Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Re: Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by Megaman »

Look I'd reply in detail to your comments but it's a bit hard to type on this remote.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Poor Megan is getting upset at the thought of Xbox Next being Microsoft's last gaming system... :cry:

Perish the thought of not having to waste over half a grand on a faulty Microsoft gaming system, and paying less money to play the superior PC version equivalent via cloud gaming directly from a television.

It's horrible isn't it? But i'm sure the backlog of Crash Bandicoot games will be available to you via cloud gaming on tv. :wink:

You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Crash Bandicoot, don't you, otherwise you wouldn't have run out and bought Crash Bandioot game after Crash Bandicoot game according to your XBL Gamertag!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweety, you want some real platforming fun, you should check out the likes of Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario 3D Land, Kirby's Epic Yarn, New Super Mario Bros. U... :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I'm unconvinced. It's cool tech, but I have my doubts whether in Australia we'll have the bandwidth to stream next gen graphics.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Jasper wrote:Nobody here is actually going to be fucking stupid enough to purchase Xbox Next at launch
I'd guess at 90% here being stupid enough to buy at launch. Me included. Who's what's a dumb cunt now?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

You clowns are actually going to risk being fucked over again by Microsoft with a RROD 2.0, instead of waiting it out for a couple months to ensure the hardware on store shelves are free of any hardware faults?

That is so stupid! And for what? To rush into repeating the same cycle of playing graphically inferior versions of PC games?

You can't instead play the superior versions on PC for a short while, and then when you know Xbox Next hardware is working fine, go back to playing the inferior console versions?

:loco:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

As it stood... I think Microsoft did a pretty good job of looking after everyone who had problems with their 360. It was pretty straightforward.

Something to remember - we are talking about a games console here... not a kidney dialysis machine. I was without my console for 3 weeks and you know what I did? I entertained myself playing other games on other systems and actually got to relive games like Dragonforce but also have a chance to try out some games I never got around to playing on my original Xbox. You talk like the 360 RROD situation was the end the world.

While I think it is great that Nintendo are being competitive with their pricing - it pushes Sony and Microsoft to be more thoughtful with their intro price point. Just had a look at JB and the premium wii u pack is $428. To actually PLAY a game (Nintendo Land doesn't count) you have to pay another 70 or so bucks to play anything worthwhile so we are now up at the half a grand mark. It wouldn't be such a horrible thing if the Wii U suddenly was faulty because it's not like there is anything monumental to play on it right now. The majority of the high scoring games are all ports.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Wow it took 3 feels to get your RROD replaced? Mine was gone 8 days.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Madmya wrote:Wow it took 3 feels to get your RROD replaced? Mine was gone 8 days.
I think anyone who has to send a console in for repair would feel like they'd been felt up a few times. 3 feels is a bit much though. One or two sneaky grabs you could live with.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Actually now that I recall.. it wasn't 3 weeks.. it was more like 10 or so days BUT the problem was that having it delivered back was a bit of a stuff around. I left for Europe and it was sent to a mate's place and they weren't home so it was it a game of tag for having it delivered. That wasn't Microsoft's fault.

That was a really surreal time for me actually. Having taking a redundancy and pretty much got back from Hawaii to have a 360 not working but then sending it off and going "Hmm I don't have to go to work tomorrow morning.. my 360 is off being fixed... what to do? ooo backlog!" Churned through quite a few games then...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Cletus wrote:
Madmya wrote:Wow it took 3 feels to get your RROD replaced? Mine was gone 8 days.
I think anyone who has to send a console in for repair would feel like they'd been felt up a few times. 3 feels is a bit much though. One or two sneaky grabs you could live with.
Haha whoops! Ah well, MS touch me all the time.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I can see it being a similarly close race this gen again between ps4 and 720 (Nintendo are stuck in this gen with Wii u whilst Wii lost to ps2). I'm going with the ps4 (my little brother's getting the 720) so I'm really just excited to see what innovations they both come up with. I think Sony will have learnt their lesson by making ps3 hard to develop for by making ps4 far easier to cope with. Just the thought of a 60 frames a sec high def Uncharted on ps4 is absolutely mouth watering! Even Devil May Cry 2 (playing the reboot now and it's amazing) in 1080p60 will be something to behold for us console only gamers.
Really makes me so frustrated and disappointed in the backwards, under powered wii u.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I don't think PS4 will be innovative at all apart from a touch pad on the controller, but that's hardly innovative. I do have a feeling it'll be the best platform from a purely gaming perspective. Cept for that fucking dualshock shape.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The last Gaurdian launch title for PS4???
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

I'm not sure what the relevance of the next next-gen is to our anticipation / enjoyment of this upcoming next gen?

