Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Re: Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by cloud »

The Wii U ain't bad and im really looking forward to the WW remake and and the new xenoblade but its gonna get smashed when the nextbox and 4PS come out.....GCN all over again..
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Car analogies are like driving an Alfa Romeo.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

General Chaos wrote:Ehh E3 is lame. Everyone worth their salt will hold their own announcements.

Bring it on! Fucking Nintendo trying to drag out last gen for another 5 years isn't doing it for me.
I'm glad they dragged it out and brought waggle. (being a platform agnostic gamer)

If they didn't they might not have stood out. It really opened the eyes to the mainstream gamers as to where gaming could go in the future if they were willing to sacrifice visual realism to get the taste of motion sensing controls. (which let's admit they got it right by the time Wii Motion plus was brought in)

Although hardcore gamers might not like this, it made its mark on gaming history by going in such a different direction. When GC came out, you didn't see as big a impact on gaming in general and it was overshadowed by Xbox 1. It relied too much on wooing the hardcore audience which had already been excited about xbox.

People who were ordinarily very tired of console (like my older brother, mostly a pc gamer) actually started to get interested in console again when wii came out with its sports games. Wii is kind of following in the spirit of atari with all the interesting alternate controls you could plug in. (remember the paddles, the keyboard for programming? the tv remote to point and click is the next step) If the wii was priced the same as the others and focused on graphics, it might not have sold to mainstream casual console gamers who can already get better graphics on pc.

It doesn't surprise me that the system eventually lost its edge once sony came out with its own version. (you get the HD graphics plus the waggle, killing off interest in wii)
In the same way arcades eventually died, (home consoles could do all the same things and do it better) "hardcore gaming-only" console were in the same problem. If people can play the same shit on all three platforms, (the only difference being a brand name) why buy 3 platforms? (exclusives are not enough reason - it doesn't make the console stand out enough)

Nintendo played their cards right by doing something radically different forcing those who already had hardcore systems to be curious enough to buy one to try it out for themselves. You can't bring in new people if all you do is the same thing as the competition all the time.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

guttermouth wrote:
Jasper wrote: It's obvious this next generation is going to be the last, with television manufacturers (in particular Samsung) integrating into tv's the ability to offer premium gaming via onlive/steam-like cloud gaming.

I think Sony will be fine, because it's going to work in their favour to have a Playstation cloud gaming service accessible via Sony televisions, blu-ray players etc...

Microsoft on the other hand are fucked. Mark my words, Xbox Next is going to be marketed as a Microsoft set top box and not a gaming system, because they know if they don't make their mark this generation as Xbox being an all in one set top box, they never will. Microsoft know that in the future generation, they are going to be up against television manufacturers offering cloud gaming without the need for any extra hardware, and so Microsoft need to spend this new generation demonstrating why it's worth buying a Microsoft set top box, even when the future is going to offer videogames simply through a television.
You fuckwit!! If thats the case Nintendo's home console is in the same boat fucktard. Lets not forget Nintendo have also marketed the Wii U as set top box also, a very poor one thats years behind already. And if it came down to selecting a set top box/gaming machine on content the Wii U is a dead last. So basically in your pathetic rant about future gaming you have admitted that Nintendo will become a gaming only developer and we will finally see Nintendo franchise games on PC, Phones, PlayStations and Xboxs
Unlike MS and Sony, nintendo is the only company that is a pure games company with a loyal fanbase that buys the games for the game itself not the hardware. Attacking nintendo by attacking how much less powerful the hardware is only shows you complete ignorance of how they have been able to survive so long. (japanese kids do not give a fuck about realistic FPS genre retard - they like fantasy environments and wacky comic characters)

It's mostly tech whores who buy MS and Sony systems because they want a pc like system in the living room and third parties that make stuff on pc know that having a more high spec system is better which is why they target the high end console.

Nintendo is pixar for gamers. It's the gap between a kids and adults system due to the family friendly content. Even if you say they are doomed, you end up buying it for the games.
Again: stop attacking the hardware. Focus on software. That is why they beat sony in the handheld arena with DS against PSP. You xbots never learn from history. You still haven't got a platformer on xbox that is better than nintendos despite having heaps of time.

These are games people should be able to play on the Xbox. Where the fuck is banjo kazooie and why is there no mascot for xbox? Why have xbots gloated about MS stealing Rare off nintendo and attacking the Donkey Kong Country Returns (made by retro) for not looking as good as DKC on SNES, (even though it is an excellent game) when Microsoft still can't even get a second party to make a rival to mario yet?

