t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by t0mby »

:rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Dark Souls 3 -

PC = 1440p 60fps
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Was tempted to get Dark Souls but still yet to play the first two. Preordered Deus Ex for $58. Gobless Greenmangaming
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Dark Souls 3 -

PC = 1440p 60fps
PS4 = 1080p 30fps
XBONE = 900p 25fps
So the higher the res the higher the frames!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:Looks to me like the core audience IS buying it as the SFV numbers for tournaments are already bigger than ever for SF4. I know this because I pay attention to the community and game and am involved myself.

The FGC is the core audience, not oddjobs who only buy for single player.
Serious question not trying to make fun of you:
So if given a choice to have a full game on release vs having a full game later which would you prefer?

The reason I ask is that capcom reputation took a hit from not including single arcade mode.

This is something unheard of. It would be the equivalent of Blizzard not letting a man solo in diablo.

I bought the game but I felt like they gave me the demo not the full thing. I would have preferred waiting and I bet the game would have gotten better review scores from the critics if it had just gone the route of SF4 on release which had traditional features all there day 1.

Do you think companies that make other fighting games are crazy for caring about including ALL the modes in their games? Eg tekken, guilty gear, blazblue etc?

Or do you admit capcom lost some respect when they releaed SFV and that in future it would be better to hold off on demo version as a full release priced game? (I would not have complained if I didn't pay full price)

To not care about their image with the non-core gamers I get it from a personal view as a gamer. You just want the thing now now now. And you got what you wanted. (just like how many buy Call of Duty game and couldn't give a fuck about the campaign mode) But capcom is also a company that needs to make money.
The reason SF4 almost didn't get made was that it was believed its days of being relevent to today was just not there anymore.

Don't you see what greywizard and I and many other critics are worried about? What happened to Megaman (where they cancelled it and tried to kill the franchise) may actually happen to SF if capcom is not careful?

You don't see Sega keep making new VF games. You don't see a sequel to "Yie Ar Kung Fu" by Konami. There is a danger the company may stop doing a certain game series because they only want the big money. (ie COD.) The RE franchise started to jump the shark after this attitude took hold and they stopped caring about quality. And the same thing with DMC where they felt a need to reboot it and the game ended up angering older fans. (because capcom was catering to the wrong people)

Capcom needs to care about everyone. In the same way when Monster Hunter got rebooted for nintendo platforms with MH Tri on wii where they actually helped to explain the game mechanics so you wouldn't be left in the dark not knowing how to play it because it was too hardcore.

Yes I personally don't care much for arcade mode since I play couch multi like the arcades, but many DO care about the value argument. ie that they have to wait for things to come later even though they paid full price upfront. And that should matter to you guys too because like RE or megaman, capcom might go evil and decide to just kill it off if they don't see enough sales (ie high scrores from metacritic)

Same reason we don't see obsidian Fallouts now that Fallout NV couldn't get enough dumb gamers to like it because it was too hardcore compared to Bethesda versions of the games. (which as we see with fallout 4 it's gotten more kid-friendly now. For instance no strength requirements to hold/handle heavy guns which means dudes who are weak can use forbidden weapon and make replays less different. Most people who play RPGs want to be punished for not meeting a certain requirement in their base stat to use equipment because it's what makes you special/different unique. It's made the role playing of your PC less involving and you have less to think about before building up your player character - something that pretty much all RPG in the past made you do)

One of the reason Street Fighter 3 failed to grab the average joe is partly because the intermediate guys couldn't do the parrying consistently. If capcm doesn't encourage new players into the FGC it will shrink just like VF one and you won't see sequels because of poor sales. It's all linked. You got to care about EVERYONE. It's bad game design to not explain the play mechanics effectively and give people ability to explore things at their own pace. NeoGeo games did this easily back in the 90s and I expect that in ALL games so people who are learning know WHY they are losing or getting something wrong. Back when fighting games were in their prime instructions were right there on the cabinet. If you paid attention to the special move list and practiced daily you could do most of the things the CPU did to you. And that is one aspect of gaming that brings joy to noobies who find basic shit like being able to do their first dragon punch in time to KO a CPU guy an achievement. To intermediate and advanced that is not thought of as anything special but to noobs that means they are getting better. Good enough to know how to control their character but maybe not to fight effectively online with older veterens.

Unlike you I would much prefer to lift up the losers and noobs to higher skill levels so there is more total people playing the game that are competent, not just cater to those who were around 25 years ago and trust that older veterens will tell the noobs how to play it competitively. Notice how all nintendo games are designed for multiple skill levels so that nobody gets pissed? You see it in games like Mario Kart, (the multiple speed options) the Zelda games (puzzles are obvious if you pay attention to details after analysing the environment), splatoon (single player mode is the tutorial for multi) and the reason nintendo succeeds is because they understand GOOD GAME DESIGN.

