PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by lestat »

Delayed to September.
I guess I'll be playing with an Ampere card later in the year. ;)
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Just came to post this.

FML.

On the plus side I will now be able to finish Doom Eternal before Cyberpunk I guess.

They should just bite the bullet and make it next gen exclusive. But I understand why they won't.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat

Post by lestat »

Yep Doom Eternal will have my full attention so this is a good thing imo. Also I think later in the year is better for hardware sales since this game will push a lot of people to upgrade.

I can see nvidia bundling Ampere with it.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

lestat wrote:Yep Doom Eternal will have my full attention so this is a good thing imo. Also I think later in the year is better for hardware sales since this game will push a lot of people to upgrade.

I can see nvidia bundling Ampere with it.
I'm now definitely waiting for the next line of Nvidia cards. Good to delay this. I would rather it be as close to perfection as possible.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I've already got a copy preordered but looking at an Ampere card to play this already.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Easier on my pocket, anyway, they'll deliver and will no doubt be worth the wait.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I would have loved to have played it in April but if CDPR say they need more time to make it awesome I'm on board.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside

On the downside, it's going to be 8-9 months of crunch for those poor bastards :(

But at least Polish labour laws are better than those in the US (ffs), so they'll actually get paid for it.
Ambitious video games like Cyberpunk 2077—with a massive open world and hundreds of branching storylines—don’t get made without extra hours. At least CD Projekt Red pays for overtime (thanks to Polish labour laws), which distinguishes it from most of its North American counterparts. If you’re on an annual salary instead of getting paid hourly, all you can hope for is some extra time off after the game ships and maybe, if you’re lucky enough to work on Fortnite, a generous bonus.

With very few exceptions, video game delays lead to more crunch, not less. When Naughty Dog bumped The Last of Us II from February to May, that’s meant three more months of developer overtime at a studio that’s well-known for workaholism, according to those I’ve asked about it. Earlier this week, when The Avengers was delayed from May to September, the developers at Crystal Dynamics may have been relieved—The Avengers did not show well at E3 2019 and will undoubtedly benefit from the extra time—but the crunch will continue, even if, as at many studios, it’s still called “optional.” (Crystal Dynamics, also infamous for crunch, has a raffle system in which developers can acquire tickets and win prizes in exchange for their overtime hours, according to two people familiar with goings-on at the studio.)

Crunch in the video game industry wouldn’t be quite as harmful if it weren’t coupled with so many other issues—high stress, low pay, inadequately trained managers, sexism, extreme volatility, and so on—but delays can sometimes exacerbate them all. Delays might be good for games, but they’re not always good for game workers.
Source

I'll still be getting it of course. I've already preordered and paid off the PC version :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Delayed again till Nov. :cry:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

That recent converstaion involving Uncharted discussing streamline games that aren't overly large? This game won't be one of them.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It's tying in for the launch of the Playstation on the 20th November. Timed console exclusive on next gen, you watch.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

I imagine coordinating QA would be a nightmare with everyone WFH during a pandemic.

Still sucks. 12 months of crunch for those poor bastards.
Ambrose Burnside

t0mby wrote:It's tying in for the launch of the Playstation on the 20th November. Timed console exclusive on next gen, you watch.
Microsoft have an event next month which lestat is hyping, have Cyberpunk branded Xbox One and controllers on the way, a free upgrade from Xbox One to Series X version of the game. Next-gen timed exclusivity of the biggest game in years is exactly the sort of ballsy move Microsoft need to make.