If you don't address these things you will always be the niche system to the mainstream gamers who want to play more than the usual FPS killing sims like COD. (not bashing them, just saying that these seem to be the only 'big release' on the system, and when they come out, they just seem like more of the same to me)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:What an utterly ridiculous analogy. You're an idiot!

If you are thick-headed enough to think that people in 6 or so years from now are going to turn on their televisions day in and day out and see that Assassin's Creed, Madden, Elders Scrolls, CoD etc...are available to be played directly out of their tv and think nope, i'd rather play Assassin's Creed, Madden, Elders Scrolls, CoD etc... through a $500 + bulky gaming system instead...then you are a fucking imbecile.
Actually the hardcore would prefer that because streaming isn't practical to all people.

I reckon paying upfront for things is the future. You subscribe to a service locking you into that service only so that you don't play online games on a rival competitor's brand, ...and the bulky system is free after a few years of being subscribed. Much like subscription to a magazine, or an mmo. Once you are locked into that service, you won't likely subscribe to any other one.

If you don't subscribe for a long time the bulky system is not free, and you must buy it.

There are still advantages to buying games which is the ability to sell them. Collector's want to own titles not just play them. (and long after the service has them available on stores easily)

This whole streaming shit is not the only future. It's just hyped up by those trying to sell you on the idea, but it is not practical imo.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:As it stood... I think Microsoft did a pretty good job of looking after everyone who had problems with their 360. It was pretty straightforward.

Something to remember - we are talking about a games console here... not a kidney dialysis machine. I was without my console for 3 weeks and you know what I did? I entertained myself playing other games on other systems and actually got to relive games like Dragonforce but also have a chance to try out some games I never got around to playing on my original Xbox. You talk like the 360 RROD situation was the end the world.

While I think it is great that Nintendo are being competitive with their pricing - it pushes Sony and Microsoft to be more thoughtful with their intro price point. Just had a look at JB and the premium wii u pack is $428. To actually PLAY a game (Nintendo Land doesn't count) you have to pay another 70 or so bucks to play anything worthwhile so we are now up at the half a grand mark. It wouldn't be such a horrible thing if the Wii U suddenly was faulty because it's not like there is anything monumental to play on it right now. The majority of the high scoring games are all ports.
RROD was very frustrating first of all MS arm had to be twisted to do anything about it. They denied it was their fault and blamed it on their own customers.

secondly even if they fixed it, it was not a permanent fix and eventually those who got their fixed ended up having the problem return over again or not get the same machine that they had originally sent in for repairs.

This means eventually the solution was to just buy a new one because of all th wasted time.
And if that one RROD'ed as well, the cycle would repeat. The sad thing is the xbox360 had a lot of good title on it, so people were willing to put up with it. But in places like Japan where you are used to things not breaking down just from using it, that can send a bad message that americans are incompetent. This is why I reckon nintendo still trustworthy since although they make low spec consoles, the build quality is there and you feel safe that buying a second hand wii or a second hand snes or whatever console they made in the past, is still working and functioning as good as when you bought it. You don't get that garuantee with xbox360 because the guy selling it to you could be selling you an almost dead system. (much like used car which has gone a long distance and isn't worth the same as when it was first owned by the first buyer)

We shouldn't have to worry about shit like that. It should be MS gives you your full refund if the buyer is not satisfied with it. All console imo should have 10 year waranty if they break due to manufacturer defect. Once you get used to things not breaking down, it is hard to go back. I probably won't buy a first release unless I get a warranty that last at least 5 years. I think owners deserve more respect and manufacturers should not blame the users for their own bungles. You are seeing a lazy attitude in software now. Where the developers don't even bug test for easy stuff because they know they can patch it later, much to the annoyance of those who already paid full price on release. You either test it and delay or don't release it at all. There should be a law that if you find bugs the company must refund no questions asked as it counts as a fault of the makers of the title. This would encourage the makers to not release shit early and untested and leaving us all out of pocket to foot the bill for their screw up.

If it wasn't for the internet and youtube where people could discuss this openly, MS would have been able to get away with lying about the problem and making us believe we are at fault for the shit hardware. Hopefully they don't have this attitude when 720 comes out and actually test shit properly instead of rushing things out to market. There is no race. Just take your time.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Jasper wrote:Not at all, I don't have a problem with sequels.

