Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by Scullibundo »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
Hadn't seen anyone post anything about this recently...

Gotta say that if the trailer is anything to go by... holy fuck...

Call me when there's a gameplay trailer.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

CG is better then avatards!

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:Why do we need to be warned?

Like it said, it comes out in 2015. It's ages away.
That's what I'm worried about. The game should come out sooner (but not be rushed out with sloppy effort). All this time and all we get is animation. Why does it take so long to make it? They should not announce anyhting unless they have something to announce.

meh Everyone is worried we will all be dead soon.

WWIII will be coming and people are already setting up their underground cities.
If this game comes out nobody will be left to buy it. The neocons are killing the economy (it will be pirated by people like candy arse who is too poor to buy a wii) and ready to throw everyone into camps. Hurry up and release real gameplay info! We've seen that stuff before. Sif people will preorder this game based on some intro animation. How can you decide whether it will be awesome based on that little bit of info? You just think it looks cool which doesn't mean the game will be. What if it isn't? You just wasted time hyping up something. You don't have to be some expert to figure that out.

Haha I thought you ignored my posts. I love that you lie to the forum so much. There are lots of things that receive hype but end up disappointing people (ie sonic games) so it pays to take a cautious approach. Many game series that you guys hyped a lot (for instance resident evil 6) ended up stinking. You are deliberately making us all buy crap games to waste our money as part of some sick bet you made with others that you could get us all to buy all the crap games while you avoid them and then laugh as people realise they were tricked. That's what I think is happening. You can't possibly like FF13. I don't believe you.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Game should come out sooner but not be rushed. Yup. You're three litres of fucking crazy in a two litre bucket.

I have you on ignore but every now and then your posts aren't hidden... clearly lizardmen...

And I find that insulting to everyone else that you think they'd be influenced by my choices in games.

Let's see now... last year I bought....

Mass Effect 3
Dance Central 2
Dust
Fez

Yup... pretty terrible game choices there... :roll:
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

If we took every village idiot around the world and put them all in a new village, and if we put Gamehed in that village with them.......He would be the village idiot of that village.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

InceptionHED.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

bahahaha
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The guy gave us no information about the game.

The world is
Dark
wet
has nasty people
big guns

Tell us something with real information. Can we expect to make weapons by downloading them to computers and 3D printing them?
Will the world be adapted for a modern audience or stay traditional?

What about things like the perspective? FPV or 3rd person? Or top down? And do you guide the weapon or is it going to be like fallout 3 vats system where you use action points to simulate taking turns and it autoaims? (or both)

We have seen the matrix and blade runner and know that is the feel of it. Talk about the game now. Don't let Cyberfunk trick us into buying shit games. This is the guy that likes FF13 and keeps replying to my posts knowing he can easily ignore them but wishing he can break people's fingers off and then gets angry when you accuse him of being violent person and potential mass killer for liking horror movies. (if you like violence and are violent in real life I would be worried. Mainstream media will exaggerate the behavior of gamers in stories about them in order to ban violent videogames which is why I get pissed when they deliberately look for these people to represent the average gamer who I think is a calm nice person)

This game will end up getting banned. Hurry up and release it before they blame it on shootings.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

LOL Shaneus that is hilarious.

GameHED stfu
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

gtfo GH
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Suit yourself. I don't care if you get excite over a trailer. But remember you all hyped Syndicate and that wasn't even that great. Just warning you that you could be getting excited about a game that might be crap. I'm not saying it will be crap but that there is little information about it.

As David Icke warned we are about to have world war 3. They need to get the guns off the public when they start to panic and right now this is going to result in violent civil war. For now the average joe is not even aware how close they are to extinction.
Buy weapons. Buy food. Prepare for more shootings and the blame to be aimed at videoggames and gun owners so they can assassinate survivalists. There are going to be many tv show made to demonise guns and preppers much like Avatar was used to help push carbon tax. This will be used to justify killing everyone by painting freedom fighters as evil.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Syndicate was pretty good, it's just hard. The MP is sublime.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I want to play the PC version of Syndicate.
Sveky

Post by Sveky »

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Cyberpunk-2077/6573211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Scullibundo wrote: Image

Call me when there's a gameplay trailer.
My thoughts too. It reminds me of when people lost their shit over that Dead Island trailer. I don't get it. Cinematic trailers are fine but they can annoy me when they seem to have little relation to the actual game and just seem to be a proof of concept trailer that is proof of nothing really.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Well, considering it's slated for (roughly) 2015 then I think it's better than nothing at all. I mean, at least they included a secret message with some *actual* info in it:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Pointy Cat wrote:
My thoughts too. It reminds me of when people lost their shit over that Dead Island trailer. I don't get it. Cinematic trailers are fine but they can annoy me when they seem to have little relation to the actual game and just seem to be a proof of concept trailer that is proof of nothing really.
So... what you're saying is that its pointless for us to appreciate the quality of a trailer and artistic direction that went into it?

