Nintendo switch thread for mental patients

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Re: SWITCH IS SELLING "PHENOMENALLY" & "COULD ECLIPSE THE WI

Post by GameHED »

That's because Daggerfall came out to pc about then. Mario64 being on cart meant the levels were small. There needs to be a remake of daggerfall using fire emblem characters. Now that they mastered open world action-adventure games in one go, the next conquest is tactical rpg open world game.

Make It drop in and out co-op and in realtime. I was angry when psvita never Got oblivion
Travels. Now that Switch is portable It is Time to steal the ideas of pc Games and place them on Nintendo Systems.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

BOTW PATCH RELEASED (FRAME RATE ISSUES FOR SWITCH RESOLVED)

Post by Jasper »

It had already been discussed that the slight frame-rate issues for the Switch version of BOTW was entirely software related and not hardware.... :P
Breath of the Wild Frame-Rate Issues Are Not Power-Related, Originally Ran at 60fps on Switch

According to independent Nintendo developer Bplus games, the frame-rate issues in Breath of the Wild are not related to the game’s resolution or system power, as previously thought. Instead, the developer says the issues are due to programming bugs.

The current notion is that the frame-rate drops in the Switch version of Breath of the Wild are power-related, because the game tends to perform better in portable mode. It is thought that because the game runs at 720p in portable mode, that is why it performs better than in TV mode, which is reported to run at 900p.

However, according to the developer, this not the case. Instead, he asserts that the Switch does have enough power to run the game well in both modes, even at a higher resolution. He says the frame-rate drop problem is due to poor optimization of the programming for the game in TV mode:

"Most of the frame-rate issues in Zelda are just programming failures. If Nintendo sets the right people to it they can totally fix them.

Some dev friends and I have the same feeling about that. Because sometimes it is just a specific zoom ratio that makes the frame-rate drop. Just zoom in a bit closer or further away and it runs super smooth.

The problem is that the game wants to show both near and far LOD (Level of Detail) objects. This is a frame-rate killer if two objects are in each other. To show that, it would need around 10 times the power.

And if you see Kakariko Village, the framerate hell there, and then the more beautiful Hateno Village, which runs super smoothly, you see that doesn’t make sense. So something else is going wrong there".

I mention that in my experience, the frame-rate issues usually only happen when there is a lot of grass near Link. I believe this is because of all of the detail and animations there are to render for each piece of grass on screen at once.

But he explains:

"Yes, but if you zoom in just an inch or two, it has to show even more details of grass, yet it runs super smoothly again. Same thing when you zoom out just a bit. So on that one zoom ratio, it needs to render too much. It is an LOD problem that is known by the devs that need to handle that".

So indeed, it is not even an issue directly with the grass itself, but instead an issue of how much detail is rendered at certain zoom ratios.

I mention that the portable mode does change more things besides resolution, as noted by Digital Foundry, so this means more things change in TV mode too.

He agrees, but says there are even more changes beyond those.

"A lot of things change between docked mode for Switch, besides the resolution.

The distance for LOD’s are changed, the types of texture filters, the distance of texture filters, levels of tri-linear mappings, etc.

All depending on graphics. But for example, the zoom ratio of the LODs are changed, which is a coding part. That also would bold the issue with the zoom level frame-rate issues.

So yes, it is a programming issue in TV mode that doesn’t relate to power.

I’m sure Nintendo has the right people to know the issue and to solve it, so we’ll see if they issue another patch soon".

So indeed, the frame-rate issues in Breath of the Wild are a programming issue that can be easily solved by Nintendo, if it is simply the case of having the LOD set to the wrong values at certain zoom ratios.

If so, it should be reassuring to people who thought the Switch wasn’t strong enough to run Zelda in TV mode at a higher resolution – it’s simply a programming issue, not a raw GPU power issue. If the issue is indeed this simple, it would seem easy to fix, so let’s hope Nintendo issues an update soon!

One more interesting tidbit:

"If you take a closer look, you can see a lot of things changing. BUT they could have done more!