I have a problem with Sony/Microsoft sluts who bitch about Nintendo sequels (games like Pikmin/Smash Bros. that haven't seen a new release in 9 years for Pikmin and 5 years for Smash), and then run off and buy a third Mass Effect for 360 in under 5 years, a third Uncharted in under 4 years, a third Gears of War in under 5 years etc...
There are a lot of stupid people on here that don't get that when you have to support two platforms you need to create versions of things on the other system. Metal Gear Solid is an example where there are portable titles but these are not major part of the numbered games.

Keep in mind that certain games like Animal Crossing have virtually not changed from platform to platform. So Wii version is not that different from DS version. If you own the Wii version it feels like a port of something you have seen. I think it is good for fans but if you have seen the same thing over and over again, it doesn't feel like new games are coming. It just retread. Capcom are masters of this: the newer game is more of an incremental update. The exception to this is when they did Resident Evil on 3DS. We are getting to a point where sequels are going to come out as often as COD games and the differences are not that great between titles. It's a valid point for all the 3 platforms. What happened to older franchises that have not had updates? Why instead of releasing star fox on 3DS did they not just do a sequel to star fox 64 instead? answer: because it takes less effort to do ports than make something new.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Sic 'em, GameHED! :keke:
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

This post was made by GameHED who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

This post was made by GameHED who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Even wastes page space when he's on ignore. smh
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I think my headache came back.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:Mass Effect 3, Gears of War and also Uncharted (unless I am mistaken) are franchises that have a running storyline or a storyline that chains together to make larger stories and stronger character bonds with the gamer. I've played my fair share of Mario games and it's been pretty much the same thing each time. If I'm not rescuing some dumb slut who wants clearly wants to get gang banged by a bunch of Koopas... I'm collecting fucking stars or some shit. Not that that's not enjoyable but.. yeah..

Also.. Nintendo have been effectively peddling the Mario franchise for how long now? Not much has really happened... It's the same thing over and over again. Mario IS timeless... and has not changed at all really. You don't buy a Mario game for the story. You do buy a Mass Effect game for it though.
Play some other nintendo published stuff like Golden Sun or the fire emblem games.

Don't lie man. It's only making your reputation worse. You like ff13. And ME3 had a shit ending and betrayed the fans by telling them early that the choices they made would matter. At least with Zelda you never feel like you are playing last years titles with updated visuals. The 5 year gaps help you to appreciate the game more.
There is no way people are emotionally connected to the characters they play in videogames. That is a huge exageration. lol I have never seen anyone jump off a bridge or kill themselves after their virtual love interest dies. You get far more depth from books. When aerith died in Final Fantasy 7 I admit I kind felt sad but it is a stupid videogame not real life. As if that is the real reason people buy games.. :roll: "press x to see new chapter"

Be happy that nintendo actually cares about its fans unlike sega who never want to make new wonderboy games you whiney little brat. And the idea of episodic gaming is stupid. It means the quality will vary between games. For instance the differences between Dragon Age 1 and 2. Now imagine differences like that happening between episodes? It is annoying. Just make one big epic game like nintendo where you see sequels every 5 years you greedy fucks.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Vince wrote:What this fucking amateur doesn't understand, and the reason this whole sequel thing started in the 1st place is because Nintendo (not Microsoft or Sony) as a publisher release the same fucking sequels every new generation. They have released a Mario game every gen. A Zelda. Minus n64- Metroid. Minus NES- Mario kart. So guess what Nintendo does when the chips are down for the Wii u??? Not announce a tonne of new, exciting 3rd party games. No! They announce a remake of wind wanker. A new Mario kart. A new 3d Mario. A new Zelda. A new smash bros. like they did for Wii. Like they did for the cube. Like they did for the Nintendo 64. I mean fine, give me sequels but really, you're down and out but let's go for Mario YET AGAIN.
And who cares if 2d and 3d Mario are different. It's still Mario! It's just another excuse now to milk more Mario games out. Great idea Nintendo.
Yes I'm hanging to see another Uncharted cause I enjoyed them. The stories were great and they had a continuous storyline for all 3 games. How will Mario kart/Mario/smash bros/Zelda be any different? But I guess if Nintendo do it it's ok! Fucking moron. Someone remind me why this fuck nut is allowed to spew crap everywhere... I've tried to keep silent and not post on his posts but damn he bugs the hell out of me.
Having a sequel every 5 years is ok because it is half a fucking decade. Having to cater to a handheld platform is the excuse for why mario games on handheld should not be considered sequels for home console. How hard is that to accept? Do you get pissed when Metal Gear Solid games appear on gameboy or other platforms? What about when square makes loads of final fantasy titles for portables? Nobody includes them in the numbered series you moron. He makes a good point. Nobody is making excuses for why nintendo can get away with it, but the Xbots have it worse than nintendoids. We are getting to a point where COD is the business model for major franchises to follow now. Where you have 2 teams working on the one franchise so that the diversity is even worse than in past gens. It is not nintendo's fault it is EA and Activision's fault. But hey I am not complaining about this. I just think if you had to measure who is worse, nintendo would not win in the franchise-milking contest. You can harp on about things like mario party all you want but games like smash bros and mario kart only appear once per console gen on the home console.

