guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by guttermouth »

Jasper wrote:List of Wii U games available on launch day in Australia -

There are a lot of multiplatform titles, then again it is a system launch, but most of the multiplatform games have bonus content, better graphics, "off tv play" etc.

Plus unlike the PS3/360 versions, games like Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed III etc...on Wii U run in true 1080p HD at 60fps. :)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

There are a lot of multiplatform titles, then again it is a system launch, but most of the multiplatform games have bonus content, better graphics, "off tv play" etc.

Plus unlike the PS3/360 versions, games like Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed III etc...on Wii U run in true 1080p HD at 60fps. :)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Fuck of FliptheSwitchoff!

You know that's not the case. Nintendo made an error on their website about NSMB U being full HD and then they removed it, and Activision's own comments about BLOPS 2 Wii U being full HD were later also retracted by them.

And gutterbreath, how does that quote prove that I or Nintendo said that ”all Wii U games will be 1080p, 60FPS???” :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Naughty, naughty gutterbreath BUSTED slicing & dicing & messing around with IGN articles before posting them at Games Ranch! :redface:
DUMB SHIT........BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

guttermouth wrote:
Since our original story, Nintendo has released more details on what types of drives will be supported by Wii U. It's worth emphasizing that there is still a degree of uncertainty at this point, and the best way of knowing whether your particular hardware will work with the system is to test it.
Even so, here's what's new:
Bus-Powered vs. Self-Powered vs. USB 3.0
Perhaps the most important detail concerning Wii U and hard drives is this - self-powered drives (i.e. ones that you not only connect by USB but also power through an AC adapter plugged into an outlet) will definitely work with the system. Bus-powered discs, apparently, either won't work until a future update or won't be directly confirmed by Nintendo as able to work until a future time. Either way, it seems as though self-powered HDDs are the better option at this point.
Some drives are able to be powered only through USB 3.0. As we noted in our original story (below), 3.0 drives are not promised to work, though Nintendo has clarified these devices will effectively operate at USB 2.0.
Moving Your Drives
When you connect a drive to Wii U, you will have to format that drive for the system. Unless you partition, your entire drive will be dedicated to your Wii U. What's important to note is the system will format the drive for itself - not all Wii Us. In other words, if you try to relocate your HDD to another Wii U, that new system will apparently want to format the drive again. All data will be erased.
What Will Work
Nintendo has explicitly confirmed the following drives to work with Wii U, though it cautions it cannot guarantee they will always work. So, again, you'll have to just test these things to make sure.
Buffalo HD-LBU3-C Series HD-LB2.0TU3-BKC/HD-LB2.0TU3-WHC HD-LB1.0TU3-BKC/HD-LB1.0TU3-WHC
Buffalo HD-LBU3 Series HD-LB2.0TU3J HD-LB1.0TU3J
Toshiba CANVIO DESK Series HD-EA20TK/HD-EA20TW HD-EA10TK/HD-EA10TW
Seriously what a clusterfuck!!! Another reason why I will wait...

No wonder you didn't include a link, Gutterbreath.......because you took the IGN article and completely messed with it...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actual IGN article below.....
Key Details on Wii U Storage Solutions

Since our original story, Nintendo has released more details on what types of drives will be supported by Wii U. It's worth emphasizing that there is still a degree of uncertainty at this point, and the best way of knowing whether your particular hardware will work with the system is to test it.

Even so, here's what's new:

Bus-Powered vs. Self-Powered vs. USB 3.0

Perhaps the most important detail concerning Wii U and hard drives is this - self-powered drives (i.e. ones that you not only connect by USB but also power through an AC adapter plugged into an outlet) will definitely work with the system.

Of course, there's always direct information from Nintendo:

"To ensure maximum performance between your Wii U and an external storage device, we recommend using a hard-disc drive (HDD) with a dedicated power source (i.e., using an A/C adapter)."

Some drives are able to be powered through USB 3.0. As we noted in our original story (below), 3.0 drives are not promised to work, though Nintendo has clarified these devices will effectively operate at USB 2.0.