From what Nintendo devs told me, the whole game originally ran at 60 frames on Switch. But they did not want it to have too many hiccups. So they focused it down to 30 frames.

There is enough of power there to run the game well. Just some programming issues.

I understand an open world at that size, it is unbelievable how smooth it all runs when you think of what it does load all the time and that it all works in real time".

Well....Nintendo have just now released a patch to resolve this problem! :up:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com ... a_id/25568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: BOTW PATCH RELEASED (FRAME RATE ISSUES FOR SWITCH RESOLV

Post by Cletus »

Typical nontendo...releasing a half baked game and fixing it later
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Don't worry guys, Nintendo released the patch for Wii U as well. Save yourself the $500.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Gosh, I hate the fact that YOU of all people are playing a Nintendo game. You are so not fucking worthy of the "Nintendo Magic". :roll:

I hope in say 2 years, Nintendo releases a Breath of the Wild follow up sequel for the Nintendo Switch (akin to Ocarina of Time releasing in 1998 on N64 & it's continuation follow-up...Majora's Mask releasing in 2000 on N64)...just so that YOU don't get to play it! :down:

Makes me feel really good also that in about 6 months time, you're going to miss out on Super Mario Odyssey (the first real 3D Mario platformer in 15 years - since the release of Super Mario Sunshine). 8)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Scullibundo wrote:Don't worry guys, Nintendo released the patch for Wii U as well. Save yourself the $500.
Awesome!

Who would be dumb enough to buy a Switch when the only game on there is just as good on Wii U for $420 cheaper? :lol:
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

If they release another great Zelda on Switch, I'll be there in a heartbeat. But why the fuck would anybody who owns a Wii U buy a Switch right now when Breath of the Wild exists on Wii U in a near-identical state.

Yeah, sometimes I'd love to be able to play it in bed, but it's not worth $500 for that. I love Mario, and will see if one game is enough to make me shell out $500 for. Because for now, shelling out $500 for the same shit that's available on the system one already has is something only a crazy fanboy would do.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Scullibundo wrote:Yeah, sometimes I'd love to be able to play it in bed, but it's not worth $500 for that.
Oh really?!?...it's not worth $500 to lay your fat arse in bed and play BOTW like this slob... :?

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Before and after today's patch... :up: :up: :up:
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

I'll wait for the CEMU patch for 1080p/60fps.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Enjoy your wait! :up:

By the time your glitchy mess CEMU version of BotW (chock-full of audio problems, animation errors, controller problems, broken textures, slowdown, etc) is ready for you to play, I would have already moved onto Super Mario Odyssey (aka the second contender for "Best Game Ever Made" besides BotW).... :)

And sucks to be you that your precious CEMU can't help you steal Super Mario Odyssey (or any other future Nintendo Switch game). :cry:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... e-progress
Even using CEMU, the pre-existing fan-made Wii U to PC emulator, those involved estimated Zelda would take months of work, such was the size of the game and the complexities of its systems.

Fast forward two weeks later, and there has been remarkable progress.

Where previously the group could only show off the game's opening cave, a new gameplay video shows the game running almost as well as it does on Nintendo's own hardware.

The framerate still isn't quite up to scratch (a complaint you could also level at the main game), but the number of things now working after so short a time is genuinely stunning.

Combat works fine, exploration and the world's physics systems appear to function correctly, you can enter and solve Shrine puzzle dungeons, you can use the game's rune powers correctly... the list goes on.
Long wait eh? :lol:

Also, with this funding, I bet these guys are quitting their day jobs:
A fortnight ago CEMU was supported by 1857 people, who collectively donated $7782 per month (around £6300). It's now supported by 5135 people, who donate nearly $22k a month (more than £17k).
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

And the Switch, like every Nintendo system before it, given the under powered nature of each Nintendo hardware release, will be emulated by dudes in their Mum's basement in no time.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

PhoneMonkey wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... e-progress
Even using CEMU, the pre-existing fan-made Wii U to PC emulator, those involved estimated Zelda would take months of work, such was the size of the game and the complexities of its systems.

