View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Apr 2017 09:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220
 Xbox 720p and PS4fps 
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Ill wamt to see what they have scored custom for Xbox before freaking out.

13 Apr 2017 11:17 pm
The End

Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
A stock RX480 isn't running Forza at ultra, 4K and 60fps though. It's uneconomical to put today's top shelf GPUs into a $600 box. Looks like MS have done something pretty amazing to build a fixed Jaguar/Polaris hardware platform that delivers meaningful 4k. If they can do it and not burn themselves with expensive silicon then credit to them.

14 Apr 2017 07:20 pm
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Gamertag: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: m00nwalker
One thing that stood out to me in the screenshot is the use of 4x2 EQAA. PC version uses MSAA which is more costly. Ultra on PC uses 4xMSAA. EQAA is supposed to deliver similar quality to 4xMSAA but at 2xMSAA performance level.

http://www.geeks3d.com/20110915/amd-eqaa-modes-enhanced-quality-anti-aliasing-for-radeon-hd-6900-series/

15 Apr 2017 11:51 am
Profile WWW
que
que

When upgrading to a newer console, does anybody else get sick of thinking ' where am I going to put the older console'?
In other words, I'm running out of spots to put them. So what do you do with yours? Sell it, give it to someone, put it in your drawer, hide it somewhere?

It almost pushes me to go PC exclusively because I still have my old games from late last century to this day, and they only require 1 pc ( my current pc) to play them.

19 Apr 2017 07:26 pm
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

I always sell it off for nothing at the end of each gen...a little after maybe. I generally would never go back and play old games. No interest. I did keep the 360 though. It's the only one and I really don't need it but it might be handy at some point. I kept it because it can play all of the gta games I thought I'd need a console to play. But I have them all on Steam anyway, I think. And I'd probably only want to play San Andreas if anything.

Anyway, I get rid of them. They serve me no purpose.

19 Apr 2017 08:34 pm
Profile WWW

Gamertag: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin
Yes was thinking the same thing. I still have the 360 connected but have not turned it on while I have the PS4 sitting on top of the Xbox One. PS3 is in the draw under the 360.

PC is no different. I have a cupboard full of old parts. Most of the time when I go to upgrade I need to replace CPU, mb, ram and graphics card. The only thing I've kept the same in the past 15 years is the case, keyboard and mouse!

Now that Xbox One has BC I should pack away the 360. Not that I've really made use of BC anyway.

First World problems!

19 Apr 2017 10:15 pm
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Quote:
When upgrading to a newer console, does anybody else get sick of thinking ' where am I going to put the older console'?
In other words, I'm running out of spots to put them. So what do you do with yours? Sell it, give it to someone, put it in your drawer, hide it somewhere?

It almost pushes me to go PC exclusively because I still have my old games from late last century to this day, and they only require 1 pc ( my current pc) to play them.

Yep, I have been loving my new home in PC land for this reason. Every generation of gaming is available on this machine, I feel I play what I actually want to play more often as I'm not bound by the idea of playing something 'for' my new console.

I can relate to feeling sick thinking where I am going to put a console. Its more the mental real estate than physical. Therefore my old consoles go in and out of storage. They often end up setup in some secondary entertainment area; At the moment I have my megadrive setup in the shed to accompany jams and beers. Most recently with the 360, I just culled all the games I wouldn't go back to and have retired it for the moment. I nicked the monitor from that setup for my PC so it sits there unplugged where it lay the day I bought my computer and hasn't been packed away yet; neglected and forgotten. 360 will probably end up in a mame cabinet, as a media centre or some other utilitarian fate eventually.

19 Apr 2017 11:39 pm
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

I can see myself staying with Sony for their exclusives but all of the Xbone stuff is making its way to the PC. I managed to sell my Dreamcast collection for a reasonable price but I don't think it's worth keeping old consoles, hardware just ends up failing and then the software is useless. Everything should be on PC simply for preservation.

20 Apr 2017 12:16 am
Team Wowboy

Gamertag: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb
I usually sell them. I sold my WiiU (and a heap of stuff) to Reka at mates rates.
Looking critically at the WiiU, with MK8 and Splatoon both on the Switch (and Smash likely), the only games left that I'd likely re-play are Bayonetta 1 and 2 (but I still have my 360 version of 1), and Super Mario 3D World.
Two games that I'd re-play is not worth keeping a whole console for.
I will keep some of the WiiU games though (Two GOTY's for me). Bayonetta 1&2, and Splatoon, which is loaned to Reka until he's done with the machine.

I do keep some consoles. I still have my 360, Dreamcast, Saturn, OG Xbox and I'm unlikely to get rid of them. I've got an Atari2600 in good nick stashed somewhere with a stack of cartridges too. lol.
I tend to keep games more than consoles, even when I don't have the means to play them. I'll have to take a photo of them sometime.
I can't see me keeping any of this gens consoles to be honest. PS4 maybe. Definitely the Switch though - I know this already.

Still hooked up:
In the lounge: XB360 (more for movies and streaming stuff the TV can't do).
Family Room: XB1, PS4, Switch, Wii. That XB1 is on tender hooks too tbh if it wasn't for it being my Overwatch machine. I'd relegate it to the lounge if I needed the space. I'll wait and see what E3 brings first.

20 Apr 2017 08:08 am
Elite Ginger

I keep mine to add them to the collection. The other half and I aren't too far away from moving into our house that's being built so you can be damned sure I'll be posting sick gaming setup pics pretty soon.

Wait, I actually don't keep them all - if they're gigantic pieces of shit like the XBONE I do indeed get rid of them.

Although come to think of it, that's the only console I've ever sold :lol:

20 Apr 2017 09:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 5485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220