Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by flipswitch »

It ain't that bad.
On Xbox One, performance isn't quite as robust but it still manages to feel great. During many of the larger battles, frame-rates tumble into the mid-50s with some dips all the way down into the 40s. Again, the general perception is that the experience is smooth, but the drops are more evident throughout. Still, it's a solid effort and one that Xbox One owners will still greatly enjoy.
It's also a triumph for multi-platform releases in that each version of the game feels crafted for its target machine
While it's true that the PS4 version takes the lead when comparing the two consoles with its faster frame-rate and higher resolution, the Xbox One version is still incredibly well made and looks excellent. No matter which platform you choose, you're bound to have a great time with Doom.
Added in extra quote for those who didn't read the article.
Last edited by flipswitch on 22 May 2016 06:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

OK. That's good. Will still buy on the cheap. Sorry id.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

It's pretty established now that if you own xbone and ps4 you just buy multi plats on PS4. I haven't seen xbone get a win in 3rd party matchups in a long while now, better gpu always translates into a better experience.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

So who is going to be buying the One 2 when it comes out?

A lot of people think having the new One is unecessary and will fragment the market but when this VR gimmick shit takes off for FPV games (which I think will get heavy VR support), ..that the extra power of the .5 upgrade will make the difference. Why else does "morpheus" on sony match the name of ps4.5 "neo". They are both from the matrix! And probably be bundle deals.

right now it seems that they are downplaying the upgraded editions as "not beneitting you if you don't have 4K tv" but I call bullshit on that because developers will want to take advantage of the power to make their games look better and be smoother.
The reason they are saying "people will not benefit much from the scorpio if they don't have 4k tv" sounds like they just don't want to ruin the existing One's sales. They know they are getting beaten in digital foundry comparisons and need to kill off One 1. So before they announce that One 1 is dead, they need to say it's the only platform developers will target.

Personally I think it should just be killed off like the original Xbox early and they just focus all development on scorpio. Give the existing Xbox One owners free games as compensation on Xbox One 2. Sort of like nintendo did when 3DS was still expensive and had a price drop. Pay them in goodies. This generation is already fucked up enough. Fucking it up more isn't going to hurt anyone. Just accept it like people who accepted that the 3DS with only 1 analogue stick had to and upgrade. Having 4.5 the power of the One in One 2 is big enough to call it a sequel console and not .5 console.

Do you really want the 900P gen to last 10 years? All those people saying .5 console are unecessary are crazy imo. NX will probably be better than One specs so it's a necessary evil since the coders are too crappy to get consistent 60fps at 1080P. The point of announcing early is to prevent people converting to NX or PS4.5 and ditching the One platform.

This was what people wanted, not TV TV TV TV. So all those guys getting angry at MS and sony announcing .5 versions need to look at this thing realistically and stop being angry. They know you put up with this shit before with the original xbox, and you did with all the various 3DS upgrades (new dual analogue sticks version etc) as well as the RROD things from last gen so they are positioning themselves to go back to that 9 year gen pattern again. (not the mobile phone upgrade pattern as many keep thinking. I think it will just be that for newer models it shrinks and gets more power efficienct and you have slim and elite models during the 9 year cycle. Not all developers can afford to make big budget games and fine just creating games with shit graphics which is why I think nintendo is smart uniting handheld with home console with NX, as people will not notice too much detail drop when playing on small screens.)

1080P at 60fps should have been this gen's bare minimum and 30fps consistent with no drops (for single player experiences where you are not competing with other players and graphics detail is far more important) would be if the game wanted to look extra pretty.

But what you got is 900P which isn't acceptable. MS needs to stop bullshitting people and just say they fucked up, and One 1 is going to die early because Sony kicked their butts like in the ps2 gen.

Third party developers always go for the userbase so will only devote certain amount of resources catering to the underpowered system. They will put in just enough effort to make the game passable, but not polished. (since not as many people own that platform) This is the truth. No need to spin it and say Scorpio is only good for people who want higher res. People want more power so you would have been better telling people "One is shit, but this new version isn't" and be done with it. I would much rather have pretty graphics and fx at 1080P than 4K but choppy frames. So hopefully scorpio has options for games which were designed around the 1080P standard which people wanted in the first place for this gen. In most racing games you don't stare at the floor and notice each pixel. You are too busy driving. But for slow paced shit like adventures, people couldn't give a shit about framerates as much as environmental details. Halo for instance only had 30fps but much better living environments than COD which were these corridor shooting galleries that flush out the previous section from memory every few steps by locking doors behind you all the time.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:1080P at 60fps should have been this gen's bare minimum
Should just game on PC like the rest of us bro, 1440p 144fps is where it's at now :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

No I don't want to see the stretch marks on chun li's skin you idiot.

1080P is fine. You blind and balding old guys who can't shoot straight in a fps need it due to lack of ability to see anything, but for the rest of us gamers we just want moderate details so we can compete with more people ie the poor college kid who is still paying off his student loan.

SF4 console version = tournament standard. Capcom knows you guys are spreading viruses at the tournaments and creating free DLC when you hack all the character models and taking away their business when they try to sell paid DLC.

It's causing them to collapse and you are hoping EA buys them and ruins all the game franchises forcing the creators to have to abandon working at the companies and then go broke and homeless begging for money like Sega. (ie shenmue)

Do you want to see another collapse like Atari brought on with ET? (buggy games with no quality assurance, rushed releases etc) Well that's what pc is, which is what consoles shouldn't be. Stability and strength in numbers is how consoles have survived. I don't want to play games that crash to desktop after 50 hours of gameplay and corrupt my save and have to start again like you. I want polished experiences made with care. Graphics is only one part of the quality argument. YYour dream is for nintendo to go third party like sega and make mario games as shit as the sonic ones.

