Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Driveclub: 15 free tracks added 31/10/16

Post by t0mby »

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this. I know Pilon said it didn't look anything special at E3 compared to Forza, but perhaps it should be compared to PGR? Regardless, here is a video of it running (off camera footage) skip to about 2:30. Looks good graphically, the guy can't play for shit but he is focusing on the controller itself.
Last edited by t0mby on 31 Oct 2016 11:51 pm, edited 21 times in total.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Re: Driveclub Thread.

Post by pilonv1 »

The backgrounds look nice, but it's just a standard racer with a lot of team integration. Seems to be only 30fps at the moment too which hurts it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I read that the demo at E3 was old code, only around 37% complete apparently so there is hope.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Yeah that footage looks a lot less polished than the official trailer. I call shenanigans :/
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

pilonv1 wrote:The backgrounds look nice, but it's just a standard racer with a lot of team integration. Seems to be only 30fps at the moment too which hurts it.
There doesn't seem to be a lot going on in the backgrounds, why isn't it 60fps?
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Another uninspiring Sony racer.

Interested because there is a Free version with PS Plus.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

It's a launch game. Launch games always look shitty.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Before Forza Horizon, I might have been looking forward to playing this. But Horizon has shown me that I can't enjoy any racer which doesn't have a damage system. Vanilla Forza has spoilt me and I can't go back.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Anyone looking forward to The Crew?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Is it a racing game?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

lestat wrote:
pilonv1 wrote:The backgrounds look nice, but it's just a standard racer with a lot of team integration. Seems to be only 30fps at the moment too which hurts it.
There doesn't seem to be a lot going on in the backgrounds, why isn't it 60fps?
There's not but they do look nice in motion. I wonder if 60fps is their target? If you were getting a PS4 I'd get this, but I wouldn't buy one for it.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

How does the new DS4 controller feel compared to the old one?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Better, but sticks still suck.

Yesterday I would have said that if the DS4 had Xbox sticks it would possibly be better than the Xbox one. But the new location based vibration and different types of vibration still mean the Xbone controller is king.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_two_vi ... 26_en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some new videos at Gamersyde.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

pilonv1 wrote:the new location based vibration and different types of vibration still mean the Xbone controller is king.
I think that was always a given though - say what you want about their software or their business practices, Microsoft know how to make a damn nice interface device.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

cloud wrote:Anyone looking forward to The Crew?
I thought it looked more interesting than DriveClub. Don't think I'll get either though.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

This game just looks boring and poor from the videos. Now I know why sony are giving it away at launch, even they have lost faith in it.

Compared to forza5 and even Need for speed rivals, just lacks the graphical pop and wow factor. Also from all the videos I've seen people seem to struggle with the controls/handling. Needs a lot of work.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

By that logic I guess the new Killer Instinct sucks too and MS has lost faith in it?

Fuck me, it's like 2000/2001 all over again. I kind of like it though :up: :D
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Have you seen the videos of killer instinct? looks cheesy as fuck, no one is going to drop $120 on that shit. Fremium is the only way they're going to recoup money spent on it.

Speaking of which, was looking a preorder prices, $120 for regular editions, damn. At least we're not getting ripped off on the hardware, not sure how $50-60 us translates to $120 fucking bucks. :down:
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

t0mby wrote:Is it a racing game?
Dude get out under the rock you are living under (SA) and look that shit up!
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/z2gq ... ough--cam-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has USA as the map :shock:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

lestat wrote:Have you seen the videos of killer instinct? looks cheesy as fuck, no one is going to drop $120 on that shit. Fremium is the only way they're going to recoup money spent on it.

Speaking of which, was looking a preorder prices, $120 for regular editions, damn. At least we're not getting ripped off on the hardware, not sure how $50-60 us translates to $120 fucking bucks. :down:
Killer Instinct looks very SF4 ish.
What did you think of mad max? A post apoc racer/survival rpg on ps4 sounds awesome. Interstate 76 fans will love that. No gameplay was shown of course.