Fast forward two weeks later, and there has been remarkable progress.

Where previously the group could only show off the game's opening cave, a new gameplay video shows the game running almost as well as it does on Nintendo's own hardware.

The framerate still isn't quite up to scratch (a complaint you could also level at the main game), but the number of things now working after so short a time is genuinely stunning.

Combat works fine, exploration and the world's physics systems appear to function correctly, you can enter and solve Shrine puzzle dungeons, you can use the game's rune powers correctly... the list goes on.
Long wait eh? :lol:

Also, with this funding, I bet these guys are quitting their day jobs:
A fortnight ago CEMU was supported by 1857 people, who collectively donated $7782 per month (around £6300). It's now supported by 5135 people, who donate nearly $22k a month (more than £17k).
WOW...so now they have released not one but two short clips of CEMU running BotW?!? :shock: :wanker:

A few minutes of CEMU footage means NOTHING and absolutely DOES NOT represent how the entire game will actually run (and that's what actually matters...a silky smooth gaming experience from start to finish, and NOT plagued with CEMU common problems). :?

For a true representation of CEMU's capabilities, go back to Candy's previous post where he's bragging about Mario Kart 8 running on CEMU - and the video he posted shows CEMU spazzing out with a huge fucking glitch right in the middle of a race. :lol:

Fur fuck's sake...CEMU can't even get a playable version of Xenoblade Chronicles X to run, and the CEMU team have been trying relentlessly to get it to work for almost two years. :redface:
PhoneMonkey wrote:And the Switch, like every Nintendo system before it, given the under powered nature of each Nintendo hardware release, will be emulated by dudes in their Mum's basement in no time.
WRONG!!! :down:

The only reason CEMU even exists is because the Gamecube/Wii/Wii U ALL used similar super old IBM processors/CPU's (though with tweaked differences between GC/Wii/Wii U), whilst the Switch is brand spanking new technology - encompassing a modern Nvidia Tegra processor/CPU...and of course an Nvidia GPU (a first for Nintendo).

The Switch is much more modern and powerful than Wii U, and thus if you're expecting to play future Switch games (e.g. Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2)...you're going to be waiting a very, very, very long time (and even then, it will be glitchy as fuck). :lol:

Gamecube:

Wii:

Wii U:

Switch:

Last edited by Jasper on 31 Mar 2017 09:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

The progress that two blokes, no doubt sitting on shit buckets now their getting paid 20 gorillas a month, is absolutely astounding. Dolphin, in it's current fine form, took a bit of time in the oven and it is hands down one of the best emulators developed.

I enjoy Nintendo games. But I also enjoy high frame rates and high fidelity. If these two blokes can achieve a 4K/60fps BoTW on PC, it will undoubtedly be the best way to enjoy this great game.

And in terms of your suggestion of difficulty in emulating t he Switch, it is a stock as a rock ARM processor with an NVIDIA GPU - Android emu's exist right now and run great - will make the job for CEMU guys a lot easier down the track.

But it's OK Jasper. Change is always difficult. Sega fans have been through what you're going through right now, and honestly I understand your pain - one of your beloved is being decimated in the unrelenting pursuit of progress. But it is progress that will benefit many in the long run.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I wonder if CEMU will emulate the faulty joycon issue?
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Candy Arse wrote:I wonder if CEMU will emulate the faulty joycon issue?
If people want an authentic experience, I'm sure they'll code it in.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

PhoneMonkey wrote:If these two blokes can achieve a 4K/60fps BoTW on PC
WOW...you're a fucking moron! :redface:

Your precious "blokes" still can't get a fucking 2 year old game like Xenoblade Chronicles X to an even playable frame rate. They can't even get a 3 year old game like Mario Kart 8 to play without spazzing out mid race.

