Flashback is back!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Flashback is back!

Post by Candy Arse »

The original was released in 1992.

The MegaDrive version, released in 1993, is what the developers consider to be the "real" version of the game.

The Switch version is the 25th anniversary of the SNES version.

So yep, makes as much sense as a GameHED post. Also the SNES version was pretty bad so not sure why we're celebrating it?

But either way, this game is still brilliant.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

SNES was superior to Megadrive Candy.

Stop confusing little kids who weren't there at the time. Your fake news is fucking up their minds enough as it is. Like I said: you came from an alternate dimension. You thought the internet didn't even exist in the past. This is OUR world. The world where nintendo had the superior version of Street Fighter II on SNES and the megadrive had the second best version and Amiga games couldn't beat the console ports since they were made by people who just weren't hardcore enough (Ocean) to notice the differences between the arcade originals and the ones they made to care about how accurate they were. (but they didn't have to since everyone was pirating games anyway before expensive cartridges came along to make our wallets cry.)

Flashback was a good game but I think MidWinter was my fave amiga game.
^now you know where ubisoft got their ideas from for far cry.

related:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010 ... er-article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010 ... cle?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:SNES was superior to Megadrive Candy.
Only a clueless retard who hasn't played this game on both platforms would say this.
Enjoy, you fucking idiot.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

If you want a trippy experience, try watching that video with the "Magic Eye 3D" trick.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:
Only a clueless retard who hasn't played this game on both platforms would say this.
LOL "played it on both platforms". Why would I do that when I'm not that big a fan of flashback otherwise I would have joined your flashback club years ago? That would be like wasting my time getting mad that Doom wasn't as good on the SNES as pc version when it never needed to be in order to be still seen as the superior game system compared to pc? The wars are over: snes won because street fighter II was better on it and it was a nintendo usng cartridges which is a primitive technology. Some obscure pc game isn't going to change this man. No point talking to you. You have no idea how shit pc was back then when all you could to was play the text adventures and the sound effects were just bleep and bloops. You have no idea how amazing JRPG were on SNES. You westaboos think you know gaming more than us console gamers. You don't. You just hype old pc games because you are trying to be hipsters who think pc was the best thing. All the great PC games are better on low spec machines because we have superior controllers. Fuck keyboards! Will watch your video later.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I watched a little bit:

Basically it proves nothing. Just because a port was handled poorly is not an indication of the potential of the machine. You are so dumb dude.
You didn't take into account that the people may not have understood how to work on that machine enough to do better. I see this problem in many console debates. People forget that one port might not be as good as the other simply because the coder lacked experience or skill for the other system and it might not have anything to do with the hardware itself. Use your brain.
The Sega Saturn was a better 2d machine than playstation for example, but let us say you are shit at porting a playstation title to sega saturn. Does it mean the saturn is crap in hardware just because the coder had originally made the game for playstation instead of saturn? (and he didn't have time to keep trying better to adapt)

Nice try you biased prick. Nintendo SNES > sega Megadrive. I'll take Starfox over Afterburner and old pc games any day. Nintendo wasn't big in my school but the sega kids apologised to me when the 16 bit age started. You can love both while still having the right to say which the superior one was. And SNES wins.

I look at pc guys as these jealous guys who wish they could have good games on their system like us and want to kill us all off as revenge for being the nerd who only got to play ultima while amiga and console gamers got real action games on them. PC tards are always looking down on us and I can understand why now....It's because they have way more powerful hardware but they get pissed that software developers put their heart and soul into low spec machines. I would be pissed too if I were a pc guy. IT's not our fault that companies that have quality checkers polish their games for console so much and choose to be on closed machines to avoid piracy.