This is like if sega made only 1 or 2 sonic the hedgehogs for megadrive. It's not as bad as the anti-nintendo crowd think it is. It's just that the low spec of wii makes the games feel samey imo.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

guttermouth wrote:They release the same games for the past twenty years. You have the same enimies, the same Mario story, the same looking worlds, the same looking environments, the same looking track designs, the same art design and then they add more coins and now the karts drive under water and the Nintendo fanboy fucktards call it Inovation!!!! :lol: :lol:

Mario 64 was the last thing they done to their games that was innovating. I love my Nintendo franchise games cause you know what you are going to get. But listening to dumb shit Ninty fanboys bag sequels on PS3 or 360 for been the same in 1 generation, is so hypocritical considering Nintendo last new IP was when??? And still continue to pump out pretty much the same games that have barely changed for the last 20 years.
That is like saying tekken or virtua fighter is the same as last game. That would be true. You still do the same moves, you still have the same controls, you still have the same story (tournament) but the bulk of the reason you buy it is the gameplay enhancements itself.

Street Fighter 4 almost didn't get made simply because capcom had finished with it and thought it might not be what we fans want but they were wrong. The problem you guys have is you are not into gameplay driven experiences. You like story based titles. You actually buy things based on things like story and deep characters and interesting settings.

Nothing wrong with that. But gaming wasn't about those things back in the good old days. If the game was fun people would buy it for that reason alone. Not because you can have lesbian relationship in mass effect or play bowling minigames with people in GTA. You people have become non-gamers. It's not that the nintendo games are not new, (they are new in the gameplay elements) it's that you've changed so you want to move on from fun games to story based experiences. (maybe it is time to take a break) Whereas in the past you were happy with duke nukem 3d (basically a platform shooter in FPS) you now want gritty environments where everything is so goddamn serious. (Max Payne) But not everyone wants that. Why is story so important all of a sudden?
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

GameHED wrote:
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
Play some other nintendo published stuff like Golden Sun or the fire emblem games.

Don't lie man. It's only making your reputation worse. You like ff13. And ME3 had a shit ending and betrayed the fans by telling them early that the choices they made would matter. At least with Zelda you never feel like you are playing last years titles with updated visuals. The 5 year gaps help you to appreciate the game more.
There is no way people are emotionally connected to the characters they play in videogames. That is a huge exageration. lol I have never seen anyone jump off a bridge or kill themselves after their virtual love interest dies. You get far more depth from books. When aerith died in Final Fantasy 7 I admit I kind felt sad but it is a stupid videogame not real life. As if that is the real reason people buy games.. :roll: "press x to see new chapter"

Be happy that nintendo actually cares about its fans unlike sega who never want to make new wonderboy games you whiney little brat. And the idea of episodic gaming is stupid. It means the quality will vary between games. For instance the differences between Dragon Age 1 and 2. Now imagine differences like that happening between episodes? It is annoying. Just make one big epic game like nintendo where you see sequels every 5 years you greedy fucks.
Oh yeah.. that REPUTATION... a reputation indeed... let's have a look at the very definition of reputation, shall we?

Noun

1. The beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something.
2. A widespread belief that someone or something has a particular habit or characteristic.

GENERALLY HELD OR WIDESPREAD BELIEF. As it stands.. the only person with those opinions are.. well.. YOU.

ME3's ending isn't for everyone. I was okay with it in that I appreciated that sometimes you don't get exactly what you want and in real life.. there are times where you are presented with situations where there are only a few options to go with. This was a common theme throughout the games and if you hadn't worked that out by the third game.. you deserve to feel pissed off. Sure.. I wanted a happy ending with Kaidan and Shepard adopting 12 Turian babies.. but meh.. I live in hope for the DLC but if it doesn't come.. I respect that also.