Specifically with regards to bus-powered drives, Nintendo has said the following:

"Some bus-powered hard disc drives draw more current than the USB 2.0 specification and might not run stably, so we cannot guarantee that such devices will run properly on Wii U without the use of a supplemental power cable called a y-cable that draws power from two USB ports.
For best results, we recommend using a hard drive with its own power supply that connects to the Wii U system via the USB port on the console.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/11/17/k ... 322100001c

I already knew this, but shame on you for trying to trick others on this forum, in particular attempting to dupe another specific member (Vince) by responding to him, in a way not to help him, but instead trash the Wii U with misinformation in a very calculated way.

You don't need an AC powered HDD, USB powered HDD also works if it's designed to work with USB 2.0, it's just that Nintendo have said some USB powered HDD's draw more power than others (those designed for USB 3.0), and for those that do, a y-cable with two USB ports to be connected into the Wii U is suggested (Wii U has 4 USB ports).

How embarrassing for you Gutterbreath! :arsekick:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

And once again, I posted exactly what IGN reported, now cunt stain for the fifth time check your link and what does it say at the very top of the page, talk about not posting the entire article..... let me show you....

Top line of your article states....
UPDATE:

One simple word.... UPDATE, which you seemed to leave out...

Which means the story was added too, after I had posted it...

So who is really BUSTED slicing & dicing & messing around??

Further proof on really how pathetic you really are...... :lol: :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Bullshit gutterbreath, this has already been confirmed.

You messed around with the article being posting it at Games-Ranch without a link and you were busted!

As Effie would say, "how embarrassment" :redface:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Confirmed by who??
You ooh that's right....

Like you confirmed 1080p 60 FPS for Wii U games several times....

Like you who confirmed that the Wii U is several times more powerful than the PS3 and 360 :lol: :lol: :lol:

The list is goes on.....

The only thing embarrassing on this board is you and being the drama queen you are, it really hurts.....
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Jasper wrote:Image

As Effie would say, "how embarrassment" :redface:
This cultural reference is about as dated as the Wii U hardware.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

watchutalkinbout Willis?
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

DYNAMITE!!!!
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

So let me get this straight- uncharted is up to its 3rd home console game on a continuous storyline and I'm excited to see that story continue next gen. How is that me being a hypocrite? Nintendo have been releasing "new" Mario and Zelda and metroid games since the fucking 80's! So we can forgive nintendo for releasing 2 Mario galaxy games plus a new super Mario game on one console, plus a new super Mario game on 3ds AND a new super Mario at Wii u launch! How many "new" Mario games is that in the past 5 or so years? But 3 uncharted games is too much??? Fucking moron. :down:

Anyway, I'm not looking for a super innovative controller. I'm excited to see what new features the PS4 console will allow. Plus having 1080p and 60 frames a second as standard will make a nice change from this generation of 30 fps games. Bring on the 20th feb! Bye nintendo!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I bet Sony find some way to continue the shitty aspects of Dual Shock controllers with the new system. Maybe they'll put those two shitty sticks in the middle of the screen.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I hope they redesign it better this time. Better analog sticks are a must.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Vince wrote:So let me get this straight- uncharted is up to its 3rd home console game on a continuous storyline and I'm excited to see that story continue next gen. How is that me being a hypocrite? Nintendo have been releasing "new" Mario and Zelda and metroid games since the fucking 80's! So we can forgive nintendo for releasing 2 Mario galaxy games plus a new super Mario game on one console, plus a new super Mario game on 3ds AND a new super Mario at Wii u launch! How many "new" Mario games is that in the past 5 or so years? But 3 uncharted games is too much??? Fucking moron. :down:
OMG....you're a total dumbshit! :lol:

So now you're grouping together Mario on a handheld and Mario on a home console, to try and prove a point? Damn Nintendo for releasing Mario for both their handheld gaming customer-base and home console customer-base. How dare they!!! :roll:

You're also grouping 2D Mario sidescrollers and 3D Mario platformer's together, even though they look & play entirely differently! Going by your fucked up logic, you would have preferred it if Nintendo released a single Mario (either 2D or 3D) per generation, meaning we would have potentially missed out on the likes of a Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D Land. What a fucking imbecile you are!

