scorpio.

B: Nintendo fans are retarded.
I think cause it's the new kids d on the block. PS4 shows what true staying power is. Can the Switch do what the PS4 has consistently done since launch?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Unsurprisingly enough, the feminist-themed Horizon: Zero Dawn fell way down the charts. The title fell all the way down to 12th place in the top 20 software sales for April. This is significant because it only had a day's worth of recorded sales for the March NPD, and had all of March to dominate for the April NPD. As Venture Beat reported last month, Horizon: Zero Dawn only managed fourth place in the March stats.

Meanwhile, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has maintained it's top 10 run since launching in March, showing that it certainly has strong sales legs to stand on.

Bahahahaha..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eat shit Aloy - ya flat-chested freckly little ranga cunt! :thefinger:

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Meanwhile, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has maintained it's top 10 run since launching in March, showing that it certainly has strong sales legs to stand on.
Excellent grammar. Must be a reliable source.

I think it's obvious that switch users are just re-buying Zelda every week hoping someone puts in a coaster.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Twiztid Elf wrote:There was a new Direct out today focusing on Arms. There is also a short Splatoon2 trailer at the end.
I'm still on the fence on Arms, but it doesn't look too bad.
It is something I will have to try before I buy. I liked games like Virtua ON where you see the opponent from behind the back of the character and range must be accurately judged, but I have always prefered a fighter where I can see from the side more.

It does seem a lot deeper than I first thought. If anyone here becomes a fan I would like to hear why they love it. New IP always have to struggle to prove themselves.

The stretchy arms things reminds so much of the attack in Genesis of Aquarion.
In the show one of the moves the combiner robots can do is the infinity punch:
I bet nintendo adds a super robot to the game later inspired by that :P Notice how the pilots even use Waggle controls? It's been settled: that waggle motion controls are the best control types for all super robots of the future. Both G gundam and Aquarion can't be wrong.

And LOL at candy arse: Nobody gives a fuck what you think. :lol: You're the guy that hates Crackdown, thinks Zelda BOTW is a 7 game, and defends Mass Effect Andromeda for EA you fucking shill. You lost so much credibility when you took the side of the SJWs and help anti-white racists who work for EA get jobs you disgusting fuck. Face it, all the great triple A masterpieces are console exclusives so at some point you will cave and get a Switch you self hating closet nintendo fan.

And if you want to spar good players you need to stop playing online as there is lag which is not the same as being in a tournament you dumb shit. Stop defending capcom for taking out modes you fucking annoying shit. The average player of games wants a full package right out of the box not some half arsed release with promises that the whole game will be complete later. If namco, Arc System Works, Nintendo, and all the other companies include story and arcade modes and all the things we used to get out of the box on day one, then capcom should be forced to include this too. Thanks to you SF5 got shit reviews. STOP DEFENDING SHIT GAMES! :evil:

And stop encouraging people to play on pc instead of console. Console offer closed platform goodness. Nobody is going to spar you on your hacked pc platform where you altered the game with porn mods you pervert. No wonder the feminists want to edit the boob jiggle from the fighting games because of idiots like you who are giving a bad name to fighting game fans. Hopefully Boomy may learn not to trust you by believing that having less content in a game is better than having more content. You are crazy. This time I don't think nintendo really need your money because they are doing well enough for this platform. No pressure to buy a switch, but it's your loss if you don't. Can't wait for the new Xenoblade coming to it. Nintendo will never go the way of Sega you clueless shit. There are just too many nintendo fans and this pisses you off which makes everyone happy because you are a pirate anyway so we don't give a shit what you do. If sega had the idea to make their own Amibos maybe they would still be making sequels to Virtua ON or giving us a 3D transbot game that plays like Afterburner but with twin stick controls for robot mode to fight in close range. But nooo you defected to the ps2 which ended up winning and had worse graphics than Xbox original.

Nintendo won't make the same mistakes as sega. Shen Mue failed. Zelda BOTW sold like crazy. And the world is happy while you are sad. Suck shit PC loser. Consoles are immortal. Mid-gen upgrade has solved the complaints about not having 60fps at 1080P (see options in The Surge where you can play at 60fps) Whatever weakness console have is counter-acted by being stable system, and affordable enough to peasants in order to make sales of games more easy for developers who respond to high userbase numbers. If you make it too expensive, you sell less overall games since less people can afford the console; scaring away the third parties who want to sell to as wide a base as possible. The death of consoles isn't coming ok? Get over it.
Last edited by GameHED on 19 May 2017 07:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.