Comparing Zelda to ME3? You ARE a idiot.

Episodic gaming is crap in your eyes? Well.. we all knew you were a fuckwit... didn't need another confirmation, Captain Obvious.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

LizardHED wrote:And ME3 had a shit ending and betrayed the fans by telling them early that the choices they made would matter.
Last night's Itchy & Scratchy was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured that I was on internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.
Hey, I know it wasn't great, but what right do you have to complain?
As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.
What? They've given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? I mean, if anything, you owe them.
Worst episode ever.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I'm just saying story isn't everything. Test Drive Unlimited 2 has a story. Wow. I really care about that element of the game and anticipate seeing a sequel with a deep relationship with my friends to become the most popular racer in the world. not.

Bashing nintendo for not adding deep stories to a platformer is like getting angry that you can't have a romance in a FPS or customise the sex of your character before blowing shit up. Fuck off you non-gamers. You support a game based on what platform the games are on not judging the games based on how good quality they are. No wonder reviewers gave Zelda TP an 8.8 on gamespot. This is the sign that gamers are becoming more and more like film critics not proper gamers. (you don't buy a zelda game for awesome voice acting) Sonic adventure sucked you fucking idiots. That is when they started making adventures out of a platform mascot. Stop trying to get nintendo to make shit games like sega. Next time I read a review of the next gears of war I am not going to care about the emotions I feel when I shoot stuff. I just want to know if the game is good first and foremost. Not all genres require deep stories.
Last edited by GameHED on 05 Feb 2013 03:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Gold Ambrose.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Give 'em hell GameHEAD!

Give 'em MOAR!!! :keke:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

GameHED wrote: Next time I read a review of the next gears of war I am not going to care about the emotions I feel when I shoot stuff.
Game. Set. Match. Someone lock him up now because he's 3 litres of crazy in a 2 litre bucket.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
LizardHED wrote:And ME3 had a shit ending and betrayed the fans by telling them early that the choices they made would matter.
Last night's Itchy & Scratchy was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured that I was on internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.
Hey, I know it wasn't great, but what right do you have to complain?
As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.
What? They've given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? I mean, if anything, you owe them.
Worst episode ever.
What an idiot. Do you even play videogames?
^
that is the reason EA was voted most hated company. They are way worse than nintendo who actually satisfy their fans. LOL When was the last time nintendo fans expressed disapointment with a recent mario? We actually feel proud to buy nintendo products with the nitendo seal of quality. You guys are just jealous of their sucess so you gather together on a lonely board and complain that the great titles are all one a low spec system forcing you to have to buy the hardware instead of have them work on a MS or Sony platform. You are not interested in intelligent discussion about the problems of the gaming industry. You just want to make excuses for the big publishers who have wrecked franchises based on bad business decisions. (episodic gaming is one of them where quality between titles can vary widely causing the series to feel inconsistent - like mass effect 3 with its shit ending that made fans so angry they demanded to have a new one. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:Street Fighter has evolved wayyyy past what it used to be in graphics, sound, gameplay and story.
Resident Evil has evolved wayyyy past what it started as.. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story.. especially story in that each game been a continuation and expansion on the Res Evil world.
Metal Gear Solid has been continually updated and improved upon in terms of aesthetics, gameplay and story.

No one is denying the disappointment of each sonic game being shit.

Nintendo has been doing it for 20+ years hence why it looks long in the tooth. The difference between what these other developers are doing and what Nintendo are doing? Nintendo hasn't done anything about adding substance to their big franchises. Oh look! Yoshi looks like a crochet doll.. LOOK @ TEH INVOATIONS!!11!!! Yeah.. no.. Just looks like Little Big Planet to me. Little has changed with the gameplay and nothing really has changed about giving the game a sense of evolution.
Graphics are not why people play mario games. The graphics must remain generic because it opens the way for emergent activity in the levels by making them out of blocks of common assets. If you have a level design to look a very specific way it will be more visually pleasing but the things you do there might not change much. It's like with Call Of Duty. You can't have too much variation of soldiers because all humans have to look the same but they can wear different clothing or react different or armed with gear but they are all based on 1 thing. Human people.

