Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by t0mby »

Gah, all perks and clothing mods have been reset, should've given us an option to have a free reset. I haven't played it in so long that I feel I'll have to learn everything again. It's dumped me straight into a mission and I get hammered by one bullet. Excitement disappearing fast. 😅

Edit: Upgraded character, went through all clothing and added mods, took a little while. Because I last saved mid mission trying to find Hellman I haven't had a chance to roam the city. Some of the outside stuff looked very average but once I started interrogating Hellman on the motel it looked good. Wrapped up the mission, ran down thebroqd and got into a random battle, black screen, game crashed. Will play some more tomorrow.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

My last save on this was March last year. Played a bit tonight to discover I hadn't even made it to the splash screen before now.

Now I've just left the apartment after he recovers and walking around the city. I can't get him to run. I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be but FFS he walks so slow. I'm sure I was able to run before (and was running during battles tonight).

It's kinda grabbing me now so will see how far I get this time.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

It's on sale now for 50% off, so I finally paid for it on PC :lol:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Finished it ages ago, unsure if I should fire it up to play through an alternate ending with the new patch, or wait for a proper expansion.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Not sure on the whole install from disc + update patch at the same time on xbox. Ended up taking near on 6 hours and I'm not sure it's even installed properly. It did about 850mb from the first disc and 61gb or so patch and then asked me for disc 2 which I put in before immediately telling me to put disc 1 back in so it can finish install. Then I did and it just shut the installation window as if it was done so 50/50 I'm gonna be doing it all again.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Nah, you disconnect from the net, install disc then connect and download, be done in no time. It was the first thing I learned before I got my One X back in Sept 2020.

I'm enjoying the missions, but free roaming around the city feels even more lifeless than before, but when in the missions going to markets and shit, that's where it shines. Driving the cars though, eeeesh, might be solid a framerate with ray tracing off but boy is it slow, reminds me that racer on the OG Xbox, Apex Revolutione. Cockpit view is even worse in terms of speed. Oh well, as said, mission wise it's still enjoyable. Currently doing some side quest about a Mayor that died and trying to sneak into a warehouse, trying to stay away from the main mission atm.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I had a look yesterday. V gets a tonne of new jobs upon logging in. I just tooled around in V's apartment and checked out some new gear that was deposited to the stash. I'm thinking the best way to experience the update would be to roll a new V (preferably the gender not played on the first playthrough) and try another skill tree.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

$45 still feels a bit rich for this. Hurry up and get on PC Gamepass
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Had a boss fight after a sniper mission last night. First couple of attempts I ran out of bullets and only did 45% damage and he kept healing back up to 100%. Then one time I switched to the knife and found an exploit. Beat the boss with the knife, 100 strikes, 1% damage per strike. No bullets fired. I am not a melee player btw, all my attributes are put towards assault weapons so this was an achievement for me.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I can't drive a car in this game to save my life.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I played this today after not having played it in almost a year. I can't believe how many bugs there still are. In just a couple of hours, I encountered a floating car, an enemy who died and remained standing (i.e. where you loot their "statue"), and loot on a body (indicated by the coloured cube) that I couldn't pick up.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

New 5.6GB patch just downloaded for me (PC). No idea what's in it.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I have it on PS5. I had a quick go and the performance mode is a no brainer. The benefits of Resolution are worthless. I noted more people walking around but to be honest I wasn't wowed but also - I'm right at the end of my existing playthrough and I need to start again to properly get an idea of the differences - which again it's been a while since I played it properly so I'm unlikely to really notice them.

Oh the police behaved differently in my brief jaunt around the city.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, the more people walking around, I take back what I said before, obviously I wasn't smack bang in the city centre, I must've been sort of around where it started building up. Certainly seem a lot more people, felt more active, still get those ghost cars on the horizon, even driving you can see them just then when you start catching up with them they disappear. Car handling is arse.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

If I'm getting around quick in the city, I find the bikes are far more enjoyable to control.. though that is from a 3rd person perspective. Cars are far better in 3rd person also.. but just not as easy to control.

