Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by GameHED »

t0mby wrote:
GameHED wrote:Great summary of E3 here. Cyberpunk 2077 was winner of the show but CDPR knows the controls for combat have to be good if they want to be fun for us hardcore gamers who play everything.

GH - "They should make a beat em up with sex mini games"
Me - "They did, Conan on PS3 & 360"
GH - "I didn't play that"

Confirmed, GH is not a hardcore gamer.
Conan was a God of War like. But not as good as it. You can't blame me. It's not like people get offended if I avoided dynasty warriors or Hyrule warriors and then say I am not a fan of zelda because you didn't spend time leveling up your guys in Hyrule Warriors enough to be complete.
I avoided Far Cry Primal (there are no guns in it) but still consider myself hardcore fan of far cry. Will get around to playing Far Cry primal properly but right now Monster Hunter World is out which is better hunting game. If you are hardcore you just play what you consider the best stuff at the time before you play the other stuff. It's about time: I spent more time playing the games that are good in depth than trying to play all the games in a genre just to say I am hardcore. The guys who play more of a good game are better hardcore gamers than ones that just play lots of games to appear hardcore because they like to try absolutely everything. We live in a tme now where there are lot of indie games that people haven't played becuase they are buried under so many bad ones. You can't know absolutely everything out there and even if you did, you would have to settle with playing only the best ones indepth since time is a limiting factor into everything you do. Games are getting bigger and longer these days too. I still want to play Elex and Kingdom Come and Yakuza 6. (Maybe will after YS VIII and Xenoblade2?) Not everyone is capable of playing them all on release. Especially if you own all the platforms and you like replaying old games again remastered. (eg going back as a different class in a open world rpg games)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I thought Conan was miles better apart from having fixed camera angles so opinions, like mine, are subjective.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Conan was great, red blooded males here played it back in the day. I'm sorry you got cucked so long ago.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Because MS didn't have God of War. I get it. Defend that hive.lol

As a nintendo man, I shouldn't really give a rat's left nut since Bayonetta shits on them all. And the main character is a girl. Men want to perv at things while killing not just watching bald space marines with a mythical skin added to make them feel secure. Nintendo wins the masculinity wars not sony or MS. I just feel that if a superior game is out you can be forgiven for forgetting about it. (most EA games which are made for kids for eg Dante's Inferno)

In the old days games were not ashamed to admit they were made for the man. Sex minigames, ability to run over hooker without being taken off shelves of department stores, blood, gore and nudity that didn't need to be attached to having justification for having it there other than because it looks cool. You guys are the cucked gamers that lost your T levels and who are scared of what others will say about your hobby rather than embracing it and being proud of the games for being fun. Not us, the true gamers that buy nintendo games and give zelda 10s in reviews. (thank God nintendo didn't cave into the SJW like Sony does and turn link into a chic. There is a character called Linkle for that and nintendo are not going to budge to weak beta males whose wives control their money and boss them around and whine about lack of strong feminist messages in gaming)

If sony want my respect (not that I care for it, it's a brand that appeals more to teenagers not adults) they should not pander to the film industry run by pedophiles and gays. These are the guys that ruined old batman movies and caused comic reader to cringe at the shit they make. IT's ok to be offensive to entitled dicks guys. Stop hiding like pussy and being ashamed of games being perceived by wider society as "low brow". Nobody gives a fuck. It's business. Do you see CDPR making a M rated version of their games instead of R so kids can't see it? Of course not. They are true hardcore guys and make quality. Sony? Took out sex minigames in God of War remake (despite adults seeing sex in game of thrones, Vikings tv show, and many movies like 50 shades of grey which are not banned everywhere) . MS? Made Perfect Dark Zero a kids game. IT's DARK for a reason. Like Blade Runner. *facepalms* This is why MS is considered not a "cool" brand by the youth.

We know that gaming going more mainstream has resulted it in being dumbed down and simplified, but that doesn't mean you have to make cartoons from darker universes. Old game developers from past generations knew who mattered the most which is why they were better than ones now. (eg seeing women in historical wars and shit. Come on guys! That's disrespectful) Almost all fans of RPG prefer morrowind to Oblivion. Why? Because depth of gameplay. We lost that catering to kids. And you guys are no different. Kids outnumber the old guys so you censor the games on purpose to get as many copies sold by appealing to a wider market. Fine. But it doesn't further the craft imo. It's lowering our standards. God of War is about anger and rage. The new Kratos would get his butt whupped by the original because the original got to have sex. The beard doesn't do shit. It's just gets in the way of combat because an opponent can grab it and pull on it and use it against you and use it as a weakness. Why do you think marines have to be bald? Think people.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

You won't be able to control flying vehicles in the game: :down: CDPR probably don't know how to make amazing controls for flying after their horses in witcher 3 were bad to control compared to the zelda BOTW ones.
They should let us do it. Let us run over flying hookers wearing jetpacks and make it a easter egg minigame to piss off feminists.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I am so amped for this game that I want it now now now, but also there's a part of me that knows it's going to be released on next-gen consoles as probably a multi generation title like GTAV and a couple of others were. I would be willing to wait if that's the case.