Just because there are no aliens or monsters in realistic war game doesn't mean the game can't have a lot of variety in how you encounter the single threat. Same with mario: you have the generic looking environments but the lego-pieces can more easily fit with one another because they are not specific to a location and give you more options on what players can do in the environment so that each level plays differently. You get generic graphics but you get more exploration and mystery and you think about the level because of the things in the game.

"But teh graphix look crap11!11 " is a weak argument. It was never the graphics that made mario special. It is the controls, physics, exploration, fun of the levels that people play them for.
The game requires skill and it is not just about prescripted events like a majority of games today where everything is loaded into memory at once but the experience is always the same feeling on repeat play-throughs. With mario games, you actually get worse at the game the less you play it and hone your skills, because it is not just the physics but the reacting to all the objects in the levels which act independently of one another to create funny situations on repeat runs.

Compare mario games to many better-looking platforms of its time and you will see that the more basic graphics (but refined controls) actually don't matter after hours of running through levels. It's because your mind is focused on the task at hand and the actual things you DO in the environments that make it addictive.

You can think of it like driving games: you could play it for hours and get sick of the scenary, but over time you get a litle bit better the more you understand the course and your vehicle. Well the same goes for mario. It's not the same story for a game like say Rayman 1 on ps1. Your character has virtually no phsyics at all, he moves at the same speed, and each level looks good but it feels the same because the things you do are not as fun as in mario. Graphics are not why people like mario. They never have been and they never will be. Having bad graphics in a platformer is no more worse than say, not having the ability to change your appearance or sex in a FPS where you never get to see yourself (because the camera is inside your head, making it pointless). My point is you are attacking tiny things that matters very little in that genre. It's like attacking kirby because he is pink and pink is not your fave colour therefore you avoid playing the kirby games due to hating the character and the environments he walks around in without understanding the appeal.

Street Fighter has not changed that much in gameplay BTW. Yes you get slightly better graphics but that is not why people like street fighter. (in fact some people prefer it goes back to the cartoony look without realistic shading and more of an flat anime look over the 3d models which just make everything look like toys fighting each other. Blanka looks nothing like the original character for instance and seems to have lost a lot of mass - 2d version is the real one imo)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Vince wrote:When it comes down to it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Nintendo games. They're some of the best games created. Ever! But my whole argument is, Nintendo is in trouble. WE ALL know Wii U is primarily for playing Nintendo games, but instead of surprising us with new 3rd party games, Nintendo announces what we know will eventually come. None of those announced games were a surprise. It was known when the wii u was announced those games would come. Now show us something fucking DIFFERENT... A new character. A new game. Not something that was made 9 years ago so we better make a sequel now. That's just weak and pathetic.
So say what you want Jasper. Spin it anyway you like but it was a weak announcement. It was nothing that wasn't expected. Nintendo keep promising 3rd party support and yet they can't muster up heaps of big name games when this console was announced 2 E3's ago!?! Yes yes, wonderful 101. Bayonetta 2 etc... A new game from retro 3 years in the making. Big fucking deal. Where's the next metal gear solid? Where's the new big racing simulator? Where's the new versions of FIFA/madden? Not on wii u.
Uh show some respect Retro actually helped bring metroid into the 3d realm and it risked pissing off fans of the series but turned out ok. I think they are a big deal. Metal Gear Solid? Who cares? That is a multiplatform series that people are expecting pretty much all the time. If Konami can't make new characters then why would nintendo? It's risky. Sega tried to create ambitious new IP like Shenmue in the DC days and nobody gave a fuck. If you don't buy the games the creators can't continue. Personally I think they do have new ip but they keep stuff hidden so they can release it suddenly. Remember that car combat game that retro was working on for the game cube? I really wanted to see that made but nintendo didn't want it so they scrapped it. (maybe they are anti-violence) Don't forget when MS created the mascot "Blinx". Nobody gave a fuck. It's easy to pressure them to make new things but unless you buy they would prefer making what the masses of sheeple like.

An update to body harvest would be great. Why don't you people just email them to tell them what you would like? Perhaps you are too lazy and just don't care enough so you would rather whine about it on boards. Get active. Personally I think nintendo should secure the rights to a sequel to Capcom vs SNK on the Wii U. Wii got Tatsunoko vs Capcom exclusive, then MVC3 came out for xbox and ps3, now I think capcom should either do darkstalkers or CVS3 for Wii U.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

GameHED, by any chance are you related to the Duracell Bunny?.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Set up a completely separate forum for Jasper and GameHED and make it that they can only post in that forum.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

That would elevate them to "special".

They aren't.