I thought the teaser was great on its merits as a teaser but I loved the music and the overall vibe. The game indeed yanks away but if they maintain that standard of artistic direction and world atmosphere.. that is something to be excited about.

If it does a dead island (promises some riveting emotionally charged story with highly emotional music and then goes all 17yr old US school kid with bad heavy metal and shit house unbelievable character attitudes) I will be disappointed but really... its that far away for me too care right now.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

No, like I said - I don't get it. Appreciate all you like if that's what you want to do. Just voicing my thoughts on such trailers, not telling anyone how they should react. There's been a number of these kind of trailers that have me thinking "yeah, AND?" after seeing them and personally I can just get a bit annoyed with them now. But nonetheless I'm not trying to shit on it, I hope it's good, people seem excited.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Understood... Ultimately they can make or break someone's purchase. Dead Island is the perfect example. I loved the Dead Island trailer. I was really keen on it but then when I got more info and gameplay trailers were released and you could see that NONE of the atmosphere of the trailer was in there.. yeah... I flat out refused to buy it. I don't really do FPS and given that it was soo soo sooo american gung ho bullshit... yeah.. not interested.

The Cyberpunk 2077 trailer is just that.. a trailer but I have higher hopes this time around given that it is coming from the Witcher 2 peeps.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
Pointy Cat wrote:
So... what you're saying is that its pointless for us to appreciate the quality of a trailer and artistic direction that went into it?

I thought the teaser was great on its merits as a teaser but I loved the music and the overall vibe. The game indeed yanks away but if they maintain that standard of artistic direction and world atmosphere.. that is something to be excited about.

If it does a dead island (promises some riveting emotionally charged story with highly emotional music and then goes all 17yr old US school kid with bad heavy metal and shit house unbelievable character attitudes) I will be disappointed but really... its that far away for me too care right now.
Heavy metal is awesome. It's the final fantasy 13 fans who are the 17 years old people.

I would love for them to scrap cyberpunk (dues ex already did cyberpunk, move on) and go for roadwar 2000 remake.
Fallout had 50s music ad loads of walking. I want metal music and vehicles. But unlike carmack's post apoc game, it is a RPG more than shooter. Dark depressing cities are in pretty much all xbox 360 games.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Thread ressurection!

Quality eurogamer article on the Cyberpunk boardgame history here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... rojekt-red" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still have the first edition which is just called cyberpunk. Might have a look into the book later. I believe powered armor is superior alternative to cyborg people thanks to BubbleGum Crisis 2030. I just see the concept of letting corporation remove your body parts to replace them with artificial ones kinda silly to be honest. But in the 80s it was cool idea which introduces flaws in soldiers. For example if you came up against a cyborg hunter who has weapons that are specifically effective against robots, then you are doomed. But if you had powered armor suit like Priss in Bubblegum crisis you can eject from the suit, escape death and live to fight another day just like the mobile suit in Gundam shows. Much more practical. I hope they upgrade the universe a bit to reflect where we are today in the real world with exo-suit as seen in the call of duty games set in the future.

The author should expose himself to as many sci-fi cyberpunk material as much to keep up to date with what is popular now as cyborgs are not seen as superhuman unstoppable killing machines these days but just another tool to enhance something. (see the movie "Gamer" where the guy who stars in the Dexter tv series is able to stun people by using the nanomachines to control his body and pretty much make him his puppet) They have weaknesses just like regular drones do. (eg drone jammers, which could be seen as the anti-mech/anticyborg tool)