I get it. You are a closet EA/Ms nut hugger but not all companies want to treat customers like dirt and instead they believe in the work as piece of art too, not just products you create for money but without care put into them. Sadly downloading huge patches to fix games on launch is the norm now so I think consoles are losing their innocence and turning dark like the evil pc. That was the kind of thing that made skyrim so shit on ps3. We need to absorb the positive things from pc but not the negative.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

ReCore - broken on XBONE, works fine on PC

:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:
GameHED wrote:1080P at 60fps should have been this gen's bare minimum
Should just game on PC like the rest of us bro, 1440p 144fps is where it's at now :up:
You can game at 1440p@144fps on $400 hardware? Impressive!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Candy Arse wrote:
t0mby wrote:Looks great for $400 hardware. Show me a $400 pc looking as good as that image on the right. You can't! :lol:
Don't need to think about it - PC is where you get the power and the value. Pay a higher fee to enter (hardware), pay heavily reduced fees to stay (games).

:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

The fact that a gaming pc is almost equivalent of running 3 refrigerators, you only think you're saving money because the cost is hidden in your utility bill.

Keep in mind this image is only referring to the 'average' gaming computer, not a high end gaming pc.
To put that in perspective, a typical gaming console uses around 134 kilowatt hours while an average household PC will consum3 246 kilowatt hours. An Energy Star rated fridge chews up nearly 500 kilowatt hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Nah, specious argument. You can always buy the same PC game that is on a console for less and put your money towards your power bill if you are that hard up. And it becomes orders of magnitude cheaper during sales. Case in point, even when PSN has a sale, Steam still kills it - and it isn't even a season sale: Mad Max - PSN $24.95, Steam $13.33. Plus, don't have to worry about backwards compatibility issues, ever ;)
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

What about time spent getting the game to work properly? Time = $$$
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

If I may jump in without having read much of what this discussion is about at the moment, the thing that pushed me over the edge was the money saved on rebuying an arcade joystick, 4 controllers and online subscriptions. That pushed the price of a ps4 closer to the price of a PC for me. In the end I found an great second hand custom build gaming pc so I paid less than what a PS4 + peripherals would have cost me and got a computer as well. I may not be your average consumer but consider me happy; I don't miss out on SFV, fifa 17 or doom and I saved money.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Take your well-reasoned argument and get out!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:What about time spent getting the game to work properly? Time = $$$
You mean the part where I select a game in Steam and it loads up straight away with faster loading times than the console version?

:lol: @ ghetto gamers like Madmya and t0mby arguing this shit. Hope you guys run into each other when you're lined up at Centrelink.

P.S Go Raiders :nana: :nana: :nana:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Console gaming is progressively less appealing for me. Biggest thing for me recently has been the increase in price of PSN Plus for no real added value.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Digital Foundry on Bioshock Infinite PS4 vs XBONE vs PC.

:lol: about sums it up.

No AF on PS4, compromised framerate on both consoles, reduced effects on both consoles.

Bububu $400 and Centrelink! :lol:

:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I'm a card-carrying member of Team Master Race, but shitty ports piss me off no end. I don't need to go into the Arkham Knight saga again, or Mortal Kombat X's poor post release support, my current hate is PES 2017:

Pro Evo 2017 players are angry that the PC version has last-gen graphics (again)
:emo:

The only plus side is that I don't have the time to play all the games I have let alone ones like PES 2017 I don't have, but it's likely that when ye olde 360 finally dies, I'll still have to pick up a console at some point because developers are arse. Which sucks.

I'm also hearing that a fully modded Bioshock/Bioshock 2 is better on PC than the Remastered Editions. I mean come on people.

That and Windows 10's Start Menu still isn't good enough, but that's a separate issue :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

:lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

PC gaming sucks. Sure it's easy for them to attack the console now since this gen was underpowered with lots of remakes of old shit from last gen. But console is the place developers make money.

Stable closed platforms beat open platforms where bugs are all over the place ruining the experience and costing time.

PC is dying. Once the console manufacturers stop trying to copy nintendo with waggle gimmicks and just give us powerful specs again, you will forget how fucked up this console gen was. Only nintendo have the right to make undepowered machines since they make up for it by having the best talent working on things rather than relying so much on third parties to rescue them all the time who are lazy coders from the US who are more used to pc platfoms and can't optimise the code properly. As japanese company they don't tolerate low quality technical problems the way pc gamers do because they pirated their stuff.

For the people here who play pc it's always about specs and performance but you got to realise the people who make the best titles seem to work best with limits and rather than focus only on the visuals of a game they can put their efforts to the fun and then if the game is good port the thing to more platforms. If you make a game that only can be played by pirate pc gamers, they will go broke.

Attacking the consoles now is easy because of the waggle fad. MS and Sony should never have followed nintendo doing this. It caused them to think of the non-gamer first and the core gamer last, which meant an exodus of gamefans to pc platforms. Nintendo shouldn't worry about this since for whatever reason nintendo fans are ok with playing at minimalistic detail for the majority of games. (no realistic world settings in most nintendo titles, mostly cartoony environments)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Ignorant rant is ignorant.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Batman Return to Arkham.

PS4 - 1600 x 1080 @ 20fps
XBONE 1024 x 1080 @ 18fps
PC Batman games - 2180 x 1440 @ 70fps+
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Probably the worst remaster ever. Didn't they switch from UE3 to UE4?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Candy Arse wrote:Batman Return to Arkham.

PS4 - 1600 x 1080 @ 20fps
XBONE 1024 x 1080 @ 18fps
PC Batman games - 2180 x 1440 @ 70fps+
Sounds like Return to 2010
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sounds like the last 6.5 years.