Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:The Division

XBONE - 1728 x972 30fps
PS4 - 1920 x 1080 30fps
PC - 1440p 60fps+

:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
the GTX 970 and its Radeon R9 390 equivalent - a more measured approach to settings is required to hit 1080p60 on a regular basis. Here we needed to lower graphical quality
:suicide: Candy :suicide:

Can you still smell that.Victoria Bitter Candy? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Except I own a 980Ti, about 3 generations ahead of consoles :lol: :fight: :lol:

:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yup, a graphics card that costs as much as if not more than a console. Of course you'd expect it to outperform a console.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you Captain "Candy" Obvious. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I am playing The Division on the PS4 but I would much rather play it on a 970 at 60fps :/
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

You can do both. One for when you are playing other people who have machines that give 60fps so it's fair. And the other where everyone is stuck at 30fps so there is no doubt about who is superior player.

Remember SF4 on console is still considered tournament edition. Why? because poor guys want to compete against rich guys and the pc fragments userbase into 100 of thousands of diferent groups. (some guys who are povo, some are middle income, and rich people who assume that people who play games care about graphics alone)

Closed platforms is the future. Closed platforms with cross play already works with games like Final Fantasy 14 where the pc community can play with the ps4 one. Kids already have to pay for ISP, then the online subscription service, then the game, (and expansion) then the console and at some point the community is going to get smaller and smaller because of the paywalls and if they are too poor they will just say "fuck it I'm going to play some crap F2Play title which is an unbalanced mess and rewards you just for being there for a long time or paying for virtual objects rather than skill".

With pc there are less and less people the more high up in the specs you go. PC wants to convert console gamers to a steam model. But we are the superior ones and want to convert pc gamers to OUR MODEL. Which is stabilty and quality control in our games as well as inclusiveness of people from various income brackets. You can't have it with pc since it is an open platform and developers have to constantly provide support for 1000 million different people.
At the end of the day your graphics look like shit too because the developers always go for the mainstream so they can profit which is what the bean counters want. (and the reason major franchises undergo a dumbing down process to appeal to the lowest common denominator)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Can't read because on ignore list but I assume it was something derivative along the lines of less powerful hardware is better because more poor people can play on the bus?
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Something something 30fps>60fps.

Then you've got t0mby running damage control. Bu-bu-bu should be more powerful than underpowered consoles :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Not damage control. Console version of SF4 is still the tourney edition. I'm not Tomby. I am GameHED and I am here to make sure you pay for things that are good not worship PC like its a cult leader that can do no wrong because card companies say so.

PC gamers have to buy a console to get the tourney experience for SF4. Stop doing damage control for the pc tards. Yes the moderators on this board are on your side because they love pc, (only because the console version of Elite isn't out yet) but the console community outnumbers you guys and we are the hardcore gamers. You guys just cheat to survive or pay money to win. You are not interested in gaming, you are more interested in the technology behind it.
Yet gamers all over the world are having fun playing games like Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon competitively on underpowered systems.

Console ain't going nowhere as badly as you pc guys want it to. We got all the great first party exclusives and all you guys can do is gloat about how easy it is to pirate nintendo roms and play them on pc. Pathetic. No wonder the developers are so scared of you guys stealing their shit and going out of business. lol

If you think PC is so great why did Galak-Z come out on console first? And why is batman so crap on pc? Because pc games are just console games up-resed. They are not true pc games. They are console games. That means console is superior because pc gamer like our games and are playing them thinking they are for pc but in reality they are just console titles ported to pc. You have been conditioned to expect red carpet treatment by developers simply for being a pc gamer. But they can't sustain that piracy business model so you guys are going to get lazy ports.
Where is the pc edition of Bloodborne Candy? There is none. Because people want to play on console.

Sony is protecting us from evil elitist pc gamers who want to steal our console franchises but not give us obsidian titles:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... t-manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There was also a Change.org petition to get Bloodborne on PC, saying From Software “betrayed” PC gamers after releasing the last two games on PC. Before the news of Sony not having any plans to port the game came out, the petition had reached over 19,000 signatures.
This is punishment for being greedy. You got dark souls. You are just greedy. We want you to suffer.

You get to have Tyranny - a rpg that looks like my 486 pc can run it, and we can stop you having Bloodborne - a game that looks like it was made for modern time. I think that's fair. :up:
The future is in creating enough demand for console exclusives that pc gamers convert to console gamers. After that, pc games can finally stop being mere ports of console games we already own and we console gamers can have a genuine reason to buy pc to play pc exclusives and the world will be happier place. A place where people don't just buy a game based on the technology demo running it, but out of actual interest in the game itself instead of it being a pissing contest to see who can afford the highest spec hardware. Many of the best games look like shit!
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:Not damage control. Console version of SF4 is still the tourney edition. I'm not Tomby. I am GameHED and I am here to make sure you pay for things that are good not worship PC like its a cult leader that can do no wrong because card companies say so.