I agree australia is a total rip off when it comes to game prices. Now you understand why people trade in games at eb to afford to buy new ones. Some games are worth that but not all. If games were cheaper this would help combat 2nd hand sales quite a bit. The hobby is very expensive especially if you plan on owning multiple systems.

PC gamers just get ripped off on WoW. lol
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Direct Feed compilation video. Skip through for different times of day.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Day to night transition video (Chose the Gamersyde link as it is the higher quality video)
Originally Posted by PS Blog

13 things we’d like you to know about this video:

1. If you’d like to see a version of the video with significantly higher image quality than shown on YouTube (and a closer representation of how the game looks on PS4), you’ll be able to download the 1080p video online soon.

2. The time of day is accelerated by x60, which is why the video covers from 6pm – 9pm in Chile in just three laps. Accelerating the speed of time is something you can choose to adjust before you race and it’s also why the sunlight disappears so quickly at 1:58. :-)

3. Design Director Paul Rustchynksy is the driver. He’s using a Thrustmaster “T80 DRIVECLUB Edition” wheel, which explains why his last lap (in first person racing view) is the fastest.

4. The video was captured in one take from a version of the game still in development. Optimisations to the visual quality of the game are made every day, so while there are lots of impressive details on show you may also spot some things we’re still working on – like improving the anti-aliasing for certain assets and making sure that nothing pops in to view.

5. We decided to show this time trial event with on-screen display disabled, because lots of people wanted to see this and it’s something you can choose to configure in the game. We noticed that when we did this, the game still plays the sound effects for Overdrives, so we’re fixing this.

6. The way that we have captured each car’s distinctive audio is evident here because we’ve disabled the in-game soundtrack music, but we’ve actually just made further improvements to the quality of the audio in the game today (and fixed the backfire so that you can hear it properly on the Audi R8 V10 Plus), so it’s still getting better.

7. All lights illuminate the environment authentically. The dashboard fully illuminates, so you can see the glow of the buttons in the control panel above the rear-view mirror and you can see the reflections in the windscreen and the driver’s window. Similarly, you’ll notice that the brake light illuminates the car’s active spoiler in the first two laps. Hopefully this will draw your eye away from the glitch with the car’s tyre smoke (which is missing) and excessive anti-aliasing on the Audi’s bevelled rear window frame… which we are of course still developing.

8. The reflector lights (cats eyes/snake eyes) on the safety barriers surrounding the track reflect light authentically too. You can see this most clearly at 02:30.

9. Ghost cars (and opponent cars) are all fully realised in the rear-view mirrors, but there’s currently a small glitch that makes them render incorrectly when the sun goes down. This will be improved by launch.

10. The crowds release balloons throughout the race. The balloons should react authentically to the wind and light up correctly at night – and appear less frequently too – but the game is still in development after all.

11. There’s a tiny portal to another dimension (aka a glitch in the world) at 0:32. We’ve fixed it in the game already.

12. The sky is clear of clouds so that you can see the stars twinkling up above. This won’t always be the case; you can choose how clear or cloudy the sky is when you set-up a race and it will be uniquely generated every time. On the occasions when the fog rolls in and you can only see the tips of those mountains in the distance… and the cars in front are casting long shadows towards you as the sun rises or sets on the horizon… and you’re breezing through it all 150mph… it’s utterly sensational!

13. Not only do we model every car in staggering detail inside and out, we go to great lengths with the environments too. Check out the observatory tower at 1:47 and 2:37!
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

For the love of god crane the camera up in the external view, that is infuriating. And stop showing off the stupid time trial a-synchronous play, it's a flagship racing game releasing at the tail end of 2013 I think there will be some people enjoying simultaneous online multiplayer, like we've been doing for over a decade now.

looks ok but I am not feeling the hype... Sort of boring.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It's only to demo the lighting SJ and time of day transition. More vids will come closer to release with more racing I expect.