The cons of being console fan: PC wins on emulation, .....but consoles are still better overall gaming machines. I think you need to look back to the 90s when pc were not as powerful and didn't have much 2d goodness on them. Stop judging things from biased view. Of course sega might have got the better port of that one game but the SNES overall is superior. Play Street Fighter II on SNES then play on MD. Nintendo won. Switch can easily handle a port of an old 90s pc title easily. They just don't think you DESERVE IT. Because they know you Candy will just hack your Switch, pirate the rom and play for free...so they made it shit on purpose to get revenge on you. lol
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Have you played blackthorne you ignorant retard? :lol: (look how dirty and smeared in shit the Sega 32X port is as if someone farted on the sprites to try to make the game gritty and dark but instead it made them look like they are 3D plastic object that was placed in somone's butt and then taken out. yuck!)
^
also take note of the orc laughing at him when he shoves him off the ledge: it's a deep voice like darth vader. Then on the 32X version he sounds like a chipmunk. This indicates which is superior. The deep voiced orc has bigger balls then tha orc in the 32x one. Fast Forward to 6:37 to hear it. 32X owners have smaller ballsacks.

fave comment under the vid which I agree with:
retropolis gaming
1 year ago
SNES Version is clearly better, with more animation frames, more colors, fullscreen intros and better music.
ignorant fucking little shit on his dad's computer. SNES is amazing! :up:

Awwwwww what you going to do, challenge me to a game of Street Fighter in an online pc match where you hacked the code so that your KO bar never goes down? LOL Bloody pc retards using bad examples to win a argument. No wonder nobody bought a dreamcast and ignored shenmue which is one of the best adventure titles they ever made. You guys were too busy ignoring it and playing pc games instead of buying DC ones. All the developers had to then move to sony and now they are turning mean again after Tomby and his sony mates locked down Street Fighter to be an exclusive to one platform. ARGH. Unlike DragonBall Fighter Z we may never get to play any newer Street Fighter on switch thanks to him. How annoying.

edit:
more neutral comment here which reaffirms my point that you can't judge a machine by the lazy port job of the coder:
Eep386
2 years ago
It appears the 32X version is simply a rather unoptimized port of the SNES game. (Even the music is similar!) Due to the Genesis VDP rendering the backgrounds there's a bit of a hit to the background colors, particularly in the opening scenes, though IMO the color choices are better (less brown and more green) and there is subtly more detail in the backgrounds. The 32X sprites definitely have smoother animation, but I prefer the flatter and cartoonier SNES sprite textures personally (never was a fan of late 90s Interplay murky clay shading.)

Too bad the game looks so stiff-playing on both platforms.
in other words since the original it was ported from was made for the nintendo, the genesis might inherit something bad because it wasn't done from the ground up, .... possibly due to lazy guys. (think of it like greedy businessman orders them to just rush it instead of take their time. Something you don't see with nintendo games which are polished games meant for the machine to work as good as they possibly can get it)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Candy Arse wrote:
I think you may have triggered him...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:
What is this black magic? It's like both games are played exactly the same.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Ah but which has more colour depth? SNES. Look at the sprite and see the jacket on the guy. More details. (three different browns on snes version) Superior machine.

Candy is the type of guy who prefers to play dark souls on pc just to be friends with the elite and likes the bad controls on pc. At the end of the day it was a console title and pc guys hate us for it. (we still get the superior experience despite the hardware being weaker)

Yes pc has the best hardware. But that doesn't mean ports of consoles are all going to be good on pc.

That's why you should listen to Worthabuy (old guy who plays pc games a lot and tells us the truth about controls being bad and ports being lazy)
Drain
4 years ago
If they couldn't properly port it to PC, they shouldn't have bothered in the first place. It was as lazy as could get, and absolutely shameful. NO ONE should be defending it, nor the fact that they couldn't take the time to fix it up at any point. To this day, years after release, it's still just as broken. They couldn't give 2 shits about it.
We are the guys triggering the pc tards. Console ain't going away. Even the mobile gamers can't kill us off. Mobile tards are people like your mum playing candy crush not real gaming pros. Big serious game devs know this. They just exploit these guys to milk the platform. But the best projects still go on console machines. :up: Candy is probably hoping star citizen is a real game. lol PC devs are rushing to make indie and triple A titles on console land. Why? Console is becoming more pc like. MS know this. PC gamers have to accept the world has changed since 1998. As long as valve stop making new half life titles then candy's platform is on life support pretty much. I like pc titles but consoles have caught up and can handle a lot of pc games. Some games that were originally mouse and keyboard games can be adapted for console if the developer tries to make it work. Some developers are lazy and don't do this, but that has nothing to do with the console platform itself. What is the moral of the story? you can't judge machines based on badly done port jobs. Rockstar porting GTA5 to pc is more of what we like. (take time to make it good and delay it if you have to)