Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by unfnknblvbl »

lestat wrote: 31 Mar 2021 09:34 am RT is enabled for AMD cards with this latest patch.

Tried it out on my 6900xt, basically you're looking at 50% performance hit with just RT reflections, enabling the shadows and lighting drops it to around 1/3 the performance you normally get.

I play at 1440p and get around ~100fps with ultra settings, so just RT reflections is playable ~50fps, still don't think it's worth the massive performance hit and overall I find the image quality is better with RT off, the RT reflections are quite low res and can look terrible at times, screen space reflections look sharp and clear even though you of course miss offscreen reflections.

Performance overall feels better with this new patch, didn't notice any weird bugs so far.
How about RT Global Illumination? After experiencing the difference between RT on & off, I don't think I could give up at the global illumination
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

The game already has its own shader based GI implementation that works really well imo, I found using the RT version at times blows out the lighting and creates weird anomalies. Still not worth the 50% dive in FPS either.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

cyberpunk update.png
cooooooooooooooool...

Is this CDPR trolling pira... "Canadians"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I’m 65 hours in. And I’m just about to meet Hanako at Embers. It’s giving me a point of no return..

Am I right at the end? I kinda feel like I’ve seen so much but still have so much to do.. like.. I haven’t banged let alone met Kerry Eurodyne?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

That's the end run mission, once you progress you can't go back. That said, once you complete it, the game dumps you back in the world just before this mission so you do everything else at your leisure and do the other character endings.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I don't know why my 40gb patch is downloading so quick on adsl2, but I'll take that 80-120Mbps thanks.
IMG_20210402_230808__01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

IGN claims the PS4/Xbox One version is even worse with 1.2. Oh dear:

Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Wondering at what point it's safe to jump in and play this.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

If on PC or next-gen and you can find it cheap. Remember it’s the Ranch GOTY!

I transferred this game ( plus Spelunky 2), both games add up to over 103GB from my internal storage (PS5) to my external storage ( SSD) in just 5 minutes.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

pilonv1 wrote: 03 Apr 2021 08:46 pm Wondering at what point it's safe to jump in and play this.
Keen an eye on the patch notes as they update the game over the coming years. Once there's an update that refers to it being patched into a modern, high-quality game, that's when you want to get in.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

pilonv1 wrote: 03 Apr 2021 08:46 pm Wondering at what point it's safe to jump in and play this.
Now. The game is playable as is (if you're on PC). I've already finished it. Was a good story, just waiting now for the story expansions.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside

Rorschach wrote: 04 Apr 2021 10:03 am
Now. The game is playable as is (if you're on PC). I've already finished it. Was a good story, just waiting now for the story expansions.
Agreed.

I'm also going to play through the other endings.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I watched that IGN update, I'm close, looks pretty solid 60 on the SX so I might jump in at the next major patch unless they fuck it up. If it goes cheap I'll grab it on PC but rather the SX as the wife will want to watch due to Keanu...
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

A lot of the funny bugs and unpolished stuff is still there. Cars crashing into barriers and such. It's a solid story experience if you stay on the beat and path. It's a stunning looking world but if you like tooling around then this isn't an open world to have fun making a mess in. Do the main campaign and side content while taking in the sights along the way and it's a solid experience on PC.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/if-you-were- ... p-waiting/
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:sf4:

So it's just the console versions that are borked?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote: 03 Apr 2021 09:30 pm If on PC or next-gen and you can find it cheap. Remember it’s the Ranch GOTY!

I transferred this game ( plus Spelunky 2), both games add up to over 103GB from my internal storage (PS5) to my external storage ( SSD) in just 5 minutes.

Spelunky 2 is 43gb?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Nah. CP2077 is 102GB, Spelunky 2 is just under 1 GB. For the record the whole transfer to SSD was more like under 10 minutes, but felt like 5 minutes ;).
Ambrose Burnside

pilonv1 wrote: 04 Apr 2021 10:35 pm
:sf4:

So it's just the console versions that are borked?
Just the PS4/Xbox One versions are borked, PS5 and Series X appear fine. Despite that, they're still running in BC mode, the proper next-gen patch is still months and months away.
Ambrose Burnside

Digital Foundry analysis is up.