PC gamers have to buy a console to get the tourney experience for SF4. Stop doing damage control for the pc tards. Yes the moderators on this board are on your side because they love pc, (only because the console version of Elite isn't out yet) but the console community outnumbers you guys and we are the hardcore gamers. You guys just cheat to survive or pay money to win. You are not interested in gaming, you are more interested in the technology behind it.
Yet gamers all over the world are having fun playing games like Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon competitively on underpowered systems.

Console ain't going nowhere as badly as you pc guys want it to. We got all the great first party exclusives and all you guys can do is gloat about how easy it is to pirate nintendo roms and play them on pc. Pathetic. No wonder the developers are so scared of you guys stealing their shit and going out of business. lol

If you think PC is so great why did Galak-Z come out on console first? And why is batman so crap on pc? Because pc games are just console games up-resed. They are not true pc games. They are console games. That means console is superior because pc gamer like our games and are playing them thinking they are for pc but in reality they are just console titles ported to pc. You have been conditioned to expect red carpet treatment by developers simply for being a pc gamer. But they can't sustain that piracy business model so you guys are going to get lazy ports.
Where is the pc edition of Bloodborne Candy? There is none. Because people want to play on console.

Sony is protecting us from evil elitist pc gamers who want to steal our console franchises but not give us obsidian titles:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... t-manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There was also a Change.org petition to get Bloodborne on PC, saying From Software “betrayed” PC gamers after releasing the last two games on PC. Before the news of Sony not having any plans to port the game came out, the petition had reached over 19,000 signatures.
This is punishment for being greedy. You got dark souls. You are just greedy. We want you to suffer.

You get to have Tyranny - a rpg that looks like my 486 pc can run it, and we can stop you having Bloodborne - a game that looks like it was made for modern time. I think that's fair. :up:
The future is in creating enough demand for console exclusives that pc gamers convert to console gamers. After that, pc games can finally stop being mere ports of console games we already own and we console gamers can have a genuine reason to buy pc to play pc exclusives and the world will be happier place. A place where people don't just buy a game based on the technology demo running it, but out of actual interest in the game itself instead of it being a pissing contest to see who can afford the highest spec hardware. Many of the best games look like shit!
Hey bro, not sure if you're aware of this but "Street Fighter 4" has been made obsolete by a recently released game called "Street Fighter 5".
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

And Street Fighter V was made obsolete in 3 days by a game called Pokken Tournament
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Is that the one where you need 2x consoles to get 60fps in multiplayer?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I believe so. It hasn't stopped it from outselling SFV in 3 days in Japan.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cool thanks Jasper. Wii U hardware sales must have seen an increase too, yes? :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Metacritic -

SFV -77
Pokken -76

:lol:

:suicide: GreyWizzard :suicide:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

How long has SFV been out in Japan?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Long enough for it to be deemed an unmitigated disaster...and better than Pokken :lol:

:suicide: GreyWizzard :suicide:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

It seems people don't care about reviews and are forming their own opinion. When SF can't sell in the land that gave us SF there is a problem.

3 days ffs. 3 days to outsell SFV. That's crazy. Not oh it sold more than SFV sold in 3 days, but it has outsold SFV for as long as SFV has been out. It's pretty much impossible for SFV to come back.

I don't give a shit about either game, I'm just amazed at that stat.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's irrelevant to me as well. I love the game and have plenty of people to play against.

Sales and reviews mean nothing to the core audience, which I'm part of.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Seems a lot of the SF core audience aren't buying it though.

An untested fighting game sells gangbusters in the home of SF.

Also, if you don't care about reviews then why were you posting review scores?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Looks to me like the core audience IS buying it as the SFV numbers for tournaments are already bigger than ever for SF4. I know this because I pay attention to the community and game and am involved myself.

The FGC is the core audience, not oddjobs who only buy for single player.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

But the core audience in Japan, it's country of origin haven't bought it. 3 DAYS. That figure is insane.

Also, of course single players aren't buying SFV, single player hasn't been included yet.

Maybe that's why Pokken is doing better, the devs care about releasing a finished product for their consumers.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Capcom Pro Tour has 0 tournaments in Japan. That's 0 tournaments. It's not news stating that the Jappa console market has been in heavy decline for years. I think the PS4 itself isn't doing too well there compared to previous Sony consoles?

Also in terms of a finished game, a fighting game that requires 2x consoles for 60fps in multiplayer...yeah not exactly looking after the audience is it.

Then again I'm a fucking idiot for engaging you in this discussion GW when you're not even a fighting game player. At least with GameHED there's amusement to be had in seeing how insane I can get his responses to be. This....I'm part of the problem. :suicide:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Nice assumption of me.

Like I said, I really don't have any investment in either game. I'm just really impressed how a new IP has destroyed SF.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

NEWS FLASH pokemon game outsells all else in japan! :run:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sales = quality, just ask GreyWizzard. You would assume the Pokken tournament at Evo will draw a bigger entry number than SFV, yes? SFV has already broke the all-time Evo tournament record for entrants but since it's been destroyed by Pokken in Japan (main market for console game sales still) I think we can all expect it to pull a larger number of people and a hell of a lot of Wii U consoles :lol: