Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Xbox 360 - Huge in Japan!

Post by Twit »

Xbox 360 is suddenly lighting up retail tills in Japan. Pre-orders began for the company’s Blue Dragon bundle yesterday with many retailers reporting a sell-out.

The special edition, of which there are about 10,000 units, sold out almost immediately, with the further 90,000 standard units selling fast. Next-Gen spoke to a number of retailers in Tokyo who reported brisk sales or sell-outs of allocations.

The bundle includes an Xbox 360 core system with Blue Dragon as well as other bundled games for a bargain-basement 29,800 yen. The special edition features various freebies including a faceplate.

This bundle is a last desperate gamble by Mirosoft to break the Japanese market, whch has hitherto shown little or no inclination to be swayed. But Blue Dragon has been winning plaudits across Japan. Expected severe shortages of PS3 will only adding to the allure of this bundle.

Vinaigrette
Clearly the 360 is going to dominate the Japanese market. They obviously appreciate the smaller form factor, the strong line-up of JapRPGs, and the fact that it’s made by a gaijin company. I wonder what Sony and Nintendo can do to wrest away Microsoft’s stranglehold of this market? They should probably just give up and concentrate on North America / Europe.

Did anyone grab that video of Blue Dragon from the recent Whatever Event? That’s about all I know of it - looks interesting, if a bit too cutesy and weird for my liking.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Interesting... but notice it's a Core pack :lol:

In other news: Microsoft expecting sales of the HDD add-on to explode as Japanese 360 owners realise that almost all JRPGs require it.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

They need to pokemon up the 360. Gotta have em all!

The Japanese currently have no respect for Microsoft, as evidenced by Konami's shoddy work on the 360s release of Pro Evo Soccer. They'll never truly embrace a product developed by a company based o/s, when there is a direct competitor that has local origins - regardless of the quality of the products.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Japan has run out of DS Lites and an Xbox 360 is almost the same price :D
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Seriously Blue Dragon is going to sell the 360. The line up at TGS to play it was insane. I should know, I was it it for 160mins!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

GreyWizzard wrote:The line up at TGS to play it was insane. I should know, I was it for 160mins!
So ppl were queuing up to play you eh? Money shot? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

lol

it was a regular bukake party