Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Re: Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by Lepo5 »

GreyWizzard wrote:
lestat wrote:I don't own a wii u, I only played the store demo of it a while back.

Did they ever patch the issue?
What? It looks glorious. You just read that review from the dude who couldn't see it and then when he heard the issue he amazingly saw it everywhere and you're like OMG IT'S A STUTTERING MESS!!! When everyone else is like "it's a beautiful game that dude is crazy".

Seriously it's beautiful and you're seeing something that isn't there because it makes it sound like you have some glitch detecting super power...

blah...
Wasn't it you complaining about a puddle in Forza6 the other day.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm sure you'll never notice the puddle ever while playing the game. It was shown in a low close up and out of everything else that looked amazing that jarred.

OMG Paul says that something looks odd obviously he hates that videogame and every other video game under the sun and that entire company who made a thing.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Just try and be consistent before complaining about other people's observations.
Candy Arse wrote:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I am
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Clearly not, read your own post.
Candy Arse wrote:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I have. Read yours.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Ok, will do.
Candy Arse wrote:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Such passive aggressive sexual tension between the two of you! :keke:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Grey, you should know by now not to say anything negative about Lepos beloved Xbox. It's perfect and so are the games.

*snicker*
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

This has nothing to do with platform, Dickhead, even GreyW knows that!
Candy Arse wrote:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

PS4 is has the edge though...

When you're looking at your feet!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:Grey, you should know by now not to say anything negative about Lepos beloved Xbox. It's perfect and so are the games.

*snicker*
:lol:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

jizzlobber wrote:PS4 is has the edge though...

When you're looking at your feet!
I can't see any difference between those rubbish bins. :P
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Candy Arse wrote:
t0mby wrote:Grey, you should know by now not to say anything negative about Lepos beloved Xbox. It's perfect and so are the games.

*snicker*
:lol:
:roll: pathetic.
Candy Arse wrote:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote: I can't see any difference between those rubbish bins. :P
If you look closely you'll see a PS4 in one.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

:lol: :lol:

What is that game? I love looking at my feet in games.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Batman Arkham Knight 1080p on PS4, 900p on XBONE.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

I'm guessing Microsoft can't wait until this console generation is over almost as much as Nintendo... :lol:

Fuck they dropped the ball BIG TIME by releasing such an inferior console to PS4. They really thought their whole "television set top box" and kinect functionalities would make up for inferior technology (when clearly it hasn't, considering MS's set top box/kinect services & features have been abandoned because nobody gives a fuck).

XB1 was never supposed to be a gaming system, but instead a must have "television set top box" (that also happens to play games) and required a monthly subscription fee to be paid to make full use of the television features. The strategy catastrophically blew up in their face, and now they are desperately trying to make best of the situation.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Look what I just found....

I predicted this was EXACTLY what was going to happen back before XB1 was even revealed!

I also predicted that Nintendo would move onto a portable/home console hybrid gaming system after Wii U - and that's what rumours are suggesting with next year's release of the Nintendo NX!
Jasper wrote:Microsoft on the other hand are fucked. Mark my words, Xbox Next is going to be marketed as a Microsoft set top box and not a gaming system, because they know if they don't make their mark this generation as Xbox being an all in one set top box, they never will. Microsoft know that in the future generation, they are going to be up against television manufacturers offering cloud gaming without the need for any extra hardware, and so Microsoft need to spend this new generation demonstrating why it's worth buying a Microsoft set top box, even when the future is going to offer videogames simply through a television.

Nintendo on the other hand will create a quirky hybrid home console/handheld (no more dedicated home and portable gaming systems), and I think that's going to create a profitable niche market for them.
http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... op#p354793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Jasper wrote:Fuck they dropped the ball BIG TIME by releasing such an inferior console to PS4.
They both dropped the ball - both machines are ridiculously underpowered. In both absolute terms and in comparative. I know I've had this rant before, but the PS360 were top-of-the-line hardware when they came out. Multicore 3.2GHz PPC chips, high-end graphics... about all they skimped on was graphics, but then 512MB was respectable by 2005 standards.

About the only thing the PS4/bone got right in terms of their internals was the number of CPU cores. The CPU clock speed has gone backwards, and the GPUs were subpar at best when they were announced.
Now, I know both companies are/were looking at reducing their hardware and R&D costs from the PS360 generation, but this generation is fucking woeful. AMD must be loving it, but it's a serious blow to diehard gamers.

I'm starting to think that MS's consoles are a bit like their Windows (and Star Trek films): Avoid every other release.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

It's funny how the games are still fun though, eh.
Candy Arse wrote:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I can count on one hand the number of truly excellent original titles I've played on the 'bone.

Ori and the Blind Forest
Guacamelee
Super Time Force

Everything else is either a sequel (Forza), a port (Guacamelee), or a remastering (GTA5, Halo, etc). Not saying they're not great, but they're not exactly original either.
I've actually spent more time playing Viva Pinata since BC came out than any other 'bone game.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I can count on one hand the number of truly excellent original titles I've played on the 'bone.

Ori and the Blind Forest
Guacamelee
Super Time Force
Literally all 3 of those games are available on PC (some also on PS4 and/or Wii U).
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yeah and they're fun on those platforms too, go figure.
Candy Arse wrote:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

That is not the point! :down:

All three (SONY/MICROSOFT/NINTENDO) SHOULD boast EXCLUSIVE games - it's the way the industry has been for generations and that's what makes it exciting (having all the console developers trying to 1UP one another with better exclusive games).

In particular with Microsoft, virtually every game on the horizon for XB1 is also coming to PC (and to some extent PS4). Rare's sole XB1 game (Sea of Thieves) is coming to PC, Fable Legends is coming to PC, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is coming to PC - and also already XB1 released titles like Killer Instinct is coming to PC (+ there are rumours that the Forza and Halo franchises are coming to PC also).

What's the point when you can just buy the game on PC (boasting superior graphics, superior & free online, superior DLC, and a cheaper RRP) and not bother getting an XB1 system? :?

If I had to choose between a PC + XB1 or PC + PS4 combo, I would 100% choose a PC + PS4 combo considering so much more of the must-haves on PS4 are exclusive to the system (The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, etc).