Imagine it as a launch title on next gen, that's all you'd need for the first few months, even longer if it's supported like Witcher 3.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

This E3 was annoying like that. A lot of the cool stuff was clearly next-gen.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yep a lot of stuff shown is not coming this year or 2019, it's 2020 and beyond which really means next gen since we know 7nm navi based consoles are currently being worked on for release around that time frame.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Further to ban speculation where We Happy Few was cited, I’m reading today that We Happy Few has been reclassified as R18+ and is no longer banned.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

That’s great if true.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

So there is hope we'll get an uncut version of the game.
Ambrose Burnside

The Board didn't really explain why they changed their mind, but I'm assuming it's because the drug use in We Happy Few is satirical, whereas Cyberpunk isn't?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The classification rules are pretty clear cut - does the game include drug use and does the player gain an advantage from the drug use? If yes to both then you're refused. The drug being named 'Joy' probably didn't help it's intial review either I suspect. The review process allows for context to be taken into account and upon review of that context We Happy Few received its classification.

I dunno how every potion-laden RPG gets up though. RPG heroes knock back bucket loads of gear for various attribute buffs. Geralt even gets his meth face on when hopped up.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Vibe of the game was very different from what the reveal trailer showed 5 years ago, I was expecting to play as the cyborg cop or reformed cyborg lady.

The new trailer..............looks like a GTA game set in the future which may not necessarily a bad thing I guess.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

A small sign that CDPR are caving into the SJW:
Remember: don't apologise for shit. Stay true to yourself. Most of these idiots are not hardcore gamers and don't buy and play games. They are jealous that others are sucesful and want what the successful person has without the need to be hard working. Basically they are professional victims. Once you apologise they see this as a weakness and start whining about something new to get you even more manipulated. It's a scam. So don't fall for the scam. Actually make a public statement saying: "I make no apologies for what I did. In the words of EA: If you don't like it, don't buy it."

Take an authoritive fatherly approach where you want to school them on what is acceptable behavior and they are the undisciplined kid that wasn't raised with proper manners and you will smack them in the face if they have disrespectful tone and mean it for real. (not as a stunt) Literally treat them like little children. That's how you deal with them. They do not have any kind of moral high ground and are merely trying to gain attention. The future of gaming is not politically correct content which must go through approval to the mainstream of society who were scared of offending people but creators doing whatever the fuck they feel makes the games work. If these SJW want to participate in the game biz they are going to have to WORK their way up like the rest of the community. No affirmative action bullshit. The free market is what determines who lives and who dies and the latest Star Wars movies is proof of this when people decided they were fed up of the bullshit and limiting themselves to only the original trilogy and prequel trilogy merchandise for their fix.
It will be interesting to see if the mandalorian does any good. It could rescue the franchise the way Batman Begins helped make Batman movies good again.
What CDPR need to do is worry about whether the content is quality. Don't even respond to SJW. Pretend they are not there. The best way to sap them of energy is not give them attention because they thrive on it as it puts spotlight on them and they use that as a platform to gain views and make moneybeing outraged. (fake outrage because they don't actually believe their own bullshit)

Remind yourself daily: Star Wars fans refusing and boycotting any shit star wars movies. This could be YOU if you give the NPC/SJW any ground to show the public that they are able to manipulate you through guilt trips. Don't be guilty. Be proud to be free. It's what defines you guys because you changed how we look at the open world RPG after Witcher 3. The SJW are a loud minority. The silent majority are the ones that actually PAY FOR STUFF. That's who you should worry about: your true fans who show it by buying your stuff not the attention whores who want to use you as a platform to give themselves attention to raise money. Giving them no attention = killing them by starvation of attention. We want more games like Kingdom Come (independent guys making what they want out of a passion for the subject matter and standing out from a crowd of generic games which are just the usual roster updates and sequels to old stuff which have a manufactured feel to it) and less of EAs battlefield V (which is run by people who think SJWs are more important than the core buyers and who abuse their own customers by ruining the quality of the experience with loot box nonsense).

EA did get one thing right: "If you don't like it, don't buy it" And that's what people did: they decided to take the advice by not buying hehe :D What this demonstrates at the end of the day: we (the customers) are your real boss. They want to pretend to be that but the real fans know they are infiltrators like the cylons in Battlestar Galactica (the remake with the blade runner style infiltrator models) pretending to be us in order to get you scared of them. (because you might believe it hurts the sales) And it works against some companies that believe they are us.
Take a note from the comicsgate community. Now that artists are no longer afraid of the mainstream audience they have gone independent because the two major publishers (marvel and dc) are trying to tone police and appeal to the communist. So they've left these nests and going it alone and it means more daring and risky things can be made which results in more niches being discovered and created. (just like the indie games where you can see revival of dead genres. True diversity in entertainment! Everyone wins because more choice is better overall for the games industry)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

CDPR loses head writer to Blizzard:
they must have offered him loads of money. The dark side of the force is the easier path to take. The future DLC content may suffer a bit. Can't wait to play this game. The western RPG genre's fate rests on Obsidian and CDPR now that bethesda is too busy with survival games hehe. Ever since Witcher 3 the bar for what a quality open world rpg plays like has been raised a few notches.
It's only going to get even harder after Cyberpunk comes out. I don't envy the competition.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So script has been completed of Cyberpunk 2077?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Game is ready to be played according the video. :shock: guess they are just working on the finishing touches?

It makes the news of the delay of the Metroid Prime game on switch much easier to handle. (starting that from scratch and Retro is being handed the project)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Sounds like old news, I was sure I read somewhere awhile ago that the game was playable from start to finish.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I'm looking forward to this one but at the same time I'm still apprehensive it's going to live up to what we saw. A world with that much going on at once is always promised yet we never get it delivered.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

There were a lot of npc walking around but so too were there lot of cars and people in Midnight Club LA.

I don't see why it can't live up to the hype. These guys just have to lessen detail on unimportant things so that it doesn't dip the framerate too much.

Open world RPG games are not too much different from open world racers. Just with more interactive things.

The economy will get better as more people get jobs with trump in power, and the Fed is going to be taken out of power soon. When people have more spending power they upgrade to better machines which can handle more resource hungry games.
The reptilians have raped our wallets for so long we are used to primitive shit. Women have raped men in family court of wealth meaning money is spent on things that benefit women. Videogame companies have been attacked because they are non feminist.
When more money is available you will see increase in the quality of games. We should be flying around on anti gravity hover boards by now as seen in Back to the Future 2 if it wasn't for the central banking cartels sucking everyone dry. We need a holiday from the slavery until we can figure out what to do to keep the illuminati happy. (we can't get rid of them because we live on a flat earth inside a dome and that is why we are stuck with them because they failed to break a hole in the dome under operation fishbowl) The west has been too generous and it's causing mental illness in the youth today who are tempted to go full blown communist because they live paycheck to paycheck. Soros is poisoning their minds and turning them against the good guys.

The libertarians and constitutionalist and patriots need to think about the future kids not just their own skin. Otherwise these SJW will move to china and other countries for work and then when they come back as mind controlled agents, they will take all the military secrets and share it with the rest of the world and slowly kill the christian western nations. You got to do your part and show the reptilians that God will not be mocked. The reptilians have 100 years of freedom to screw over the productive people and we have to draw line in the sand to say: "we will place our foot on the head of the serpent and make it our footstool". This is what the bible wants. We have dominion over the earth and we got soft. But we must not become serpents ourself. We should be wise as a serpent but harmless as a dove to set an example to other nations. If you become the bad guy then you can be accused of the things the bad guys do making the young people rebel against you out of disgust for being hypocrite. You must maintain purity! Veterans fought for the constitutional values and christian morals not for the greedy serpent seed which is just building underground bases to do experiments to make monsters and stealth tech. And when the youth are back to behaving normal they won't become trannys that want to chop their dick off because their elementary school teacher thought it was normal behavior to be self hating. The whole nation is mentally ill and the few sane people need to enforce freedom whether they want it or not. You can't compromise with the weaklings because they are fucked anyway if you don't get them in line. IF you let them have their way foreign nations will take advantage of their stupidity and weak morals. Order and sanity must be restored. Multiculturalism has failed. (see stefan molyneux videos - people do not assimilate and are antisocial towards one another in these cities where you put diverse people in them. The Kalergi plan was one of their schemes to weaken the population and slowly make everyone more docile. I think this is why they side with foreign nation over western ones with strong moral foundations - it just makes it harder to manipulate people who are independent)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Given how awesome Witcher 3 was I have no doubts this will be another generation defining game. Even happy for them to delay release to perfect it.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

They will deliver. They’re bigger and better than ever.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I know but when I see a really alive world, lots of NPC's etc going around and it feels like a city I am automatically dubious thanks to all the other times we have been promised a living breathing world only to end up with something with little resemblance to the demo/bullshots.

I'm talking about this part of the gameplay demo which my friends and I were excited about but automatically dubious of how that'll end up in final game:

Skip to 12:30min in this to see what I'm dubious about.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside

Started a new job last week, my old place threw me a farewell lunch and I got a JB Hi-Fi gift card which was nice.

So I now have the Day One Edition preordered. PC of course :D

Physical Content:
Cyberpunk 2077 Game
Map of Night City
Postcards from Night City
World Compendium
Stickers

Digital Content:
Game Soundtrack
Art Booklet
Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook
Desktop Wallpapers