XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

COD: Warzone FTP

Post by lestat »

Free to download and play on PC/XBX/PS4, been watching some streams today and it looks quite fun, some interesting gameplay additions with the gulag and money system.

It has full cross play so hopefully we should see good active servers in Australia. The games are 150 players in size so you need the biggest player pool possible.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: COD: Warzone FTP

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'm going to install this. Mister Gun advises it's on some GR XBoxes. It does look good and is a more casual play than PUBG. Maybe I'll just grab the new Modern Warfare which I hear has a very good campaign.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Downloading now along with the standard edition Modern Warfare which I bought as it's 25% off. 200 giggerydoos. :shock:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Cross play works really well on this, been playing with xbox ranchers on PC no problems. I think the plunder mode is more fun than the BR mode.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

COD: Warzone FTP

Got it set up last night. Played the practice rounds and first couple of Modern Warfare campaign missions. Wonderfully optimised game. Detected max settings and is smooth as silk at around 90-120 fps for my 6700k/5700XT system. Mentioning performance in case others considering a go.

Campaign is looking great so far.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Modern Warfare campaign visuals are insane. The 'Clean House' night mission looks straight up real and is tense as hell to play.

I'm seeing lestat online. I would've sent a whisper but my two year old has only just learned how to escape the cot and is constantly barging out of his room. Concerned he might injure himself so we're trying to transition to a bed, blah, blah, parenting. Makes it difficult to plug into chat and multi.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

First week back after lockdown. It's been a bit hard to get on and do chat this week. It should be kind of back to normal in the next couple of days or so.

I'm not really sold on the Plunder mode, it's ok. BR mode is quite well done though. I very like it.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Finished my Destiny 2 chores which were time limited due to the current season ending. Looking forward to playing Modern Warfare more. Still going through the campaign which is extremely well done, though it does stray into the needlessly gratuitous at times.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Modern Warfare storage requirements are enormous. Easily the biggest I've seen. Destiny 2 is large at around 100gb in size and the recent new season is a 3-ish gb download. Modern Warfare is a 200gb game and the latest season is a 44gb download. :shock:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Are there field upgrades in BR that let you see opponents through walls? During a BR solo round last night I heard a dude going room to room so I quietly crouched in a corner adjacent to the door and aimed a LMG as I would in PUBG. The position meant I was not in his line of sight upon the door opening. The door opened but he didn't come straight in. Then he jumps in and immediately chucks a molotov in the corner I was crouched in. He knew I was there.

Also Plunder appears to be gone with Warzone Rumble (50v50 deathmatch) in its place for now. I tried Warzone Rumble and soon learned it's a sniper's paradise.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

There is a heartbeat sensor and UAV people can use to find your position, but if you run cold blooded and ghost perks, those things are useless.

The game is infested with cheaters, I see them on a daily basis. That's why I generally just like playing ground war or plunder, I feel the hackers are less annoying and rage inducing in those modes if you come across one.

This is the dark side of cross play and PC gaming, Especially since corona started I have noticed a huge uptick in people hacking in games online.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Plunder is confirmed to return soon. Played another solo BR last night and was wiped early. Won my Gulag match though and was able to progress. Gulag is great. I've won about 50% of my Gulag 1v1s. It's teaching me to be more aggressive which seems to be the better Gulag strategy.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

200 player matches for Warzone.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/call-of-duty ... g-tonight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

The 12hz tick rate needs improvement before throwing more players on the servers.

Games are already really long with the gulag and players being able to buy their team mates back in, 200 person game is going to feel like an eternity and the way you go down quick with the poor server tick rate, I'd say it would cause more frustration than being fun.