Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The whole game is only 15gb or so more than the patch, flip. Do modern game consoles download as quickly as your connection allows?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I downloaded it again at night, no issue, I’m on unlimited, and yes, downloads saturate my connection.

I had another PS4 game that I previously transferred to an external SSD ( along with CP2077) and got the same error and had to download it again ( Spelunky 2, 1GB)

Since re-downloading them both to external SSD both working again.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote: 19 Apr 2021 06:06 pm.

Edit:
Once I finished downloading the update I got this error. ps5 error ce-10002-3

I have this game on my external SSD which I moved there from internal SSD.. The only way to fix it is to re-download the whole game again!
Remind me again why going digital only is a good thing.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

t0mby wrote: 21 Apr 2021 06:52 am
flipswitch wrote: 19 Apr 2021 06:06 pm.

Edit:
Once I finished downloading the update I got this error. ps5 error ce-10002-3

I have this game on my external SSD which I moved there from internal SSD.. The only way to fix it is to re-download the whole game again!
Remind me again why going digital only is a good thing.
It's cheaper!
It's more convenient!
It'll always be available!

Oh wait none of those things are true.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Great fan-made video showing off the insane detail of CP77's Kabuki district.
Ambrose Burnside

Another patch ahead of its return to the PlayStation Store. Was 600MB for me (PC):

Patch 1.23 Notes:
[Click to see hidden content]
Quests & Open World

Space Oddity

Fixed an issue where the "Open the package" objective could change location.

Gig: Family Matters

Fixed an issue where Juliet's car could disappear on sight after completing the quest.
Fixed a streaming issue in Juliet's house.
Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to enter Juliet's house if the player didn't meet either of the Attribute requirements.

The Heist

Fixed an issue where Jackie could go through glass.
Fixed an issue preventing some guards from attacking the player.
Fixed an issue where the "Search the Arasaka officer" objective could remain active after fulfilling it.
Fixed an issue where the mech didn't spawn in the lobby.
Fixed an issue where some Arasaka guards could clip through the door.
Fixed an issue where some guards could spawn on player's sight.
Fixed an issue where Arasaka officer's body could be unaccessible, making the player unable to loot the shard and blocking progression.

The Nomad

Removed unnecessary button prompts.

The Hunt

The news segment in the shard from River will now properly play audio.

The Beast in Me

Fixed an issue where progression could be blocked if the player left Claire after the Santo Domingo race too early.

Queen of the Highway

Fixed an issue where the Basilisk could clip through some of the trees.

Down on the Street

Fixed an issue where there were no quest-related dialogue options when talking to Wakako.

Forward to Death

Smoke and dust will no longer flicker when riding the Basilisk.

Gig: Goodbye, Night City

Fixed an issue where progression could get blocked after rescuing Bruce if the player called Delamain.

Path of Glory

Fixed an issue where V could get stuck in the AV if they stood at the landing spot before it arrived.

Gig: No Fixers

Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to open the door to Dakota's garage at the end of the quest.
Fixed an issue where Iris could teleport instead of walking.

Gig: Getting Warmer...

Fixed an issue where fixer's car could drive straight through the intersection instead of turning right.
Fixed an issue where the prompt to use the coolant on 8ug8ear could still be selected while plugging her out, which could break the animation.
Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to pick up 8ug8ear.
Fixed an issue where NPCs could spawn underground, blocking progression.

Gig: Many Ways to Skin a Cat

Fixed an issue where notifications from Regina regarding this gig could appear during The Heist.
Fixed an issue where it was possible to connect to the computer after failing the quest by destroying the van, which resulted in player getting stuck.
Fixed an issue where progression could get stuck on the "Go to the Revere Courier Servies facilities" objective.

Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor

Fixed an issue where after collecting the information the next objective to send it to Regina wouldn't appear.

Cyberpsycho Sighting: On Deaf Ears

Fixed an issue where after collecting the information the next objective to send it to Regina wouldn't appear.

I Fought the Law

Fixed an issue where River wouldn't be present at the meeting spot before entering Red Queen's Race.

Gameplay

Fixed an issue where after killing a NPC and stealing their car, their body could get stuck in the car.

Adam Smasher will no longer receive damage during animations between his attack phases.

Fixed an issue where dropping a NPC's body caused too much destruction.

Cataresist cyberware should now work properly.

Visual

Fixed Johnny's spectral appearance in various quests.

Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

Fixed appearance of rocks in the Badlands.

The Pickup

Fixed an issue where one of the Maelstromers was T-posing.

Stability and performance

Numerous crash fixes in animations, UI, scene, physics and gameplay systems.

Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in various systems (reducing the number of crashes).

Various console CPU optimizations.

Memory and I/O improvement leading to fewer instances of NPCs with identical appearances spawning in the same area, and to improved streaming.

PC-specific

Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to click the upgrade button while playing with 1280x720 resolution.

Fixed an issue where toggling the Windowed and Fullscreen modes with Alt+Enter made the game appear unresponsive.