It's silly cunts like you who they laugh at behind your backs. These neck-beaded "blokes" are getting your pussy wet at the idea of being able to steal a Nintendo game, and emptying out your back pocket and making themselves richer because of PC nerds like you throwing money at them. :roll:

It reminds me of the vaporware version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that Candy Arse was hyping up here at Games Ranch. The person behind it was a fedora wearing absolute nobody nerd who goes by the name xSonic521x (his photo below)... :redface:

This was the the actual OFFICIAL synopsis about the version of Zelda: TP that Candy Arse was hyping up & anticipating...

This project is suppose to make revolutionary changes to the game, such as gameplay changes, more dungeons, advanced lighting effects, dynamic shadows, high polys, better animations, reflections, etc. This project is going to be more of an ACTUAL remake, instead of a simple texture pack. Let us fans make the Zelda game that we always wanted Twilight Princess to be!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PhoneMonkey...don't be a Candy Arse and put your trust in "blokes" who are asking for money and promising you such shit like fedora nerd's REMAKE of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (a game that took Nintendo's largest development team of well over a hundred staff members approximately HALF A DECADE to complete).

FYI - the PayPal link for fedora nerd's Zelda: TP remake is now dead (I guess he scammed all the money he needed)... :down:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... a50933f9b2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper's trying a little too hard now.

You've got the $80 Wii U version of BoTW patched and the same as the $500 Switch version while the Superior PC version is really closing the gap fast.

I'm sensing serious buyer's remorse...
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

:lol: I wouldn't hand out my money to some stooge doing a remake, I'm talking about an emulator that has made solid progress in emulator terms and will offer a superior way of enjoying these titles in the near future. Nester, SNes9x, UltraHLE, Dolphin, along with countless others and now CEMU - embrace the inevitable, trust me, you'll enjoy it when it comes around.

Plus, why would I want to pay someone money when I can already enjoy the superior GAMECUBE NINTENDO version Twilight Princess in 1080p on Dolphin right now?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

PhoneMonkey wrote:Plus, why would I want to pay someone money when I can already enjoy the superior GAMECUBE NINTENDO version Twilight Princess in 1080p on Dolphin right now?
Take it up with your puppet-master, Candy Arse. He's the one who was hyped up and creaming his pants over some vapourware version of Zelda: TP! :redface:

I really hope Candy Arse flogging a money-making scam remake of Zelda: TP here at Games Ranch, didn't result in some fellow forum members actually handing over their money to the fedora nerd. :down:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

PhoneMonkey wrote::lol: I wouldn't hand out my money to some stooge doing a remake, I'm talking about an emulator that has made solid progress in emulator terms and will offer a superior way of enjoying these titles in the near future. Nester, SNes9x, UltraHLE, Dolphin, along with countless others and now CEMU - embrace the inevitable, trust me, you'll enjoy it when it comes around.

Plus, why would I want to pay someone money when I can already enjoy the superior GAMECUBE NINTENDO version Twilight Princess in 1080p on Dolphin right now?
Destroyed :lol:

I was downloading some games for Dolphin through the week :up:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Destroyed? :?

We've got you - a poor sap who ended up with blue balls courtesy of some fedora wearing beta geek promising to remake Zelda: TP (something which never happened...and was really a money making scam), and then we also have your povo peasant puppet PhoneMonkey who's getting hyped up at the thought of maybe one day being able to play a barely playable glitchy version of BotW. :redface:

Have fun tinkering with your PC's in mummy and daddy's basement to get CEMU to work properly for at least 30 seconds before it fucks up on you... :lol:

Me on the other hand? This is me playing BotW in the now and present from my first class suite aboard a Singapore Airlines flight to an exotic location to meet a client... 8)

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: SWITCH IS THE FASTEST SELLING NINTENDO HARDWARE IN HISTO

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Anyone care to play some Zelda: BotW on board a long-haul flight? :up:

No it's not.

You play your Switch on the long commutes to your shitty, underpaying 9-5 that is slowly draining your life away yet you haven't got the guts or brains to do anything meaningful of your own.

This explains why you sell off your old Nintendo systems and games to fund new purchases.

Shit, I know for a fact my Nintendo collection makes a mockery of yours.

Fake Nintendo fan you are :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

P.S I downloaded Twilight Princess on PC, looks spectacular :up: