Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by Candy Arse »

The verticality of Night City is something to behold. I'm running the PC version on my 3080 out to an LG C1 which is easily the best gaming TV I have ever seen/used.

I find myself just walking around and looking up, at random shit etc like I was a tourist in an actual city. The sense of scale they've given it is really, really impressive.

Now that the game plays more to my personal liking and doesn't feel like a janky POS, I'm finding myself able to appreciate what CDPR were going for with this game.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Do you have Atmos Candy? The sound is sensational hearing all the advertising, announcements and vehicles above your head.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I don't. The sound system is the weak point in my games room. The gear I've got is really good, but it's only a stereo setup. It has gone through my mind a few times the last couple of years about setting up something in there.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Once you do you'll wonder how you went so long without it. For Atmos though you'd need to research if you would have access to ceiling space, where wiring runs etc. Otherwise you can get Atmos speakers that sit on top of existing speakers (but wired to Atmos channels obviously) and point on an angle towards the ceiling which ricochet s down to you. Not sure how effective they are.

I installed these ones on my own back in June, probably took me 5hrs just on those. In hindsight I wish I had got a 4 channel Atmos amp (5.1.4) instead of 2 channel (5.1.2) but I wasn't to know, still impressive though for home. Whole system and all speakers cost me $1500 and speakers were all purchased at different times as system grew from Stereo 2 channel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ah so Atmos requires in-ceiling? If so I'm good to go, I know for a fact there is plenty of space in the roof cavity above my man cave!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Time to do some homework, thanks for the tip tomby
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I did pretty much every side mission I could before tackling the main story, and by very early on in the main story I was an unstoppable killing machine. So bear that in mind if you want more of a challenge.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

News just in, too many side quests can overpower you. More at 11 o'clock.

:D
Ambrose Burnside

t0mby wrote: 13 Nov 2021 12:49 pm News just in, too many side quests can overpower you. More at 11 o'clock.

:D
:lol:

I just assumed some sort of bs where the bad guys would level up with you would kick in (one of my most hated mechanics btw)
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Ambrose Burnside

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Did anyone else get the Matrix tech demo and when they were in the city think this is exactly what I thought Night City should have been and what we were promised? A living breathing city? That's the original thing that got me excited and what also put me off as it was clear they had failed like everyone else before them on this. The Matrix demo has reignited my hope about living breathing "real" cities for big action RPGs like this in the future, it'd be interesting what these guys can do with that tech if they ever use it and if it's not just absolute horse shit from the demo.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Yeah, that tech demo was pretty impressive. I'd like to see it on PC!

Edit: I suspect performance would tank once you added in more complex ai though. It might have lots of detail, but the ai bots don't have any personality, and very limited reactions. I wouldn't call it "living, breathing" in that regard.

I was driving through it, thinking "this is what GTA 6 could be like"
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside

Tech demo is impressive. Keeping in on my Series X to show off at Christmas before I delete it.
Ambrose Burnside

Also, STALKER 2 is using Unreal 5 and looks ridiculously good.

Game Pass Day One :)
flipswitch
que
que

Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by flipswitch »

Great fun to play with.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Probably shouldn't put this in here but since you guys are talking about it here's Digital Foundry's in depth look at the Matrix demo. It's amazing stuff and really highlights how advanced it is.

https://youtu.be/ib6_c6uliLg
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It really is amazing technology. Truely feels next-gen. I’m flawed by it every time I play it.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It gave me a brutal headache because of how blurry it was. Nothing is sharp unless you stop moving.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I managed to break out of bounds and drive across the river into the other city you can see. Ten solid minutes of driving through a procedurally generated city that even though it's significantly lower quality than the main city still looks like of ok, like early 360 era. Amazing.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote: 18 Dec 2021 08:47 pm It gave me a brutal headache because of how blurry it was. Nothing is sharp unless you stop moving.
Funny you should say that, I had the same, was almost like motion sickness when I was driving around. I thought it might be been frames or something or some sort of camera wobble. Previously only 2 games have given me motion sickness, Marathon on XBLA and The Witness, both first person so I didn't think it was the Matrix demo but was definitely aware of it.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Digital Foundry reckon it's 30fps, but it sure doesn't feel like it a lot of the time.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Unreal 5 definitely bodes well for the future but the framerate was pretty janky once in free roam. Still looked good.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Next gen update out. I got the Day One edition from my brother for Christmas (stacks still at jb in Dec lol), sitting on my shelf waiting for the patch before I even bothered. Now I'm weirdly excited by the build up!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Came here to see if anyone had any info on the update and there it is, next gen update, finally. 63gb, be interesting to see how much it increases the game file over all since any previous patch made no difference on Xbox (still 57gb pre next gen patch)

Edit. Install done. Full file size is 63.1gb. Going to boot it up now and get excite! Now with Ray Tracing mode enabled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.