PS4/Xbox One:
Sony's enhanced console always ran the game best, even beating out the more powerful Xbox One X. Now it's even better, spending much of its time hitting its target 30 frames per second. Sprinting through a crowded marketplace, frame-rate could hit the low to mid 20s on PS4 Pro. With the new patch installed, the game ran at a nigh-on flawless 30fps - albeit with the reduction (or rather the delay) in detail I've already talked about. At times, in like-for-like scenarios - such as a fast dash through the marketplace - performance improves by up to 8fps for Pro on patch 1.2, a remarkable upgrade for a 30fps title. It's more streamlined, and while it might take a visual sacrifice to get there, I'd say it's worth it for sheer playability. The pop-in occurs in fast moving scenes anyway, and so practically speaking, it's often the case that it whips by in a blur while running.

Xbox One X, by comparison, still has major issues. There are some improvements to performance, the market run now operates in the mid-20s rather than the teens, while the initial entry into Night City after the first mission is also improved. The problem is that many of the legacy issues persist: Xbox One X continues to suffer from hitches - big hangups in play - causing big lurches to 0fps. It's momentary, but still an issue more frequent on Xbox One machines. Unlike PS4 consoles, I experienced no crashing in my tests. Overall, the improvement to One X is less impressive and it's still possible to see performance drop beneath 20fps simply by traversing dense environments at speed - an area where PS4 Pro sees dramatic improvements. The alley combat stress test seems to run just as badly as it did in version 1.1. Overall, there is improvement, but it's nowhere near as performant as PS4 Pro - a strange state of affairs.

In terms of the vanilla PS4 and Xbox One, these ran consistently poorly with patch 1.1, and while the new patch does make some scenes play out a little better, a 2fps to 3fps advantage makes little odds when you're still so far away from the 30fps target. Curiously, PS4 doesn't show anything like the same level improvement exhibited by the Pro - it's still a largely 20-30fps experience in shootouts (or worse) complete with hitches and drops. It's a struggle to even aim properly with this edition during any gunplay. I also experienced a crash to the system menu on Ps4 as well - just like Pro. PS4 is still a bad experience overall: the crashing is still there and baseline performance is still far off the mark.

Meanwhile, Xbox One is still extremely difficult to recommend. The streaming optimisations have been included, based on like-for-like traversal footage comparing patch 1.1 to 1.2, but performance gains are slim at best - and too small to register in most scenes, where frame-rates exhibit only a margin of error difference. Where you really need a good, consistent level of performance, Xbox One continues to disappoint and perhaps inevitably, it remains the worst performing version of Cyberpunk out there.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... l-consoles
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote: 04 Apr 2021 11:59 pm Nah. CP2077 is 102GB, Spelunky 2 is just under 1 GB. For the record the whole transfer to SSD was more like under 10 minutes, but felt like 5 minutes ;).
Weird. The Series X version still says 57gb and is patched to 1.2, it has never increased in storage usage since the initial install and subsequent patching.
Ambrose Burnside

t0mby wrote: 05 Apr 2021 10:05 am
flipswitch wrote: 04 Apr 2021 11:59 pm Nah. CP2077 is 102GB, Spelunky 2 is just under 1 GB. For the record the whole transfer to SSD was more like under 10 minutes, but felt like 5 minutes ;).
Weird. The Series X version still says 57gb and is patched to 1.2, it has never increased in storage usage since the initial install and subsequent patching.
My Cyberpunk folder on PC is 58.8GB.

WTF is going on with the PS5 version?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

the download size for the full game and all the languages etc (for PC) is ~103GB. The install size is ~59GB. The updates they're issuing are just delta patches, so nothing is really changing.

...which makes it extra bizarre that the updates require so much free space...
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 05 Apr 2021 10:35 am
t0mby wrote: 05 Apr 2021 10:05 am
My Cyberpunk folder on PC is 58.8GB.

WTF is going on with the PS5 version?
Bloated shovelware?
Ambrose Burnside

Hotfix 1.21 patch notes:
Spoiler!
Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World

Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.

Gameplay

Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.

Visual

Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

UI

Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.

Stability and performance

Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).

Console-specific

Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.

Stadia-specific

Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.
588MB on PC.
flipswitch
que
que

Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by flipswitch »

So I put my PS5 on from around 2 weeks of not playing it. And as expected I get some games that need updating, however CP2077 45.213GB WTF!

All the other games were a few hundred MB at most.

Edit:
Once I finished downloading the update I got this error. ps5 error ce-10002-3

I have this game on my external SSD which I moved there from internal SSD.. The only way to fix it is to re-download the whole game again!