Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by unfnknblvbl »

So, I just used my 360 Elite controller for the first time forever. Man, this thing was the bomb when it came out, but it just feels like a cheap toy compared to the standard 'bone controller, let alone the elite one.

Even though the 'bone may be mostly rubbish, it really must be said that Microsoft outdid themselves with the 'bone controller. Like, to the Nth degree. Controllers really have no right to be this good.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

If I could justify spending the money I would grab an Elite controller, looks incredible. $200 is overkill though. I could probably sell one of my Hori Fighting sticks I guess to fund it though.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I didn't even know there was a 360 Elite controller, I thought they were all the same apart from that one with the spinny dpad.
unfnknblvbl wrote:

Even though the 'bone may be mostly rubbish
Watch out, you'll wake up lepo.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

So far with my Xbone.. all I have done is fucking update it. And update it. And fucking update it.

Errgh.

Only got 34gig to go before I can play Gears 4.. and even then.. I'll probably have another few gigs of NEW updates for that too.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... r-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But it's the PC version that proves most fascinating here, and ultimately, it's the version of For Honor that offers genuine improvements that go beyond the cosmetic. There's a reason why gamers covet 60fps gameplay: the silky-smooth visuals of course, along with input lag savings that usually start at 50ms below the console equivalents. The additional temporal resolution seems to offer a crisper experience in the controls and in a game where timing in both attack and defence is so fundamental, For Honor simply feels better to play.
PC the only version worth playing

:lol: 30fps fighting game on consoles :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Oh, what do you know....Samsung were already working on getting Gaikai's cloud gaming service on it's televisions, though Sony have now acquired Gaikai (i'm betting so that they can eventually rebrand Gaikai to Playstation and integrate it into Sony televisions/blu-ray players, etc).

It actually looks pretty incredible! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Samsung Cloud Gaming to Stream Console-Quality Games Straight to Smart TVs

It was announced at E3 today that Samsung Cloud Gaming, developed in partnership with Gaikai, a leading cloud-based video game platform provider, will stream a mix of family-friendly and AAA video games directly to owners of 2012 Samsung LED 7000 series and up Smart TVs in the U.S.

The cloud-based gaming service will be second to none, allowing users access to some of the video game industry's biggest titles, without the need for a console, in much the same way that smart TVs are eliminating the need for a set-top cable box.

One of the more exciting consumer-designed perks of the platform is the try-before-you-buy payment plan, allowing users a free trial of any game, so they'll never have to pay good money for a game they end up disliking.

Samsung will soon begin accepting sign-ups for the Beta Test of its Cloud Gaming service on Smart TVs for users in the United States.
http://gizmodo.com/5916101/samsung-clou ... -smart-tvs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously this right here is the future of gaming! PS4 and Xbox Next WILL be the last gaming systems from Sony/MS, because there is no fucking way anybody is going to spend hundreds of dollar on a gaming system to play the same games available to them directly through their television unit & without the need for new hardware. :wink:
4 years since this post and Jasper couldn't have been more wrong :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Cos he's a shitcunt
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Yikes...the E3 2017 floorplans have just been revealed, and whilst Sony and Nintendo have reserved absolutely massive floorspaces, Microsoft have reserved what looks like the smallest floorspace in Microsoft's entire E3 history (it's fucking tiny). :shock:

Very odd considering E3 is supposed to mark the reveal of Scorpio (and Scorpio of course launching later in the year). Maybe with Sony absolutely thrashing Microsoft this generation (a paltry 28 million XB1's sold compared to almost 60 million PS4's) in addition to Microsoft no longer having exclusive XB1 games (as XB1 first party games are also now being released on PC)...maybe third party developers have simply given up on Microsoft and the Xbox brand. :?

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:Maybe third party developers have simply given up on Microsoft and the Xbox brand. :?

You mean just like they did with the Wii U?

How many units did the Wii U sell worldwide?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

12 million.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So the Xbone outsold the Wii U 2.3 to 1? Gee that's a pretty poor effort. Seems their home consoles are really hit and miss. I'm sure the Switch can be saved with some old third party titles already available on other machine, or if that fails sell a few updated games like Maori Kart 8 and ZombiU2 featuring Bono.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yes, the second-place-by-a-mile XBONE vastly outsold the Wii U despite the Wii U having a head start.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

:lol:
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Candy Arse wrote:Yes, the second-place-by-a-mile XBONE vastly outsold the Wii U despite the Wii U having a head start.
I guess history has a tenancy to repeat itself... 8)
Platform Totals:

Wii LTD: (101.18 MILLION UNITS SOLD)

360 LTD ~ With A One Year Headstart: (85.77 MILLION UNITS SOLD)

P:S Even with XB1's lead in hardware units, not a single XB1 game (e.g. Halo 5, Forza 5/6, Titanfall), has managed to sell more copies than Wii U's top games (e.g. Mario Kart 8 ). :redface:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Wii - 101.18m
Wii U - 12m

:lol: ouch :lol:

Will the Switch even beat Wii U?
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

That decline, a pattern followed??.....A fluke in there??

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

A fad, one could say.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

How embarrassment!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Far out, didn't realise Wii U was that big a flop.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'm surprised they still made money on the Wii U and software sales. It barely sold more than the Dreamcast.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

XBOX SCORPIO will be revealed this week!

Oh, and the reveal will be exclusive to Digital Foundry!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I bet it will be all positive. Money hats!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yep expecting monster specs and no more fucking jaguar!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Will it have any exclusives to play on it though? (that aren't Halo/Forza/Gears).
RIGHTEOUS FURY
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

That's for E3 elf, this is purely a tech reveal. I expect Ms to announce a fresh batch of games, we know playground has a second dev team, talk that the coalition are going to revive the IP they were working on before gears, basically things had to die to make way for newer things.

Crackdown 3 is going to be fucking nuts on this box!

There is talk that this box will play pc games via the windows store. So it's going to be even more PC like. Can't wait to see what happens Thursday.