Will be hilarious if they don't, next month's event shows us more Halo, Gears of War and Forza, and Sony stomp everyone into the ground with a Cyberpunk announcement on the same day :lol:

*sigh*
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

PS5 gets free upgrade too although it seems to point out that the next gen versions might be in 2022!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/h ... erm=hbokpc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

So looks like they delayed the launch to more align with next gen console launches, guessing they want to maximise sales from hungry next gen console owners.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:Image

So looks like they delayed the launch to more align with next gen console launches, guessing they want to maximise sales from hungry next gen console owners.
Maybe. That link I posted said only a BC compatible patch will be released at launch and the proper remaster upgrade won't be available till '21/'22.
flipswitch
que
que

Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by flipswitch »

This could be a good reason to buy a next gen console if they launch with it.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I skimmed an IGN take on the latest preview build so as to avoid even light spoilers. I caught one detail which by itself shows its more advanced than any open world RPG I've seen (not listing it cos it may be a spoiler for some). Most anticipated game by far. The character customisation is going to be a game in itself.
flipswitch
que
que

Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by flipswitch »

I think I might do the same, not even bothering with the screenshots, just going in completely blind.

Playable on GeForce NOW.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Cheap one X limited edition available now.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/xbox ... 77-console" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$429 for the game and console.

I guess MS expected the game to be out now, so they want to clear this stock before series X arrives.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I can't wait for this game. It's been 8 years since it was announced back in 2012. I'd be more inclined to pick it up when I get a next gen console.
lestat wrote:Cheap one X limited edition available now.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/xbox ... 77-console" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$429 for the game and console.

I guess MS expected the game to be out now, so they want to clear this stock before series X arrives.
Still a nice console, I was tempted as I thought it looked delicious. JB Hi-fi lowered their price by $50 a week after release but not listed on their site anymore so may have sold out (or been sent back to MS???). EB still have theirs listed but same price, $599
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I'm going in blind but what they have promised just has never materialised before. We always hear about real living breathing worlds and then they show the busy city and I feel like I've been duped so many times before I don't want to be duped again. Then I think well, they've delivered a couple of the greatest games I've ever played so maybe they can do it but there's no way they can deliver that vision they have showed on current consoles, the next gen yes but current gen no way. Now with 2 delays, if it ends up going nowhere what they promised it's going to be an epic clusterfuck maybe company killing, I have a watchdogs feeling about this from what people saw to then the reaction to what they got.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote: Still a nice console, I was tempted as I thought it looked delicious. JB Hi-fi lowered their price by $50 a week after release but not listed on their site anymore so may have sold out (or been sent back to MS???). EB still have theirs listed but same price, $599
I think the first batch sold out, this is a new batch and by the looks of it when this is gone it's probably it.

I hear people are having trouble finding one X's overseas, so I'd say MS is winding down production now and will probably stop selling the one X all together, since series X is full BC there is no point selling these old models.

edit: Just checked the link I posted and looks like it's all gone. Checking other places, serious lack of xbox stock, MS definitely must be planning to release series X and series S to replace the one and one X.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Cyberpunk is going to get a lot more RTX love than expected.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-ray ... -dlss-2-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ray-traced ambient occlusion - Ambient occlusion is a shading and rendering technique used to calculate how exposed each point in a scene is to ambient lighting. The result is a diffuse shading effect that darkens enclosed and sheltered areas and enhances the rendered image's overall tone. In Cyberpunk 2077, ray-traced ambient occlusion additionally can be used with local lights to approximate local shadowing effects where shadows are missing.

Ray-traced diffuse illumination - This technique is used to capture sky radiance as well as emissive lighting from various surfaces, which is difficult to achieve with traditional rendering techniques.

Ray-traced reflections - In Cyberpunk 2077, ray-traced reflections are used on all surfaces and can trace ranges for up to several kilometers. They are present on both opaque and transparent objects to simulate the way light reflects from glossy and metal surfaces by tracing a single bounce of reflection rays against the scene. This includes smooth natural mirrors like window glass, but also rougher surfaces like brushed metal. Unlike screen space techniques which can only reflect what’s on screen, ray-traced reflections incorporate the entire scene around the character, and can accurately represent objects outside the camera view or facing away from the camera.

Ray-traced shadows - Cyberpunk 2077 preview supports directional shadows from the sun and the moon. These shadows aim to be physically accurate and even account for light scattering from clouds. Shadows may be enhanced in the final release to support other types of light sources where it is needed.
Also will support DLSS 2.0, so we can run these features at decent framerates. Curious what ray tracing enhancements the next gen consoles will get.