Assault Android Cactus Steam Early Access & Demo released!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ben
Southpoor

Re: Assault Android Cactus Steam Early Access & Demo release

Post by Ben »

Ooh, is it cross buy? I might double dip anyways cause I've got a little bit of PS+ left and discounts are always tasty :-) plus accessibility outside of the PC is good, easier to lug PS4 than PC.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Think PS4 only, not sure to be honest
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I bought it anyways :up:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Oooo will jump online today and buy it!
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Ben wrote:Ooh, is it cross buy? I might double dip anyways cause I've got a little bit of PS+ left and discounts are always tasty :-) plus accessibility outside of the PC is good, easier to lug PS4 than PC.

It's definitely cross buy, but the Vita version isn't ready yet :P

Been an interesting launch, we're still super niche but I think critics are definitely responding better on PS4 - We even had a bunch of 10/10 scores including Hyper mag :D

I wouldn't have been unhappy if we'd ended up super popular like Broforce but I'm happy to settle for being known as really good :) That's something you can build on.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

What about the WiiU version, eh?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Oh fuck yeah, nice one :up: glad to know I've essentially already bought the vita version then! :D
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Gratz on the success SJ. I have bought it and played it. Sling a few bucks your way and support you guys. What a dream eh? To have your game real and selling. It's got a real positive vibe and buzz around it too. For me, it's ok, but like I've said before it's not really my type of thing. There is definitely some 'one more go' factor there, and to get ahead on the leaderboard. For some weird reason it reminds me of Resogun, and that can't be a bad thing.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Bought it for PS4 last night and let it download.

Just unlocked Shiitake.
I have to admit it really plays well. The variation in the characters is well thought out too. Very worthwhile purchase. It's a shame I don't have anyone to play 2 player with me at home! :(
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

My brother purchased it a couple days ago on ps4. We played it co-op last night. Had a fucking blast! I purchased it today on ps4. Really fantastic game! Congrats and wish you all the success and happiness SJ!
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

unfnknblvbl wrote:What about the WiiU version, eh?
One step at a time, not sure when the next platform will hit but they're both still coming.

Thanks for the kind words guys, 3 years is a long time to be working on the same thing so it's really gratifying to finally have it out there and for people to be enjoying it. It's bound to go down but we're currently gamerankings #2 for this year behind The Division on PS4 :P
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Awesome! Hopefully the sales reflect the ratings!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

:up:

Finally got the 1000 chain achievement on steam :D I've only got the S+ everything achievement left and I'm diligently making my way through them. I've done world 1,2,3 completely and only a couple in the remaining 4 and 5. Final boss of 5 is going to be a bitch, but I think once I can consistently get through the first two bullet hell sections that precede the first two boss parts embryo and vespula I'll be laughing. The one before the 3rd boss, name escapes me, is actually pretty manageable just gotta play true to bullet hell and manage the homing bullets carefully and keep steady :)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

flipswitch wrote:
Sucks to be Microsoft for not playing ball, or whatever happened. AAC may not be a killer app or system seller in its own right, but it's the sort of game that keeps loyal fans very happy indeed.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

It actually feels like a proper video game though. It's got that old school charm about it.. and I only JUST beat Licorice and thought it was frustrating (in a good way) but then to have that computer thing that was a collection of all the bosses? That's fucked.. in the best possible, old school way.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

3 levels left to S+ now :D

Though they are they last 3 levels of the final world... I'm optimistic! Going to see if I can do it this weekend. I think I might have the most difficulty with the 3rd last level, all the changing red danger zones fuck me up and the level feels quite long.

Edit: 2 enemies dropped from a full combo right at the end of the last boss :( so close! I'm hoping I'll nail it after a coffee break.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Getting some frustrating responses to the controller disconnecting whilst playing.

Left the game paused so that I could take a break, when I came back the controller had turned off (Xbox One via PC receiver dongle) and when I turned the controller back on nothing responded. Keyboard wouldn't work either, mouse no go, alt+tab didn't work, only thing I could do was ctrl+shift+esc to get to task manager, but every time I moved the mouse it made a windows system noise repeatedly, couldn't actually click on anything, only go back to the game which was running fine but not responding. Ended up having to reset the PC to get control back, and it's happened twice now, each under the same circumstances. :(

Another time I had the batteries run out (of the controller) whilst playing, my character just started walking in one direction, became invincible to all enemy attacks for some reason and then it was pretty much like above. Controller wouldn't respond, couldn't alt+tab, had to reset.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Wonder if it's an Xbone controller problem or does the same thing with each wireless controller. Sounds funky, and bloody annoying.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I did read SJ posting up about people having issues with rhe DS4 controller programs, will have to see if it's still running and possibly interfering. Worst case scenario I'll just connect up via USB again.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

yeah, they've posted about the 'bone controller being a big plastic sack of shit on Windows. Heaps of indie games are having issues with it, and MS won't fix the drivers.

I've had issues with AAC, Ninja Pizza Girl and Kerbal Space Program so far. It's really weird how big studio games apparently aren't having any issues, but indies are. I guess indies don't have the resources to throw at millions of different controller/machine configurations.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I was having issues with the Xbone controller, so I just reverted back to the trusty 360 game pad. Works like a charm!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

unfnknblvbl wrote:yeah, they've posted about the 'bone controller being a big plastic sack of shit on Windows. Heaps of indie games are having issues with it, and MS won't fix the drivers.

I've had issues with AAC, Ninja Pizza Girl and Kerbal Space Program so far. It's really weird how big studio games apparently aren't having any issues, but indies are. I guess indies don't have the resources to throw at millions of different controller/machine configurations.
Well that's disconcerting considering it's the controller that comes with the Rift :shock:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Ben wrote:3 levels left to S+ now :D

Though they are they last 3 levels of the final world... I'm optimistic! Going to see if I can do it this weekend. I think I might have the most difficulty with the 3rd last level, all the changing red danger zones fuck me up and the level feels quite long.

Edit: 2 enemies dropped from a full combo right at the end of the last boss :( so close! I'm hoping I'll nail it after a coffee break.
2 levels left to S+ now. Finally beat the final boss S+ so it's just Liquorice and the level before her. On my first few attempts at Liquorice I got her down to just a sliver of health holding my combo but then a random bullet hit me :( promising start though and hopefully I won't struggle as much as the final boss - that was a marathon haha.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Those of you having issues with your Xbone controllers it's a Windows update that broke it.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1195675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uninstalling the updates mentioned in that thread has fixed it for me.
2nd place is the first loser....