[Steam] Changing language settings to default will now set it to the language of the Steam client.

A popup message asking to verify integrity of game data will now be displayed when incomplete or corrupted game data is detected.

Xbox-scpecific

Fixed an issue where signing out during a scene fade-out could result in the game being partially unresponsive.

Fixed an issue where the Pause Menu would open again on its own if the Xbox guide and the Pause Menu were closed in quick succession.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Almost 31GB on PS5 ( technically it’s PS4) might boot it up again one day but too busy with other qualerty games.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Haven't booted up my copy in months, didn't get bored of it, just didn't think I'd replay it once the next gen update drops.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

CP77 can put out a nice looking character.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

There's a great game there, it just needs a little more polish. I also think at some point there will be definitive edition which will restore the beginning of the game which you glimpse in the prologue scenes with Jackie.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside

Less polish, more Polish. Eurojank :bow:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I have faith in the developer. They are proven to support their games in the long term and once they drop the multi-player component of the game it'll be the same merry-go-round again, just less bugs. Can't wait for MP
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Deleted the game off my hard drive the other day, had enough. Rise of The Robots, Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, Cyberpunk 2077.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Nothing come close to Rise of the Robots. Nothing.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

The next-gen patch, what will it include? RT and faster loading?
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I'd prefer it to stay similar.. no bells and whistles if we can have better crowd density.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote: 30 Jun 2021 10:05 pm I'd prefer it to stay similar.. no bells and whistles if we can have better crowd density.
Crowd Density was the major red flag that they were full of shit so I'd be shocked if they ever got it anywhere near the "previews". Every game that promises a lifelike city and shows masses of people always ends up disappointing.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Froggy wrote: 04 Jul 2021 11:56 am

Crowd Density was the major red flag that they were full of shit so I'd be shocked if they ever got it anywhere near the "previews". Every game that promises a lifelike city and shows masses of people always ends up disappointing.
Agreed.. but when you consider that maybe if they dialled down some details.. they could make it at least better than what it is now. I'm not an expert on resources etc etc.. but if I had to choose between rat tracing and increased crowd density... I would definitely take crowd density. The question is.. will CDPR be able to add crowd density that looks a bit more realistic instead of wandering NPCs banging in to each other?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ray tracing not gonna kill the crowds. The engine needs to be able to handle that amount of characters all following their "path" and interacting with the environment and your actions independently of your actions. If you want that life like city they promised it needs them to exist and go about their day that feels real than random procedural NPCs that spawn like in assassin's Creed. When I first saw what they promised I was excited but also as I said went straight to assuming they are full of it and they were.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

After CP77 I said I'd play a modern Rockstar open world for comparison. I'm going through GTA5, finally, for the first time now. It looks amazing on PC and while crowd density is less than CP77 it's 1000x more interesting and meaningful because they say and do various things which are often hilarious. I'm a big rap for CP77 on PC, its style, character systems, quests and story. The difference between CP77 and GTA5 open worlds is CP77's serves to backdrop quests whereas with GTA5 it's often as entertaining to hangout in the open world as it is to do quests. I had zero desire or incentive to tool around CP77 outside of marked activities. Of course you can also fly in GTA5 (you can't in CP77) and one area where CP77 is sub-par is viewing the city from a distance, in particular the shitty 2d car models that literally disappear. From the air Los Santos' traffic looks right and continues to function. Still on traffic it's great to drive around San Andreas and have AI react to your aggressive driving with their own road rage. CP77 has none of this.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Froggy wrote: 06 Jul 2021 05:58 pm Ray tracing not gonna kill the crowds. The engine needs to be able to handle that amount of characters all following their "path" and interacting with the environment and your actions independently of your actions. If you want that life like city they promised it needs them to exist and go about their day that feels real than random procedural NPCs that spawn like in assassin's Creed. When I first saw what they promised I was excited but also as I said went straight to assuming they are full of it and they were.
True.. though I'd assume that adding ray tracing will take some power away.. so if they dialled some of the details back.. rather than trying to add.. I'd be okay. The other thing I don't understand is this insistance of trying to make the draw distance so far.. especially in the city. This game would benefit from a bit more environmental weather effects like smog/mist.. which would help with draw distance not needing to be as much which again.. I'd assume would free up some processing power to help with crowds. The weather seems way too perfect most of the time.. which really showed some of the draw distance and pop in issues.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

General Cyberfunk 2077
/I'm here all week.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Twiztid Elf wrote: 10 Jul 2021 11:12 pm General Cyberfunk 2077
/I'm here all week.
It's a wasted opportunity.. they had their chance and they blew it on Kaenu Reeves when they could have had me..

;)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Full 1.3 list of changes. Keen to check out the SSR improvements.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/39092 ... of-changes
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Geez that's a big list. I wonder if they released the notes because some modder announced he was sick of waiting and was working on his own 1.3 update.