Personally I can't wait. Hoping against all hope that I'll have my new man cave set up... and that the NBN is connected... and woo hoo, Xmas 2013 could be one for the ages.

What I would like is the ability to split screen multiplayer to more than one monitor. I'm too old to share a screen... I get distracted by the other half... and my kids watch both screens to their advantage.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Madmya wrote:I don't think PS4 will be innovative at all apart from a touch pad on the controller, but that's hardly innovative. I do have a feeling it'll be the best platform from a purely gaming perspective. Cept for that fucking dualshock shape.
They're mentioning a share button that can capture 15mins of gameplay or somthin... All will be revealed!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Seriously, the biggest fucking barrier from me ever getting hyped for a Playstation console is their loyalty to the shittiest gamepad ever. Fuck dual shock.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Jasper wrote:You clowns are actually going to risk being fucked over again by Microsoft with a RROD 2.0, instead of waiting it out for a couple months to ensure the hardware on store shelves are free of any hardware faults?
Didn't people say that about the PS2 and the sideways-only 'functionality' of the original models?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Scullibundo wrote:Seriously, the biggest fucking barrier from me ever getting hyped for a Playstation console is their loyalty to the shittiest gamepad ever. Fuck dual shock.
Yeah I hate the Playstation controller. 4 buttons for a Dpad? Fuck off. 8-way or fuck off.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Vince wrote:I can see it being a similarly close race this gen again between ps4 and 720 (Nintendo are stuck in this gen with Wii u whilst Wii lost to ps2). I'm going with the ps4 (my little brother's getting the 720) so I'm really just excited to see what innovations they both come up with. I think Sony will have learnt their lesson by making ps3 hard to develop for by making ps4 far easier to cope with. Just the thought of a 60 frames a sec high def Uncharted on ps4 is absolutely mouth watering! Even Devil May Cry 2 (playing the reboot now and it's amazing) in 1080p60 will be something to behold for us console only gamers.
Really makes me so frustrated and disappointed in the backwards, under powered wii u.
Bwahahahahahahahahaha......this coming from the same guy who just yesterday ranted and raved about sequels of Nintendo games, including those for Pikmin (even though there hasn't been a new Pikmin in 9 years) and Smash Bros (nor a new Smash Bros in 5 years).

But here you are popping a boner over a fourth Uncharted on a home console in less than 5 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Utter Hypocrite! :down:

Also funny how you're hoping for a new "60fps high definition Uncharted"...hmm...playing it a little safe are we just in case Sony disappoints, and not publicly expressing your desire for a new Uncharted in 1080p, are we Vince? :wink:

And good luck waiting for your bundle of PS4 "innovations". From what's been leaked, there's absolutely nothing innovative about PS4 other than the unreliable Vita backside touchpad being shoehorned into the new dual shock controller....really "innovative"... :roll:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Haha... Didn't Nintendo and yourself go on about how all Wii U games will be 1080p, 60FPS??? How many Wii U games are running at native 1080p Casper??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Owned!
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Scullibundo wrote:Seriously, the biggest fucking barrier from me ever getting hyped for a Playstation console is their loyalty to the shittiest gamepad ever. Fuck dual shock.
Yup! Sony needs a new controller fucken stat!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

guttermouth wrote:Haha... Didn't Nintendo and yourself go on about how all Wii U games will be 1080p, 60FPS??? How many Wii U games are running at native 1080p Casper??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually no. I haven't nor has Nintendo.

Though there are games like the Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends which is native 1080p and runs at 60fps!
Rayman Legends on Wii U combines beautiful artwork, animation and audio with some innovative GamePad integration - and it all runs at native 1080p with a nigh-on flawless 60 frames per second update.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... wii-u-demo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now that this matter is resolved, you can go back to changing the content of IGN articles before posting them here at Games-Ranch like you have done so in the past! :redface:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It can run a 2d side scroller in 1080p at 60fps.

I do remember you saying that BLOPS 2, NSMBU were full HD and got proven wrong.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Just one of your several 1080p Wii-U posts, but this one is by far my favorite...
Jasper wrote:List of Wii U games available on launch day in Australia -

There are a lot of multiplatform titles, then again it is a system launch, but most of the multiplatform games have bonus content, better graphics, "off tv play" etc.

Plus unlike the PS3/360 versions, games like Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed III etc...on Wii U run in true 1080p HD at 60fps. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

time for you to fuck off!!!