This next project CDPR are working on will probably be focused on the punk side of things I hope. Shows like Ghost in the Shell and the Matrix movies helped to popularise the genre, but Bubblegum Crisis is what made it actually COOL where the punk was the good guy helping the poor guys who can't afford to fight bad guys. ie the good guys are people who play angry heavy metal music during the their free time and turning against the evil system by becoming vigilantes fighting for justice in a corrupt society which has become too dependent on technology to live and made the people weak and unable to fight against the tyrants whose products they use. The cops are incompetent with outdated mech that are too slow to catch the more agile and overpowered Boomer threat; hybrid beings which can shapeshift into different forms to outmanuever and outsmart the dumb cops who lack the tech to protect civilians from the rogue corporate criminals who have way more money than them. If cops can't deal with the boomer threat then you have to go underground and that's the cool part of it. No old geezer is going to be able to do this because he is inside the system, (more worried about not getting fired and losing his pension lol so is too scared to do anything right) so young people have to figure it out. (this appeals to rebellious teens who naturally don't want to take orders from authority) Knight Sabers were outside the system fighting for what's right not just a job to get a paycheck like the police who are inept thanks to being limited by laws and red tape to catch the bad guy who creates the regulations which stop certain crimes being solved. Whereas Ghost in the Shell just accepted it as normal, (the good guy is a cyborg, and everyone will eventually be a cyborg for convenience it brings) BGC sides with the fleshlings and shows the limits of the system in getting justice. (ie the rebels are the good guy, and they are cooler than the slaves who are stuck inside the Matrix with no solution thanks to the average joe on the street being a blue-piller who prefers blissful ignorance over realism)

Ghost in the Shell tends to promote collectivism and hive mind crap (having to connect to cyberspace to help you do things because you are a useless piece of shit that is lazy) while BGC prefers rugged individualism (each person must think for yourself and question the world around you instead of let it shape who you are). The punks are not always bad guys despite what Mad Max tells you. There are as many bad guys in lawful society as unlawful society and they want to be control freaks just as much as gangs want to control territories and steal from the other gangs or religious cults want to own your mind and scare the members into worshipping them as god. Power hungry dudes are the problem not technology which is neither good or bad.

related:
Creator of Cyberpunk telling us about the world he created
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Wow I had no idea the original reveal was in 2013! It seems like only 2 years ago. I need to finish Witcher 3 yet. Blarry blacklug!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Back in those days Pariah used to post here and japan used to be free of the illuminati influences.

Now today DARPA announces $65 million award for Brain-Computer interface and japan is probably going to solve its low birthrate problem with automation (look up "Herbivore men". The japanese president doesn't understand why people are not having sex)
Ghost in the Shell is here NOW. Soon your jobs will be taken over by lolis and furries with cyborg bodies. CDPR is probably going to make this game a warning for the people of today who are obsessed with placing shit on their bodies to merge with machines (google transhumanism if you think we are crazy). They already tested it on monkeys already. The comic books and movies were dead accurate. All the unemployed guys will probably end up on basic universal income (they tested this in india I think) and we are moving towards a cashless society. (cash will probably be outlawed and normal guys without cyber enhancments will have to use the darknet and bitcoin to buy shit and sell shit I predict. It's already happening now: japanese government accepts bitcoin as official currency)

Thanks to bitcoin venezuela people can survive using this cryptocurrency to avoid starvation.
People have woken up to the matrix a little bit since the 80s. Heavy Metal Music also made a bit of a revival again too. People are angry and looking for ways to exit existing systems to enjoy freedom. Drone Jammers are now available to stop NWO spying on you, and hilary losing the election = more time for gun owners to stock up on ammo for when the ilegals go into zombie horde mode and attack the rich white guy wearing all the marcus fenix body armor and trying to hold on to the last fragments of masculinity left in the western nations which are being cukified by the liberals who see men as evil.

It's the government workers serving the alien agenda that is evil. And they aren't really aliens, but possibly demonic entities using organic host bodies. (think of the dead giant in the Evangelion tv show. (the demon uses the organic robot body as a vessel to keep its spirit in this dimension - the greys are tiny robots for these unclean spirits to affect our physical world and the NWO works with them in exchange for power. The greys have no organs to feed themselves and could be thought of like sophisticated drone to interact with us risk-free)
nobody listens to the metal music in the 80s accept the satanists which is why they are laughing at us because people are asleep. Now look at the world: 5G low earth orbit sattelittes will track every square inch of the planet so you can't hide anywhere. No more dogging for you Tomby.