I'm hoping they continue to optimise the game because the ghost cars and even the crowd AI/variances are a bit meh still.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I logged in and completed the Kerry Eurodyne storyline last night among some other gigs and random stuff. I like how CP77 does its quests with NPCs texting/calling seemingly out of the bue vs having the questline listed until it's done. The Kerry quest was well done and fun to play. Some more inadvertant CP77 comedy though. I won't spoil how my male V ended up nude at the end of the Kerry quest but I accepted Kerry's offer of a lift back to town upon which the game does it's usual fade to static before you emerge on the street. So I carried on doing some gigs, walking the streets, driving, stealthing around a warehouse taking dudes out before finishing them all off in a shoot-out. Then I caught a glimpse of V's legs and noticed they were bare. I go into my inventory menu and V is still nude. :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

So now that I've paid for the game and installed it to an nvme drive, and started from there start... I can't find the settings I used to have for optimum performance. I must have just stumbled on them by accident the first time around. Also, I bizarrely have more bugs than I had before. Not heaps of them, but certainly the weird NPCs standing in the middle of cars or levitating is happening more than I saw before..

Very strange.

Edit: I think the input latency has a lot to do with it - previously I was playing via wired keyboard & mouse, and now I'm playing with wireless 'bone Elite 2 controller.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hung out in the Badlands (desert wasteland area) last night. Was fun exploring various abandoned camp sites and old buildings. Hadn't done that with this game before. There were some decent stories and loot to be found. Forgot how nuts the abundant loot is in this game. Can't think of another game where I CBF picking up purples.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

The Badlands is somewhere I definitely want to go back out to because like you said.. there's a lot to explore. I wanted to do my second playthrough as corpo.. but I'm leaning to starting in the badlands atm..
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Have really enjoyed playing this again these last few nights. The crowds are way better though still subject to glitches and repetition. I bought one of the new apartments, not the most expensive super luxury one but the expensive loft apartment below it (40k I think). Really nice design and some good interaction points. Also grabbed the best motorcycle as I'm enjoying biking around vs driving a car. The walk toggle is welcome for kbam so you can soak in that detail when you feel like it. Other than that just trying out various skills and cyberware to clear NPC crime scenes and remaining gigs. A gig that was broken for me since launch finally fixed with 1.5. V's phone still ringing occasionally for new quests too.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Stopped playing this after a couple days at launch, was waiting for the next gen update.

Started playing again the day the update came out. Can't stop playing.
Usually with open world games I drive or run to destination and missions. Trying to get there as quick as possible. But with Cyberpunk I just walk and take my time getting there and just enjoy the city. The world is phenomenal. I don't think I have ever done that in a game before.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I have given this game another chance with the 1.50 next-gen update. Well, I can happily I am enjoying it now. I have 43hrs into it, not a single trophy unlocked, but the main thing is I'm finding it fun and have had a good time doing missions and exploring about the city which I once thought was just " window dressing" .

Still experience the odd bug here and there but they are becoming less and less. The new haptic feedback/adaptive triggers are a game changer. I love driving and shooting is more engaging. I might be on my own here but I think the driving model is great ( on controller) and one of my favourite in an open world game, as is the shooting mechanics are pretty decent.

Loading is about 7 seconds from menu. Visually it has had a face lift, not a major reconstructive surgery mind you, though it has had a noticeable impact . Everything is much sharper. I even believe they did some colour grading work, the city is less "washed out" . Frame rate is 99% locked at 60fps for almost the entire map but you can still get the odd stutter in high populated areas. Speaking of crowds, they much more dense and populated. The PS4 ( running b/c on PS5) was known to be on the bare side, and the first thing I noticed when booting up the game was that huge increase on people and traffic about.

The game weighs in at 58gb. Big change from 100gb.

I watched a YT comparison video the other day showing the differences between 1.00 and 1.50. And it's like a new game.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Finished Panams storyline last night, was there supposed to be more sexy time? What's that chiqs name that mods the cars and does the racing, is that Judy? Judy keeps sending me drunk texts but because I failed her mission where we had to kill some racers she said she was going to ignore me.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

That's Claire.

The Panam sex scene was terrible. I read 1.5 has added some extra content for romance characters but not sure if that includes their sex scenes.
flipswitch
que
que

Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by flipswitch »

I finally met Panam and completed my first mission with her which took 2hrs plus, and happened to get my first 3 trophies from 45hrs playtime. What a ride!

I think I’m lvl 20. Be back playing this tonight.