Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Re: Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by Megaman »

I like how Jasper didn't bother reading GameHED's posts and just assumed he was agreeing with him.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Haha fuck you know this thread is a write-off when Jasper AND GameHED are involved.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Darwi's lucky i'm not charging him an appearance fee. When I post, the rest of Games Ranch follows.

I am after all the Kim Kardashian of Games Ranch! :keke:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

What.. a dumb talentless fuck wit who is as dumb as tits?

I guess you're right.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I think we can all agree 100% that Jasper is the Kim Kardashian of the Ranch....

Daniel Graig on the Kardashins...
The James Bond star labelled the clan 'fucking idiots' and criticised those who 'sell' themselves and then make demands about their private lives.

You see that and you think "what, you mean all I have to do is behave like a fucking idiot on television and then you'll pay me millions".

'I'm not judging it - well, I am obviously.'
You are right Jasper you are the Fucking idiot of the Ranch....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGR ... r_embedded#![/youtube]

Could be interesting?

Not sure how many people have projectors set up to play over the top of the AV set up though.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Wasn't there a leak a while ago, that said Microsoft had implemented this kind of tech into Xbox 720?

I love that with having to accommodate random shit like this and Kinect, Microsoft has developed Xbox 720 to be less powerful & sophisticated than PS4.

Cannot wait when the shit hits the fan, and graphic whore xbots have to spend an entire generation knowing that downgraded PC ports and multiplatform games look better on PS4 than on Xbox 720.

I can feel it in my bones, than in particular PS4 exclusives like Killzone & Uncharted are going to totally outclass Xbox 720's exclusives (all two of them) in the graphics department.

It's going to really sting for the xbots... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Who are you to talk about the power of consoles?

Wii U is barely more powerful than 360.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Strange how Jasper is avoiding his own Wii U thread.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

But that's the thing!

Nintendo themselves acknowledge they're not in a graphics arms race. This is a battle between Xbox Next & PS4 in terms of graphics superiority, and PS4 is clearly going to be a much more refined and powerful console than Xbox Next.

That's going to kill you xbot fuckers inside BIG TIME, to know that not only do your precious FPS's look better on PC, but also better on PS4! :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Jasper wrote:PS4 is clearly going to be a much more refined and powerful console than Xbox Next.
Clearly, based on zero information at all.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Actually it looks like Microsoft are aiming for a media-focussed console rather than all out graphics assault. If rumours are true PS4 will have the edge but it won't be much of a gap.

If Sony would release a better control pad I'd actually consider them now that Halo is not the be all end all for me now.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

If the hardware rumors are true and 720 has weaker/gimped hardware, I think it will be a PS4 next gen only setup for me. At the end of the day both sides really don't have the 1st party IP that's must have any more, I just want the fastest console hardware on offer.

But it's quite disappointing to see that leaked specs are pretty poor compared to modest pc setups. I guess there is only so much they can cram into a small box before the heat/power requirements melt the thing.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

both will make it as cheap as they can... most games are multi platform so it'll come down to price I think
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Jasper wrote:PS4 is clearly going to be a much more refined and powerful console than Xbox Next.
Clearly, based on zero information at all.
I'm guessing the same sources that told him the Wii-U was multiple times more powerful than the PS3 and 360.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Games will decide what console I buy.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:If the hardware rumors are true and 720 has weaker/gimped hardware, I think it will be a PS4 next gen only setup for me. At the end of the day both sides really don't have the 1st party IP that's must have any more, I just want the fastest console hardware on offer.

But it's quite disappointing to see that leaked specs are pretty poor compared to modest pc setups. I guess there is only so much they can cram into a small box before the heat/power requirements melt the thing.
One broken-hearted, shattered & defeated Games Ranch xbot down, a couple dozen still to go..... :wink:
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

lestat wrote:But it's quite disappointing to see that leaked specs are pretty poor compared to modest pc setups. I guess there is only so much they can cram into a small box before the heat/power requirements melt the thing.
How did the X360 and PS4 launches compare their PC set ups of the day?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Lol@caring about Xbox 720. Hasn't Jasper said all along that you can play the 360s library on PC anyway? Silly Nintentroid. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Tough call. By all accounts the PS4 is more dev friendly than the Xbox and has a slight edge in power. At the end of the day it will come down to price point, exclusives and online. Price point I anticipate the PS4 being the more expensive of the two based on previous Sony efforts. Exclusives is a tough call, this gen the Xbox for me had a better catalogue but now that the Gears trilogy is finished and Bungie has moved on Sony may have the upper hand given most everything is multi platform. Online is where Sony needs to shape up. At the moment Live kills PSN for usability and accessibility, if Sony can nail it I might make Sony my first purchase. The next Xbox worries me about always on net connection given the reliability of Telstra in regional areas but I rarely play games offline anymore so it isn't a huge thing. Sony PS4 launch at a $400 price point, day one.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

lol @ the Internet for deriding MS over rumours that it'll always be online and won't play second hand games, and then declaring they'll stick to Steam instead.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I bet it's just that - rumors. Classic internet.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Same discussion in two threads? OK then:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:Blocking second hand games should be illegal. Same with the blocking of second hand Steam etc. sales.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

If it's the case, the blocking of second hand games really doesn't seem to be the right way to put it. The games come with a one time code correct? It is quite possible you can still buy second hand games, but will require you to say purchase another code to activate the game on another console at a discounted price.

So while EB/gamestop sell the same game multiple times making 1000% profit of the one disk, while the developers get fuck all. Gamestop Infanct have a massive factory/warehouse where pallets upon pallets of used games are repackaged and distributed around the country. That's how big the second hand market is for them in the US. There is no reason why developers can't take their share of this multi million dollar earner which is hurting their bottom line.

As Jasper likes to put it....

You gotta pay to play
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Firstly I can't imagine this being true but who knows.

We're entering a strange new period in history. We take it for granted that many of the things we buy will have some worth and can be sold or given to someone else if we decide to update or replace...whatever. Books, movies, games, cars, homes, clothes and countless other things can be bought new or second hand. Developers of most other items on earth aren't out to stop their products being used twice (except for medical/personal products and the like). I find it hard to take sides with the developers here. Are they saying they want a larger chunk of money from their work and are happy to see many of the people in their own industry jobless to improve their bottom line?

I don't mind buying a new game knowing it might only keep my interest for a week or three. Sometimes I trade it if it's not a keeper. Watch developers not get a cent out of me on superfluous purchases if I have to keep everything. If anything I suppose it might force people to be a lot more discerning. I can't see how that will improve the bottom line for developers.