With Monster Hunter, you know what you are doing because there is an effort to gently build your skill and knowledge during the solo campaign so that when you go online people ar not pissed at you for screwing up the hunt and wasting their time.

Candy you got a long way to go if you wish to be unbiased. As a pc gamer I feel sorry for you. Back when games on pc were good this kind of shit didn't need explaining. (games back in the past were designed much better and let you explore and discover things for yourself) It seems gamers today are selfish and short sighted unable to empathise with the noob who just wants to get good. You can't get good if companies don't match the polish level of the competition. (ie namco, Arc System Works, Midway etc) It's like going to a job interview: you want your first impression to leave a lasting impact on the interviewer. If a noob to fighting games buys SFV and sees that it's missing content on release he's oly going to think of all the bad stuff he heard about the game not the good stuff you and the FGC talk about. And that means a lost sale. You want to get sale to all people not just FGC. The two are not mutually exclusive things. Targeting only the FGC is really just capcom's way to exploit players to help them balance test the game early imo. Maybe they are threatened by the release of other fighting game series so they rushed its release.

They should have made the game half price, then made you pay to unlock the entire game plus characters with a key or something. A customer should only pay AFTER he gets what he wants. Not ahead. This whole preorder mentality is dangerous to the gamers because the gamer absorbs the risk if the thing sucks. (se aliens colonial marines incident)

One of the reasons capcom has stated we don't see a new Darkstalkers sequel is because it just isn't popular enough to warrant the risk. Businesses need to think of the bottom line. I just don't want to see capcom fail buddy. To not fail, you got to look at the competition and what they offer and try to do better or match it, whilst not pissing off people. The core game is good but not enough to avoid pissing off the critics who have played fighting games from a wide range of companies. You can choose to ignore that, but it will come with a price. (possible lessened sales in future if people migrate to a different community) Word of mouth is how you boost awarenes, but if the negative word of mouth is bigger than positive word of mouth it might negatively affect the image of the company enough that people stop caring.

I used to care about EA games in the past before they went evil. I remember booting up Need For Speed on my wii U at my nephews house and at the time it was trying to go online and the internet wasn't set up yet at the house. Due to lack of internet I couldn't show him the game because the game demands you log into servers before being allowed to play. That kind of shit is what I am talking about that is going to cost them sales mate.
They don't care about me? Ok I will give my money to others in future. I pretty much boycott all EA games just on principle for being apathetic. Even if the game is decent. Will capcom go the route of EA and not care anymore about the wideer audience? Time will tell.... But they are doing polls to see if fans of dead series like Megaman wish for more new sequels to that frachise which shows there is hope they will revert to how they were in the past.
^they will start to care about sequels when sales increase of megaman games to prove the risk is worth it. You don't want SF to get low metacritic scores and low sales. Although sales don't matter to YOU, it does to capcom. Much like SF it is an OLD series. So if the older people die off and stop being relevent, you won't see any more games of that type because it is believed it is past its time just like 2d shoot em ups. (you don't see those in arcades anymore because it's not as profitable)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

FFXV demo out now, 3.8gb.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Titanfall 2 officially announced this morning. Teaser trailer this morning with a launch trailer or whatever they call it in June.

Fingers crossed for a proper single player mode
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Can't wait...Still play Titanfall time to time now. Still one of the best muliplayer games ever.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I really enjoyed it. Fast paced and some nice new editions to the fps genre.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Anyone jumped on the Doom beta yet?? Couldn't even finish a game, turned off after 5 minutes.

Dull, soul less and looks like shit, At least its looks like running at 60fps
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

http://www.battlefield.com/event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join us on May 6 at 4PM ET/9PM BST for a first look at the future of Battlefield™.
Rumours going around is that it's set in WW1.

I skipped BF4 but I'm definitely going to jump in on this one.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Single action rifles and Sopwith Camels? Zzzzzz
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Mirror's Edge

PS4 - 900p 60fps
XBONE - 720p 30-60fps
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Performance still could improve as stated in the article but I'm doubting the resolution will change.
The original is still a looker to this day but the remake isn't doing much for me.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Performance can easily improve - get the superior PC version :lol:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

My desire to fly a sopwith camel is pretty strong.

How about some cool dog fighting games you fuckers! That's where the action is!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Isn't dog fighting still illegal? Who are the main draw cards now?
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Mirror's Edge

PS4 - 900p 60fps
XBONE - 720p 30-60fps
What about the ps4k? That'll need to be 60fps and 1080p... Hopefully once Microsoft release their update xbone it'll reach similar specs to ps4k!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Doom.

PS4 - 1080p 60fps
XBONE - 1472x828 45fps
PC - whatever you want :lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Whatever you want. Whatever. :lol:
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Whatever you want to spend...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:Whatever you want. Whatever. :lol:
1440p, all settings ultra, 75fps+

The only way to game :up:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

But what if I want 500fps, cos after all the more fps the better the gameplay is! ;)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Ouch, that 45 fps is off-putting.

Still... will probable get it when it's cheap.