Including Uncharted: Golden Abyss for Vita (considering you like to group handheld and home console gaming together), and the Uncharted likely to see a PS4 launch or launch window release, that's FIVE Uncharted games under 6 years!

Hypocrite! :down:

Vince wrote:Plus having 1080p and 60 frames a second as standard will make a nice change from this generation of 30 fps games
Oh no she didn't!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Don't forget all the Mario Party games too! :rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

It's like Jasper just turned his own hypocrisy around and pushed it onto Vince... you'd think he was mucking around but alas he's not...

Fucking... stupid.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Not at all, I don't have a problem with sequels.

I have a problem with Sony/Microsoft sluts who bitch about Nintendo sequels (games like Pikmin/Smash Bros. that haven't seen a new release in 9 years for Pikmin and 5 years for Smash), and then run off and buy a third Mass Effect for 360 in under 5 years, a third Uncharted in under 4 years, a third Gears of War in under 5 years etc...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Not at all, I don't have a problem with sequels.
You wouldn't be a Nintendo fan if you did.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

What this fucking amateur doesn't understand, and the reason this whole sequel thing started in the 1st place is because Nintendo (not Microsoft or Sony) as a publisher release the same fucking sequels every new generation. They have released a Mario game every gen. A Zelda. Minus n64- Metroid. Minus NES- Mario kart. So guess what Nintendo does when the chips are down for the Wii u??? Not announce a tonne of new, exciting 3rd party games. No! They announce a remake of wind wanker. A new Mario kart. A new 3d Mario. A new Zelda. A new smash bros. like they did for Wii. Like they did for the cube. Like they did for the Nintendo 64. I mean fine, give me sequels but really, you're down and out but let's go for Mario YET AGAIN.
And who cares if 2d and 3d Mario are different. It's still Mario! It's just another excuse now to milk more Mario games out. Great idea Nintendo.
Yes I'm hanging to see another Uncharted cause I enjoyed them. The stories were great and they had a continuous storyline for all 3 games. How will Mario kart/Mario/smash bros/Zelda be any different? But I guess if Nintendo do it it's ok! Fucking moron. Someone remind me why this fuck nut is allowed to spew crap everywhere... I've tried to keep silent and not post on his posts but damn he bugs the hell out of me.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Jasper wrote:Not at all, I don't have a problem with sequels.

I have a problem with Sony/Microsoft sluts who bitch about Nintendo sequels (games like Pikmin/Smash Bros. that haven't seen a new release in 9 years for Pikmin and 5 years for Smash), and then run off and buy a third Mass Effect for 360 in under 5 years, a third Uncharted in under 4 years, a third Gears of War in under 5 years etc...
They're still comparatively new IPs (you do know what that means, right? :lol: ). We didn't grow up with Commander Shepherd, Dom, or Drake. Fucking Zelda and Mario have been around for over 25 years and they're still releasing the same thing over and over again.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

The new consoles have me excited. I'll be all over both news system at launch. This generation has gone on for far too long.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Mass Effect 3, Gears of War and also Uncharted (unless I am mistaken) are franchises that have a running storyline or a storyline that chains together to make larger stories and stronger character bonds with the gamer. I've played my fair share of Mario games and it's been pretty much the same thing each time. If I'm not rescuing some dumb slut who wants clearly wants to get gang banged by a bunch of Koopas... I'm collecting fucking stars or some shit. Not that that's not enjoyable but.. yeah..

Also.. Nintendo have been effectively peddling the Mario franchise for how long now? Not much has really happened... It's the same thing over and over again. Mario IS timeless... and has not changed at all really. You don't buy a Mario game for the story. You do buy a Mass Effect game for it though.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

They release the same games for the past twenty years. You have the same enimies, the same Mario story, the same looking worlds, the same looking environments, the same looking track designs, the same art design and then they add more coins and now the karts drive under water and the Nintendo fanboy fucktards call it Inovation!!!! :lol: :lol:

Mario 64 was the last thing they done to their games that was innovating. I love my Nintendo franchise games cause you know what you are going to get. But listening to dumb shit Ninty fanboys bag sequels on PS3 or 360 for been the same in 1 generation, is so hypocritical considering Nintendo last new IP was when??? And still continue to pump out pretty much the same games that have barely changed for the last 20 years.